[Sterling, VA 7/20/13] The Bey Brawl!

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

ITS NOT JUST A BATTLE IT'S A BRAWL!

Hello Beybladers! I am RagerBlade and this is first tournament, but lets skip this and get to the good part!

Date: July 20th, 2013
Where?: Algonkian Park (Go to the Playground, but not Potamic Sportsplex Playground)
Format: Standard
Fee: Normal $5 WBO Fee and free with a WBO Passport
Start Time: 1:15
End Time 3:00-4:00
Prizes and Results
[Image: goldface.png]1st
Kaboom!!! who chose Pirate Orochi 145D
[Image: silverface.png]2nd
Time who chose Theif Phoenix E230GCF
[Image: bronzeface.png]3rd
Insomniac who chose Pirate Kraken A230WJB

RagerBlades BeyBlades will be on sale! Check out the thread for prices!

Confirmed List
RagerBlade
Armadurn
razorrider7
SonikkuBey
TheGreatBaba
Insomniac
BeybladeChaos1
Wolverine

Maybe List
genbull9817
Leone-Roar

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jul. 09, 2013  3:05 PM)FangLeone130WB Wrote: I'm less then an hour away. Most likely I will be there unless something important pops up.
Ok than. I will put you down as a maybe.
(Jul. 09, 2013  3:43 PM)Kaboom!!! Wrote: "Rip It Up" like usual. hahaSmile Yeah, the two types you listed are completely fine. Tanks, Left Spin, Anti-Left Spin, etc. They're perfectly fine to use just as long as you have legal parts from Hasbro, Takara-Tomy, or Sonokong.

Yea, i should be ordering my L-Drago Destructor Golden Armor Ver. later today, and it should be here by the tournament starts. But i'm sure most of its parts are official and not fake. Wink

Oh! One more thing. since this is a tournament, I was gonna ask, are we aloud to change modes on our beys? because the last tournament i went to, the North Carolina Game Summit tournament, wouldnt let us change our modes, it was pick a mode, and see if it gives you luck for the rest of the tournament. Just Wonderin'.
(Jul. 09, 2013  4:28 PM)NintendoEdge22 Wrote:
(Jul. 09, 2013  3:43 PM)Kaboom!!! Wrote: "Rip It Up" like usual. hahaSmile Yeah, the two types you listed are completely fine. Tanks, Left Spin, Anti-Left Spin, etc. They're perfectly fine to use just as long as you have legal parts from Hasbro, Takara-Tomy, or Sonokong.

Yea, i should be ordering my L-Drago Destructor Golden Armor Ver. later today, and it should be here by the tournament starts. But i'm sure most of its parts are official and not fake. Wink

Oh! One more thing. since this is a tournament, I was gonna ask, are we aloud to change modes on our beys? because the last tournament i went to, the North Carolina Game Summit tournament, wouldnt let us change our modes, it was pick a mode, and see if it gives you luck for the rest of the tournament. Just Wonderin'.
Ummm...I really don't know whats with that because that sounds pretty...sketch.. You're aloud to use your mode switch at any time in the tournament. The only time you may NOT switch modes is when you're in battle. At that point you can't do any modifications that requires the beyblade to be completely disassembled. (Face bolt taken out of beyblade)
(Jul. 09, 2013  4:36 PM)Kaboom!!! Wrote:

Ummm...I really don't know whats with that because that sounds pretty...sketch.. You're aloud to use your mode switch at any time in the tournament. The only time you may NOT switch modes is when you're in battle. At that point you can't do any modifications that requires the beyblade to be completely disassembled. (Face bolt taken out of beyblade)
I think what you mean is that you can change your mode in battle as long as it does not require disassembling your beyblade. In beetween battles you can change the mode of the beyblade even if it does require disassemling. In beetween battles you can even change your beyblade completely.
(Jul. 09, 2013  4:36 PM)Kaboom!!! Wrote:

I dunno.it was something like that, but i remember they set a restriction on mode changes disassembling it. sorry if i confused you, how embarrassing! Pinching_eyes but thanks for answering!
Everyone please look at the Official Rules before the tournament to be familiar with them. We will only do a small skim of them at the tournament so I want everyone to be good with them before hand.
I read the rules. They were cool. LOL!
I'm going to print out the rules so I can look at them throughout the tournament since I'm new to entering them.
I Have a very important question! will we be switching our beys like, kinda a team thingy? like you bring 3 beys, and every couple battles you can switch or what? Or can we just bring 1 Beyblade, and Battle along side it during this tournament?
Where in Algonkian Park is the tournament? Could you post a map or guide near which shelter is
the playground because Algonkian Park is so big. Thanks!
(Jul. 10, 2013  1:18 AM)NintendoEdge22 Wrote: I Have a very important question! will we be switching our beys like, kinda a team thingy? like you bring 3 beys, and every couple battles you can switch or what? Or can we just bring 1 Beyblade, and Battle along side it during this tournament?
No we do not have to switch beys between rounds. That is optional. You are allowed to use one beyblade through out the whole tournament.
Or you can bring as many beyblades as you want.
(Jul. 10, 2013  1:28 AM)BladerLight Wrote: Where in Algonkian Park is the tournament? Could you post a map or guide near which shelter is
the playground because Algonkian Park is so big. Thanks!
It is very close to Shelter 1.
What all do we need to bring? I have 11 beys, and 8 extra pieces, a beylocker to hold my beys, 1 launcher that can switch between left and right spinning, and a beystadium.
put me as a maybe i might be able to go.
Rager you should put up a map in OP to save time for others.
Are we allowed to use metal face bolts and performance tips?
Yes, you can use mf's in wbo tournament, but you don't have to, also why would you not use a performance tip? If your saying a metal performance tip, then no you cant use them they're illegal.
(Jul. 10, 2013  5:50 PM)FangLeone130WB Wrote: Are we allowed to use metal face bolts and performance tips?

*PM with all your questions and needs*

-Yes you are allowed. Metal Faces, and Metal Stone Faces are allowed. Metal Performance tips such as MS, MB, MF are tournament legal. Anything else might need to be visually inspected to be sure its fine.
Hopefully he doesn't mean those totally metal Faces and Tips that come with fake beyblades.
The ones I have I bought separately from Takara Tomy. They are completely metal.
Those are fake and can't be used in tournaments.
Check The Guide to fakes. I will tell you everything about identifying fakes.
Coming to the tournament to beat you guys!!!