Ring Discussion

Out of all of the parts of the November releases, I thought Ring looked the most promising, so I decided to test it out a bit, more tests will follow, but first I wanted to see if it could help improve the reigning stamina king, Odin Heavy Defense. Please feel free to leave you comments, suggestions and tests below.

Equipment

Procedure

Odin Heavy Defense vs. Odin Ring Defense
Odin Heavy Defense: 10 wins (All SF)
Odin Ring Defense: 10 wins (All SF)
6 draw (All DSF)
Odin Ring Defense win percentage: 50%
Average clicks lost per round:
Heavy: 0.6
Ring: 0.45
Round by Round

This matchup was insanely hard to tell which was better. They seem almost completely equal. Usually, even if it is 10-10, you can visually tell who is better. Not this time. I would greatly appreciate if someone else could test this as well and tell us what you think about the match-up and if you can find a victor

Odin Heavy Defense vs. Odin Ring Survive
Odin Heavy Defense: 12 wins (All SF)
Odin Ring Survive: 8 wins (All SF)
7 draw (All DSF)
Odin Ring Survive win percentage: 40%
Heavy Defense: 0.85
Ring Survive : 0.25
Round by Round

Odin Heavy Defense vs. Odin Ring Claw
Odin Heavy Defense: 13 wins (All SF)
Odin Ring Claw: 7 wins (1 BF, 6 SF)
4 draws (All DSF)
Odin Ring Claw win percentage: 35%
Heavy Defense: 0.7
Ring Claw : 0.45
Round by Round

So, it seems so far, that Odin Heavy Defense remains the champ, the only one that is even questionable is Odin Ring Defense. If anyone has any thoughts as to what I should test next, please leave it in the comments below.
I just want to give you a recommendation : since the part we want to know about is Ring, it would make more sense to give the win percentage of the combinations that use it, no ? Since 2007, I have just always gone into a testing topic and expected the percentages to be related to the scrutinized part, not the staple/benchmark hah.

But of course, thank you for the tests regardless.
Zoroaste ring wasn't really intended for defencive purposes,it was intended for endurancive (that is now a word) purposes. so unless you were making a Defence/Stamina combo i don't think it has much purpose in defence,but it might have some benefits for attack types so try SRB,VRA,SRA,VRQ,and etc. but at least try SRB.
sorry if i was rambling/talking too much without much grammar
None of the combos tested above are really Defense-types. Odin Heavy Defense has the best stamina of any Beyblade right now.
Those are stamina (endurancive type) tests. If they were defense tests then they would be vs attack types.
Zoroaste, do you think you could do some Attack set ups on Ring and test them?
I'm think Valkyrie Ring Accel or Assault.
Yeah, that is the next logical step I guess, since it doesn't seem to be top tier for stamina. Maybe it could help balance out attack types, like Amaterios, or maybe it could make Valkyrie even better. It's kind of a long shot imo, becuase I think it will take away from the attack types hitting power significantly, but a shot worth taking nonetheless. In that light, it may be worth trying out on my proto Extreme, since, with Extreme, it will have more than enough attack power anyway. I will definitely play around with it at least and see if it is worth doing formal tests. Either way, I will post in here and let you guys know how it goes.
Umm, given that it goes 50/50 with Heavy (and lost less clicks), I'd say it does infact seem top tier for stamina. All your other tests just prove that Defense is the optimal stamina driver for Odin.
I meant in my other experiences, with other layers, it doesn't seem to be as good as Spread. I should have been more specific, I guess it still would be top tier if it is the same in Odin though. What does everybody else think about it?
Odin Ring Defense does not seem too bad, it does lose noticeably less click, which is interesting. ORD is on par with OHD and seems it will depend on who has the better launch.

I personally have not tried Ring, but it seems to be a disk with potential.

Would you be able to do some rounds comparing OHD with ORD against attack? Want to see which withstands it better and loses less clicks.

Thank you for these testings, Zoroaste! Smile
I've tried Ring quite a bit and from what I can tell it seems like a slightly easier burst Heavy. Though I don't have any written up official tests to prove it, I can say with confidence that though it allows good stamina, defense and attack the same as Heavy does it seems to make the layer "looser" or at the very least isn't heavy enough to provide a good barrier from being burst the same way that Heavy does.

Once I have more official tests and have written them up I'll post them.
(Dec. 18, 2015  8:04 PM)ClaraM Wrote: Once I have more official tests and have written them up I'll post them.

Cool, I think I can say we all appreciate it. To be honest, I am surprised that there is so little testing posted for the new parts introduced in the Custom Sets even though they were released quite a while ago.
(Dec. 18, 2015  8:04 PM)ClaraM Wrote: or at the very least isn't heavy enough to provide a good barrier from being burst the same way that Heavy does.

I don't own Odin or Ring yet, so I can't really support/deny what you're saying, but does this theory seem backward to anyone else?

If something (like Heavy) is heavier, shouldn't it give the Beyblade a lower Burst Defense? A heavy disk will with increasing the friction the Stadium Floor and increase the amount of force directed at unclicking the layer rather than moving the Beyblade (think of how a box full of books is more difficult to push than an identical yet empty box, more weight = more friction). Also more weight pushing down on the Driver spring will make it ever so slightly farther away from the Layer's Teeth and easier to unclick (this will probably become more noticeable when the weight variance in Disks increases).

