Sad and bad news everybody...

Honestly it's his choice whether or not if he want's to introduce his parents to beyblade.
(Jan. 11, 2021  2:02 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: TeamRocketDJJ last piece of advice: I highly recommend introducing your parents to the Beyblade Burst English dub as its the most kid friendly.

Main themes:
About friendship and never giving up.

Injuries:
There are no deaths or bloodied up people, the majority of injuries are simple as cuts and there's no blood present. The biggest injury would be a scar but again no blood and the imagery of the scar isn't violent, and the character that has it is mostly shown with it already healed up.

Sex/Nudity:
There are none of these things as its a kids show.

Insults/Arguments:
Its usually just playful banter, there are some genuine insults but they're not really serious. They're also from villains only and every single villain (excluding one) always gets redeemed, however it is a given that every villain gets defeated at the end.

Spirits/Demonic Imagery:
There is no straight up demons, the closest thing you could get to a demon would be spirit like beings called Avatars. Avatars exist within the spinning tops and some of them look menacing but nothing scarring or actually scary. They also don't have any problematic names. There are some scenes with Avatars fighting each other while spinning tops hit one another but its nothing violent, just like swords hitting each other. There will occasionally be a scene where the Avatar itself gets hit but its not injured and there's no blood whatsoever. Also the bursting mechanic of the Beyblade, a way to have your Beyblade lose, or any loss for that matter, cannot harm the Beyblade. If the Beyblade breaks it will be out of commission but once it is remade everything is fine.

Fighting:
They're 2 types of fighting, however none violent. The main one is just spinning tops hitting against one another wish flashy effects. The second is Avatars fighting but I've already gone over that one. Also the Avatars fighting each other for sport isn't anything they don't want to do most of the time. The user and Avatar are friends and its a fun sport for the Avatars like is kids did karate for example. There are some small cases where Avatars don't want to fight but as you would guess it's very frowned upon and the users that make their Beyblade's fight when they don't want to realize their mistakes.

(Remember when you tell your parents some of this applies to the dub only, manly stuff about Avatars having non problematic names and the playful banter. In the Japanese version its still just all good fun but they can use harsher words. Also I'd do something like sit down with your parents and watch the first episode of Beyblade Burst with them, it can be found on Netflix.)

I’m pretty sure the case is for Metal fight in which case the avatars come out to fight each other. Also there are some deaths that are implied such as Dr.Ziggarat, Ryuga, and Rago/Pluto (I know this wasn’t in the manga, but it’s implied in the Anime).
Rago/Pluto or in this case Nemesis (The Blader) are counted in as deceased
(Jan. 11, 2021  2:05 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2021  2:02 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: TeamRocketDJJ last piece of advice: I highly recommend introducing your parents to the Beyblade Burst English dub as its the most kid friendly.

Main themes:

Injuries:
There are no deaths or bloodied up people, the majority of injuries are simple as cuts and there's no blood present. The biggest injury would be a scar but again no blood and the imagery of the scar isn't violent, and the character that has it is mostly shown with it already healed up.

Sex/Nudity:

Insults/Arguments:
Its usually just playful banter, there are some genuine insults but they're not really serious. They're also from villains only and every single villain (excluding one) always gets redeemed, however it is a given that every villain gets defeated at the end.

Spirits/Demonic Imagery:
There is no straight up demons, the closest thing you could get to a demon would be spirit like beings called Avatars. Avatars exist within the spinning tops and some of them look menacing but nothing scarring or actually scary. They also don't have any problematic names. There are some scenes with Avatars fighting each other while spinning tops hit one another but its nothing violent, just like swords hitting each other. There will occasionally be a scene where the Avatar itself gets hit but its not injured and there's no blood whatsoever. Also the bursting mechanic of the Beyblade, a way to have your Beyblade lose, or any loss for that matter, cannot harm the Beyblade. If the Beyblade breaks it will be out of commission but once it is remade everything is fine.

Fighting:
They're 2 types of fighting, however none violent. The main one is just spinning tops hitting against one another wish flashy effects. The second is Avatars fighting but I've already gone over that one. Also the Avatars fighting each other for sport isn't anything they don't want to do most of the time. The user and Avatar are friends and its a fun sport for the Avatars like is kids did karate for example. There are some small cases where Avatars don't want to fight but as you would guess it's very frowned upon and the users that make their Beyblade's fight when they don't want to realize their mistakes.

(Remember when you tell your parents some of this applies to the dub only, manly stuff about Avatars having non problematic names and the playful banter. In the Japanese version its still just all good fun but they can use harsher words. Also I'd do something like sit down with your parents and watch the first episode of Beyblade Burst with them, it can be found on Netflix.)

I’m pretty sure the case is for Metal fight in which case the avatars come out to fight each other. Also there are some deaths that are implied such as Dr.Ziggarat, Ryuga, and Rago/Pluto (I know this wasn’t in the manga, but it’s implied in the Anime).

