Stop Rapidity and other fake bey sellers.

I am creating this to talk about stopping Rapidity and other fake bey sellers, because they are annoying and trick everybody! Whenever I check for beyblades online, most of my results are from Rapidity. Why does it have to do this. Sure, I can just search for the brand I want, but that still tricks some audiences. One audience can be children, and some of them don't know the difference. I didn't, and it needs to be stopped. Another audience can be people that don't even read for details. All in all, we can't just stay away from them. Most of us can't, so we need to stop this! What can we do?
Ah, I proposed something to the Committee but we have not discussed it yet. What do you think can be done though? They are technically not saying that they are legitimate products either, and since they are resellers they can even plead ignorance that they were selling counterfeit products. What would really help is if TAKARA-TOMY themselves took actions against Rapidity, TT Hongli, etc., but seeing as they have not done anything yet after all those years, I think there is nothing they can do at all...
Im not trying to sound stupid,but Takara Tomy beyblade boxes have a similar Rapidity logo, unless it means something else.
This is form what I know, not necessarily true

I don't know if Rapidity is from China, but fake products/replicas from China, for examples, are protected by law IF the factory is located IN China, and this don't apply only for toys

AGAIN: This is what I know, I was told about this because of the miniature replicas for wargames
(Jan. 21, 2017  4:11 AM)Beyblader205 Wrote: Im not trying to sound stupid,but Takara Tomy beyblade boxes have a similar Rapidity logo, unless it means something else.

Actually Original beyblade boxes have Takara Tomy or Hasbro logo which Fakes won't have. check this thread for more info on how to spot fakes https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-theflig...-searching

but really TT should do some about Rapidity. Atleast is it possible for them to make Rapidity not use "beyblade" as name for there fake beys? I'm sure it will help quite a bit from preventing buyers from getting fakes.

IMO Rapidity's biggest reason beyblade aren't sold as much. Take India for example. Here there are I'm sure MANY bladers. Yes it doesn't seem there are many bladers but if you see many of 8-13 year old has atleast 1 beyblade (atleast every kid of that age I know) (esspecially as under 10) and as BSB anime is airing on Hungama. I'm pretty sure there must be atleast 40k bladers in Mumbai itself (just think how many would be in whole india). Though many stores still has many of stock left. You ask why? Because of Rapidity. Compared toTT they are much more avalable (you can almost find them everywhere compared to Hasbro which can be found only at big toys stores or mall. THough some small gift shop have them but they now days don't keep them due to they don't get sold) + MUCH cheaper (I think cheapest you can find would be rs30) so many get fake because it's much cheaper (Many just don't want to spend 600rs on OG or sometimes there parents don't get them) or they don't know if they are fake or they just don't know original exsist at all! (I mean many just get what they see in TV regardless of brand)

So yeah if TT do something about fakes + reduce price just a bit (not expecting they to be rs10 but just little bit) so I'm sure it will increase sale of beyblade much more

#Mission_Beyworld_Domination_Begans!!!!!!!
Good point!
As much as this is an admirable quest I don't know if we as an organization have much power to do anything. I think all we can do is keep people aware. Also it's really not hard to spot fakes. They're usually a lot cheaper than the real versions for one thing.
(Jan. 21, 2017  8:27 PM)Ultra Wrote: As much as this is an admirable quest I don't know if we as an organization have much power to do anything. I think all we can do is keep people aware. Also it's really not hard to spot fakes. They're usually a lot cheaper than the real versions for one thing.

True, but sometimes it just becomes so annoying.
(Jan. 21, 2017  8:27 PM)Ultra Wrote: As much as this is an admirable quest I don't know if we as an organization have much power to do anything. I think all we can do is keep people aware. Also it's really not hard to spot fakes. They're usually a lot cheaper than the real versions for one thing.

^^ this. 

Also I feel when it comes to kids, they don't care what the brand is as long as they are getting a toy that resembles what they want.  I remember when plastic gen. came out, toy stores were out of stock for the longest time. So when you hear about a store having beyblades in stock, you go and buy them regardless of the brand. As kids, lot of us were happy that we were playing with beyblades. We couldn't care less if some of the ones weren't officially made by hasbro. 

Almost the same can be said for parents. They don't care about the brand as long as their kid is happy with the toy they are playing with. 

If Takara and Hasbro were really concerned about fakes, they could launch a campaign that educates customers about fakes.  Like Ultra said, best we can do is make other people aware. 

