Should Every Nexus "Evolution" Be Considered A Different Part?

I was considering classifying each variation of Nexus (Base, +S, & +D) as a different part for my Blader's Kingdom tournament format; what do you think about this?
I think they’d be different. That would be like saying xceed’+z and zone’+z are different parts, which they are. While the gears are different they all contain the nexus disc. It’s like how you can’t have 0cross, 0expand, and 0glaive in 1 deck.
So this is a tricky one. Because in one aspect it’s like a disk frame that is able to go onto any of the disks that support frames, like 0, 00, 10, etc. and obviously you can’t use the disk as a repeating part and just put a different frame on it. You are still using that disk so it would be a repeating part, even though the frame potentially makes it preform differently. And in that aspect Nexus with either gear would be almost the same thing.

However, Nexus is technically the only DISK that can hold the S and D gears. (I don’t exactly count Almight because it’s technically a driver and not a disk.) So with it being the only disk that can hold either gear it gets shafted by the rule of no repeating parts. This is honestly one where I can see both sides and can side with either side. I can see where allowing both could be seen as unfair, because you are still repeating a part. And I can see where it would bring more options for people to use especially how we only have 6 DB disks from Takara Tomy. Granted since the Hasbro versions of the disks are lighter and have a whole different mold you could just make a rule where you can use 1 TT nexus with a gear and one hasbro nexus with the other gear.
(May. 06, 2022  11:27 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I think they’d be different. That would be like saying xceed’+z and zone’+z are different parts, which they are. While the gears are different they all contain the nexus disc. It’s like how you can’t have 0cross, 0expand, and 0glaive in 1 deck.

The main reason I'm considering this is because of the lack of disc variety in DB currently. It seems they have run out of ideas for discs so allowing each evolution to be considered different could be useful. I don't think the drive and older disc & frames need that same love since there are so many options available.

(May. 06, 2022  11:35 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: So this is a tricky one. Because in one aspect it’s like a disk frame that is able to go onto any of the disks that support frames, like 0, 00, 10, etc. and obviously you can’t use the disk as a repeating part and just put a different frame on it. You are still using that disk so it would be a repeating part, even though the frame potentially makes it preform differently. And in that aspect Nexus with either gear would be almost the same thing.

However, Nexus is technically the only DISK that can hold the S and D gears. (I don’t exactly count Almight because it’s technically a driver and not a disk.) So with it being the only disk that can hold either gear it gets shafted by the rule of no repeating parts. This is honestly one where I can see both sides and can side with either side. I can see where allowing both could be seen as unfair, because you are still repeating a part. And I can see where it would bring more options for people to use especially how we only have 6 DB disks from Takara Tomy. Granted since the Hasbro versions of the disks are lighter and have a whole different mold you could just make a rule where you can use 1 TT nexus with a gear and one hasbro nexus with the other gear.

Yeah it's a weird spot we're in with these limited disks but I'm looking at nexus as a regular driver and the gears as dash & metal variations at this point. The Hasbro & TT swap does sound like a solid middle point, I'd have to see how easy it is to tell the two apart.
I would see it as the same part solely for one reason. The disk is the same and although it can have different attachments so can Zone/Zone’ or Xceed/Xceed’ with the Z or X chip. Or even a Phoenix layer with the various armors, Dead, Revive, Perfect, Imperfect.

Now I know players won’t be as inclined to run multiple Phoenix combos from the outclassed Cho-Z era or even multiple Xceeds or Zones but it would be my argument if I wanted to go wild lol.

I do see what your saying though about the limited disk. Hopefully though TT will release more or maybe, just maybe, once we have the hiatus we can test some older parts and create something extremely unique. Overall I’d see nexus as one allowed part with or without D/S.
I agree with it being a different part with every gear because we have very limited amount of discs released in db so i think it might spice things up
We do not have a very limited amount of discs in DB. We have Giga, Karma, Legacy, Nexus, Over, and Tapered. These are the only discs that can be used on a low mode DB layer. However, you can use any disc on a high mode DB layer. And there are layer combinations that do well in high mode.

EDIT: I was wrong. You all act like there's only 6 low mode discs. But, there are many more. Have you considered... Hasbro?
[Image: PXL-20220508-002435669-MP.jpg]
Perhaps you should broaden your horizons. Sure, they don't weigh much, but they'll do the trick.

Nexus should not be granted an exemption from the multiple parts per deck rule.
(May. 08, 2022  1:19 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: We do not have a very limited amount of discs in DB. We have Giga, Karma, Legacy, Nexus, Over, and Tapered. These are the only discs that can be used on a low mode DB layer. However, you can use any disc on a high mode DB layer. And there are layer combinations that do well in high mode.

EDIT: I was wrong. You all act like there's only 6 low mode discs. But, there are many more. Have you considered... Hasbro?
[Image: PXL-20220508-002435669-MP.jpg]
Perhaps you should broaden your horizons. Sure, they don't weigh much, but they'll do the trick.

Nexus should not be granted an exemption from the multiple parts per deck rule.

Legacy and Karma are pretty awful, it really isn't a huge range for low mode stuff... Most decks are very much likely to run Ov, Gg and probably Nx+S or Tp. Still short one that has any actual reason to be used.

As for Hasbro discs, they're like 25g except for Tp-Q which we don't have specific clarification whether it can be used alongside Tapered or not. Be my guest but man... I wouldn't 😅

That said, I'm not sure Naked Nexus really helps that much, it's not amazing. Maybe +D would though. Honestly I just hope TT produce one or two more decent disks.

Edit: I should say, for 5 Beyblade formats, using wheel or a chassis isn't the worst thing in the world, Rage X 3A still works to a degree (and in BK I believe cross brand swaps are allowed, Rage Ev-Sp 3A is very good in a half decent stadium), World could use 2B for example. Dynamite/Dangerous+F+L Wheel Xt+ is very solid. I think it's fine for people to have to be creative.
I think allowing reuse of nexus reduces creative thinking personally. I don’t think there’s any reason to allow it, except that people are afraid to build with alternatives. 🤷🏻‍♂️
(May. 08, 2022  7:07 AM)Whiskeytango Wrote: I think allowing reuse of nexus reduces creative thinking personally. I don’t think there’s any reason to allow it, except that people are afraid to build with alternatives. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Actually i think it might demand more creativity 
Because nexus+s in fixed mode is really good for attack so people will probably only use that if they want to build an attack type combo 
Then they wouldn't be able to use nexus+d
If we allow them to use both i think nexus+d will find way more use
Because you wouldn't be allowed to use nexus+s twice or nexus+d twice.
(May. 08, 2022  12:24 PM)DedZeY Wrote:
(May. 08, 2022  7:07 AM)Whiskeytango Wrote: I think allowing reuse of nexus reduces creative thinking personally. I don’t think there’s any reason to allow it, except that people are afraid to build with alternatives. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Actually i think it might demand more creativity 
Because nexus+s in fixed mode is really good for attack so people will probably only use that if they want to build an attack type combo 
Then they wouldn't be able to use nexus+d
If we allow them to use both i think nexus+d will find way more use
Because you wouldn't be allowed to use nexus+s twice or nexus+d twice.

I feel like you proved my point by saying it would find way more use. Rather than people making decisions between the two, you’ll see many more people just sticking to the top four discs endlessly of over giga and nexus +s and +d.