Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

Do you guys really get that kind of thing the US at mcdonalds? In the UK the chicken nuggets use proper meat.
Speaking for myself I guess but does it really matter what's inside it? If it's really that much chicken or just some substitute? Points are, it's not going to kill you, and it tastes good (subject to opinion.)
So let's just say it isn't, would you eat the ingredients individually if I dared you?
Did you not read what I said? I eat it because it tastes good... That's the point I was making. If something tastes good, and it's not going to kill you or be TOO unhealthy for you, then just eat it. I wouldn't eat something I don't like unless it's going to help me - example being protein shakes and supplements.
(Jan. 28, 2012  1:55 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2012  11:23 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: That awkward moment when you remember that Jenna Rose from 'My Jeans' is in your school district.

The good part? She will be a freshman next year. >Grin

She goes to your school?

oh lawdy

I hated that song so badly... SO BADLY

Unfortunately, I'm not lying. That song is worse than Friday...

Last time I ate a chicken nugget was some popcorn chicken about a year ago, now that I think about it.
Going off the 'topic' of McDonald's...

I must say, rendering videos in Windows Live Movie Maker is pretty time-consuming, and is not as 'professional' (quotes because honestly, it's not a bad program, but for the amount of editing I do, it would help if I had something better) as things like Adobe Premiere Pro or something (which I have, just have no idea how to use it correctly). And for these videos, I must also make some sort of GFX to 'introduce' the video. I'd say a couple of hours will go into each of my four videos, lol.

I guess I'll be spending my weekend using Photoshop and WLMM, haha.
WMM for Vista IMO was much MUCH better. It was so easy to use, like a dumbed down version of Sony Vegas.
Wish I didn't have to use this "Live" carp.
(Jan. 28, 2012  4:35 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: WMM for Vista IMO was much MUCH better. It was so easy to use, like a dumbed down version of Sony Vegas.
Wish I didn't have to use this "Live" carp.
Because that's pretty much what it was, haha. I have the Vista version on my laptop, but the problem is, I can't use files found on my camcorder, so I'd have to convert them into .wmv or something of the sort via WLMM and then import into WMM, which would take a lot longer.
I hate Live with a passion, but it just has more effects that could make my video look more decent, haha.
So apparently there's this big buzz of people around my school that think that December 21st thing is real. I honestly don't get why. Yes, I know that was the end of the Mayan calendar AND that it's the beginning of the winter solstice, but I mean come on! You guys really believe in that carp?

And there's a lot of people these days that believe in superstitions like these and believe in this stuff somewhat strongly. I'm like, "Guys, you can't go by what scientists say or by what day is on a calendar." It gets really annoying just hearing the same story. And the worst thing is that some of this is being passed down to out generation. They want us to believe the same thing they do. It just doesn't make sense...
(Jan. 28, 2012  5:09 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: So apparently there's this big buzz of people around my school that think that December 21st thing is real. I honestly don't get why. Yes, I know that was the end of the Mayan calendar AND that it's the beginning of the winter solstice, but I mean come on! You guys really believe in that carp?
According to NASA, December 21st, 2012 is the end of the Mayan calendar, but then that's when the calendar restarts, like December 31st is the end of a year, and after that the time 'restarts' into the next year. This is just what I read off an article from NASA, though.

(Jan. 28, 2012  12:07 AM)Dude Wrote: Atta boy!! I really like ya, Hazel! I'll buy you a beer, some time.

I mean really, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that eating McDonalds three times a day every day is gonna mess you up pretty baddly.

It's like making a documentary to show that smoking is bad for your health. Nah, really?

One of my favorite scientific studies ever was the one that demonstrated that smoking significantly irritated the lungs of people with asthma. They spent more than a million dollars on that one.

Hmm... people who cough and have trouble breathing shouldn't do things that make healthy people cough and not breathe well. Can I have my million bucks now?
(Jan. 28, 2012  5:12 AM)CRUelty Wrote:
(Jan. 28, 2012  5:09 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: So apparently there's this big buzz of people around my school that think that December 21st thing is real. I honestly don't get why. Yes, I know that was the end of the Mayan calendar AND that it's the beginning of the winter solstice, but I mean come on! You guys really believe in that carp?
According to NASA, December 21st, 2012 is the end of the Mayan calendar, but then that's when the calendar restarts, like December 31st is the end of a year, and after that the time 'restarts' into the next year. This is just what I read off an article from NASA, though.

The reason behind Mayan calendar
Ha ha ha, jack my swag

What Drake bought new Blackberry? What Drake bought a new Blackberry?

(Jan. 28, 2012  2:28 AM)Ultra Wrote: Do you guys really get that kind of thing the US at mcdonalds? In the UK the chicken nuggets use proper meat.

