Shooter Modification

One suggestion. You know how the plastic prongs are flat on one side and angled on the other, so from the side it's a / | shape? I suggest to file down or cut down the other side, so it's a / \ shape. This should reduce the risk of mislaunch when changing spin direction.
(Aug. 29, 2008  8:02 AM)Nic Wrote: One suggestion. You know how the plastic prongs are flat on one side and angled on the other, so from the side it's a / | shape? I suggest to file down or cut down the other side, so it's a / \ shape. This should reduce the risk of mislaunch when changing spin direction.

Thats a good point.
Though I have yet to even try launching in left spin.
TBH I didn't consider it, rather I was thinking of some kinda quick realease/thumb screw to swap Prongs.

Looks like a video is in order. I'll see what I can do.Wink

[Image: th_DSCF6109.jpg]
[Image: th_DSCF6110.jpg]
[Image: th_DSCF6113.jpg]
Hey...I already did this....YEARS ago!

Alright I'm not trying to sound like a carp. Anyway good job finding it again.
Wait does that mean you can put the HMS thing on the oldskool launcher???
Awesome! This is really cool, I want to try this out now.

(Aug. 29, 2008  10:50 PM)rkayd Wrote: Wait does that mean you can put the HMS thing on the oldskool launcher???

Maybe. Don't know why you'd want to, since the EZ shooter is weaker than the HMS Dual Shooter...

Now all we need is a way to put the MFB prongs onto an HMS Dual Shooter and we're good to go!
Quote:Now all we need is a way to put the MFB prongs onto an HMS Dual Shooter and we're good to go!

Yeah, that would change a bit. But I just dont have any MFB´s at the moment... will order some soon.

PS: Wich MFB´s should I order? Im thinking about buying two.
(Aug. 30, 2008  12:37 AM)roggi19 Wrote:
Quote:Now all we need is a way to put the MFB prongs onto an HMS Dual Shooter and we're good to go!

Yeah, that would change a bit. But I just dont have any MFB´s at the moment... will order some soon.

PS: Wich MFB´s should I order? Im thinking about buying two.

Thing is, I think the entire Prong apparatus is too big for the Dual Shooter's Prong Slot (<-- Unofficial Name Alert). :-/

Also, you should get Pegasis, along with your choice. Pegasis is just...really strong. It seems to be a good mix of Smash- and Upper-attack, and with a Flat Bottom, it's really strong.

I don't know about Sagittario, but Leo is incredibly defensive. I was surprised by how much faster the Flat Bottom was with a Bull Wheel than it ws on the Leo wheel (meaning that the Leo's Wheel is heavy). The Leo Wheel is really dense and heavy, good for defense (and smash).

Bull's wheel is good. It's balanced enough to not fall on it's side in battle, but not balanced enough to stay standing after the spin stops with a Flat Bottom (unlike Pegasis). It's Upper is really good, too.

Keep in mind that these MFBs have a lot of flaws and probably aren't worth getting every single one just yet.
so basically

any but sagittario
Okay... Thanks guysTongue_out_wink
So I think I´ll go for Pegasis and Bull.
I tried out the modification.

It works, but there's a terrible grinding sound when I pull the winder, and if the winder isn't in the shooter, the prongs won't really move.

I think I did something wrong. Lips_sealed
^YES!!!

Does it actually work? This is awesome!
Shoots out the MFB out just fine. I'm testing out solo spin time for Sag. right now... I should have tested out some times before I modded to see the difference, but we'll see how this goes.
(Aug. 31, 2008  5:18 PM)Grey Wrote: I tried out the modification.

It works, but there's a terrible grinding sound when I pull the winder, and if the winder isn't in the shooter, the prongs won't really move.

Hmm did you notice how In my pictures the black thing [Image: th_Launcher100.jpg]
its the dual shooter's prong with the prongs twisted off hahaha
reason its there is to insure that the Plastic prong screws tightly...
that is if you talking about the dualshooter mod, not MFB

(Aug. 31, 2008  6:54 PM)G Wrote: Looks janky, but I can shoot my Sag out better lol
[Image: mfbmod.jpg]
[Image: mfbmod2.jpg]
ILLMATIC G.
to bad the green and red clash. Judging from your pictures, I think if the shroud on a dual shooter is removed, MFB+dual shooter is possibel
(Aug. 31, 2008  8:19 PM)Blue Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2008  5:18 PM)Grey Wrote: I tried out the modification.

Hmm did you notice how In my pictures the black thing [Image: th_Launcher100.jpg]
its the dual shooter's prong with the prongs twisted off hahaha
reason its there is to insure that the Plastic prong screws tightly...
that is if you talking about the dualshooter mod, not MFB
Thanks, I didn't notice that the black thing was also there. That was probably the problem. Grin
(Aug. 31, 2008  6:54 PM)G Wrote: Looks janky, but I can shoot my Sag out better lol
[Image: mfbmod.jpg]
[Image: mfbmod2.jpg]

Hey G thats pretty cool. Too bad they won't allow these at tournaments. Maybe if you send one to Takara they'll make a new launcher like that and they will be allowed XD
MFB to EZ Shooter is the most effective one for sure.

'Cause you get the most revolutions of any shooter out of the EZ Shooter (Aside from the Power Custom). You even get more revolutions than the HMS Dual Shooter, believe it or not. Look at the MFB Shooter article in Beywiki.
Hmm...I got this all right I believe, but my shooting power is FAR less than an EZ shooter right now. Any help?
Quote:Hmm...I got this all right I believe, but my shooting power is FAR less than an EZ shooter right now. Any help?

What modification? I believe there have been introduced around 3 modifications here.