This is for the Beyblade Burst English Dub. The other generations have their fair share of violence, death, and dark moments.
(Jan. 11, 2021  1:56 AM)RoscoePColeslaw Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2021  1:50 AM)NamanSpryzen Wrote: Ohh! Ok, I guess. That’s the only thing, right?
Are you not aware of the infamous blue fish?

No............
(Jan. 11, 2021  2:05 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2021  2:02 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: TeamRocketDJJ last piece of advice: I highly recommend introducing your parents to the Beyblade Burst English dub as its the most kid friendly.

Main themes:

Injuries:

Sex/Nudity:

Insults/Arguments:

Spirits/Demonic Imagery:

Fighting:

It isn't scary (ryuga scared a tiger by looking at it)

(Jan. 11, 2021  2:07 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2021  2:05 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I’m pretty sure the case is for Metal fight in which case the avatars come out to fight each other. Also there are some deaths that are implied such as Dr.Ziggarat, Ryuga, and Rago/Pluto (I know this wasn’t in the manga, but it’s implied in the Anime).

This is for the Beyblade Burst English Dub. The other generations have their fair share of violence, death, and dark moments.

Its itsn't dark. Just some demonic parts. Not bad. Avatars are actually cool
I've got mixed advice to be honest and that's cos of mixed feelings on the situation. If you're a young lad then I'd say give a listen to your parents cos sometimes the game can clash with religious ideals and stuff and more times than not they do want your best interests in their eyes even if it may come across as harsh. But I also think it's unfortunate cos my household is all religious including myself and we dont particularly care about the stuff like Norse mythology for example being used in beyblades. I'd say it's not a problem as long as you treat it as just a bey rather than randomly set up a shrine for Odin in your house or something haha. That being said if you're a young adult at like 18 you probably should make your own decisions without parents input interfering as much. I know it's probably not the best answer as there probably is no perfect advice that can be given in this situation but this is just my thoughts on the matter.
(Jan. 11, 2021  3:26 PM)Yblader1 Wrote: I've got mixed advice to be honest and that's cos of mixed feelings on the situation. If you're a young lad then I'd say give a listen to your parents cos sometimes the game can clash with religious ideals and stuff and more times than not they do want your best interests in their eyes even if it may come across as harsh. But I also think it's unfortunate cos my household is all religious including myself and we dont particularly care about the stuff like Norse mythology for example being used in beyblades. I'd say it's not a problem as long as you treat it as just a bey rather than randomly set up a shrine for Odin in your house or something haha. That being said if you're a young adult at like 18 you probably should make your own decisions without parents input interfering as much. I know it's probably not the best answer as there probably is no perfect advice that can be given in this situation but this is just my thoughts on the matter.

It’s more so about the anime and the “demonic happenings” instead of the toy. Personally I do think Metal saga did have it’s fair share of demonic happenings much like Yu-Gi-Oh so I can see why the parents are hesitant to let their kid play with them and watch the show. (But umm about that shrine for Odin, I was wondering where to get one)
Wow, I never really knew this was an issue in 2020 / 2021. Those are kid's shows: absolutely no kid ever became a absolute satanist because of a children's anime?

Also: if you were able to watch Spongebob from 2001-2006 that means you are above 20 years of age and your parents still get to choose what children's shows you get to watch? At that age you're an adult and you should be able to talk with your parents like adults. And those puns are not "horrible" or "wrong"; they're there for the adults to enjoy whilst the children don't get the second layer in the jokes. That's the fun part of it.
I guess you can't watch Disney-films either, since they're full of sexual innuendo's.
I feel deeply sorry for you and hope you can talk some sense in your parents.

European Catholic family here that has absolutely no problem with children's anime or the fact that I've been listening to Death metal for the last 18 years and wearing all the Antichristian merchandise. (I am 28 years old as of now, I'm a nostalgic blader from the plastic generation). So they do exist: the religious families that are tolerant.

I am amazed to read that there are several of you that can't even buy a Beyblade with a name that refers to a demon in a biblical sense. If the world really would be full with demons and danger around every corner it certainly wouldn't be in some toys...

I really hope you are okay.
(Jan. 11, 2021  4:17 PM)Iwein Wrote: Wow, I never really knew this was an issue in 2020 / 2021. Those are kid's shows: absolutely no kid ever became a absolute satanist because of a children's anime?

Also: if you were able to watch Spongebob from 2001-2006 that means you are above 20 years of age and your parents still get to choose what children's shows you get to watch? At that age you're an adult and you should be able to talk with your parents like adults. And those puns are not "horrible" or "wrong"; they're there for the adults to enjoy whilst the children don't get the second layer in the jokes. That's the fun part of it.
I guess you can't watch Disney-films either, since they're full of sexual innuendo's.

