SCARlet's 3D Printed Beyblade Reincarnations: BLACK DRANZER

HELLO EVERYBODY

Hereby I, SCARlet, proudly present you the project I have been working on the last couple of months : A 3D printed reincarnation of the almighty BLACK DRANZER!!!

[Image: To7bFyG.jpg]
[Image: uIrVN0J.jpg]
The "deluxe version" comes with its own casing. The red part of the case is made out of hard tough rubber, the black shell is made out of strong ABS.
Together they assure a save travel for the beyblade inside. In this case my Black Dranzer redesign.

[Image: mpxdiOl.jpg]
The following components are included:

--> a newly designed AR + Bitchip. Both can be used on other plastics.
--> a Blade Base, mostly identical to the Flame Change Base of Dranzer F, which snaps together with a newly designed spingear.

The base is made for housing the interchangable RUBBER tips. These tips are made out of Ninjaflex, a very durable kind of rubber.
The tips included are based on a WD, WB, WF and last but not least, a CS-tip. The latter is only coated with Ninjaflex rubber:

[Image: lfBleDA.jpg]

I also made a little unboxing video showing how the beyblade is put together:
The recorded sound was so bad I muted the video. Will be doing a proper remake soon.

TEST BATTLES COMING SOON!!!
Wow that's so cool man also I subbed to your channel
Awesome job, man! What did you use to cut the stickers?
(Oct. 22, 2016  7:00 PM)Daman Wrote: Awesome job, man! What did you use to cut the stickers?

Just a simple hobby knife. Cutting the stickers was quite a pain though.
this is awesome, it looks great.

i really the interchangeable tips, as well as how you twist the spin gear to lock it in instead of using tabs on the sides.

any chance you're going to re-make any more plastic gen beyblades.
This is AMAZING! Keep it up!! Grin
That is simply incredible. Do you have any idea of what your next project will be?
(Oct. 22, 2016  7:58 PM)Shy Wrote: That is simply incredible. Do you have any idea of what your next project will be?

Normally I also wanted to make a GALUX during the holidays as well. Just didn't have enough time to make one. No redesign, just copying it from the manga/anime. For Galux isn't just a pink version of Galeon. Shame Takara didn't give it a proper release...
(Oct. 22, 2016  9:10 PM)Basedsamuraij Wrote: Does it spin ??

Yes, yes it does.
Woah. There's obviously a lot to like here. Thought I'd just make a special nod to your tip design. Those tips are... Beautiful. No other word will do it justice.
Now the question is... Open source? lel

Will you make the STL files public?
Glad to see this finally posted! Love the interchangeable tips. Very cool work.
This is so awesome?... Keep it up man. Would love to see some mfb or burst.
Thanks everyone for your sweet comments. Really appreciated Joyful_2

(Oct. 25, 2016  1:34 AM)Manicben Wrote: Now the question is... Open source? lel

I don't have any idea if I were even allowed to make the files public because of "intellectual property rights" and stuff. Someone here any thought wether I am allowed to sell my redesign of Black Dranzer?

Though I am a partisan of open source, especially concerning software, the only part of my design I would make open source would probably be a primitive model of the beyblade. So you won't need to design a new beyblade starting from zero... Will be using this technique when I am to design Galux. Tongue_out_wink
(Oct. 28, 2016  10:30 AM)SCARlet Wrote: Thanks everyone for your sweet comments. Really appreciated Joyful_2

I don't have any idea if I were even allowed to make the files public because of "intellectual property rights" and stuff. Someone here any thought wether I am allowed to sell my redesign of Black Dranzer?

As an opinion, I'd say you're allowed.

But it's probably not worth worrying about, either way. I mean, taking pictures of CoroCoro and posting them here, scanning Beyblade Manga and posting them here (even with translations and modifications), making fan art for signiatures and avatars, posting links to pirated recordings of the show - all this is not exactly legal. Whether you make money from it (which the WBO does, technically) is not even relevant, legally. But in all cases, the matter is a "civil" issue which really means: it's only against the law if Takara-Tomy cares to press the issue. Which they won't.

In the past, Takara did indeed press the issue against a group who were manufacturing Beyblade parts to be used in direct concert with the Beyblade toys still on the shelves - at the height of Beyblade popularity at the time. These guys were making big money from a product Takara was still in the process of selling, see? But you wouldn't be doing that. Your actual design also appears different enough from the original that I doubt this would ever be a patent issue. Plus, I think the patent for this particular design has actually lapsed, in the States.

