Suggestions for the Wiki

No it's not that at all. Where did you get that opinion from? There are a several factors that can make results differ a lot. I don't think there have been more than 2 or people here in the last several years who could definitely be said to have just made up results. Look things up before you post something to make sure it's not wrong.

(Jun. 02, 2013  12:23 PM)nupmuk Wrote:
(May. 12, 2013  1:39 PM)Ultra Wrote: I'm not sure why I have to tell you this but here goes:

Beywiki is volunteer run and currently no one volunteers and makes drafts. There's not much we can do about that. Complaining to people does nothing. So stop it.
I was not complaining it was just a suggestion and I would do that stuff myself if I knew how. I have one more suggestion that I could put on the wiki, The idea is make a page for testing results from testing threads. I could do it if someone allowed me, tell me if you think that is a good idea or not.

There's a fine line between complaining and pointing out genuine shortcomings. It's not that you did anything wrong in particular it's just that I usually have to reply to a post like yours a times within the span of 3 - 4 months. I don't see why we would need that. Beywiki articles already do that. The info in them is based on the tests. If you want to see how they do specifically then just look at the testing threads. Most testing threads are at max 5 pages long so it's not any great hardship.
To clarify my post, the forging of test results is not an epidemic at all...our community seems to be very good about making sure our tests are legitamate on a personal eithics level, but we as an online community have no way of always knowing who makes up results and who does the honest work.
I think somebody should work on the anime category since there's only one character.
Why exactly? Beyblade wikia does a good enough job that there's no point and regardless of that we already have like no one apart from me properly working on the parts of the wiki we do need, so even if the mods made an announcement or something to start some it, wouldn't go anywhere at all because no one would work on it at all.
Uptill now we have beywiki in 3 languages we should get it in more languages
We don't have enough of a community for the other languages to make that possible. It was hard enough getting one two languages since the majority of it was all done by one very determined and giving person (Galaxy FYI).
(Jun. 09, 2013  9:18 PM)Ultra Wrote: Why exactly? Beyblade wikia does a good enough job that there's no point and regardless of that we already have like no one apart from me properly working on the parts of the wiki we do need, so even if the mods made an announcement or something to start some it, wouldn't go anywhere at all because no one would work on it at all.
Not to offend people who work on beyblade wikia but it's links are all broken and pictures won't show up.
That's not a factor we control. As such it changes nothing because Beyblade Wikia is still a million times better regardless of that fact.
(Jun. 13, 2013  12:27 AM)nupmuk Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2013  9:18 PM)Ultra Wrote: Why exactly? Beyblade wikia does a good enough job that there's no point and regardless of that we already have like no one apart from me properly working on the parts of the wiki we do need, so even if the mods made an announcement or something to start some it, wouldn't go anywhere at all because no one would work on it at all.
Not to offend people who work on beyblade wikia but it's links are all broken and pictures won't show up.

Links are all broken and the pictures won't show up? No offence, but I think that's a clientside error, not our problem. The Wiki views perfectly fine for me and just about everyone else. Try using a different browser.
(Jun. 13, 2013  12:33 AM)~Mana~ Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2013  12:27 AM)nupmuk Wrote:

Links are all broken and the pictures won't show up? No offence, but I think that's a clientside error, not our problem. The Wiki views perfectly fine for me and just about everyone else. Try using a different browser.
it must be opera mini.
I have a suggestion that's easy to do, it is Copy the use in synchrom customs from Shinobi saramanda and paste it in the Saramanda Balro article. Also for the ultimate synchrom set defense and stamina it should be noted that SB is a good sway defense bottom, WD is goods for stamina in, Goreim can be used if someone does not have two Wyjangs, and is EDS outclassed?, If not then maybe mention some uses for it. In the orojya wyjang article maybe mention some uses for EDS.