In the meantime perhaps on sites (such as amazon) we can also "review" the fake products and use that to our advantage to indicate to people that it is a fake. Many positive reviews for fakes are from parents who are happy that their kid is happy.
The best course of action is just don't buy them as actually doing so gives them the money to continue making the potentially dangerous fakes.
In my personal experience I've witnessed one break and actually injure someone- sure It wasn't a bad injury but imagine if it went into some poor kid's eye instead.
I didn't know much about Rapidity and tested mine, it did surprisingly well but it cut my hand after picking it up for the... Idk, 50th time?

EDIT: Grandma got it and she didn't know much about fakes, I would've known the difference
(Jan. 22, 2017  4:30 AM)Captain_Pancake Wrote: ^^ this. 

Also I feel when it comes to kids, they don't care what the brand is as long as they are getting a toy that resembles what they want.  I remember when plastic gen. came out, toy stores were out of stock for the longest time. So when you hear about a store having beyblades in stock, you go and buy them regardless of the brand. As kids, lot of us were happy that we were playing with beyblades. We couldn't care less if some of the ones weren't officially made by hasbro. 

Almost the same can be said for parents. They don't care about the brand as long as their kid is happy with the toy they are playing with. 

If Takara and Hasbro were really concerned about fakes, they could launch a campaign that educates customers about fakes.  Like Ultra said, best we can do is make other people aware. 

In the meantime perhaps on sites (such as amazon) we can also "review" the fake products and use that to our advantage to indicate to people that it is a fake. Many positive reviews for fakes are from parents who are happy that their kid is happy.

That is what I meant by kids not knowing the difference!
Just not buying them isn't enough. You look at product reviews, and a majority reveal that they were satisfied with their product. They probably don't even know it's fake!
Has was stated in another post, they "don't care", which is different than to know or not

And by "don't care" is that if you tell them it's fake, they will go "so what?" and they will be right, because they have what they want

This is a topic where you may concientice has was said, but if people STILL buy them, you can't do much more, because it would require a legal action, which has to be made by the company (TT, SK or Hasbro)
Yea I went on eBay trying to buy some beyblades but they wer all fake that's why I'm here I want to buy some real beyblades
(Jan. 24, 2017  6:00 AM)Dragondeeznutz Wrote: Yea I went on eBay trying to buy some beyblades but they wer all fake that's why I'm here I want to buy some real beyblades

Although there are lots of fakes on ebay, not all beyblades on ebay are fake. 
Most of mine are from ebay and they are legit

If your aren't sure about a seller, there is a topic in the bey market section where you can consult if the post and or seller is legit nor not.
what we can do here is if you find a fake beblade seller on ebay, report that item.
Ebay will then remove that item. if many of us do this, then we will eventually get rid of fake beyblades. 

on the middle of an item page, you will see "Report Item"

example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOW-new-4D-Lian-...6016.l4276

http://ocswf.ebay.com/rti/compose?items=...enny969610
I think that TT will only do something if they can see a benefit in it. They would have to take this to court (which costs a lot of money). Even if they won and shut Rapidity down, what would stop another company in China (or Rapidity again) from sprouting up and producing more fake beys with a different name or a slightly altered name. They may even just name them Beyblades again.

There will always be fakes and copies sadly. There are even fake iPhones. If Apple were to sue and try to stop companies from calling their phones iPhones, They would be suing all day.

But it is an awesome idea, and Rapidity is the biggest manufacturer of fake beys. So maybe something can be done.
(Jan. 25, 2017  7:21 AM)BeyderAndy Wrote: what we can do here is if you find a fake beblade seller on ebay, report that item.
Ebay will then remove that item. if many of us do this, then we will eventually get rid of fake beyblades. 

example:

Great idea! Thanks for bringing that up!
well they made a fake L-Drago Destrutor FConfused
(Jan. 25, 2017  7:21 AM)BeyderAndy Wrote: what we can do here is if you find a fake beblade seller on ebay, report that item.

example:

this is good thing to do and I do it too but really I'm sure there are like 5k-6k fakes (or even more?) so this isn't make that much difference
(Jan. 25, 2017  9:45 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: this is good thing to do and I do it too but really I'm sure there are like 5k-6k fakes (or even more?) so this isn't make that much difference

Well, if the entire WBO would do this, it might help A LOT.
I bought a Beat Lynx Random Booster on Amazon that said it a guaranteed Beat Lynx. The whole page looked legit. But when I got it, the package was smaller than I thought and it was a fake. I am still very peeved.

example:

Also here is ebay's policy on counterfeits:  
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/repl...rfeit.html

"Buying practices policy":
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buyi...tices.html   <-- there is a section that covers how sellers can report users.