[Silver Spring, MD, USA] September 18, 2011 - Better than School!

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Hi everyone! This is the official thread for Better than School! - a tournament in Maryland and DC's most popular Beyblade spot (Martin Luther King Jr. Park) on Sunday, September 18.

Map of MLK Park
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1098+Jacks...urce=embed

Location: The closest address to put in your GPS is 1098 Jackson Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20904, but be sure to look at the map above for the actual location of the tournament which will be beside the pavilion (just above the basketball courts)
Start time: Shortly after Noon
Format: Block round robin (This may change depending on actual number of attendees)
Surface: Grass!
Fees: Standard WBO fees ($5 entry fee or free with a Blader Passport)
Prizes: There will be two Random Booster 8's in the prize pool , along with Fang Leone. 1st place picks first prize from the pool, 2nd place gets to pick second, etc. etc. Also... a small surprise gift for all bladers!

Please post to this thread if you plan to make it!

Confirmed attendees:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. Technologic (formerly War)
  4. ®
  5. Galaxy4ever
  6. beybladewrecker
  7. Katsuya
  8. nerfblader721
  9. hellkerbex900
  10. Breaker
  11. Ryugablader
  12. Flame
  13. Bigbang4ever
  14. othellog
  15. Go Hell Kerbecs (formerly Go Sagittario)
  16. burning infinty (formerly burning inpact)
  17. night wing 247
  18. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
  19. Kenta22
  20. TheCaptainDiego
  21. Furydragoon
  22. Rockleone500
  23. BillyBlast
  24. meteobang
  25. XBlader0
  26. Pure
  27. geetster99
  28. WISE LEONE
  29. bbamsuv
  30. Tsuyoshi 244
  31. Fiege
  32. ZCBlader
  33. HKerbecs76
  34. subham123
  35. Cool Blader
  36. TheLinkBeyblade
Hope to see you all there!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Sep. 04, 2011  2:15 PM)Kenta22 Wrote: i believe i can go

Then I believe that I will put you on the list!
(Sep. 04, 2011  3:26 PM)beybladewrecker Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2011  4:40 AM)drakio Wrote: why don't you just make a separate thread for it or have them pm you.
because I really am really not that great with paypal stuff

You don't have to use paypal, state in your post that you will do transactions in cash at the tournament site. Let me ask Kai-V for some guidance here and will reply to this thread with the results of that conversation.
Kai-V says not to create a separate thread for selling/trading You can post that you have things to sell at the tournament, but inquiries and transactions must be done over PM.

If you have further questions, please PM me.
so do we know if its double elimination yet, the list is really long.
(Sep. 04, 2011  9:26 PM)drakio Wrote: so do we know if its double elimination yet, the list is really long.

Not yet, and actually I won't be able to determine the format until the day of the tournament after everyone has registered. Sooooooo, the answer will always be "not yet", soooooo let us all take a solemn vow not to ask again, OK? Thanks! Smile

Plus, having more bladers active in MD means that we are getting close to a point where we will always have enough people to have a tournament - or even 2 tournaments.

For instance, the next tournament I host (#4 for me) we might have an open tournament that gets like 30 people in double elimination, but then we might also have a tournament afterwards for the hardcore bladers that could be restricted to 12 or 16 or something to guarantee a block round robin (or full round robin if it's smaller).

So the more bladers we have, the more options we have, and the more tournaments we can have! Sound good?
Im soo excited for the tournament Grin
i will be their
i will be there i meant
yeah that sounds awesome arupaeo. Do you think that if we get a lot of blader we could be a chosen state to have the Hasbro regional?
(Sep. 05, 2011  1:54 AM)drakio Wrote: yeah that sounds awesome arupaeo. Do you think that if we get a lot of blader we could be a chosen state to have the Hasbro regional?

Probably not this year. But if MD were to become a huge blading nexus in the US I can't imagine that that would escape Hasbro's attention. So rally the troops, and let's get 1,000 people out for October! Grin

(Sep. 05, 2011  1:53 AM)Furydragoon Wrote: i will be there

Great, and good to see you again! Got you on the list.
I would not imagine how many attack stadium we would need D: if we have 1,000 bladers
I love the idea but lets get bigger Like wbo World tourny or regional Usa tourny point is 1 representative for each state but anyways back to the topic the idea of a 1000 participants is great
You guys are some big thinkers!
And even if we caught Hasbro's attention for like a BIG MD thing, we would be stuck with the Hasbro stadiums.
I guess you win some, and you lose some. :[
(Sep. 05, 2011  6:47 AM)Technologic Wrote: You guys are some big thinkers!
And even if we caught Hasbro's attention for like a BIG MD thing, we would be stuck with the Hasbro stadiums.
I guess you win some, and you lose some. :[

Yeah that might happen or maybe we could just have our tournament hosters in md be the host and hasbro just supports it and advertises like what toywiz did.
(Sep. 05, 2011  4:34 AM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2011  1:54 AM)drakio Wrote: yeah that sounds awesome arupaeo. Do you think that if we get a lot of blader we could be a chosen state to have the Hasbro regional?

