State of the Introductory Forum

...I knew what you were up to. Geez, this is a major wakeup call. Noodoo Soup, BeyCenter, these are some major names up there. People who are normally really good posters. (Plus, why would he have faces if he just joined?)
(Aug. 14, 2011  8:51 PM)Temporal Wrote: ...I knew what you were up to. Geez, this is a major wakeup call. Noodoo Soup, BeyCenter, these are some major names up there. People who are normally really good posters. (Plus, why would he have faces if he just joined?)
I figured him out, but he made me change my post TWICE.
If you don't believe me, ask Sparta.
Jeez, I sound really whiny in this post Uncertain

The point was likely that even the best of us don't really check. I can see why he wouldn't let you correct yourself.
(Aug. 14, 2011  8:51 PM)Temporal Wrote: ...I knew what you were up to. Geez, this is a major wakeup call. Noodoo Soup, BeyCenter, these are some major names up there. People who are normally really good posters. (Plus, why would he have faces if he just joined?)

I knew what he was up too. I PM'ed him and if you noticed, in my comment I put I see what you did there Wink.
(Aug. 14, 2011  8:56 PM)poseidon Wrote: sparta, pure genuis should we shall that stickied ?
That would be awesome if it got stickied, but I don't even think that would make much difference.
(Aug. 14, 2011  11:14 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote:

I knew what he was up too. I PM'ed him and if you noticed, in my comment I put I see what you did there Wink.
I never got a PM, but I figured you were on to me.

Bey Center had no clue. Man, that's NOT good.
(Aug. 14, 2011  11:18 PM)Sparta Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2011  8:56 PM)poseidon Wrote: sparta, pure genuis should we shall that stickied ?
That would be awesome if it got stickied, but I don't even think that would make much difference.
(Aug. 14, 2011  11:14 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote:

I never got a PM, but I figured you were on to me.

Bey Center had no clue. Man, that's NOT good.
at least it wont get lost in a few hundred pages

BeyCenter isn't really the most frequent poster. NoodooSoup is.

Realize this, we have to start reporting those who cannot clearly see a bad intro.
Also, just because a early member has faces, doesn't mean they weren't smart enough to actually get some...
Sparta Wrote:Bey Center had no clue. Man, that's NOT good.

No, no, i got a clue alright. Honestly, I read NoodooSoup's post, i got thinking, i looked at your avatar, noticed faces and thought, I see. I looked at the number of post and date you joined. So honestly, I played along, But I never knew it was you Sparta.

But i think i see all of your guys concept. Some introductions are really bad, and maybe even useless. What is there to do, report carp introductory threads.
(Aug. 15, 2011  1:49 AM)BeyCenter Wrote:
Sparta Wrote:Bey Center had no clue. Man, that's NOT good.

No, no, i got a clue alright. Honestly, I read NoodooSoup's post, i got thinking, i looked at your avatar, noticed faces and thought, I see. I looked at the number of post and date you joined. So honestly, I played along, But I never knew it was you Sparta.

But i think i see all of your guys concept. Some introductions are really bad, and maybe even useless. What is there to do, report carp introductory threads.
Not really. You report the cut-and-pasted replies that have nothing to do with the OP.
Ok, now i understand. Could there be anything else to help out with this situation, cuz nothing comes to mind.
If you see someone just say the "usual" welcome, tell them to add more content to the posts or that you'll have to report them.
EDIT: Derp that's wut Sparta said. :V
(Aug. 15, 2011  2:27 AM)BeyCenter Wrote: Ok, now i understand. Could there be anything else to help out with this situation, cuz nothing comes to mind.
Not really, just doing that should be enough.
(Aug. 15, 2011  2:29 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: If you see someone just say the "usual" welcome, tell them to add more content to the posts or that you'll have to report them.
EDIT: Derp that's wut Sparta said. :V

Haha, don't worry I do that a lot Wink
I'm ok with Dei at 100%... We can considerate the all welcome posts into "spam" and I think we should think about a system that would count all the posts of each member writes in the "Introduce Yourself" so that it does not raise the quota of members uselessly ...

I personally do not care a bit about the company and the face but what bothers me most is people who use this kind of threads to set up their ratio faster to have the face faster than the others ...

It's really about what we have to find a solution that does not bother anyone, but that is only there to limit abuse.
In my opinion, just saying "welcome to the wbo" is like a one word reply. They should add a comment with it to make it sound more welcoming. Like, if a person had a username called "Ilovebasketball" then a member can say "Welcome to the WBO, I see that you like basketball, what position do you play? I play point guard" I say, only users who acctually mean what they post should get a post count. If they just slap on those banners, they won't earn any post count, even if they most 10 thousand of them.
I usually just copy paste this in:

Hello and welcome to the WBO! I hope you have a great time here.

Please read this (trust me, it helps).
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-How-To-M...to-the-WBO

/Zephyr/ Wrote:It's dangerous to go alone, take this.

Then give a more personal comment here.
I completly agree with Deikailo, in that most of the posters just post "Welcome to the WBO", which isn't very welcoming.
...I kinda feel on the fence about that, /Zephyr/. What I don't like is copy and pasting. It's great to welcome members, but I don't think they like it when they see that you've posted the same exact thing on everyone's page. It would discourage me and make me feel just like everyone else, and not an individual member. Even if what you say is stupid, it's important that no two messages are alike, because no two members are alike. See what I'm saying?
Okay, that excessive 'Welcome to WBO' post Blast has been doing is god damn ridiculous.
I looked at the 'new posts' and I see a page filled all from the same forum all from the same user. Blast.
TBH I think there should be a warning for that kind of innate idiocy.
Report it/them ...
Oh, and there's a smiley list in the sidebar of the full reply page, /zephyr/, so that's rather unnecessary.

As much as I like my thread being shared, you need to read and reply to each intro individually, as does everyone...
i'm damn sure a spam bot posting about online poker in the intro forum would get more replies saying "WeLcOmE tO wBo !1!1!" in some over flashy super saturated 300x600 carp banner than an actual human.
Not really, but they'd get a roughly equal number of replies for sure. I've seen very similar things happen actually.
Something I've seen:

OP: Hey! I need help making my Poison Serpent better, can anyone halps meh?

Reply: WALCUM TOO DAH DUBBAYOO BEEE OH!

Incoming train for Banland. Reported him.
What about a welcome comitee ? A group of people to introduce people with perosonal comments and answer any questions.
(Sep. 16, 2011  4:47 PM)Poseidon Wrote: What about a welcome comitee ? A group of people to introduce people with perosonal comments and answer any questions.

ah yeah, what you're looking for is called a "community"