We Can Be Heroes Comics
20936 Devonshire Ave
  Meet in the back of the store, by the parking lot
01:00PM on 09/12/2021
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
10 cash  

Admission fee is paid to the venue, and the fee goes towards prizes in the form of store credit.

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

VERY IMPORTANT!!!
PLEASE READ!!!

We will be playing with a alternative experimental ruleset for this event!!!

3V3 Deck Type (1st stage only):

Each Blader assembles 3 Beyblades with no repeating parts in secret. A deck box with spots numbered 1 through 3 will be used to store the 3 Beyblade.  Each blader uses the deck box to determine the play order of their 3 Beyblade.  The judge inspects all 3 Beyblade for both players in secret.  

The match then begins using the first Beyblade from each Blader's deck box. When one of the Beyblades wins the battle, the next Beyblade in each Bladers’ lineup will be used for the following battle. 

If all 3 beys of the Bladers are used in a match, and neither Blader has yet scored enough points to win the match, then the Bladers will turn around and in secret take 30 seconds to (optionally) reorder their 3 beys in the deck box how they see fit.  This process is called the “reshuffle.”

Play resumes using the first bey in each Blader's deck, moving on to the second or third as necessary until one of the Bladers scores the points necessary to win the match.

The finals of 3v3 Deck Type events are played using WBO Deck Format.

3v3 Deck type solution for consecutive draws:

First stage 3v3 type matches have a battle limit of ten battles. If a tenth battle is reached and:
  • One player has more points than the other: The player with more points wins the match.
  • The score is tied: The match continues as normal until a player scores a point (sudden death rounds).
  • During the match, if the judge calls 3 consecutive draws, both decks will advance to the next bey in sequence or be reshuffled for the next bey in sequence.  This will continue until a winner is decided, and this applies to the sudden death rounds after 10 round battle limit. 

PLEASE READ!!!

This is a WBO Burst Standard event, please refer the rulebook link below for rules and regulations:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mbjw...Q-c9A/edit

Challonge Links:

Please see additional event information and any local or federal requirements below in regards to COVID 19. 

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Coronav...ournaments

http://cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pag...-2020.aspx

http://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy/#county-status

WBO Tournament info:

If you have a question about the tournament, please post it in this tournament thread.  Generally, that is the quickest way to get an answer.  Also, please read through the tournament thread as your question may have already been answered.  Private messages are inefficient as many members ask the same questions.  

Participant Cap: 24

* Please be aware of the new community rules. Registering for the tournament and not showing up is a Tournament Violation. https://worldbeyblade.org/Announcement-Community-Rules

Event Schedule
12:00PM-12:30PM Registration 
12:30PM-12:45PM Bracket Set-up
12:45PM-01:00PM Announcements
01:00PM Tournament Starts
*Tournaments can last up to 5 hours

Prizes:
The venue fee collected will be given out to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in the form of store credit.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Thankyou! Another California tournament! Yes!
I have had some requests to increase the participant cap.  I am not able to do that.  In general, the cap is set based on the capacity of the facility and time limitations.  24 cap is what we can comfortably and safely do at this facility, at this time.  Please check back periodically to see if anyone drops from the event.  Please unjoin the event if you decide you cannot attend.
Are we allowed to use db beys?
(Aug. 22, 2021  7:38 AM)RKOMaster555 Wrote: Are we allowed to use db beys?

Yes, DB will be allowed

everything is legal in Standard
(Aug. 26, 2021  3:31 PM)Mexicantwix Wrote:

everything is legal in Standard

Yeah everything is legal
This tournaments Finna be lit!
Hey shindog I just wanted to ask if we all pay a fee in a total of $240 how much are you gonna split for 1st 2nd and 3rd.

(Sep. 05, 2021  3:56 AM)Polaa Wrote: Hey shindog I just wanted to ask if we all pay a fee in a total of $240 how much are you gonna split for 1st 2nd and 3rd.