European Catholic family here that has absolutely no problem with children's anime or the fact that I've been listening to Death metal for the last 18 years and wearing all the Antichristian merchandise. (I am 28 years old as of now, I'm a nostalgic blader from the plastic generation). So they do exist: the religious families that are tolerant.

I am amazed to read that there are several of you that can't even buy a Beyblade with a name that refers to a demon in a biblical sense. If the world really would be full with demons and danger around every corner it certainly wouldn't be in some toys...

The thing is that some parents are more bound to religion than others and that is something we have to respect.
(Jan. 11, 2021  4:20 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2021  4:17 PM)Iwein Wrote: Wow, I never really knew this was an issue in 2020 / 2021. Those are kid's shows: absolutely no kid ever became a absolute satanist because of a children's anime?

The thing is that some parents are more bound to religion than others and that is something we have to respect.

I understand and respect that. But when someone is older than 20 years old they are an adult and should know to make decisions between right and wrong (hell, even in our Belgian Jurisdiction a kid of 7 years old should know the notion "good" and "bad" and the difference between those two). 

I can't judge or speak for anyone as I don't know the situation myself, but I can only advise that such useless discussions should at least be talked about like adults.
JSYK if you need something to watch Beyblade off of I found the site AnimeKisa is decent
Sup guys I’m back after long day of NFL Playoff games
I don't mean to be rude, but your parents need are mean. Just how is beyblade "inappropriate"
(Jan. 11, 2021  10:46 PM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: I don't mean to be rude, but your parents need are mean. Just how is beyblade "inappropriate"

The noticed the focus image of a spirit monster involving metal blades aka top spinners toys being demonic, but I found it ok! The thing is my parents have really bad memory and want to put programs to red without reading about them.
I know for a fact that the japanese version always contains inappropiate things. Take it for example in the Tala vs. Garland fight that despite the fact they said the battle was a tie Garland made Tala bleed pretty badly
(Jan. 11, 2021  10:48 PM)TeamRocketDJJ Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2021  10:46 PM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: I don't mean to be rude, but your parents need are mean. Just how is beyblade "inappropriate"

The noticed the focus image of a spirit monster involving metal blades aka top spinners toys being demonic, but I found it ok! The thing is my parents have really bad memory and want to put programs to red without reading about them.

Bruh. Your parents think they know everything. They NEVER watched an episode of the series and are already putting it as "innapropriate". Seriously, they saw a spirit and they're like "OMGGGG YOUR NOT WATCHING THAT NO". Seriously, that's stupid and idiotic. Here's a piece of advise: Get them to watch an episode with you, they might change their mind.
(Jan. 11, 2021  10:50 PM)TheGolden Blade Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2021  10:48 PM)TeamRocketDJJ Wrote: The noticed the focus image of a spirit monster involving metal blades aka top spinners toys being demonic, but I found it ok! The thing is my parents have really bad memory and want to put programs to red without reading about them.

Bruh. Your parents think they know everything. They NEVER watched an episode of the series and are already putting it as "innapropriate". Seriously, they saw a spirit and they're like "OMGGGG YOUR NOT WATCHING THAT NO". Seriously, that's stupid and idiotic. Here's a piece of advise: Get them to watch an episode with you, they might change their mind.

Hey good idea! I watch the first episode of one of the series with them and maybe I can explain to them!
Sorry man. You can continue your interests but maybe it’s best to leave the topic of Beyblade alone for a while.
(Jan. 11, 2021  11:49 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: Sorry man. You can continue your interests but maybe it’s best to leave the topic of Beyblade alone for a while.

Ohh ok.
I get that this sucks, but... did it really need a five-page thread?
(Jan. 12, 2021  12:00 AM)BladerGem Wrote: I get that this sucks, but... did it really need a five-page thread?

I mean, the length isn’t decided when you post a thread. People found that it was an interesting topic and posted here. Not a big deal. And while it could be argued that the going away/coming back thread would be appropriate for this, I think that because there was also the discussion value of Beyblade being appropriate or not, what qualifies it for not being appropriate, what Rocket should do, all of that stuff.
(Jan. 12, 2021  12:04 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2021  12:00 AM)BladerGem Wrote: I get that this sucks, but... did it really need a five-page thread?

I mean, the length isn’t decided when you post a thread. People found that it was an interesting topic and posted here. Not a big deal. And while it could be argued that the going away/coming back thread would be appropriate for this, I think that because there was also the discussion value of Beyblade being appropriate or not, what qualifies it for not being appropriate, what Rocket should do, all of that stuff.

???
Getting your parents involved is a great idea! I sometimes get my parents to watch beyblade videos from BeybladeGeeks, which is in my opinion the best at attracting an audience. No offense to all the other youtubers here, I just think Beyblade Geeks are great at talking and is the most Family-Friendly. (I also do this to hint what Beys I want to get)