Should Deck Format Finals be gone from WBO?

Alright so I’ve heard this from a few people but they are not liking the deck format. The reason is because it’s to complicated and to unessecary, you choose three beyblades, loose you choose between rematch and no rematch and there’s other stuff.   I mean i like deck format finals but the other people are just saying pick a beyblade and play with it. BUt I somewhat agree that in some ways that it’s unessecary. What do you think?
I feel like Deck Format is a way to utilize the competitiveness of the game. If you're stuck with one bey, it can get pretty boring with the same beys fighting each other just because they're the best combos in the meta. Deck format allows for a more satisfying match(up to 5 points) and allows for a much wider variety of combos to be used.
I feel like it must've been implemented for a reason. I think it's easy for people who are newer to think it should be gone, but I would be interested in the opinions of people who have experience from before and after its implementation. (As I would think it wasn't always so?)

And from there, I trust the committee to weigh everything and decide. No problem with revisiting, but at the end of the day, a properly designed game cannot have its design easily swayed by the ever-shifting and varying feelings of the players. There is a level of logic and a level of "feel", and for cases of the latter, it is hard to figure out with reasoning but is generally done best with experience.

Of course, feedback and input from players is also important to weigh, but it should be weighed within reason.

But yeah, no reason to not bring it up and revisit. Check in and say, "Hey, do we still think this is good?"
(May. 13, 2018  5:01 AM)Mage Wrote: I feel like Deck Format is a way to utilize the competitiveness of the game. If you're stuck with one bey, it can get pretty boring with the same beys fighting each other just because they're the best combos in the meta. Deck format allows for a more satisfying match(up to 5 points) and allows for a much wider variety of combos to be used.

So true Mage!
It's obvious the people who say "One Beyblade only" have never been to an actual tournament, so I say keep the Deck format. There's nothing to say that the others above haven't already.
If you want some insight into the origins and intentions behind our implementation of Deck Format, I suggest you read these threads:

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-New-For...ion-System
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Experim...Discussion

In that second thread we spoke extensively based on real life test events with the community about the idea of Deck Format (along with many other rule changes made for our 8th Anniversary in 2016), making numerous modifications along the way in order to ensure it was better than what we had and that the version we implemented was the best possible version of the format.

From my perspective, Deck Format has worked out to not only make the length of our finals more reasonable and pressure-filled (previously they were round robin based, so it basically became another full tournament within a tournament), it also has proven to be the most intensely strategic way of playing Beyblade. It challenges the knowledge and skill of the best players in any given event in a more complex way than the first stage could ever allow. Not to mention, it also allows for a wider variety of combos to be used. If we didn't have it, I guarantee you we'd see less Attack types because they aren't incentivized through 2 Point KOs/Bursts in the first stage of events (and they can't be because 2 Points in a 3 Point match is lethal and unfair in our view especially with the potential for things like self-bursts. There's just such a low chance of being able to recover from that, but there is in Deck Format).

And if you want even more insight into why I feel Deck Format is one of the best things we've ever done for Organized Play, check out this post I made from a few months ago: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Round-R...pid1421774

I'm happy to let this discussion continue, but I think there would need to be an extremely strong and well-organized argument against it for us to even consider removing Deck Format. Saying it's "unnecessary" and "complicated" isn't enough. Complexity on some level isn't a bad thing when we're talking about players who make it to the finals; they should be expected to be strong players with the ability to understand and execute proper deck construction and choices throughout their finals matches.

And remember, even in many TAKARA-TOMY events they use their version of Deck Format. So obviously, it isn't just the WBO that sees value in a more "complex" format as a way to expose and represent the depth of strategy Beyblade can contain in a competitive environment.

In Deck Format, skill is the most valued asset assuming you know how to construct a balanced Deck. In first stage matches based on single Beyblade choices, prediction is the most valued asset. Skill plays a part in the first stage, and prediction plays a part in Deck Format, but the emphasis is switched. I would be surprised to learn if anyone here believes that we should prioritize prediction over skill.

If it was up to me, I would do Deck Format for all matches in an event (and we did test this a few times in real events), but the reason that didn't happen was mainly due to time constraints and the fact that many new/younger players might not be equipped to play it properly. So, adding it only for the finals was a perfect compromise because anyone who makes it to the finals is almost always someone with either some level of experience or at least a decent collection.

Moving this to Discuss worldbeyblade.org.
Alright thanks guys just so you know I had no hate for deck format I infact love it but I feel like Kei may know who I’m talking about who is complaining about deck format
I don't think you should take anyone's stances here personally. :) We're all just putting in our thoughts, as asked.

However, I will say I highly preferred when you took a more vague and anonymous stance on who you were talking about. If I had to be honest, it feels a little too close to a gossip vibe now. Probably wasn't your intention, but that's kind of what I'm getting.
(May. 13, 2018  6:50 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I don't think you should take anyone's stances here personally. Smile We're all just putting in our thoughts, as asked.

However, I will say I highly preferred when you took a more vague and anonymous stance on who you were talking about. If I had to be honest, it feels a little too close to a gossip vibe now. Probably wasn't your intention, but that's kind of what I'm getting.

Yea it’s just because it happens almost EVERY tournament and it gets on my nerve and I think other people may not like it either but yes it was not for a gossip vibe
Yeah, if the people who do have a problem with it want to post here that's perfectly fine and I encourage it, but we're not going to turn this into something targeted towards specific people.
If anything, I'd be in favor of the whole tournament being deck format, not singles only.
But doesn't everyone have a partner beyblade that they train with for hours every day with to get better?!
Want to have an INCREDIBLE and also AMAZING tournament?
Deck Format. That's it. COMPLETELY Deck Format.

Although this is completely unreasonable for near-all events.
Near-all...
DJ - Fab!
(May. 14, 2018  7:28 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote: Want to have an INCREDIBLE and also AMAZING tournament?
Deck Format. That's it. COMPLETELY Deck Format.

Although this is completely unreasonable for near-all events.
Near-all...
DJ - Fab!

Great idea well appreciated
i’m a huge fan of deck format. at home it’s the only way the four of us play.

deck building itself is half the fun, tbh. kinda like how in fantasy sports, the draft itself is usually the best part of the season...
Deck format really emphasizes the the strategic element to beyblade. I really hope it's here to stay.
deck format is really well thought out.  It is much better than the 3 on 3 format played in Japan and east Asia actually.  It is unfortunate that it just take too long for entire tournaments to be played that way.  It does require a larger collection for some one to be successful in deck format, or at least access to a larger collection.  But this is the case in many games and sports.  It is possible to play golf only with the 7 iron....but....
it be good if it was removed depending on finalists of the event it allows people with less parts to have better chance to win. and allow freedom on bladers parts and isn’t that what it’s all about end of the day. That’s just my opinion
I understand it keeps the competitive aspect but maybe it was dependent on the final players and the parts they bring some newer players participate in events and get far but are highly prevented from winning because of it .
My answer is a big no,please keep the deck format.
(Jul. 16, 2018  6:13 AM)UFO Wrote: it be good if it was removed it allows people with less parts to have better chance to win. and allow freedom on bladers parts and isn’t that what it’s all about end of the day. That’s just my opinion

Bladers with next to no parts are already allowed to borrow and use top-tier parts in tournaments, lack of parts has never been a problem. If anything, the people lacking parts are at an advantage, they get access to all the shiny new OP stuff from TT that people with collections might not have. 

There's absolutely no reason whatsoever to remove deck format.