Rubber Ball Discussion

Actually we can use some Garbage metal wheels to test if RB tip is great, or it is just because the metal wheel.
No, we couldn't.

We can Maximum Optimization, on the other hand though, I wouldn't mind seeing this on Libra
Ladies and Gentlemen, rubber ball attack tests will be posted tomorrow. I'm back from vacation (barely ahead of the hurricane) and will get the stadium going later today and tomorrow!
I can do it too, now that I have Jade Jupiter.
OK, some Defense tests. Attack tests will come later.

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145RB VS VariAres S130RF
Standard Procedures
Basalt Kerbecs Win Rate - 80% (10KO, 6OS)
VariAres Win Rate - 20% (4KO)
1 Double KO

This is pretty impressive. VariAres usually couldn't do a thing to Basalt Kerbecs. I know S130 isn't the best Track for VariAres but I just got it and I wanted to try it out. On the double KO, VariAres flew 4 feet away, and Basalt Kerbecs flew 1 foot away. RB is a pretty good Bottom for Defense.
(Aug. 28, 2011  5:01 PM)Mr. N Wrote: VariAres usually couldn't do a thing to Basalt Kerbecs.

That is far from the truth.
(Aug. 28, 2011  5:08 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2011  5:01 PM)Mr. N Wrote: VariAres usually couldn't do a thing to Basalt Kerbecs.

um he meant in this context not generally. Anyway pretty immence results.
Was Vari Ares in Left or Right Spin?
(Aug. 28, 2011  5:10 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2011  5:08 PM)Dan Wrote:

um he meant in this context not generally. Anyway pretty immence results.

Lmfao whoops.
Maybe not on S130, no, BD145 is a whole different story.

I'm really confident in it because of ControL_ and myself using it, please try it out.
It was in right-spin because weak-launching can easily counter left-spin.

Unfortunately, I don't have a second BD145. Didn't Arupaeo (I think I spelt it correctly) already do BD145 tests?
Oh great, right when VariAres started getting an edge...

Hopefully VariAres Ch120 or BD145 does better against it. I honestly don't think RB getting amazing good results against VariAres is a good thing. If we put aside weak shooting, does VariAres do better in left spin?

I'd rather it be almost exactly like RS/RSF for defense
Okay then, hopefully Aurapeo puts up his tests too!
I can only get RB to move offensively on Hell and Basalt for a very short amount of time. I tried Lightning L-Drago BD145RB but it almost doesn't move at all.
I've got my attack results but too tired to put up tonight. Will post tomorrow. Sorry for the delay!
Rubber Ball Attack Tests

Neither VariAres nor Beat Lynx were able to maintain a flower pattern with any speed on rubber ball. As a result, both were completely ineffective against basalt kerbecs bd145 cs.

Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS vs. Vari Ares BD145RB (Right spin)
Basalt shot first
Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS 20/20 (20 OS, 0 KO)
Vari Ares BD145RB 0/20 (0 OS, 0 KO)
Vari Ares BD145RB wins 0%

Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS vs. MF-H Beat Lynx BD145RB
Basalt shot first
Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS 20/20 (20 OS, 0 KO)
MF-H Beat Lynx BD145RB 0/20 (0 OS, 0 KO)
MF-H Beat Lynx BD145RB wins 0%

Rubber Ball Defense Tests

Basalt Kerbecs BD145RB vs. Basalt Kerbecs BD145RSF
alternating shots
Basalt Kerbecs BD145RB 6/20 (4 OS, 2 KO)
Basalt Kerbecs BD145RSF 14/20 (14 OS, 0 KO)
2 ties were reshot
RB wins 30%

The RSF combo had some movement in the stadium that left it open to the odd KO, but otherwise it was a pretty clear advantage to RSF.

Basalt Kerbecs BD145RB vs. Basalt Kerbecs BD145RS
alternating shots
Basalt Kerbecs BD145RB 10/20 (10 OS, 0 KO)
Basalt Kerbecs BD145RS 10/20 (10 OS, 0 KO)
4 ties were reshot
RB wins 50%

Basically the bey shot first lost in this match up. RS had very little movement at all in the stadium - but RB did. For this particular combo I think that I would stick with RS as the lack of movement makes it less vulnerable to KO.

Tomorrow and Thursday I will take a look at some attack and defense match-ups that incorporate left spin beys and some (relatively) lighter combos to see if the weight of basalt bd145 is masking some performing attributes that might surface under other conditions.
If you could compare it's speed to one rubber bottom, which one would it be? RSF?

Thanks for the tests!
(Aug. 31, 2011  5:23 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: If you could compare it's speed to one rubber bottom, which one would it be? RSF?

Thanks for the tests!

Interesting question. Obviously it behaves a lot more like metal ball than any particular rubber bottom, but yes, I'd say that RSF is probably the most similar rubber bottom as far as speed is concerned.

And its my pleasure! Sorry its taken so long.

Where are the other rubber ball owners?? We need your tests as well!
Thanks for the tests!Helped me so much.
Wow what a suprise it has no attack power. Anyway why would you test test defence against other defence combos? Seems really pointless to me.
Even so, why would you use BD145 attacker vs. Basalt BD145? The BDs would connect.
I didn't even bother testing RB for Attack since the moment I launched it into the stadium, it just sank down into the center. I have RB, and I'll do more tests today.
(Aug. 31, 2011  10:30 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: Wow what a suprise it has no attack power. Anyway why would you test test defence against other defence combos? Seems really pointless to me.

(Aug. 31, 2011  3:13 PM)Dan Wrote: Even so, why would you use BD145 attacker vs. Basalt BD145? The BDs would connect.

The point of the defense testing was to compare the relative stamina of RB vs Rs and RSF holding all else constant. It generally doesn't matter if its BD touching BD or basalt touching basalt or earth touching earth - as long as the only variation between the two beys is the bottom.

Furthermore, defense vs defense is as valid a test as any other when taken from the standpoint of tournament preparation. You don't know for sure what your opponent will be using, and you are as likely to face a defense combo as any other. Therefore, it is very useful to know that RSF beats RB on an extremely common basalt combo. All else being equal, I would then choose RSF over RB on my combo if I thought there was a significant chance that I would either be facing an attack combo or a defense combo.
(Aug. 31, 2011  3:37 PM)Mr. N Wrote: I didn't even bother testing RB for Attack since the moment I launched it into the stadium, it just sank down into the center. I have RB, and I'll do more tests today.

You need to launch RB hard with a string launcher to get significant movement using either flat or sliding shoot. The fastest overall movement comes from a flat launch which produces a tornado-stall-like behavior from RB, but the sliding shoot does give you maybe 1.5 powerful passes in the flower pattern before slowing down significantly.
It's a rubber bottom. There is very little point in testing how it's stamina is. Defensive tests are way more interesting. I've generally never seen a defence combo in any of my tourneys that i've gone to let alone defence vs defence. Also if you thought a bit about it you'd realize that RB has a much wider surface area so it will definitely have worst stamina of all rubber defence bottoms.
Disappointing, defensibly with Attack.

Ah well, I really didn't expect much of that anyways, I would think still Lightning would Attack, Uncertain