Rise Driver Testing

So from what I've tested on rise - Dynamite Ragnaruk(F-Gear), 6,  Nexus, Rise - it's honestly very good for spin steal equalization against lefts and for drawing out battles against rights. here are some of my battles against attack combinations.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dynamite Ragnaruk(F-Gear), 6, Nx, Rs.
      VS
Mirage Fafnir, 2B, Ev'

Results: 4-0 (Won By Spin Finishes)
Win Rate: 100%
So even when Dynamite Ragnaruk got knocked around and lost a bunch of stamina, it still somehow won every battle. This might be due to the F-Gear.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dynamite Ragnaruk(F-Gear), 6, Nx, Rs.

VS
Judgement Joker, 0Hit, Ev'

Results: 4-0 (Won By Spin Finishes)
Win Rate: 100%
I'm honestly not too surprised it won due to the fact that Dynamite is way heavier since it's a DB bey. It was able to withstand even the really big hits from Joker so imo it did really well.

Any comments?
I've used the rise driver in tournaments and I will say that in dealing with attack types, it's one of if not THE best at dealing with them of the top tier LAD drivers. It is able to use the wider base to grip the stadium to either crash directly with and opposite spin attack type, or chase a same spin attack type. When doing stamina battles, the driver is prone to Self KO so you have to get used to launching at an angle to hit the opposing Beyblades to lower your own momentum. With attack types, I think depending on the opponent's launch style, you can either hard launch flat, light launch flat, angle, or anything else.

PS: if you do/did same spin testings, I'm sure that the rise driver would be edged out by Higher tiers like bearing, HXtend+', Never, and Moment, while drawing or beating Zone'+Z, Drift, Mobius and so on.

Good luck with any other testing you do!
(Jun. 18, 2022  11:37 PM)Plot Armor Wrote: I've used the rise driver in tournaments and I will say that in dealing with attack types, it's one of if not THE best at dealing with them of the top tier LAD drivers. It is able to use the wider base to grip the stadium to either crash directly with and opposite spin attack type, or chase a same spin attack type. When doing stamina battles, the driver is prone to Self KO so you have to get used to launching at an angle to hit the opposing Beyblades to lower your own momentum. With attack types, I think depending on the opponent's launch style, you can either hard launch flat, light launch flat, angle, or anything else.

PS: if you do/did same spin testings, I'm sure that the rise driver would be edged out by Higher tiers like bearing, HXtend+', Never, and Moment, while drawing or beating Zone'+Z, Drift, Mobius and so on.

I actually just bought Vanish Fafnir and it arrived today. Would you think Rise to be a good driver for it?
Replacing Kick with Rise will make it a pretty solid combo for opposite spin. Its a good driver pick although you will have to be weary of same spin matchups.
(Jun. 19, 2022  4:23 AM)Nichi Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2022  11:37 PM)Plot Armor Wrote: I've used the rise driver in tournaments and I will say that in dealing with attack types, it's one of if not THE best at dealing with them of the top tier LAD drivers. It is able to use the wider base to grip the stadium to either crash directly with and opposite spin attack type, or chase a same spin attack type. When doing stamina battles, the driver is prone to Self KO so you have to get used to launching at an angle to hit the opposing Beyblades to lower your own momentum. With attack types, I think depending on the opponent's launch style, you can either hard launch flat, light launch flat, angle, or anything else.

I actually just bought Vanish Fafnir and it arrived today. Would you think Rise to be a good driver for it?
I would say that rise isn't the best idea as a driver to put on vanish. I personally like using rise with either right spin with bellial II(burst stopper) or the newer valkyrie core molds(Good teeth and spring load to cushion impact), as well as left spin on the roar blade(I've made a video on why roar is so hard to burst right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW5gXRE9sZ4). I feel like vanish excels in same spin and opposite spin, but the burst resistance is not as prominent which is an issue when getting to the rise driver as its spring isn't the strongest, as well as there not being many other cores that fit well with rise for left spin(you could use Longinus, but I think you might want it for something else such as on guilty for extra weight). 

