Sports Random Thoughts/Discussion

That sucks. Im not one of those people who choose to look too athletic, haha. And I rather not demonstrate

I had track practice today. Teammates were talking smack about other people like “Why the hell is she here?”, “She runs slow”, and other stuff (Its probably a school sport tradition. Maybe they will be nicer to their teammates later on?)
(Aug. 30, 2019  1:08 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: That sucks. Im not one of those people who choose to look too athletic, haha. And I rather not demonstrate

I had track practice today. Teammates were talking smack about other people like “Why the hell is she here?”, “She runs slow”, and other stuff (Its probably a school sport tradition. Maybe they will be nicer to their teammates later on?)
In tennis camp during summer some kid got in trouble because he didn’t want to be with a certain kid that he thought was bad at tennis.
Sighs. Some people should realize that, sometimes a sports team is a freaking TEAM or CAMP and that everyone is in on everything. This isnt a PE class where everyone is an official idiot and can compare one another

Speaking of tennis, I dont like tennis. Theres a legit stereotype at my school where tennis players are cocky... and its true. Not to mention, tennis conditions a lot. Im not into running 2 miles everyday WITHOUT playing tennis
I used to play table tennis during my elementary years as Physical Education classes. Was able to be a good player in my college varsity team, but I didn't have enough competitive drive nor adaptation that made my coach not pick me in the team draft (aka just a bench-warmer). I played a bit more after quitting the team and focusing on academics. It's been almost 4 years, and I really can't find nearby players to challenge.

I just realized that there is a similarity between hard launching Beyblades with a lateral position grip (as opposed to gun-style grip) and doing a backhand reverse curve ball serve in table tennis.
(Aug. 30, 2019  1:48 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Sighs. Some people should realize that, sometimes a sports team is a freaking TEAM or CAMP and that everyone is in on everything. This isnt a PE class where everyone is an official idiot and can compare one another

Speaking of tennis, I dont like tennis. Theres a legit stereotype at my school where tennis players are cocky... and its true. Not to mention, tennis conditions a lot. Im not into running 2 miles everyday WITHOUT playing tennis
I like it, but only because I’m actually sorta good at a sport for once. Also, for tennis, we just run 4 laps around a tennis court.
I used to do basketball, but I got too old to play at the church that hosted it. I'm now into karting, but I don't know if that counts.
I play beyblade... Okay, jk. But I do take martial arts.
Sports are pretty whack and hard to choose from at my school. Most of the good sports like tennis and basketball hsve waaaaaaay too many conditioning practices, to the point you cant do anything with the sport (sans end-of-the-year freeplay and competing with other schools). And, well, some sports dont take lightly to newcomers at first
I guess we count beyblade as a sport? XD

Same with Band. Im in a marching band. As a matter of fact were marching tomorrow at Bowers Stadium.
(Aug. 30, 2019  4:17 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: I play beyblade... Okay, jk. But I do take martial arts.
Me too. What kind of martial arts do you do? I do Tang Soo Doo.
Btw my school has a football game. Their suiting up for their first football game. Wish em luck!
Were gonna beat Willis!
I vented to a friend about track because I was miserable. I felt like my track team might ot like me, because Im slower than them and theyre super duper fast. While theyre looking to to sprints, I am hoping to do jumps and other field events. Maybe its no biggie because she said most newcomers feel like that
Today was my second day of cross country and my legs are dead right now. We literally have 4 practices a week.
(Sep. 04, 2019  10:52 PM)Dash Driver Wrote: Today was my second day of cross country and my legs are dead right now. We literally have 4 practices a week.

Haha if you make the team like neither of us will
I had track practice today, and now my opinion on the team is a lot better. The captain and other people who lead us in the practice are funny and tricksters. Cant tell how many times I almost ran a 100 yd. when a friend did the classic “Ready, Set...” prank. Cooldowns are the best because everyone comes together and not just talk to their friends
I play soccer and made the team 3 years in a row. Also do sprinting in primary school lol i'm younger. Nearly went to district but came 4th Unhappy. Also do a bit of jujitsu and do a lot of swimming.
Im not sure what is wrong with me lol

When I was in elementary/primary school, I was the slow kid who was salty and HATED running

Now Im in track
(Aug. 30, 2019  1:48 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Speaking of tennis, I dont like tennis. Theres a legit stereotype at my school where tennis players are cocky... and its true. Not to mention, tennis conditions a lot. Im not into running 2 miles everyday WITHOUT playing tennis

It might be funny coming from a boxer, but I'm scared of tennis. X) I constantly fear that a ball coming from nowhere will smack me right in the face or the eye. At least punches you know where they're coming from! I used to have some tennis classes and it happened to a girl. She received a ball in the eye. This event probably traumatized me more than her. She was not severely injured, thank God.

Edit: Honorable mention to baseball for also being scary as heck. You're supposed to stay cool and hit back a ball coming at you at like 90km/h. A baseball bat not held properly is also great for causing serious injuries to yourself or someone nearby.
(Sep. 05, 2019  3:31 AM)Morc Wrote:
(Aug. 30, 2019  1:48 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Speaking of tennis, I dont like tennis. Theres a legit stereotype at my school where tennis players are cocky... and its true. Not to mention, tennis conditions a lot. Im not into running 2 miles everyday WITHOUT playing tennis

It might be funny coming from a boxer, but I'm scared of tennis. X) I constantly fear that a ball coming from nowhere will smack me right in the face or the eye.  At least punches you know where they're coming from! I used to have some tennis classes and it happened to a girl. She received a ball in the eye. This event probably traumatized me more than her. She was not severely injured, thank God.

Edit: Honorable mention to baseball for also being scary as heck. You're supposed to stay cool and hit back a ball coming at you at like 90km/h. A baseball bat not held properly is also great for causing serious injuries to yourself or someone nearby.

Tennis is super duper dangerous, and I agree. People at my school are getting sprained ankles and ball-related injuries. And the fact that tennis people are conditioning too much at my school doesnt even help. Its tough with tennis
Sorry for posting on an old thread, but I like this thread. I found a new place to play basketball!
(Oct. 18, 2019  12:43 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: Sorry for posting on an old thread, but I like this thread. I found a new place to play basketball!

Basketball is really fun!! I like basketball too, but Im not as good as the athletes who play for the sport at school. Its still a fun thing to do whenever Im visiting a friend’s place, though!

Glad you found a new place!
(Oct. 18, 2019  2:48 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2019  12:43 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: Sorry for posting on an old thread, but I like this thread. I found a new place to play basketball!

Basketball is really fun!! I like basketball too, but Im not as good as the athletes who play for the sport at school. Its still a fun thing to do whenever Im visiting a friend’s place, though!

Glad you found a new place!

Thanks! Yeah, I'm not the best either, but I still make an effort. I go for team assessments October 24.
Hey guys. Which sports team at your school is known for having the most weirdest and immature people?
(Oct. 19, 2019  1:53 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Hey guys. Which sports team at your school is known for having the most weirdest and immature people?

This probably doesn't really count, but in third grade, a lot of the kids thought running around the school was a sport. They were pretty weird IMO.
(Oct. 19, 2019  1:57 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2019  1:53 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Hey guys. Which sports team at your school is known for having the most weirdest and immature people?

This probably doesn't really count, but in third grade, a lot of the kids thought running around the school was a sport. They were pretty weird IMO.

Wow, they sound very much suited to be cross country kids or track kids. Running laps around the school seems normal, but if theyre running like playing chase or without any particular route, then yikes. Very weird