(Read OP) Username Discussion

(Feb. 17, 2014  10:04 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Alright, I've worked up a signature and everything.

So, do you guys think I should do it?

I'm mainly worried about 1) Trouble with recognition 2) Past posts referring to me as "TheBlackDragon," and 3) ... that's it actually.

I'm leaning towards changing it now, since the Sig I have worked up looks so unbelievably cool. XD
Im AZL and peeps can still call me that.
Just put #IUsedToBeTBD in your usertitle. TLK, read the OP rules.
Or, you know, not use hashtags. You can also leave your avatar up for a little while if you want, to help with recognition.
(Feb. 17, 2014  10:04 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Alright, I've worked up a signature and everything.

I'm mainly worried about 1) Trouble with recognition 2) Past posts referring to me as "TheBlackDragon," and 3) ... that's it actually.

I'm leaning towards changing it now, since the Sig I have worked up looks so unbelievably cool. XD

"Beyblade Freak." is generic, corny and very forgettable. I don't like it, and you're well known already. I don't think you should change it, but if you do, change it to something better.

(Feb. 18, 2014  3:47 PM)Dual Wrote: Or, you know, not use hashtags.

Also, this.

The Alchemist: The user who has the name L is an ancient account that has no posts, battles or anything and hasn't been logged into in years and years. May be worth asking Kai-V if the name could be freed up.
(Feb. 18, 2014  2:48 PM)Aquamarine Wrote:

sorry, It was a joke. I'll remove that part.

He could just put Previously TheBlackDragon under his future sig.
@Th!nk: I was talking about using " L " haha. I could ask Kai-V.

Hey also th!nk, do you think I should change it? Your opinon will count the most IMO 'cause your nearly always right, hah.
If you can get just L, then that would be a nice name to stick with - simple and memorable. Otherwise, I like The Alchemist (Alchemist would be better but again, taken by an old and unused account), it's memorable and not over the top.
(Feb. 18, 2014  5:39 PM)TheLibraKing Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2014  2:48 PM)Aquamarine Wrote:

sorry, It was a joke. I'll remove that part.

He could just put Previously TheBlackDragon under his future sig.
TLK, the problem is that ur not elaborating, that's all, it's ok to not elaborate once or twice though. Smile
Well, I accidentally hit the "update button" without realizing it, went about 10 minutes not knowing my name had changed, and then hooked up the Avatar/sig in a last-minute panic.

So, how is it? Guess I'm stuck with it now for at least a month...
I'm diggin' it, haha. I don't understand the copyright symbol, but otherwise it fits you well.

I'm thinking of changing mine to something beyblade related as well. Should I do that or change it back to Tri?
I think you'd be good with Tri TBH.

Turns out, I must've misspelled the name when searching, because the other day I double checked and the name was already taken, so I had to add something haha.
TriBlade would be awesome

My elaboration: "Tri" since it your old username and alot of ppl still call you Tri/PRO SEAGULL XD. "Blade" since obviously the beyblade related part. Plus, you can still keep the nickname "Tri" Smile
Yeah I'd just go back to Tri, it's what we all know you by at this point.

BeyBlade Freak©: The name looks better than I thought it would but I still prefer TheBlackDragon. :\
I know, it was an accident haha.

I had the tab up with the name typed out in the bar to see if it would fit, but I ultimately decided against it and deleted the tab. Lo and behold, a little while later I log into the main index and my name has changed. I don't know when, but I or one of my family members must have accidentally hit the button.

I had a sig/avatar mostly done from a couple days before when I was seriously considering the name, so I quickly finished and uploaded them, but I'm seriously regretting it.

I'm gonna ask a committee member if they can change me back today. Be careful pressing buttons guys...
You could just make your username TBD if you want that instead of TheBlackDragon. To be fair though, when I hear "TBD" I think "To be determined"

In my case I had Ga'Hooleone because I liked the books at the time and it was a neat pun (Ga'Hoole one came as a revelation afterward, it was supposed to be a Leone pun), but no one could spell it/care enough to type it so I use the shortened version instead.
(Feb. 19, 2014  1:40 PM)Beyblade Freak© Wrote: I know, it was an accident haha.

I had the tab up with the name typed out in the bar to see if it would fit, but I ultimately decided against it and deleted the tab. Lo and behold, a little while later I log into the main index and my name has changed. I don't know when, but I or one of my family members must have accidentally hit the button.

I had a sig/avatar mostly done from a couple days before when I was seriously considering the name, so I quickly finished and uploaded them, but I'm seriously regretting it.

I'm gonna ask a committee member if they can change me back today. Be careful pressing buttons guys...

Uh-oh. Too late. Somebody took your name Unhappy
I'm pretty sure generally if someone takes a name just to annoy another person it's frowned upon and staff will intervene. Don't know if they'd change an accidental name change back, but I'm pretty sure that in this case at least, it's pretty obvious someone's intentionally causing distress to another user, so something or other will hopefully be done...
(Feb. 19, 2014  6:05 PM)th!nk Wrote: I'm pretty sure generally if someone takes a name just to annoy another person it's frowned upon and staff will intervene. Don't know if they'd change an accidental name change back, but I'm pretty sure that in this case at least, it's pretty obvious someone's intentionally causing distress to another user, so something or other will hopefully be done...

This is why im never changing my name. The moment i do i know this would happen to me.
Yeah, I was actually surprised it didn't happen to me when I changed my name to Technocrat (which I still really like), given how many people I've ticked off over the years. It's definitely something to think about when considering changing your name, but generally courtesy and our attitude towards people being huge jerks should hopefully prevent any serious issues.

Accidental changes are why I preferred the idea of two name changes each month - or perhaps two every two months, same overall number, but people can change back. Perhaps not what the committee is aiming for but I'm also kinda uneasy about the fact people are marking the calendar with when they can change their name again the way things are... Oh well.
TBD/Bey Freak, you're so influential I can't see why no one would take it. no one has taken AZL: Yay!
It is definitely weird that someone inactive would take "TheBlackDragon" the very minute TheBlackDragon does not have it anymore after having clearly posted it was an accident ... I am working on it.
Nooo!

I sent the guy a PM asking if In could have my name back; seriously hope I can reason with him.

I apologize for any confusion this is causing anyone (especially V). I honestly had no idea I pushed the button until, well, however long I went without realizing it, and then I was all like "WHA...?!?!"

Hope the dude understands...
I talked to him (thats how I found out.) and he said he didn't know that you wanted to change it back, he said that he feels really bad about it.
I really don't know why he would change it though.

I thought his first username was hilarious. XD

EDIT: I'm back! Thanks Kai-V, I owe you one haha.
Awesome: TBD is TBD! Lucky you.
I would like to change my username into just Stoney, but when I try, it says that Stoney is already taken. So I searched for a user with the name Stoney, but there were no results Uncertain Any ideas why I can´t change it? If not, what would you think about *Stoney*, ~Stoney~ or something like that?