I'm not saying that the combo with vanish fafnir/longinus is bad, just that there are some burst risk factors at play especially when facing guilty.
(Jun. 19, 2022  5:49 PM)Plot Armor Wrote:
(Jun. 19, 2022  4:23 AM)Nichi Wrote: I actually just bought Vanish Fafnir and it arrived today. Would you think Rise to be a good driver for it?
I would say that rise isn't the best idea as a driver to put on vanish. I personally like using rise with either right spin with bellial II(burst stopper) or the newer valkyrie core molds(Good teeth and spring load to cushion impact), as well as left spin on the roar blade(I've made a video on why roar is so hard to burst right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW5gXRE9sZ4). I feel like vanish excels in same spin and opposite spin, but the burst resistance is not as prominent which is an issue when getting to the rise driver as its spring isn't the strongest, as well as there not being many other cores that fit well with rise for left spin(you could use Longinus, but I think you might want it for something else such as on guilty for extra weight). 

I'm not saying that the combo with vanish fafnir/longinus is bad, just that there are some burst risk factors at play especially when facing guilty.

I just watched the video and tbh I can kinda understand where you're coming from with Roar. I can't necessarily say I'd use it in competitive since you'd also have to factor Over and Stamina finishes, which other left blades like Guilty or Vanish (even Astral) excel in. I'd use roar maybe for battling against friends are just to include it in my deck.
I like rise quite a bit so I’d like to state my opinions and experience from battles with it.
First off, I have 3 of them. A super-worn one (basically flat), a semi-worn one (at the sweet spot, kinda like a semi-flat), and a fresh one
I use rise on DVl(F).Ov.Rs.3 or DBl2(F).Ov.Rs.3
Personally I feel like rise’s opposite spin is a bit hyped up? It’ll mainly draw against things for the most part from what I can tell. I don’t have hxt+’ so I can’t say anything there but I have a worn br’, awakened mb, and worn drift.
My most worn one will beat bearing slightly more than bearing beats it, only if bearing falls over a split second earlier though. If it doesn’t it’s a draw. Sometimes bearings shaft will slide over rise but that’s very rare as rise’s plate doesn’t really tip over if the tip is worn enough.
Against mobius it’s just endless draws since both are worn to the point that neither tilt, or they take eachother down.
Against drift it’s also endless draws but drift pulls out some extra rotation when rise tilts over sometimes.
In same spin I don’t have 2 dynamite f gear blades to test against, so to even it out a bit I use prominence Belial2 giga bearing’ 0 and dynamite(f)Pheonix over rise 3. I tried cyclone but it’s just to easy to knock around, I think because of its 2 big hook like points. And astral is to recoily on a bearing’ combo. The worn one is better for quick KO’s if bearing gets near the edge, and it can also knock it around but prominence is big so when it comes to the end of a battle it causes rise on its side and the plate slows rise’s spin. If I use my semi-worn rise though, it’ll be able to win by stamina more clearly. I can also launch the semi-worn one directly in the center without it going around (with a proper bank) or choose to do a bank. So it’s more versatile in same spin but it’s a teensy bit worse in opposite and will ride the ridge a bit slower.
I haven’t tested too much against attack as my only rubber KO attack driver, quick’ is getting worn, but from what I’ve done on valkryie1 dynamite gets obliterated. With belial2 it obviously doesn’t and you have to launch hard. Against guilty you’ll meet it and hit eachother hard, which will slow down its impact. Of course if you collide near a pocket there’s a chance you or guilty could KO but that’s just up to luck. Against savior a bank launch works a bit better because by the time you speed around the ridge savior is a bit slower and is easier to kill the spin of.
So overall I do think rise is a versatile driver, with its weaknesses being
-not knowing how to launch against same spin or attackers
-not being able to actually win in opposite spin (since it draws so much more than it wins)
-and the obvious stuff like dynamite(f) over bearing’ or vanish over drift
I feel like it takes some getting used to, to be able to like the driver or recognize its strengths. Also just to mention this, if you do have multiple copies of rise it’s added versatility to be able to choose which specific state of wear might be best for the battle you are about to be in. My flat rise is from wizard Fafnir that I got in 2019. And it just got flat I think 3 months ago. My second one I obviously used the muso stadium though, I don’t have THAT much time lol.
I’d love to hear anyone else’s thoughts or experiences with rise!