SA165 Discussion

I picked up SA165 last weekend. So Im taking requests right now. Relaize I DO NOT HAVE Death, RDF, Diablo, Blitz or Vari Ares

Equipment Used

Phantom Sagitraio 2 AD145 WD vs Phantom Sagitario 2 SA165 WD

MF-H Phantom Bull SA165WD vs. MF-H Phantom Bull W145WD
Ill have more test up later. Taking request now

Solo Spin Time

Slyx's Testing:

Kain_Highwind's Testing
Kei's Test
(Sep. 30, 2012  10:23 PM)Kei Wrote: SA165 Defense Testing

SA165 Stamina Testing

Hmmm...have you tyied it with non-4D yet?
(Sep. 01, 2012  9:25 PM)Lord Voldemort Wrote: Hmmm...have you tyied it with non-4D yet?

What non 4D would you like?

Vs Attack testing will be done once my finger heals up. I cut it open pretty bad earlier making lunch.SO should be tomorrow when the tests are up
I don't know why he would, seeing as 4D and Synchrom are tier as opposed to pre-4D...
(Sep. 01, 2012  9:32 PM)Bobmcdoogal Wrote: Can you test it againest W145?

I dont have W145.
(Sep. 01, 2012  9:36 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:

I dont have W145.

I do, and I have some other cookie-cutter tests I can post if I can find wherever I put them when I moved to college, hah.
can you do it against 230 or other 230 hights?
(Sep. 01, 2012  9:40 PM)Ingulit Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2012  9:36 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:

I dont have W145.

I do, and I have some other cookie-cutter tests I can post if I can find wherever I put them when I moved to college, hah.

Feel free to post results. I have most top tier stuff outside of death. With my finger the way it is my attack tests are to far off.
Could you test against Big Bang Kerbecs TH170RF? I'm not sure why, but I want to see the results of this.
(Sep. 01, 2012  9:47 PM)Tri Wrote: Could you test against Big Bang Kerbecs TH170RF? I'm not sure why, but I want to see the results of this.

No big bang. I sold it. And attack tests are on hold until tomorrow. My finger needs to heal up first.
(Sep. 01, 2012  9:51 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2012  9:47 PM)Tri Wrote: Could you test against Big Bang Kerbecs TH170RF? I'm not sure why, but I want to see the results of this.

No big bang. I sold it. And attack tests are on hold until tomorrow. My finger needs to heal up first.

Ok, I forgot to put in their "After your finger get's better".

(Sep. 01, 2012  9:27 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2012  9:25 PM)Lord Voldemort Wrote: Hmmm...have you tyied it with non-4D yet?

What non 4D would you like?

Vs Attack testing will be done once my finger heals up. I cut it open pretty bad earlier making lunch.SO should be tomorrow when the tests are up
Basalt maybe?MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145RF??For Anti-Attack?

Hmm... For some reason I think SA165 might be the new BD145..
I think you should try SA165 in some combinations where utilizing BD145 was dominant. (I'm not sure if I worded that correctly) .
(Sep. 01, 2012  11:33 PM)Tris Wrote: Hmm... For some reason I think SA165 might be the new BD145..
I think you should try SA165 in some combinations where utilizing BD145 was dominant. (I'm not sure if I worded that correctly) .

It seems to be similar to BD145 in terms of performance. The little bit of VS attack testing I did was promising. But my finger was causing results to be one sided. So I had to stop. And I didn't want blood to get on my launcher hah.
(Sep. 01, 2012  11:33 PM)Tris Wrote: Hmm... For some reason I think SA165 might be the new BD145..

I have to disagree thanks to SA165's weight and especially height/shape.

While it is heavy by track standards, it's a good gram and a half lighter than BD145. For that reason alone I don't see SA165 taking over, but there's something even more important that has to be mentioned:

Because the track is so tall and is dome shaped, lower attackers (which aren't terribly popular I'll admit) have a very easy time KOing SA165. This is because when the attacker hits, instead of being blocked by a huge disk of plastic, it lands a blow that pushes the SA165 bey up and away thanks SA165's shape. That makes it significantly worse at defense against low attackers than BD145 (and by low, I mean CH120 low). The fact that the majority of the good defense tips available are really tall doesn't help matters.

That said, SA165 does have its advantages. The most important is that it doesn't ever scrape; on the contrary, it gives any Beyblade incredible Life After Death. That combined with the fact that it's not a half bad stamina track means it offers a significant amount of more spin time to a bey than BD145 could ever dream of. One can also use any track on it since there is no fear of scraping, though like I already said basically every good defense tip is really tall anyway.

In short, I wouldn't say SA165 will replace BD145, but rather will offer Beybladers a third choice for a solid, heavy track (the other two being BD145 and E230). Each of the three has its advantages and disadvantages and all have very definite niches.

Anyway, I can't find my darn test results so I'm re-doing the cookie cutter tests now.
(Sep. 01, 2012  11:51 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:

It seems to be similar to BD145 in terms of performance. The little bit of VS attack testing I did was promising. But my finger was causing results to be one sided. So I had to stop. And I didn't want blood to get on my launcher hah.

