Rubber recoil testing

(Apr. 26, 2021  1:57 PM)USN Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2021  1:04 PM)g2_ Wrote: I have been arguing against some people that Brave Valkyrie's rubber decreases it's attack power, after doing some testing, I'm 99% confident it's true. I have a fake Brave Valkyrie and it's hits much harder both same spin and opposite spin. I feel like rubber only decreases recoil, which is why it worked so well on things like Lord Spriggan or Drain Fafnir. What do you guys? Could the legendery g2_ be wrong? Just kidding, of course I'm not wrong. I'm g2_. Ok, just kidding, seriously, what do you guys think?

you should change your control. A fake beyblade is not a good test subject. Saying rubber decreases recoil is correct but there is a trade off. The rubber on takara tomy products is so hard that it does not really matter except for one thing. Friction. Rubber increases friction which makes your bey hit harder because it is in contact for longer.

Even hard rubber deforms a bit on impact which reduces force of impact (remember - the same is true for plastic and metal, where a slope of the same angle will provide upper attack of plastic but upward smash if metal). Grip is something, but it really depends what you're aiming for, historically rubber was more useful in opposite spin as it let Meteo in mfb kinda just roll things out of the stadium. Admittedly I'm not sure how much of that translates to burst, mostly just wanted to point out the flex thing.

At the end of the day the best way to tell what's best will always be well controlled testing, though. Claims in the OP are somewhat pointless without properly controlled testing. "I think" does not 20 rounds make.

(Apr. 26, 2021  2:10 PM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: all the beys that should have soft rubber are:
Drain fafnir
Geist fafnir
wizard fafnir (the reason it bursts too much is because of the recoil and friction the soft rubber makes)
Spriggan Requiem
Judgement joker
Lord Spriggan
 The reason it bursts is because the teeth aren't exposed on the layer, like imperial this issure was fixed with the RB that has Wizard bahamut
(Apr. 26, 2021  2:47 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2021  2:44 PM)KerbeusKmie Wrote: How about Judgement,how can it be a meta layer back in GT if rubber makes it hit weaker? We have other layer Knockout,Slash,Ace,
As far as I know ,rubber have more friction, especially in same spin

Judgement's recoil is insane.

because of the rubber

(Apr. 26, 2021  3:01 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2021  2:54 PM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: but its a completely different kind of plastic

POM is also plastic, but it creates less friction than normal plastic
so just because its plastic, it does not mean they are the same

the materials used on fakes are different and you cannot use them to support your statement 
also
stop messing with fakes, they use lead on their metals
POM has less friction, you've just proved my point. Plus, rubber softens the blow. Based on your argument, if I fall on a rubber floor itll damage me just as much as Metal floor. More friction doesn't mean more attack power.

its how the rubber is shaped and how hard or soft it is for example dynamite f gear lessens recoil because the rubber somewhat soft and round but with brave the rubber will increase recoil because of how the rubber is shaped and usually very hard.

(Apr. 26, 2021  3:06 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2021  3:05 PM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: but the softer the rubber is the more recoil it has!!
That's not true, the fake hits harder. Jesus christ.

post of video of a battle between the fake and the real one then we can see if it hits harder or not
(Mar. 31, 2023  6:08 PM)beyfan453 Wrote:
(Apr. 26, 2021  2:47 PM)g2_ Wrote: Judgement's recoil is insane.

because of the rubber

(Apr. 26, 2021  3:01 PM)g2_ Wrote: POM has less friction, you've just proved my point. Plus, rubber softens the blow. Based on your argument, if I fall on a rubber floor itll damage me just as much as Metal floor. More friction doesn't mean more attack power.

its how the rubber is shaped and how hard or soft it is for example dynamite f gear lessens recoil because the rubber somewhat soft and round but with brave the rubber will increase recoil because of how the rubber is shaped and usually very hard.

(Apr. 26, 2021  3:06 PM)g2_ Wrote: That's not true, the fake hits harder. Jesus christ.

post of video of a battle between the fake and the real one then we can see if it hits harder or not
Bro, you are 2 years too late. I don’t have the fake anymore. Judgement is aggressive because of the shape, not the rubber.
(Apr. 01, 2023  2:00 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2023  6:08 PM)beyfan453 Wrote: because of the rubber

Bro, you are 2 years too late. I don’t have the fake anymore. Judgement is aggressive because of the shape, not the rubber.

Acually, the rubber is what makes judgment have so much recoil.
Nah, G2 is right (at least in what they're getting at) - judgment's shape, having actual forward angled contact points, is what gives it the power it is known for.

