Rule Clarifications

Except, if a stadium gets broken we don't have a backup, and, frankly, I'm not shelling out 50 bux because some carp wants to use his cruddy combo.

TBH, I need a committee member to answer my questions, s'yeah.
(Jun. 03, 2011  4:37 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: #1 "The opposing Beyblade breaking or separating ends the BeyBattle and affords you an automatic win for the BeyBattle." (Standard rules v3.5 - Penalty conditions)

This rule is very clear if it happens inside the stadium. Game over dude, your bey got shredded.

However, I have seen several instances where battles were being done on tables, a beyblade gets knocked out of the stadium (intact), and then the tip pops off when it hits the floor. At the tournaments where this happened, the penalty quoted above was enforced and the blader got an automatic loss because his beyblade hit concrete from 4 feet off the ground.

I would like to see this rule amended to something like this:

"The opposing Beyblade breaking or separating inside the stadium ends the BeyBattle and affords you an automatic win for the BeyBattle."

Any intelligent judge should know that a break must happen in the stadium for it to really count. The ground/concrete caused the Beyblade to shatter, not really what happened in the stadium : if the ground had been foam, nothing would have happened.

What should have been declared is just that the opponent won because of the knock-out.

Arupaeo Wrote:#2 "If a Blader shoots too early or too late, the round immediately ends and the opposing Blader wins the round." (Standard rules v3.5 - Penalty conditions)

Many of our younger bladers frequently launch a bit early. For example they launch on "let" instead of "rip", or on "go" instead of "shoot". Part of the issue here may be less developed auditory/physical processing, and part of it may also be the varying cadence of the round callers.

Late launches have an advantage in stamina and in potentially targeting the opposing bey, but it appears to me that there is no clear advantage to launching early. So my suggestion would be that early launches not be penalized - so our youngest bladers aren't unduly discouraged by a penalty for an action that gives no unfair advantage.

If there are some advantages to launching early, I would be happy to revise my position and are curious as to what the advantage may be.

Thank you for taking the time to read and consider my suggestions!

It depends if they obviously do it on purpose. Usually, in tournaments, we stop the battle, let the player know that they launched too early or too late, and the match is redone. Sometimes, such issues happen just because both players did not know that the judge was going to say : "3, 2, 1 Go~ shoot!", if they were going to say "let it rip", how they were going to say it, etc.

th!nk Wrote:Would be nice to know, while it isn't banned, if I were to host a tourney, could I ban the Rev-Up Launcher? I strongly believe it gives an Unfair advantage to stamina/defence types, basically, it's a PTW in a launcher (doesn't work with left spins, it's impossible to use Attack types at it's full strength, as they just self KO, and Stamina/Defence gets a huge RPM boost compared to opposing attackers with a normal string launcher), and no one uses it correctly with the button or whatever anyway (mostly because the button never really works as it should).

Also, would banning MS and needing clearance by stadium owners for M145 combo's prevent officiality? BB-10 is expensive, and frankly, I don't think it's worth ruining the tourney/my stadium just so people can use horrible combo's/parts, given we've only got two TT attacks, and neither of the owners (myself and Own-Ray) want people using MS in them, at the least.

How do you shoot with the Rev-Up Launcher ? I used to do it well, but now I can barely make things spin, hah. If I can get it right, I will test to see if it really somehow disadvantages Attack types.
There should be two methods of shooting with the Rev-Up Launcher : you can either "rev it up" as it should be, or you launch like with a normal Beylauncher. However, that is the part that I cannot do correctly ...

Ah, I have never heard people complain that their stadiums were severely damaged because of those parts ... I do not know about the combination of M145 with MS, but it is still firm plastic, a few small jumps should not do much.
Many people have complained about MS damages stadiums if launched to high, and both me and the other stadium owner are uncomfortable. Mainly, the only tip I'm concerned about with m145 other than ms, is mf. If we lose a stadium or one of us doesn't feel comfortable, it'll be hard to run the tourney, and I really don't want to risk that for horrible combos (ms, m145mf/ms, neither are very useful).

As for the Rev Up, attack types are extremely difficult to control, it's too powerful, so they don't catch the tornado ridge. Even cs can be hard to control, but it's useable, and stamina types get the biggest boost. It has breaking issues and unreliability as it's downsides, but still, it's a similar kinda effect to using PTW in it's biases Uncertain Plus, it's right spin exclusive, and as the main attack combo's are left spin, it's even worse for them. Plus, the main right spin attack wheels are hard enough to control as is. Do remember that while the beylauncher appeared before the left version, it was unpopular due to many not knowing it's power/usefulness, so it wasn't a big issue. Plus, it's not a tt accessory fwiw.