Ahh, so I was right. Interesting... Did you figure out which was more superior to which? BD145 - SA165? Btw, blood on the launcher? Aside from the pain, it'll be pretty cool. Imagine that... "Battle scars" It'll be cool and such right until someone asks how the blood got there, hahah.

(Sep. 01, 2012  11:56 PM)Ingulit Wrote: I have to disagree thanks to SA165's weight and especially height/shape.

Hmm... At least it'll be somewhat useful in today's metagame.. But then again I'd still like some tests on it. Hahah.
(Sep. 01, 2012  11:58 PM)Tris Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2012  11:51 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:

Ahh, so I was right. Interesting... Did you figure out which was more superior to which? BD145 - SA165? Btw, blood on the launcher? Aside from the pain, it'll be pretty cool. Imagine that... "Battle scars" It'll be cool and such right until someone asks how the blood got there, hahah.

he could try to lye about it.
*manly voice* "well you see, i was lifting weight's and uuugh... they were not hollowed out properly and... uuuuh..."
~or~
"i got in a huge fight and bashed someones head on it." a little violent but i think it'll work.
Can you test it against 230, E230, and/or A230?
Here's the first round of testing:

W145 launched first on even launches, SA165 launched first on odd.
Parts swapped at round 11
Detail Results (Click to View)
SA165: 18 (18 OS, 0 KO)
W145: 2 (2 OS, 0 KO)
SA165 Win %: 90.0%

I don't honestly know what happened when W145 won, since both Beyblades would either stop spinning at the exact same time or SA165 would win by a mile. There are a lot of ties because I re-did KOs and counted the KOs as ties. From these tests alone I would want to use SA165 instead of W145 for my Stamina types.

I'm doing tests of SA165D vs. TH220D now, and so far they seem very closely matched with SA165 with the slight lead.
(Sep. 03, 2012  5:35 AM)Ingulit Wrote: Here's the first round of testing:

W145 launched first on even launches, SA165 launched first on odd.
Parts swapped at round 11
Detail Results (Click to View)
SA165: 18 (18 OS, 0 KO)
W145: 2 (2 OS, 0 KO)
SA165 Win %: 90.0%

I don't honestly know what happened when W145 won, since both Beyblades would either stop spinning at the exact same time or SA165 would win by a mile. There are a lot of ties because I re-did KOs and counted the KOs as ties. From these tests alone I would want to use SA165 instead of W145 for my Stamina types.

I'm doing tests of SA165D vs. TH220D now, and so far they seem very closely matched with SA165 with the slight lead.

Added this to the OP. Thank you Ingulit
hey can u do Duo SA165MB vs Duo 230MB?
(Sep. 04, 2012  12:09 AM)JesseObre Wrote: hey can u do Duo SA165MB vs Duo 230MB?

I only have 1 duo
Gotta say, these are some interesting results.
I was right in my mind with SA165 vs. lower attackers, yay, haha.
It's really hard to tell if this or W145 is better in terms of stamina, since they're at different heights...
Could you do some comparative spin times between W145 and SA165 Ingulit?
Something like Phantom/Duo Cancer ___WD will do.
It's hard to read how good a part is when it has a unique height lol, but thanks for making the much needed thread for it. We're not getting enough people doing the standard battery of tests for new parts lately, which makes it incredibly hard to decipher the game at the moment. Combos are nice, and I know I've previously advocated that combo testing is more relevant because we use combos, not parts, but parts testing is in a wretched state right now and it makes the game extremely hard to interpret if you don't have the parts yourself. We can't even direct people who want to know about parts testing to search for "[partname] discussion" because those threads still don't exist for a whole lot of new stuff, despite them being around for months.

Anyway, rant over, here's what I want to see for SA165:

If I don't list a tip, it means use whatever is most appropriate for the combo

Stamina:
SA165 with various tips - D, PD, WD, EWD, W2D, SWD, SD, MB, etc etc - we need to work out what works best somehow. I'm not entirely sure how to go about it, however. Solo spin testing only tells part of the picture and the best tip might be different against different height opponents (that's something barely ever mentioned that goes for all tracks, but the tip shape affects how well a blade does when hit from different angles). Bleh.

SA165 vs TH170/195/220
SA165 vs W145
SA165 vs 230D/MB
SA165 vs BD145EDS (as well as defensive comparison against an attacker that won't just 20-0 both)
SA165 vs LTSC
SA165 vs 160 - PD Solo Spin Test comparison would be nice too.
(Stamina Combos for all of the above)

SA165RDF vs E230/BD145CS&RDF - I want to see if SA165RDF can OS BD145CS and E230CS, as well as RDF just in case they improve the others a lot.

Always remembering to swap wheels half way through due to variation. If wheel swap makes a noticeable difference, you should consider using something else, even if it means using pre-4d parts.

Defense:
Comparison between SA165 (Both Modes) and E230, BD145.

Attack: I don't know, really, but it should be tested, mainly against E230 though some tests against other things if it works would be nice.
For attack Flash/Phantom ____ S165MF should be tested.