I'm not a US citizen to follow the news 100% but IIRC they passed a law that said they could no longer serve bleached, crushed up chicken junk as food.
It's the end of the Mayan calendar, but not the end of the world. They most likely just forgot to add in the rest of the years and just came up with a obscure excuse: Its the end!
(Jan. 28, 2012  2:10 PM)Z.E.R.O Wrote: It's the end of the Mayan calendar, but not the end of the world. They most likely just forgot to add in the rest of the years and just came up with a obscure excuse: Its the end!

... If you had read anything at all in the latest posts, you would not have made such a mocking comment towards the Mayans.
(Jan. 28, 2012  8:19 AM)Uwik Wrote: The reason behind Mayan calendar

XD That actually would make sense. Since the Mayan calendar also ended on 2012, that's what people thought the end of the world was gonna be. The Mayans were very superstitious. Why would people go by what Mayans and scientists say? C'mon guys, get a grip. We don't know when we'll all die, but it sure ain't in 2012...
The whole 2012 thing was just ridiculous. The world is sooooo not gonna end this year that it's not even funny. This will just be remembered as a hilarious event of human history that will only be remembered as a cheap way to sell a few crappy books.

It's just like the 2000 Computer Bug. Ooooohhh, that was so devastating.
@ Dude, wow, man, haven't seen you post for a while, now you are *shrugs*

2012, cow poop. just some nonsense hokey pokey sci-fi yada yada. can we drop that now?
(Jan. 28, 2012  3:18 PM)Dude Wrote: It's just like the 2000 Computer Bug. Ooooohhh, that was so devastating.
And that prediction that the "God of destruction" was going to come back and kill us in 1999... Uncertain

(Jan. 28, 2012  2:17 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: i sense a disturbance in the force
I always sense a disturbance in the force. Maybe I don't watch much Star Wars these days?

(Jan. 27, 2012  10:13 PM)Jaygrazer Wrote: Hah, Im your weight Bey-Heart!

And don't worry, I had to watch that video 5 times. The first time, I made up my mind to ask McDonalds for a Super-Size meal after school, but when we finished the video, it said that they took it off!!! Argh! LOL.
That's a bit odd. XD I was gonna order one after watching it too, but I saw the same thing. Made me a little peeved. Tongue_out

Y2K was amazing. I remember YTV actually made Y2K a plotline back when The Zone actually tried to have a story. Y2K apparently created some monsters call the Yokomites or something, and it all concluded in the hand in the toilet sacrificing himself to save the channel.

Man, after typing that out I realize how weird that truly was...
(Jan. 28, 2012  2:28 AM)Ultra Wrote: Do you guys really get that kind of thing the US at mcdonalds? In the UK the chicken nuggets use proper meat.

The McDonalds in the US are mandated to use 100% real white meat chicken in their nuggets, yes. This happened like ten years ago. Their beef no longer contains soy substitutes, either, iirc.

(Jan. 28, 2012  3:12 AM)ljadams9 Wrote: Speaking for myself I guess but does it really matter what's inside it? If it's really that much chicken or just some substitute? Points are, it's not going to kill you, and it tastes good (subject to opinion.)

This.

(Jan. 28, 2012  3:16 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: So let's just say it isn't, would you eat the ingredients individually if I dared you?

I wouldn't eat the ingredients of a lot of things individually - that makes cooking entirely pointless.

The finished product is all that matters, IMO. If I took apart even the best salad, I would not eat a few things from it alone. Yeah, the war on preservatives blah blah whatever, but the actual health impacts of "artificial ingredients" are only even tangible in a few cases - and those ingredients are often blacklisted to begin with.

The health nut battle with people eating food is basically a war waged by extremists and crazies from both sides.
My own pet theory is that artificial sweeteners actually trick the body into converting calories into fat more efficiently than if you were just using regular sugar, and that the obesity crisis was brought on by the technology that was supposed to prevent it in the first place.
I think we can properly blame Diet Coke for more obesity than the regular stuff, for sure.

Plus, aspartame is one of those artificial things that is actually very bad for you.
Wow, we could have a food thread at this rate. Aspartame always concerns me as it reacts with a number of antidepressants. I guess that is more antidepressants reacting with it, though (as MAOI's react badly with matured cheese, red wine and beer, for example).

That said, I dislike the taste of aspartame. Much like I can believe it's not butter, I don't believe aspartame is any substitute for cane sugar. Uncertain
Well, technically it depends on which one's in your system first, as for the "chicken and the egg" debate, haha!

Aspartame's taste is genuinely disgusting, and people force themselves to adjust to it under the extremely false promise of better health via Diet Coke than regular Coke.

I'd rather be fat than a victim of the second coming of Olestra.