It might be fine for hasbro's tourneys as their stadiums are hard to self ko in (as apparently if you can escape the pocket, it's not a ko Uncertain), but with TT stadiums, it's basically impossible to use the full power with attackers.
mmm, maby try banning using the rev up launcher as a string launcher, aka you must rev more than once and must use the button, i can do that quite well. at least ban using one rev. it's like using the launcher as a string launcher and acording to many players at "day of beys" should be considered a launcher modification. if this rule was in place i woukld have no prob, i can use the launcher perfectly the way it's supposed to. of cause all of it's down sides it shouldn't be completely banned.
Lol, it's hard to time it with that, but if someone can post a proper vid AND it's not overpowered/unfair, I have no issue. But, if it's still too powerful to be fair on attack types, I'm still gonna want a full ban. It's the same as banning a stadium for being unfair IMO.
if i filmed a battle at the beydays tournament in melbourn including me and the rev up launcher i could have posted that but no i don't have a vid. if i get a takara tomy stadium i would make one. it's not that overpowered, the deffence beys sometimes turn into attack types and use too much stamina before going deffencive, then stamina types also have their own recoil problems and the launcher makes more balence problems due to it's bulkyness and it's loseness at the hooks.
(Mar. 12, 2009  9:07 PM)NAP Wrote: What is considered a beyblade still spinning? I feel like we had this conversation before. I believe you said "If a beyblade is still making full revolutions it's considered spining.", right? But what if a Rock Bison is toppled over, but spins with it's final clutch? Or an EG blade starts spinning after it stops? Some people I battled considered that if your beyblade is on its side, then it's considered out.

I skimmed the rulebook right out, and I didn't catch anythin of the sort.

I know what you mean, say what if the Eternal Spike Performance keeps spinning wile the rest stops?

Another thing I dont get is if a bey was launched up into the air and stopped, when would it have stopped? When it hits the stadium or when it stopped in mid-air? Also, can you switch the direction of the quake performance tip between battles? If it is used with M145 it matters.
The bey itself is not completing a full rotation, so no, it'd be considered "stopped".

Oh, and with the rev up launcher thing, I pull it at a 90 degree angle to where the string goes in, if not more extreme (the side of my launcher had deep cuts in it from the string), and then use it like a normal beylauncher. It's not how it's "intended" to be used, but it's how most people use it, as using it properly is horrible. I'd probably be okay with the "intended/correct use" of it being clarified in the rules (I.E. Using the button etc.)
(Feb. 17, 2011  7:14 PM)♥ Wrote:
(Feb. 15, 2011  4:23 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: But the shells are technically identical, only aesthetically and ergonomically different.

I wouldn't say that makes them identical at all therefore, given the large Left Spin symbol.
That's only the middle plate. The top plate of each is identical in shape with the exception of some cross-hatching on the Beylauncher L and the bottom plates are exactly the same. The middle plate is the only thing that really differs with its "L" symbol.

However, if you were to say that the top plates cannot be exchanged because of that cross-hatching, does that means we can't swap top plates from a TT Beylauncher R with a Hasbro Beylauncher R because of the hexagonal shape on Hasbro's Beylauncher R?

Given that the top and bottom plates share no difference in "technical design", can those be swapped?
Um, is the Karabiner Grip legal?(I know, kind of a dumb question, but I just want to be sure because noone ever uses one, or at least I don't see it often)
(Jun. 10, 2011  9:21 PM)Nuff Wrote: Um, is the Karabiner Grip legal?(I know, kind of a dumb question, but I just want to be sure because noone ever uses one, or at least I don't see it often)
Yes. I have used it on occasion.
Okay, here's one.

Both bladers have attached their beys to the launcher. It's round one. If a blader is using CH120, TH170 or HF/S, now they can see their opponents combo better, can they change modes between that point and launch, or must they wait for the next round?

And, at what point does it become too late to do this? Start of the count, I'm guessing?
At any point is fine, typically, as long as you make it into the stadium on "rip" or "shoot". Just keep in mind that if two people have a change track and cannot make up their minds, the judge should call a stalling clause. If the judge does not call stalling clause, then obviously (s)he should not be judging.
is it legal to remove the lock inside the launcher??
(Jun. 19, 2011  2:02 PM)nik1392 Wrote: is it legal to remove the lock inside the launcher??
It is illegal.

