[Silver Spring, MD] 6/30/12 - The Solstice Scimitar

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

The Solstice Scimitar

Hi everyone! This is the official thread for The Solstice Scimitar - being held in the Mid-Atlantic's favorite Beyblade venue, Martin Luther King Jr. Park - on Saturday, June 30 in Silver Spring, MD. Yes, I know that it's actually 10 days after the summer solstice - but it's pretty close! Smile

*Please note that this is a standard MFB tournament that will be played in BB-10 Stadiums.

Metal Fight Beyblade ZERO-G products are now legal for use in officially sanctioned WBO tournaments! Synchrom too! So bring your Ifraids, Saramandas, Pirates and Revizers, and keep the metagame moving forward!

I will have all of the Zero-G products for sale at the tournament as well as having at least 1 Zero-G attack stadium and 1 Zero-G Defense stadium out and available for people to try out! Its the wave of the future, so get ready for Zero-G!!!

Location: Map of MLK Park The closest address to put in your GPS is 1098 Jackson Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20904, but be sure to look at the satellite view of the map above for the actual location of the tournament which will be beside the pavilion (just above the basketball courts)
Start time: Noon-thirty Wink
Format: TBD depending on number of bladers
Surface: Grass!
Fees: Standard WBO fees ($5 entry fee or free with a Blader Passport)
Prizes: Zero-G beys and gear (TBD)

Please post to this thread if you plan to make it!

Confirmed attendees:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. Galaxy4Stars
  4. Tech
  5. J o n
  6. SonikkuBey
  7. Laseryon
  8. geetster99
  9. night wing 247
  10. beymaster15963
  11. ElderBow
  12. Blader Stefan
  13. AquarioBeafowl
  14. k82700
  15. aj_the_elite
  16. Katsuya
  17. BlackDeath59
  18. Sovereign

Call me Maybe's
  1. Carly Rae Jepsen - no longer CRJ, and no longer for real Unhappy
  2. Ryugablader
  3. Black Wing
  4. Flame Aries
  5. Ginga Blader#1
  6. BeyDestroyer21
  7. legendblader01
  8. Zoombeyblade
  9. SamanthaD.
  10. DrPepsidew
  11. Kaboom!!!
  12. TheGreatFico
  13. tysonist
  14. AquilaOrion

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Hehe, hear that guys? No excuse for redoing a round because of heat exhaustion! XP
im still going at least its humid
Ok, Unfortuneatly I'm Not Going. You Should Cancel It Becasuse The News Said That Over Half MC's Traffic Lights Are Off.
I'm not canceling anything, so please stop suggesting that.
(Jun. 30, 2012  1:57 PM)AquilaOrion Wrote: Ok, Unfortuneatly I'm Not Going. You Should Cancel It Becasuse The News Said That Over Half MC's Traffic Lights Are Off.

why we have traffic guards
Bladers gotta blade!
anyways anyone got yu gi oh cards id like too duel
Aj I'll take you up on that offer :p
(Jun. 30, 2012  2:08 PM)aj_the_elite Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2012  1:57 PM)AquilaOrion Wrote: Ok, Unfortuneatly I'm Not Going. You Should Cancel It Becasuse The News Said That Over Half MC's Traffic Lights Are Off.

why we have traffic guards
Bladers gotta blade!
anyways anyone got yu gi oh cards id like too duel

I wish you asked that earlier because I could have brought my chaos dragon deck. Im glad to here that it wasnt cancelled though.
What are we doing between noon and noon-thirty?
playing free play getting beys ready thats what i do at least but u can do what ever
K, thanks. Bye guys, see u all at the tourney in an hour!
I'm coming for sure but it seems I will be a tad late...

My Mom Said Yes! Yessss! I'll Be There By 12:40
EDIT: Sorry For The Rudeness Arupaeo.
Good job everyone. Looking forward to the next tourney. Im already making plans. XD
Today was a great day for a tournament. The weather was not unbearable, and Arupaeo was nice enough to provide everyone with free drinks.
Arupaeo had the perfect mix of efficiency, and kindheartedness. So as a result the tournament was ran very smoothly. Thank you to all the judges that also made this event go nicely. Thanks for selling the newest Beys at a great price, and for providing prize support.
Highly recommend Arupaeo's tournaments to anyone thats in the area, and am very much looking forward to next month.
Jus wondering, do you know when our scores will be up?
About 2-3 weeks. Nice job today, bro!
Thanks! I think I will get a good score since that was my first tournament and I got second place.
Hi everyone! Despite a massive power outage in the MD/DC/VA area, 25 brave Bladers struggled to cross hundreds of intersections without functioning traffic lights to test their mettle at The Solstice Scimitar!

Thank you all for your commitment and effort to keep the tournament alive!

Here are the official results from the Finals...

1st place: Arupaeo
2nd place: ElderBow
3rd place: Sovereign
4th place: DrPepsiDew

The next tournament is going to be on Sunday July 22, so mark your calendars and keep your eyes peeled for the official thread which should go up sometime early next week!

See you then!

Arupaeo
Good Job Elderbow and Sovereign. Sad Tech didn't get up there. Sorry I was unable to attend. I can most likely come tyo July and August. I'm prepared Wink
I came, but was too late to late to battle. But I met Tech personally:

Tech:"Oh, you're him? Wow".XD
Me:"Yep".

XD

I also saw ElderBow dominate, getting the same record as Aru. I aslo met EB and Sovereign.
Both great guys.

I also bought MSFs and Launcher Rubbers from Aru.

Great tourney, even though I didn't participate. XD
I almost bought those launcher rubbers. I have no patient when it comes to waiting for eBay items, but they should be in soon.

I personally did not think I would even place. It was my first tourney. To get second on my first one should have definitely racked me up some points. I will beat you next time Arupaeo!

Meeting all of you in person was interesting. It always is when you see he person behind the name.

Thank you Arupaeo fOr hosting such a wonderful tournament and thanks you all bladers for participating. Good job, and good luck next time!

Edit: And thanks Ginga Blader #1 for helping me pick out my first place prize.
tpday was awesome! i placed 4th and played some great bladers, i need new equipment though, and new wheels... ripcord launcher >.> but i had tons of fun, and ill try and make it to new touraments t come Grin
You did great! You were undefeated until I beat you xD.

I just found out my new string launcher came in while we were at the tournament.
Good tourney today!

May not compete in the next couple of tourneys but when I come back I'll be better than ever!
ElderBow Wrote:And thanks Ginga Blader#1 for helping me pick out my first place prize.

No problem man!Eee You really did a great job! I was glad i could help.

It felt weird being there but not battling.

though I should be able to make it on July 22nd!