Ronin Zirago 85 RF

Yep, majority win against one of the better Limited defense combos. Not bad!
I will test more soon and i think this should be added the the Limited Format Competitive Combos List. I think this is a great combo.
really interesting results. I should test it and compare with my own Zirago Dark Knight Combo. it was probably more agressive then mine. Nice combo!
So just an update: probably within the next 2 weeks I'm going to be doing a boatload of testing on this guy, so if anyone would be willing to help, shoot me a PM so I can "recruit" some volunteers, haha.

I'll do a video, if anyone else could, that'd be great, too. Thanks guys. Tongue_out
I do a little 10 rounds(to not worn out my rubber tips) test with dark knight zirago. I replaced RF by LRF because my LRF is in better condition then my RF.

Dark Knight Zirago 85LRF VS MF-H Libra GB145RSF(RSF non-agressive)

Zirago wins: 7/10 (7 OS, 3 KO)
Libra wins: 3/10 ( 0 OS, 3 KO)

Zirago win %: 70%
I tried MSF-H Ronin/Dark Knight Killerken Kraken [Crystal-Up Mode] 85R2F a couple days ago for the first time and was really impressed with its performance. Why is nobody else using this combo with a MSF(-H), though?

Also, has anybody considered trying GCF in addition to RF/R2F/LRF to make a kind of aggressive spin-stealer? I had some success KO'ing Scythe Pegasis 230TB (not much of a surprise), but I can't remember how well it did against MF-H Bakushin Gasher 85RSF, or if I even tried that matchup... My hope would be that it could possibly outspin whatever it can't KO, namely most Defense types.
(Dec. 16, 2014  3:39 AM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: I tried MSF-H Ronin/Dark Knight Killerken [Crystal-Up Mode] 85R2F a couple days ago for the first time and was really impressed with its performance. Why is nobody else using this combo with a MSF(-H), though?

Also, has anybody considered trying GCF in addition to RF/R2F/LRF to make a kind of aggressive spin-stealer? I had some success KO'ing Scythe Pegasis 230TB (not much of a surprise), but I can't remember how well it did against MF-H Bakushin Gasher 85RSF, or if I even tried that matchup... My hope would be that it could possibly outspin whatever it can't KO, namely most Defense types.

Good to hear you had a nice experience with it. Tongue_out

I haven't tried GCF (since this was mainly an attempt with rubber Attack tips), but my only concern with that would be potential scraping and easily getting knocked out, with such a wide, jagged-edged tip. Definitely a neat idea, I'll have to try it out.

(Dec. 16, 2014  3:05 AM)loyd87 Wrote: I do a little 10 rounds(to not worn out my rubber tips) test with dark knight zirago. I replaced RF by LRF because my LRF is in better condition then my RF.

Dark Knight Zirago 85LRF VS MF-H Libra GB145RSF(RSF non-agressive)

Zirago wins: 7/10 (7 OS, 3 KO)
Libra wins: 3/10 ( 0 OS, 3 KO)

Zirago win %: 70%

Thanks for testing, I'll add them to the OP soon.

Happy to see the good results against such a heavy opponent.
yes I was impressed myself hah but I noticed some spin steal with-out MSF-H but have a better force smash with it so may be it depends on what you want to do with it. but with no MSF it works really great itself even if it face an heavy defense combo like Libra. may be the RSF of libra miss a little stamina hum... may be I would try some variation for Libra against ronin/Dark Knight...
(Dec. 16, 2014  3:39 AM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: I tried MSF-H Ronin/Dark Knight Killerken Kraken [Crystal-Up Mode] 85R2F a couple days ago for the first time and was really impressed with its performance. Why is nobody else using this combo with a MSF(-H), though?

I've been using a MSF-H whenever I use it, idk about anyone else though.

I really need to get some testing done, but I am super busy with exams and projects lately... end of the semester and all that.
Oh I just see that but my post results have some minor errors hah I write 3 KO on Zirago but it's impossible because it have 7 OS hum I must redone to be sure of what kind of results having. for sure ronin win 7 times on 10 Confused arf may be after xmas i'll redone this test. may be a more accurate test like 20 rounds.
Finally got around to some tests!

Benchmark:
MF Earth Cygnus GB145RSF vs MF Lightning L-Drago 85RF
Lightning: 14 KO, 1 OS (75%)
Earth: 2 KO, 3 OS (25%)
Detailed results:

Tests:
MF Earth Cygnus GB145RSF vs MSF-H Ronin Zirago [Crystal Up] 85RF
Ronin: 14 KO, 1 OS (75%)
Earth: 1 KO, 4 OS (25%)
Detailed results:

Notes:
Ronin is much more of a one-hit-KO style of attacker; it needs to land a strong hit early on or it will lose a lot of Stamina quickly and lose. It is not as effective at spin-stealing as Lightning, though that shouldn't be a huge concern for an Attack type. I would say that Ronin rewards skilled Bladers more than Lightning does; an inexperienced Blader or someone struggling with their Sliding Shoot will do better with Lightning than Ronin, but an experienced Attack-type user can make good use of Ronin's raw power and land one-hit KOs consistently to greater effect than they could with Lightning. I can't see any reason not to include Ronin LTAC on the top-tier list. It is at least comparable to Lightning, from what I can tell, and in the hands of an experienced Blader, it could be even better.
that's confirmed what I thought about the MSF-H on this combo. it limited it's out spin powers.
(Dec. 26, 2014  11:29 PM)X_C00L_R4NCH_X Wrote: Finally got around to some tests!

Benchmark:
MF Earth Cygnus GB145RSF vs MF Lightning L-Drago 85RF
Lightning: 14 KO, 1 OS (75%)
Earth: 2 KO, 3 OS (25%)
Detailed results:

Tests:
MF Earth Cygnus GB145RSF vs MSF-H Ronin Zirago [Crystal Up] 85RF
Ronin: 14 KO, 1 OS (75%)
Earth: 1 KO, 4 OS (25%)
Detailed results:

Notes:
Ronin is much more of a one-hit-KO style of attacker; it needs to land a strong hit early on or it will lose a lot of Stamina quickly and lose. It is not as effective at spin-stealing as Lightning, though that shouldn't be a huge concern for an Attack type. I would say that Ronin rewards skilled Bladers more than Lightning does; an inexperienced Blader or someone struggling with their Sliding Shoot will do better with Lightning than Ronin, but an experienced Attack-type user can make good use of Ronin's raw power and land one-hit KOs consistently to greater effect than they could with Lightning. I can't see any reason not to include Ronin LTAC on the top-tier list. It is at least comparable to Lightning, from what I can tell, and in the hands of an experienced Blader, it could be even better.

Wow, great results. Thanks for that, Cake/Cool Ranch.

It's great to hear your positive opinions on Robin LTAC, as well. I have to agree with your comparison to Lightning- in some cases, I also believe it may be better.