I know Zoroaste (and maybe some other users) have said that Armed actually the hardest Disk to Burst, could that be due to its light weight?

EDIT: Expect a thread about this in more detail within a few days hopefully.
You may be on to something there. One thing I have noticed with Armed though, is that it seems very loose and wags a round a lot. I am thinking that this may have something to do with it's resistance to bursting. You know, if you think about it, it seems like it may be able to take some of the force from blows and absorb it by "wagging", as opposed to transferring that force directly into lost clicks. Maybe someone can explain this better than me. Lol. But hopefully you get the idea
This is generally agreed to be the theory behind why the prototype rubber driver someone made failed so badly and the homemade burst driger performed so well.
In having more grip with the stadium, proto-xtreme prevented the beyblade from being knocked back as far by hits, meaning that more force from attack when into twisting the layer, albeit putting more force into shifting the opponent too.
Similarly, burst driger could defend against attacks and be an excellent stamina/defense type because the slopes, while ineffectual for upper attack, created a non-level surface that allowed oposing beys to slip over and thus reduced the portion of the horizontal force actually acting on the layer.

Here we're talking about how every hit moves a chunk of metal, the heaviest part of the bey, by a few milimetres before letting it return to its normal position. That's not a lot of distance so, despite the weight, it's not a vast amount of force. Every little bit, however, could be the difference between having the specific burst requirement or not having it. If it takes a value of 4* to burst, 5 hits of 3.9 will still do nothing.

*no units so that people don't confuse this for a meaningful value.
Here's first set of Ring testings. I'll being doing more throughout the week, but I wanted to get this up real quick.

Odin Heavy Defense vs. Odin Ring Defense
Launches alternated every five rounds. Odin's swapped every five rounds.
Ring: 7/20 (ALL SF): 35% win rate.
Heavy: 13/20 (10 SF, 2 BF, 1 OF): 65% win rate.
Full Results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

My results reflect on Zoroaste's. It seems like it's quite hard to say which one is better for Odin Stamina. Depending on launches of certain in a tournament match, the outcome seems like it can be in favor of either, or.
@@[Zoroaste], can you test on attack type? like Valkrie Heavy Accel/Assault vs Valkrie Ring Accel/Assualt?

also can you do a solo spin test between OHD vs ORD?
Here are a couple more comparative testings with Ring. Like I experience with Odin Heavy Defense vs. Odin Ring Defense, the results don't right away say which one is better.

Deathscyther Heavy Defense vs. Deathscyther Ring Defense
Launches alternated every five rounds. Deathscythers swapped every five rounds.
Heavy: 10/20 (7 SF, 3 BF): 50% win rate.
Ring: 10/20 (ALL SF): 50% win rate.

Deathscyther Ring Accel vs. Odin Heavy Defense
Odin launched first all matches.
DRA: 13/20 (9 SF, 2 BF, 2 OF): 65% win rate.
OHD: 7/20 (5 SF, 2 BF): 35% win rate.

BENCHMARK - Deathscyther Spread Accel vs. Odin Heavy Defense
DSA: 9/20 (7 SF, 2 OF): 45% win rate.
OHD: 11/20 (8 SF, 3 BF): 55% win rate.

Overall, from what it seems, Ring is just about on par with Heavy paired with Defense, although results may be more accurate with two people testing rather than one. On Deathscyther stall, however, I feel despite how close the results were, Ring did a better job. While its' stall wasn't as ''clean'' as Spread's was, Ring made the combo better for attack and was able to KO and Burst Odin more consistently than Spread if it didn't stall.
(Dec. 24, 2015  3:51 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Here are a couple more comparative testings with Ring. Like I experience with Odin Heavy Defense vs. Odin Ring Defense, the results don't right away say which one is better.

Deathscyther Heavy Defense vs. Deathscyther Ring Defense
Launches alternated every five rounds. Deathscythers swapped every five rounds.
Heavy: 10/20 (7 SF, 3 BF): 50% win rate.
Ring: 10/20 (ALL SF): 50% win rate.

Deathscyther Ring Accel vs. Odin Heavy Defense
DRA: 13/20 (9 SF, 2 BF, 2 OF): 65% win rate.
OHD: 7/20 (5 SF, 2 BF): 35% win rate.

BENCHMARK - Deathscyther Spread Accel vs. Odin Heavy Defense
DSA: 9/20 (7 SF, 2 OF): 45% win rate.
OHD: 11/20 (8 SF, 3 BF): 55% win rate.

Overall, from what it seems, Ring is just about on par with Heavy paired with Defense, although results may be more accurate with two people testing rather than one. On Deathscyther stall, however, I feel despite how close the results were, Ring did a better job. While its' stall wasn't as ''clean'' as Spread's was, Ring made the combo better for attack and was able to KO and Burst Odin more consistently than Spread if it didn't stall.

as expected, Ring is better for attacks. by looking at Mitsu's test, i can say Ring add more stamina to attack combos then other disks [just look at DRA vs OHD, it outspin best stamina combination few times].

Ovarall it looks like Ring has lower recoil then Heavy [as in DHD vs DRD, DHD burst few times]

thanks for test Mitsu, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!