[Silver Spring, MD, USA] October 16, 2011 - The Dual Duel

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Hi everyone! This is the official thread for The Dual Duel - 2011's last outdoor tournament in Martin Luther King Jr. Park - on Sunday, October 16. (We will move indoors beginning in November)

Map of MLK Park
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1098+Jacks...urce=embed

Location: The closest address to put in your GPS is 1098 Jackson Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20904, but be sure to look at the map above for the actual location of the tournament which will be beside the pavilion (just above the basketball courts)
Start time: Noon-thirty Wink
Format: 2 Block Round Robin tournaments in BB-10 attack stadiums, to occur simultaneously or sequentially depending on number of attendees (NO double elimination!)
Surface: Grass!
Fees: Standard WBO fees ($5 entry fee or free with a Blader Passport)
Prizes: Pool of (1) Random Booster v8 and (2) Random Booster v7s
1st place gets first pick plus a MF-H (NIB)
2nd place gets second pick
3rd place gets third pick

Please post to this thread if you plan to make it!

Confirmed attendees:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. Technologic (formerly +۩l-ln0loG!c)
  4. BillyBlast
  5. Galaxy4ever
  6. ®
  7. nerfblader721
  8. Breaker
  9. MetalZoroark21
  10. Ryugablader
  11. Thesayainblader (formerly beybladewrecker)
  12. B.L.I.T.Z.
  13. XBlader0
  14. HKerbecs76
  15. Bigbang4ever
  16. Cool Blader
  17. TheCaptainDiego
  18. Go Hell Kerbecs
  19. Ndog888
  20. drakio
  21. DAJ
  22. beystarr
  23. beycannon
  24. SonikkuBey
  25. Katsuya
  26. beydoc123450
  27. geetster99
  28. TheLinkBeyblade

UPDATE

Here are the official results...

The Dual Duel 1
1st place: MetalZoroark21
2nd place: Arupaeo
3rd place: B.L.I.T.Z.
4th place: Tie - nerfblader721 and Doom24

The Dual Duel 2
1st place: Arupaeo
2nd place: Breaker
3rd place: Bigbang4ever
4th place: Cool Blader

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Oct. 22, 2011  8:16 PM)Galaxy4ever Wrote: Guys I Found a Pegasus in my box and i claim it not mine

... I Believe its mine, cause when I got back from maryland I couldn't find my Pegasus...
(Oct. 23, 2011  12:18 AM)MetalZoroark21 Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2011  8:16 PM)Galaxy4ever Wrote: Guys I Found a Pegasus in my box and i claim it not mine

... I Believe its mine, cause when I got back from maryland I couldn't find my Pegasus...
Haha "Oh Hi MZ Pegasus how you do" Pegasus says " Did you Kidnap me???????"

(Oct. 23, 2011  2:02 AM)Galaxy4ever Wrote:
(Oct. 23, 2011  12:18 AM)MetalZoroark21 Wrote:

Haha "Oh Hi MZ Pegasus how you do" Pegasus says " Did you Kidnap me???????"
Lol Try not to lose it before the next tournament.

night wing 247 is in and that prize is mine so be ready to lose
(Oct. 23, 2011  3:59 PM)night wing 247 Wrote: night wing 247 is in and that prize is mine so be ready to lose

The tournament is already over lol
(Oct. 23, 2011  4:01 PM)MetalZoroark21 Wrote:
(Oct. 23, 2011  3:59 PM)night wing 247 Wrote: night wing 247 is in and that prize is mine so be ready to lose

The tournament is already over lol

Not to fear though, you have more chances to compete soon!

The next tournament I will host is going to be on either Nov 19th or 20th, and Galaxy4ever is trying to get something going for the 5th.
Yah for his birthday Nov 6th Grin at the back of his house I think..? You guys should support him!
November Tournament Update

Hi everyone. I have a proposal in for the November tournament which when approved will be held Saturday, November 19th at MLK park. I have been trying to find an indoor venue (and I will find one) but as of now we will still be outside at MLK park.

Once the proposal is approved I will post the thread location here.

Talk to you soon!

Arupaeo

16? you meant 19th?
(Oct. 27, 2011  4:19 PM)Galaxy4ever Wrote: 16? you meant 19th?

LOL

Yes I meant the 19th, thanks. I don't think we would get too many bladers at a tournament held in the middle of the day on a Wednesday! Wink
(Oct. 27, 2011  4:38 PM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2011  4:19 PM)Galaxy4ever Wrote: 16? you meant 19th?

LOL

Yes I meant the 19th, thanks. I don't think we would get too many bladers at a tournament held in the middle of the day on a Wednesday! Wink
arupaeo u should try to host a tournament at a toysrus or something
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I'm getting ready to put in an order for the November tournament, so if there is something you want to buy and you haven't already contacted me, please send me a PM.

And yes, I am hopeful that the new tournament will be approved this week so we can get the new thread up and start talking there!
Can't wait for the next one, I hope I can come.
November Tournament Update

The Novem-Brrr Brawl is on!

The November tournament has been approved and can be found here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Silver-S...Brrr-Brawl

Come one, come all, let's start a brawl! Smile Yeah, its a bad pun but its late at night...
Hi everyone,

The Dual Duel 1 & 2 have now been processed, and all Faces and credits have been awarded!

Congratulations!