By the way got the chrome browser and Beyblade Wikia works fine now.
Or you could write the article yourself? ( though I am not sure if you know how things work here well enough to do that)
There are quite a bit of missing plastic article in addition to missing MFB articles. I think beywiki should focus half on the missing plastic articles ( Wolborg 4, Driger F, regular Gaia Dragoon, Gaia Dragoon G, and any others) and half on stubs, and missing MFB articles ( Phantom orion BGrin, Screw Capricorne 90MF, Cyber Aquario 105RF, Archer Gargole SA165WSF, Guardian Reviser 160SB, Dark Knight Dragooon LW160BSF, Pirates Killerken A230JSB, ETC.). Also the wiki is progressing a lot faster than before and more articles are going up since I joined the WBO! Great job too all the wiki contributers!
Old news ...
Sorry for the necro, but this is the right thread, so it seems.
Taking out the Upcoming Releases section, or at least clearing it rather than keeping the old releases on there. Putting maybe a brief explanation about the "Beyblade Hiatus." I would've cleared it already, but I don't think think I can.
This may, or may not, have been mentioned before, but shouldn't someone write new articles for the "Customization" section? I think it would be very helpful for people looking to get into the competitive scene without fishing out the answers from the forum threads.
(Sep. 04, 2014  11:12 PM)Saisei Wrote: This may, or may not, have been mentioned before, but shouldn't someone write new articles for the "Customization" section? I think it would be very helpful for people looking to get into the competitive scene without fishing out the answers from the forum threads.

Oh, we were indeed working on Tornado Stallers and perhaps one or two other terms, but otherwise, there is not much.
Can we make stub articles for plastics (and the two HMS articles left I guess) please? I've always felt and still do feel that some information on the wiki is better than nothing. Especially for articles where it's not likely a particular beyblade will get an article unless someone steps up and does a lot of testing. I would be very happy to make a list and make drafts.
(Sep. 09, 2015  11:00 PM)Ultra Wrote: Can we make stub articles for plastics (and the two HMS articles left I guess) please? I've always felt and still do feel that some information on the wiki is better than nothing. Especially for articles where it's not likely a particular beyblade will get an article unless someone steps up and does a lot of testing. I would be very happy to make a list and make drafts.

The best way to do this is to start making drafts!

There isn't a whole lot left to be discussed about Plastics / HMS - it's been over 10 years - so just start writing!
Does anyone else think that many of the articles need to be updated to reflect the Limited Format? I noticed that many parts that are great for Limited are labeled as bad such as the Pegasis Metal Wheel and DF145. I think it's important that Bladers are also aware which parts are best for the different Formats, like how it says B:D is good for Zero-G but not for Standard.
Limited format is our creation, and an encyclopedia should reflect on how good the parts are overall, in official formats.

I cannot really remember why B:D was not described as good in Standard format.
(Sep. 12, 2015  4:00 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Limited format is our creation, and an encyclopedia should reflect on how good the parts are overall, in official formats.

I cannot really remember why BGrin was not described as good in Standard format.

I dunno ... at this point, we are basically are the "official format". I would be OK with seeing articles have a small part at the end offering footnotes on how Limited format affects the statements made in the article. But I wouldn't want it to be a dominant element of the page.
(Sep. 12, 2015  4:04 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2015  4:00 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Limited format is our creation, and an encyclopedia should reflect on how good the parts are overall, in official formats.

I dunno ... at this point, we are basically are the "official format". I would be OK with seeing articles have a small part at the end offering footnotes on how Limited format affects the statements made in the article. But I wouldn't want it to be a dominant element of the page.

This is what I mean. When you look all over the internet, the WBO is usually referred to for which parts are good, and that is all based on the Standard format created here. I understand that we don't need it to be so big, but like Bey Brad said, a footnote towards the end would be good.

I'm pretty sure B:D works a lot better in Zero G with super heavy left spin combos. Also with the massive tip it's quite hard to sway I think.
Going through the Wiki, there is something I want to try implementing. And that's categories. While I know you already have categories such as "Drivers", "Parts", etc., I mean something more specific.

For example, looking at the Accel Driver (vroom vroom...it's a Kamen Rider joke...), I noticed that it has a Flat tip. My initial thought was, "Oh, like RF from MFB." What I want to do is specify categories in the style that TCG-based Wikis do.

For example (again), in Vanguard wiki, they have categories for cards that use "Persona blast", "Generation Break," "Legion", "Limit Break", "Sentinel", etc. In YGO, they get more specific like "Special Summons itself from your hand" and "You draw cards". In Battle Spirits, they have stuff like "BP at x000", "Target attack", "Cost x", etc.

My intention going through some of these stuff is to make categories for parts such as "Flat tips" or "Ball tips". Granted, this looks like it's only doable for just bottoms, tracks, and Drivers, but if someone can compile a list of all specifics that CAN be categorized for easy searching, I can give it a shot.