[Silver Spring, MD, USA] September 18, 2011 - Better than School!

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Hi everyone! This is the official thread for Better than School! - a tournament in Maryland and DC's most popular Beyblade spot (Martin Luther King Jr. Park) on Sunday, September 18.

Map of MLK Park
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1098+Jacks...urce=embed

Location: The closest address to put in your GPS is 1098 Jackson Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20904, but be sure to look at the map above for the actual location of the tournament which will be beside the pavilion (just above the basketball courts)
Start time: Shortly after Noon
Format: Block round robin (This may change depending on actual number of attendees)
Surface: Grass!
Fees: Standard WBO fees ($5 entry fee or free with a Blader Passport)
Prizes: There will be two Random Booster 8's in the prize pool , along with Fang Leone. 1st place picks first prize from the pool, 2nd place gets to pick second, etc. etc. Also... a small surprise gift for all bladers!

Please post to this thread if you plan to make it!

Confirmed attendees:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. Technologic (formerly War)
  4. ®
  5. Galaxy4ever
  6. beybladewrecker
  7. Katsuya
  8. nerfblader721
  9. hellkerbex900
  10. Breaker
  11. Ryugablader
  12. Flame
  13. Bigbang4ever
  14. othellog
  15. Go Hell Kerbecs (formerly Go Sagittario)
  16. burning infinty (formerly burning inpact)
  17. night wing 247
  18. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
  19. Kenta22
  20. TheCaptainDiego
  21. Furydragoon
  22. Rockleone500
  23. BillyBlast
  24. meteobang
  25. XBlader0
  26. Pure
  27. geetster99
  28. WISE LEONE
  29. bbamsuv
  30. Tsuyoshi 244
  31. Fiege
  32. ZCBlader
  33. HKerbecs76
  34. subham123
  35. Cool Blader
  36. TheLinkBeyblade
Hope to see you all there!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

It should've been kept a secret lol. Otherwise Kai V said keep your tough talk in PMs or yourself. Since you showed off your new bey. People probably coming up with counters for it. So just shhh :> and surprise them. Its quite fun to surprise.
(Sep. 03, 2011  3:02 PM)® Wrote: It should've been kept a secret lol. Otherwise Kai V said keep your tought talk in PMs or yourself. Since you showed off your new bey. People probably coming up with counters for it. So just shhh :> and surprise them. Its quite fun to surprise.

Did I say it was my best bey? No, I didn't
No? I was just saying keep things to your self. I never said anything about your best bey. That's all I was saying. Tongue_out
is any one selling basalt
alright I am certain that I can go now, see you guys there
i am gona win at least 3rd if not 2nd or 1st
^ Not if you keep using the same spin-steal combo you won't xD JK

I'll try to make it to this one, but who knows? It is a mystery
I even got some new parts, but it's not like I'd tell right now *coughcoughbbmsuvcough*
(Sep. 03, 2011  3:52 PM)drakio Wrote: alright I am certain that I can go now, see you guys there

Great! We'll see you there!

(Sep. 03, 2011  9:51 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: I'll try to make it to this one, but who knows? It is a mystery

That's good enough for me, you're going on the list!
is any one selling basalt, bd145, mf-h, rb, or rs.
i might be selling a hasbro limeted edition meteo l drago Brand new
(Sep. 03, 2011  11:35 PM)nerfblader721 Wrote: is any one selling basalt, bd145, mf-h, rb, or rs.

At the tournament I'm selling MF-H (2 left), a TakaraTomy BB-10 stadium (1 left), some loose (new in bags) TT beys, and random booster 8's (10 left). PM me for more details.
aww man I wish that I had some of my money back, I really need a Japanese stadium. how much are they arupeo I think I have 30 or 35
(Sep. 04, 2011  12:25 AM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2011  11:35 PM)nerfblader721 Wrote: is any one selling basalt, bd145, mf-h, rb, or rs.

At the tournament I'm selling MF-H (2 left), a TakaraTomy BB-10 stadium (1 left), some loose (new in bags) TT beys, and random booster 8's (10 left). PM me for more details.

PM'ed.
can you reserve the mf-h for me
srry about starting reserve spots on this forum arupaeo
why don't you just make a separate thread for it or have them pm you.
You guys better not forget I'm coming.....
(Sep. 04, 2011  4:48 AM)othellog Wrote: You guys better not forget I'm coming.....

what are you missing the spot light HMMM....

(Sep. 04, 2011  4:53 AM)beybladewrecker Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2011  4:48 AM)othellog Wrote: You guys better not forget I'm coming.....

what are you missing the spot light HMMM....
By the time I get there half of you will be scared of me, lol.
I'm just getting in your head,
for now.....
Uhm i just realized it said grass, as the surface? im confuzzzed.
oh god run for your life, I am throwing in the towel. hahah I am just joking I hope I face you but you'll beat me.
(Sep. 04, 2011  3:11 AM)beybladewrecker Wrote: srry about starting reserve spots on this forum arupaeo

Thanks for acknowledging that. Its OK to make a single post to let our fellow competitors know that we will have stuff to sell/trade at the tourney, but these sorts of things should only be discussed in detail via PM or a separate thread.
(Sep. 04, 2011  6:36 AM)TheCaptainDiego Wrote: Uhm i just realized it said grass, as the surface? im confuzzzed.

No worries. That means that we will put the tournament stadiums on grass (if it's not wet) rather than on concrete which can damage tips when beys get knocked out.
(Sep. 04, 2011  4:40 AM)drakio Wrote: why don't you just make a separate thread for it or have them pm you.
because I really am really not that great with paypal stuff