Probably not this year. But if MD were to become a huge blading nexus in the US I can't imagine that that would escape Hasbro's attention. So rally the troops, and let's get 1,000 people out for October! Grin

(Sep. 05, 2011  1:53 AM)Furydragoon Wrote: i will be there

Great, and good to see you again! Got you on the list.

but how would we get hasbro's attention, they are not on the wbo, so how would they know, would we have to record our tourny on you tube and hope it gets a lot of view to show how many people there are in md that play beyblades.
Hasbro knows about us and they do not care about us.
I am interested in taking part in this tournament. Please let me know I what I need to do to register. Thanks!
Basalt
(Sep. 05, 2011  6:03 PM)Basalt Wrote: I am interested in taking part in this tournament. Please let me know I what I need to do to register. Thanks!
Basalt

You've done the first part, which is reply to this thread stating that you are coming. All that you have to do now is show up around 11am on tournament day, and bring $5 for a single registration or $10 for a blader passport which gives you free tournaments for the year!
I'm Confirmed for now
EDIT: WISE LEONE might be coming to (My Friend0 I feel Strong about him coming my borhter Bluejay might participate however I feel weak on that one
(Sep. 05, 2011  9:40 PM)BillyBlast Wrote: I'm Confirmed for now

Hot Dam! (of the beaver variety i am sure)

Glad to hear it Billy, see you there!
i coming
cant wait to beat u all at the tournament

WD 6.00
MS 2.00
JB 3.00
LW105 4.00
posion 3.00
RF 7.00
bull EGR X2 5.00
Virgro EGR 3.00
SF PT 2.00
raisen prices
People with reserve have 1.50 Dollars since you reserved your prices stay near the same
PM ME Do not post reserve in this thread
(Sep. 07, 2011  10:37 PM)XBlader0 Wrote: i coming
cant wait to beat u all at the tournament

I'm glad you're fired up for the tournament, and hope to see you there!

On another topic

I've been doing some planning for the tournament, and think that this is going to be a great time for everyone! Hopefully the weather cooperates and we have a dry day on the grass without too much sun. (I know I'm asking for a lot)

Speaking of the weather, I will be hosting a tournamentNat MLK park In October - and it might be our last tournament outside until spring. I just started a new job in Rockville, so I should have plenty of opportunity to connect with Galaxy4ever's contact at the game shop there. In the mean time, please feel free to make suggestions for other potential indoor venues for us to explore as we begin to enter the wet/snowmaggedon season! Thanks!
i would come but i need a ride
(Sep. 08, 2011  3:16 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: Speaking of the weather, I will be hosting a tournamentNat MLK park In October - and it might be our last tournament outside until spring. I just started a new job in Rockville, so I should have plenty of opportunity to connect with Galaxy4ever's contact at the game shop there. In the mean time, please feel free to make suggestions for other potential indoor venues for us to explore as we begin to enter the wet/snowmaggedon season! Thanks!
Well i haven't heard anything at Dream Wizard so I might have to let myself go in dream wizard and talk to the manger directly...

(Sep. 09, 2011  12:46 AM)Galaxy4ever Wrote:
(Sep. 08, 2011  3:16 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: Speaking of the weather, I will be hosting a tournamentNat MLK park In October - and it might be our last tournament outside until spring. I just started a new job in Rockville, so I should have plenty of opportunity to connect with Galaxy4ever's contact at the game shop there. In the mean time, please feel free to make suggestions for other potential indoor venues for us to explore as we begin to enter the wet/snowmaggedon season! Thanks!
Well i haven't heard anything at Dream Wizard so I might have to let myself go in dream wizard and talk to the manger directly...
i checked the sites it didnt say anything about the tourny
(Sep. 05, 2011  4:29 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Hasbro knows about us and they do not care about us.

thats weird you would think that a company should focus on satisfy its main consumers then its other ones.
@Rotation

1. Arupaeo[MD Reprensentative]
2.Otsu[MD Reprensentative]
3.Othellog[VA Reprensentative]
4.Aimi8[MD Reprensentative]
5.Galaxy4Ever[MD Reprensentative]
6.®[MD Reprensentative]
7.Breaker[MD Reprensentative]
8.CoolBlader[MD Reprensentative]
9.Yujay9[MD Reprensentative]
10.Nightvirgo[VA Reprensentative]
11.BillyBlast[MD Reprensentative]
12.beybladewrecker[MD Reprensentative]
13.Pure[MD Reprensentative]

It should be [VA Beyblade Legend]
lol

I can't believe Otsu's not coming... Unhappy
I have played him in a while and I need to snipe him back!