Well more like $230 minis u

(Sep. 05, 2021  3:56 AM)Polaa Wrote: Hey shindog I just wanted to ask if we all pay a fee in a total of $240 how much are you gonna split for 1st 2nd and 3rd.

Minus*

Pls answer question

Minus*

Pls answer question
The fee is paid to the store and they will do the split.  It isn’t my decision.  Also the fee collected isn’t “minus me”.  I pay the store too, but I think I happen to have credit there from our last event there that I can pay with.
Oh ok thx for answering
IMPORTANT!!!!
PLEASE READ!!!!

How would y’all feel about playing the following ruleset for this event?  

3V3 Deck Type (1st stage only):

Each Blader assembles 3 Beyblades with no repeating parts in secret. A deck box with spots numbered 1 through 3 will be used to store the 3 Beyblade.  Each blader uses the deck box to determine the play order of their 3 Beyblade.  The judge inspects all 3 Beyblade for both players in secret.  

The match then begins using the first Beyblade from each Blader's deck box. When one of the Beyblades wins the battle, the next Beyblade in each Bladers’ lineup will be used for the following battle. 

If all 3 beys of the Bladers are used in a match, and neither Blader has yet scored enough points to win the match, then the Bladers will turn around and in secret take 30 seconds to (optionally) reorder their 3 beys in the deck box how they see fit.  This process is called the “reshuffle.”

Play resumes using the first bey in each Blader's deck, moving on to the second or third as necessary until one of the Bladers scores the points necessary to win the match.

The finals of 3v3 Deck Type events are played using WBO Deck Format.

3v3 Deck type solution for consecutive draws:

First stage 3v3 type matches have a battle limit of ten battles. If a tenth battle is reached and:
  • One player has more points than the other: The player with more points wins the match.
  • The score is tied: The match continues as normal until a player scores a point (sudden death rounds).
  • During the match, if the judge calls 3 consecutive draws, both decks will advance to the next bey in sequence or be reshuffled for the next bey in sequence.  This will continue until a winner is decided, and this applies to the sudden death rounds after 10 round battle limit. 
I am proposing this a week before the event after seeing just too many problems with consecutive draws at events all over WBO.  The systems above is my idea of the best solution to the current problem.  I can provide some deck box solutions for people who come to this event for this event.

Here is why this is in my mind the ideal solution for our current issue with 1st stage:

1) strategic (combo order and reshuffling will new strategic elements for the WBO).  The strategy for 1st stage may change, but I don’t think it would be any less strategic. 

2) drawn out ties/draws can be solved by “next bey” and battle limit strategy simply, within the flow of the game.  There isn’t a need for players to take the time to go make a new combo to potentially stop drawing. There is a chance both players come back with more LAD combos anyway, and they can continue to draw.  That would be burning more time. 

3) less need to ban parts?  Because powerful parts like drift/bearing is only a portion of the deck.  I think of it as the Queen in chess wouldn’t need a ban, even though it is a very powerful piece. 

4) unfair scouting has less effect, as long as the ordering of the deck is kept secret 
Shindog Ok, so just to confirm and summarize everything:

First Stage:
3v3 Deck Type
Each Blader has 3 beys with no repeating parts, they choose the order, battle with their beys for 1 round, then move to the next. If the bladers don’t have enough points to win by 10 battles, the Blader with the most points wins.

For the final stage deck format is used.

Is that correct? And is the battles for the first stage only 1 round, or is it to 1 point, or what?
(Sep. 07, 2021  1:12 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Shindog Ok, so just to confirm and summarize everything:

First Stage:
3v3 Deck Type
Each Blader has 3 beys with no repeating parts, they choose the order, battle with their beys for 1 round, then move to the next. If the bladers don’t have enough points to win by 10 battles, the Blader with the most points wins.

For the final stage deck format is used.

Is that correct? And is the battles for the first stage only 1 round, or is it to 1 point, or what?
1 stage is still to 3 point or best out of 5.
Please note!!!!!

