[Roanoke, VA, 2/6/16] Beyblade: Star City Assault @ Star City Anime 2016

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: H1EE76v.png]

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 6
Star City Anime - Roanoke, VA
Panel Room 1 - Holiday Inn
BURST FORMAT

10AM: Beyblade Freeplay
11:30AM: Registration for BEYBLADE: STAR CITY ASSAULT
12PM - BEYBLADE: STAR CITY ASSAULT Start

REGISTER NOW

The WBO is proud to announce that we will be partnering with Star City Anime 2016 for the first time to host Beyblade: Star City Assault. This is event will feature the new Beyblade Burst format, and new Beyblade products imported straight from Japan will be for sale at the convention. After the main tournament, stick around for our Survivor-inspired series of side events to win an awesome prize!

What's Beyblade Burst?
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at our Beyblade Channel In-Depth Review Video covering it, the Bey News Thread, or the Beyblade General Forum.

[Image: hSC9Tqh.gif]

Don't forget - the Awakening Amaterios Prize Campaign has begun!

Prove your strength as a Blader by winning the most consecutive battles in a WBO Burst-format tournament to win an exclusive Face, the Shard of Amaterios. Collect 3 Shards of Amaterios to awaken the legendary Beyblade Amaterios Aero Assault and claim it as your own!

[Image: 1t5B3do.png]

The WBO won’t stop at just Beyblade: Star City Assault! On top of the main event, the WBO will also be hosting the side event, Survivor Beyblade! Inspired by the reality game show, Survivor Beyblade will consist of several Immunity Challenges, with one awesome prize being awarded to the winner at the end. Here's the lineup:

Plastics Puzzle
Go Burst or Go Home
Beyblade Race
MFB Shuffle Shootout
Beat the Clock
BeyWheelz Bowling
Blindfold Brawl
Hand-to-Hand-Spin Combat

Not sure if you should attend?
Take a look at some video from previous tournaments and see what you'd be missing. Wink

Entry: You need a Star City Anime Pass!
A Blader Passport is not required for this tournament, as the WBO does not charge entry fees for convention events. However, if you want to support the WBO so we can host even better tournaments with even better prizes in the future, and participate in the BeyPoints ranking System in future tournaments, then you will need one! So, if you wish to purchase one at the tournament, that is still possible.

To participate in the tournament, you currently have a few options to gain entrance: a) a weekend pass or b) a day pass for Saturday at Star City Anime. Weekend Passes are available for purchase below.

PURCHASE TICKETS HERE

Please note that children from 7 to 12 can get a weekend badge for $10 off the price for adults.
Click here for more information about online registration for Star City Anime 2016.

Although Star City Anime is mostly anime, with some awesome anime voice actors and cosplay guests, it's also about comics, sci-fi, videogames, and more. Whether you're into Doctor Who (like me), vampires, comic books, or anything else, you'll be sure to find it at Star City.

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the festivities as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!

[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade [Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization

Spread the word!
#STARCITYANIME #BEYBLADEBURST #WBO

Think you can make it? Post here!
If you think you'll be able to make it out to Beyblade: Star City Assault, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees:
  1. Angry Face
  2. Morkad
  3. Copper Spark
  4. KinglyManners
  5. blakedude1
  6. TitanTactic7

Possible Attendees:
  1. Stormscorpio1
  2. IOnlyUseQuake
  3. Thunder Dome
  4. ZachBob

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

omg that looks AWESOME! also lol nice touch ( the *burst* awakens XD ) looks very promising
Wow, I was going to say put me on as a maybe, but somehow Roanoke is nearly 3 hours fron Richmond and I don't have a car of my own. Ah well, the event looks awesome in any case—will try to catch a ride if anyone I know ends up attending.
Is there no Saturday only pass option?
Saturday Passes are only available for $25.
due to work, gods only know if I could be able to attend, are at the door passes gonna be available?
(Jan. 11, 2016  2:49 AM)seanjohn37683 Wrote: due to work, gods only know if I could be able to attend, are at the door passes gonna be available?