Only possible point of contention, I'd say, is your use of the trademark name - which is still registered. Will anyone care? I'd eat my hat if they did.

You're doing a service to Beyblade here - I'm confident everyone would applaud you for it.
Whoa thats awesome. Will you be making more?

I would really like to see a Draciel MBD which all for spin gear. Lol it wont be legal but it can be Ultimate Compact lol
Does anyone else want a plastic revival, or at least a more complex beyblade?
(Oct. 28, 2016  11:14 PM)Beylon Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2016  10:30 AM)SCARlet Wrote: Thanks everyone for your sweet comments. Really appreciated Joyful_2

As an opinion, I'd say you're allowed.

But it's probably not worth worrying about, either way. I mean, taking pictures of CoroCoro and posting them here, scanning Beyblade Manga and posting them here (even with translations and modifications), making fan art for signiatures and avatars, posting links to pirated recordings of the show - all this is not exactly legal. Whether you make money from it (which the WBO does, technically) is not even relevant, legally. But in all cases, the matter is a "civil" issue which really means: it's only against the law if Takara-Tomy cares to press the issue. Which they won't.

In the past, Takara did indeed press the issue against a group who were manufacturing Beyblade parts to be used in direct concert with the Beyblade toys still on the shelves - at the height of Beyblade popularity at the time. These guys were making big money from a product Takara was still in the process of selling, see? But you wouldn't be doing that. Your actual design also appears different enough from the original that I doubt this would ever be a patent issue. Plus, I think the patent for this particular design has actually lapsed, in the States.

Only possible point of contention, I'd say, is your use of the trademark name - which is still registered. Will anyone care? I'd eat my hat if they did.

You're doing a service to Beyblade here - I'm confident everyone would applaud you for it.

Thanks for making things clear, Beylon. So it would be another story if I were to design new Burst Beyblades and sell them. Especially since Hasbro is selling them too for the moment...

I always love reading your posts Stupid.
(Oct. 29, 2016  10:14 AM)SCARlet Wrote: Thanks for making things clear, Beylon. So it would be another story if I were to design new Burst Beyblades and sell them. Especially since Hasbro is selling them too for the moment...

I always love reading your posts Stupid.

No probs bro. Honestly wouldn't even worry about making stuff for Burst, either. Unless you own some mass-production factory equipment or are planning straight-up identical copies or whatever. Manicben makes stuff for Burst and I doubt he's had any phonecalls.

Like, if someone were to make Burst ARs for use with plastics, I doubt anyone would even notice (not to belittle the idea, but you see what I mean).

Thanks for making these cool things, by the way.
(Oct. 22, 2016  6:07 PM)SCARlet Wrote: HELLO EVERYBODY

Hereby I, SCARlet, proudly present you the project I have been working on the last couple of months : A 3D printed reincarnation of the almighty BLACK DRANZER!!!

[Image: To7bFyG.jpg]
[Image: uIrVN0J.jpg]
The "deluxe version" comes with its own casing. The red part of the case is made out of hard tough rubber, the black shell is made out of strong ABS.
Together they assure a save travel for the beyblade inside. In this case my Black Dranzer redesign.

[Image: mpxdiOl.jpg]
The following components are included:

--> a newly designed AR + Bitchip. Both can be used on other plastics.
--> a Blade Base, mostly identical to the Flame Change Base of Dranzer F, which snaps together with a newly designed spingear.

The base is made for housing the interchangable RUBBER tips. These tips are made out of Ninjaflex, a very durable kind of rubber.
The tips included are based on a WD, WB, WF and last but not least, a CS-tip. The latter is only coated with Ninjaflex rubber:

[Image: lfBleDA.jpg]

I also made a little unboxing video showing how the beyblade is put together:
The recorded sound was so bad I muted the video. Will be doing a proper remake soon.

TEST BATTLES COMING SOON!!!

I am interested in the Black Dranzer.
You can have it?
Starting 24th of January, I will be having some spare time again. Then I am going to make a couple more copies of this Dranzer, more smooth than this one actually.
Will be giving 1 copy (+ box) away in honour of this awesome WBO! The rest will be for sale. Smile
Insane dude.