We will be playing the alternate 3v3 format with rules in place to possibly alleviate the consecutive draws problem we are seeing all across the WBO.  Please read the opening post carefully to see the alternative 3v3 rules we will be playing.
I have a question regarding mode change, especially low to high or high to low mode. Based on the rule book, we are allowed to change it after the first round for the current single bey format battle and deck format.
What if I want to change my 1st bey`s mode from initially selected low mode to high mode? Same thing for my 2nd bey? What about my 3rd bey? I assume all beys can be dissembled to change mode even without having one round with it?

The following is in the rule book;
Parts with Multiple Modes
- If the part with a mode change requires disassembly, the initial mode must be selected during the Beyblade Selection phase before presenting your Beyblade to the judge for inspection. After the first round, it may only be changed once for the entire match.
(Sep. 07, 2021  6:02 AM)Virtuous Circle Wrote: I have a question regarding mode change, especially low to high or high to low mode. Based on the rule book, we are allowed to change it after the first round for the current single bey format battle and deck format.
What if I want to change my 1st bey`s mode from initially selected low mode to high mode? Same thing for my 2nd bey? What about my 3rd bey? I assume all beys can be dissembled to change mode even without having one round with it?

The following is in the rule book;
Parts with Multiple Modes
- If the part with a mode change requires disassembly, the initial mode must be selected during the Beyblade Selection phase before presenting your Beyblade to the judge for inspection. After the first round, it may only be changed once for the entire match.
A very good and important question.  I have given this some thought in the past, and I have decided to follow what is in the rulebook currently at this time.  This is primarily done so that we can still use the current rulebook as our guide/reference in general.  So the rule that applies to single bey will also apply to WBO Deck, and 3V3 deck.  

For example:

If you have DBL.Tp.Br-0 as you single bey, as part of your WBO deck, or as part of your 3v3 deck, and you decide to play it the first round, you will not be able to change form high mode to low mode or vice versa in the first round.  After the first round, you would then be able to make a 1 time mode change, if the mode change requires disassembly.  As soon as the 1st round is played, all the mode change that requires disassembly opens up for all the beys in the deck.  

I am not saying this is the way things will be going forward.  This format is still in the trial stages.  This 3v3 format is very similar to the WBBA 3v3 format of course.  We are mostly copying it.  There are still some differences of course.  The most obvious one is that we are still not allowing spin direction change at this time.  Actually, it is because of these differences that I do not call this the WBBA 3v3 format but just the 3v3 Deck Format
Just to completely confirm, the alternate 3v3 format is the same thing as the 3v3 deck format which Shindog made a thread about and posted earlier in this thread? Sorry if I’m being annoying, just triple checking to be completely sure.
Oooh a 3v3 deck format,I’ve never dont that before but this outta be fun
I don’t have a deck box and don’t know where to get one from what do I do and I got my two brothers as well soo.
(Sep. 09, 2021  2:58 AM)Polaa Wrote: I don’t have a deck box and don’t know where to get one from what do I do and I got my two brothers as well soo.

I believe Shindog said he will provide them
(Sep. 09, 2021  3:14 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2021  2:58 AM)Polaa Wrote: I don’t have a deck box and don’t know where to get one from what do I do and I got my two brothers as well soo.

I believe Shindog said he will provide them
If you don’t have a deck box, I will bring some for people to use.  They will be the pencil pouch variety that you will see in this video.  However, the video will show you, you do have deck boxes. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTlX2AngzoI/...=copy_link
Ok but I might still stick with borrowing bc some of the boxes I can’t find and also where did you get the other deck box thing with the organized nunbers?
(Sep. 09, 2021  3:44 AM)Polaa Wrote: Ok but I might still stick with borrowing bc some of the boxes I can’t find and also where did you get the other deck box thing with the organized nunbers?

You can find that on ebay. 

I think my point in this video is to show you don’t need boxes.