On Saturday? Most likely.
So awesome! Best of luck!
Oh wow this looks pretty nooice! Angry you can add me as a strong maybe.
I actuallygot a starcity anime pamphlet when I attended otakon two years back. Glad to see that we got something going here, haha.
Would anybody attending this event also like to pick up a WBO t-shirt? If yes, PM me your size and color preferences!
Burst products are in! These will be for sale on tournament day:
  • B-01 DX Starter Valkyrie Wing Accel - $25 (3x)
  • B-11 Launcher Grip - $10 (2x)
  • B-13 Booster Valkyrie Spread Survive - $10 (3x)
  • B-14 Starter Wyvern Armed Massive - $20 (2x)
  • B-15 Random Booster Trident Heavy Claw - $10 (1x)
  • B-16 BeyLauncher - $10 (1x)
  • B-17 Booster Odin Central Blow - $10 (5x)
  • B-18 Launcher Grip Red/White - $10 (1x)
  • B-18 Launcher Grip Blue/Dark Blue - $10 (1x)
  • B-18 "Starter" Valkyrie Wing Accel + Light Launcher - $15 (1x)
  • B-18 "Starter" Spriggan Spread Fusion + Light Launcher - $15 (1x)
Prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places will also be pulled from this lot!

And Survivor Beyblade's prize will be...

Announced later. Eee
Throw me on the maybe list, this seems like a really cool event!
(Jan. 24, 2016  6:52 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Throw me on the maybe list, this seems like a really cool event!

You'd only make it better! We could always do with a little more pepper.
I'm sorry, but I can't join this event. One is that my dad is not willing to driving 3 hours to get their again. The event sounds like a blast, but I can't join. When an event is somewhere closer, like Richmond, I'll definitely join if my family doesn't have plans on that day.
*sigh* i really wanted to attend this but my parents are saying that I cant come D: sorry guys
(Jan. 25, 2016  5:10 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote: I'm sorry, but I can't join this event. One is that my dad is not willing to driving 3 hours to get their again. The event sounds like a blast, but I can't join. When an event is somewhere closer, like Richmond, I'll definitely join if my family doesn't have plans on that day.

(Jan. 25, 2016  5:12 PM)raiyanblader Wrote: *sigh* i really wanted to attend this but my parents are saying that I cant come D: sorry guys

Bummer. Unhappy Hopefully you guys can make it out to the next one.
Add me as a maybe! I'm currently trying to get off work for this day. Grin
(Jan. 25, 2016  10:16 PM)ZachBob Wrote: Add me as a maybe! I'm currently trying to get off work for this day. Grin

Gotcha! You won't wanna miss this. Tongue_out
can you tell me the price of the tournament
(Jan. 28, 2016  5:56 PM)pegasis44 Wrote: can you tell me the price of the tournament

This event has no WBO tournament entry fee, but it's necessary to purchase either a Star City Anime Saturday pass for $25 or weekend pass for $35 to participate in the tournament and side event.
Can I use metal fusion to shogun steel

Not to be rude

If not then I can't enter I don't have ant burst

And what day does the tournement
(Feb. 03, 2016  7:12 PM)linkbros21 Wrote: Can I use metal fusion to shogun steel

Not to be rude

If not then I can't enter I don't have ant burst

And what day does the tournement

Hey,

If the tournament format is Burst, then unfortunately only products released as part of the Beyblade Burst series since June 2015 can be used. However, just because you do not own any of those Beyblades does not mean that you cannot participate in this tournament : there will assuredly be people there who can lend you good combinations for you to use throughout the event. You just give them back once the tournament is over, of course.

We hope to see you at this event, it is set to be awesome !
Thanks so much for the video, Zankye! (Great shirt too!)

Some updates will be coming in the next couple days, so stay tuned, everyone!