It is very important to remember for clarity of discussion that recoil is movement backwards as a result of impact, power/smash etc is how far you move the opponent. Recoil is almost always a bad thing and shouldn't be used as a term for attack power, particularly for clarity on things like this.

Rubber reduces the power of Judgment (which is why the harder-rubber Pro and Drago Valkyrie versions hit harder) but also reduces recoil, helping it not self destruct. I can pull the tests I did some time but the pro version of judgment was like 10-20% better just by having harder rubber, against some notable things like Tact.

The pro version has a nasty habit of just removing chunks of skin if it's moving fast though... The rubber is there to make it less dangerous while still allowing it to have powerful contact points.
I have a theory on why the plastic Brave could be hitting harder than the rubber one. I do agree that fakes are invalid for testing, but I still wanted to answer the question as best as I could. First, let’s compare Brave to Judgement. Brave has parts of the ring that are only connected by rubber (if you removed the rubber parts from a Takara Tomy Brave, you would have three blue wings.) However, Judgement doesn’t have this feature, so if you removed the rubber, you’d have one piece of plastic. This was part of Brave’s marketing, as the anime displayed the rubber as being able to absorb impact from the wall like God Valkyrie’s spring attack. However, the rubber didn’t have much of the same effect in real life due to the hardness of it. What I am saying is that making this rubber plastic could be making the attacks harder by connecting the three wings into one solid piece of plastic, reducing the small amount of absorption that the rubber had, like a much less noticable version of locking God Valkyrie’s bound blade. My conclusion is that rubber increases attack when it is connected to a part (rubber layered on top of a blade on the outside), but not when it is holding the part together (rubber going from the outside to the inside without plastic connection to both edges). I hope this theory made sense, and I’d like to clarify that I don’t view this as an absolute fact, but instead a theory I had that might be able to solve this.
Anything that flexes or shifts on impact is dissipating force by definition. The fact judgment models that have harder rubber hit harder demonstrates this clearly if one wants a practical example. The reason judgement hits hard is that it's an oval with relatively focused contact points - a design that is traditionally strong for attack compared to more conventional three winged designs. To ignore design and physics itself is misguided.
(Apr. 02, 2023  4:17 PM)th!nk Wrote: Nah, G2 is right (at least in what they're getting at) - judgment's shape, having actual forward angled contact points, is what gives it the power it is known for.

It is very important to remember for clarity of discussion that recoil is movement backwards as a result of impact, power/smash etc is how far you move the opponent. Recoil is almost always a bad thing and shouldn't be used as a term for attack power, particularly for clarity on things like this.

Rubber reduces the power of Judgment (which is why the harder-rubber Pro and Drago Valkyrie versions hit harder) but also reduces recoil, helping it not self destruct. I can pull the tests I did some time but the pro version of judgment was like 10-20% better just by having harder rubber, against some notable things like Tact.

The pro version has a nasty habit of just removing chunks of skin if it's moving fast though... The rubber is there to make it less dangerous while still allowing it to have powerful contact points.

Ah, I've always thought that it was the rubber that made it hit harder as its always been advertised as that. 

Also if its the oval shape that made judgment so good , wouldn't regalia genesis    be top tier for attack too since it has the kind of oval shape?
(Apr. 08, 2023  11:21 AM)DedZeY Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2023  4:17 PM)th!nk Wrote: Nah, G2 is right (at least in what they're getting at) - judgment's shape, having actual forward angled contact points, is what gives it the power it is known for.

Ah, I've always thought that it was the rubber that made it hit harder as its always been advertised as that. 

Also if its the oval shape that made judgment so good , wouldn't regalia genesis    be top tier for attack too since it has the kind of oval shape?

Yeah marketing do be like that.

It's not just the oval shape but you'll see it's one of the few parts with actually forward angled contact points, so it's a mix of both required to be successful, but even just a sharp corner can do it. If they didn't stagger on impact, the infinite locks would all be quite decent, and big bang genesis without the armor is like... Ok on some setups even with it.
Any chance the friction helps with bursting tho, or just overall slowing down opposing beyblades to get OS smash finishes? I guess you can compare Judgement to Mountain Hammer in plastics which is just a smash attack beast and that has no rubber at all (obviously).
I read the whole post from back to page 1 and my opinion is that g2_ is right and has a valid point, however, the others that argue against just have better points.
The material in fakes are, in my opinion not accurate for comparing and testing even if they look the same to the human eye. But I am not arguing that g2_ is wrong. He is most likely right, it's just that if he didn't use a fake it would become more accurate.