Universal WBO Rules Wrote:Any modification of the Launcher or Launcher Grip that affects it in any way that is not
explicitly approved in the "Legal Modification" section of this guide
(Jun. 19, 2011  1:56 PM)Deikailo Wrote: At any point is fine, typically, as long as you make it into the stadium on "rip" or "shoot". Just keep in mind that if two people have a change track and cannot make up their minds, the judge should call a stalling clause. If the judge does not call stalling clause, then obviously (s)he should not be judging.

Thanks very much, yeah, the question sprung from reading about you and Bluezee's match. Seeing as I will be judging, I'll be active on the stalling clause, and I'll make sure the backup judges (for matches I'm involved in) are very well versed on it too. Frankly, I'm partial to the proposed "Double Blind Pick" as a default, but eh.
(Jun. 19, 2011  2:36 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jun. 19, 2011  1:56 PM)Deikailo Wrote: At any point is fine, typically, as long as you make it into the stadium on "rip" or "shoot". Just keep in mind that if two people have a change track and cannot make up their minds, the judge should call a stalling clause. If the judge does not call stalling clause, then obviously (s)he should not be judging.

Thanks very much, yeah, the question sprung from reading about you and Bluezee's match. Seeing as I will be judging, I'll be active on the stalling clause, and I'll make sure the backup judges (for matches I'm involved in) are very well versed on it too. Frankly, I'm partial to the proposed "Double Blind Pick" as a default, but eh.
Just dont call stalling clause immediately, but dont call it late either. Remember, that you have to say "stalling clause" in order for it to be official. If they turn around on their own accord or call it stalling clause amongst themselves, it is not stalling clause. This gives them the opportunity to deceive the other person, which makes game play interesting. However, when it becomes obviously that both players with neither try this nor fall for it, then you call stalling clause.

Be sure your judges check parts for wear before each battle, too. We have users here who have gone as far as hot gluing parts back together and expecting us to find that appropriate for us.
Don't worry, I think my disgression with stalling will work, training others will be interesting, though.

Good point with part wear, plus I must check for fakes. Ugh, life eould be simple if people were trustwprthy and honest.

I hope I get the 12 people for block round robin, so I'm not there forever, hah :p

Have you considered writing a full "judging/hosting guide"? Given you are one of the most experienced hosters and judges, and have seen almost everything one could imagine, you'd be able to write a truly excellent, all-encompassing guide.
Im going to write the entire guide on hosting, promoting along and sales with premade bracket sheets and other goodies by the end of the summer. Im just giving myself time to perfect my technique, in a sense, before I write it all up.

Dont do block round robin unless you have to. It gives you less battle than full round robin, which means a lower beypoint exchange. If you have more battles, it leaves more room for error (I.E. you have one off battle and need to make it up with more wins).

I doubt you will find fakes. You just have to worry about wear, mostly.
Well, I eagerly await it Smile

Hmm, really? I figured doing the huge number of battles (for the 11 confirmed attendees), would involve a hefty amount of work. Fairer yes, but a crazy amount of work Confused Worthwhile, in your opinion?

One user asked if fakes were allowed, so I will keep an eye on it, but yes, wear will be a priority.

Thanks for all the help, it's really great having someone like you around for advice Smile
(Jun. 20, 2011  3:13 PM)th!nk Wrote: Well, I eagerly await it Smile

Hmm, really? I figured doing the huge number of battles (for the 11 confirmed attendees), would involve a hefty amount of work. Fairer yes, but a crazy amount of work Confused Worthwhile, in your opinion?

One user asked if fakes were allowed, so I will keep an eye on it, but yes, wear will be a priority.

Thanks for all the help, it's really great having someone like you around for advice Smile
Its extremely worthwhile to do full over block. It gets you more socialization and experience, too. I always like to battle as many people as I can. Plus, it gets you closer to an Emerald face. Wink

Its obviously they are not. I think Basalt remakes are the only worries you might have.

Ah, feel free to PM me if you need to. Kei also has a mental library of good tips and tricks for hosting, but he is a modest guy so he doesnt brag about hosting like I do. :p
Hahaha, excellent point Tongue_out We're such a small community out here, but yeah, I'll see if we don't grow once we get stuff happening Tongue_out

Yeah, but the person asked, so I do worry they might be around now Uncertain Yeah, I'll be looking at basalt. I was considering getting some scales or something in case anything seemed odd weight wise, and for weighing, but I realised I have-a-no-money. Tongue_out

I'll keep that in mind, thanks so much Smile
Just tell everyone at the beginning of the tournament that if they use a fake, it is against the rules and will count as an automatic loss for every round they have used it in because it is not permitted. Once you announce that, they should all get the severity of it and not even attempt it.
Excellent idea. Thanks very much Smile