Showdown in Chi-Town

Oak Lawn, Illinois
Tournament Results
Oak Meadows
99th and 51st ave
3:00 on 08/03/2019
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

The showdown between the best of the best is about to begin! Bring your best beyblades and burst your way to the top! We will be at the Oak Meadows park in Oak Lawn, Illinois. We will be either near the playground or around the basketball court.

THERE WILL BE AN UNRANKED 2v2 TOURNAMENT AFTERWARD. No sign up, just come!

Waitlist

Infinity - Z 
AirKingNeo 
Jonathan53332

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jul. 08, 2019  8:24 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 08, 2019  8:13 PM)Cheerfulgrizly Wrote: Wish I can join just 3 hours away but all slots are only if you could add one more

You should record

You can still come for the 2v2 tournament as well as free play. And I will record!

Sounds interesting that 2v2 would be the side event (considering 2v2 is kinda hard to do in Burst), but I think casual and fun formats are great for side events. Some of my friends and I are working on an idea for a casual format that could work for a side event, but it requires a lot of testing because we don't want anything breaking the format.

But finally, a tournament scene in Illinois.
First tournament in Illinois I ever seen even though it already capped still showing up to watch and do some awesome battles good luck to everyone that joined and watch out cause I'm going to home my blading skills
(Jul. 13, 2019  10:32 PM)jonathan53332 Wrote: First tournament in Illinois I ever seen even though it already capped still showing up to watch and do some awesome battles good luck to everyone that joined and watch out cause I'm going to home my blading skills

Thanks for your support!
This is my first tornament !!!!!! Only thing is I'm still deciding on my combo. Unhappy
(Jul. 15, 2019  5:04 AM)Dark fafnir Wrote: This is my first tornament !!!!!! Only thing is I'm still deciding on my combo. Unhappy

What parts do you have?
(Jul. 15, 2019  5:04 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2019  5:04 AM)Dark fafnir Wrote: This is my first tornament !!!!!! Only thing is I'm still deciding on my combo. :(

What parts do you have?

I got cho z Achilles zwei longinus, guest fafnir, revive Phoenix, surge xcalius, and nightmare longinus.
(Jul. 16, 2019  5:41 PM)Dark fafnir Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2019  5:04 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: What parts do you have?

I got cho z Achilles zwei longinus, guest fafnir, revive Phoenix, surge xcalius, and nightmare longinus.

Oh wow! Looks like I'm not gonna win
Dude, my cousins got involved and they have cho z spiggan, maybe my other ordered venom diabolos.

But I dont know any good competitive combos to make out of those beys, so that's a downside
(Jul. 17, 2019  8:49 PM)Dark fafnir Wrote: Dude, my cousins got involved and they have cho z spiggan, maybe my other ordered venom diabolos.

But I dont know any good competitive combos to make out of those beys, so that's a downside

Use the "build me a deck" thread. They help me a lot

(Jul. 17, 2019  8:49 PM)Dark fafnir Wrote: Dude, my cousins got involved and they have cho z spiggan, maybe my other ordered venom diabolos.

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Build-me-a-Deck-2
(Jul. 17, 2019  9:38 PM)Dark fafnir Wrote: Wow theres a a thread like that?

Yep! Just ask and someone should get back to you.
A waitlist has been added. Pm me if you want to be in it
(Jul. 18, 2019  8:23 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: A waitlist has been added. Pm me if you want to be in it
Can you remove people from the confirmed list?
(Jul. 18, 2019  8:26 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2019  8:23 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: A waitlist has been added. Pm me if you want to be in it
Can you remove people from the confirmed list?

No, I actually can't .
(Jul. 18, 2019  8:33 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2019  8:26 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Can you remove people from the confirmed list?

No, I actually can't .

Okay then you might wanna PM someone who can because I don’t think Emperor 1 is coming. Check his profile.
(Jul. 18, 2019  9:49 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2019  8:33 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: No, I actually can't .

Okay then you might wanna PM someone who can because I don’t think Emperor 1 is coming. Check his profile
CheetoBlader it doesn't matter. If he doesn't come someone else will take his place.
Sorry I know this is sudden but I cant come anymore. In case you didn't get my message.

It's ok. Maybe later there will be a new tornament in Illinois.
(Jul. 20, 2019  8:43 PM)Dark fafnir Wrote: Sorry I know this is sudden but I cant come anymore. In case you didn't get my message.

I will be hosting more in the future so don't worry.
(Jul. 20, 2019  9:00 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 20, 2019  8:43 PM)Dark fafnir Wrote: Sorry I know this is sudden but I cant come anymore. In case you didn't get my message.

Ok. Thanks, I was hoping there would be more soon

(Jul. 20, 2019  9:00 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:

Ok. Thanks, I was hoping there would be more soon
Yo what up peoples, just checken in to see if the tourny still on?
Can you come and view this event if you are not a participant?
(Jul. 23, 2019  2:43 AM)AmazingNinjaBoy Wrote: Can you come and view this event if you are not a participant?

Yes, yes you can.
(Jul. 18, 2019  9:54 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2019  9:49 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Okay then you might wanna PM someone who can because I don’t think Emperor 1 is coming. Check his profile
CheetoBlader it doesn't matter. If he doesn't come someone else will take his place.

(Jul. 23, 2019  2:16 AM)DaKidsDad Wrote: Yo what up peoples, just checken in to see if the tourny still on?

Yes, it is