Random Thoughts 4 -- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM.

OK, seeing as Random Thoughts 3 was over a year old and 400+ pages long, it's time for a refresh.

However, I want to lay down some ground rules before we get started, and I want to make these absolutely clear:

- THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM. This thread is intended for posting interesting things that either happen to you in your life or that you see/find online that don't deserve having their own thread but are still worth sharing and discussing. It is not for you to talk to your buddies about what you did today or what your favorite flavor of ice cream is. If you'd like to carry on a conversation with a forum friend, that's what Private Messages and Instant Messaging programs are for.

- All WBO rules still apply here -- no double posting, especially no SPAM, no swearing, etc.

- This thread is NOT a Beyblade related thread, and therefore discussion of Beyblade should not be posted here. There are various other Beyblade threads and forums, if you want to discuss Beyblade then find the appropriate place in the Beyblade General forum and do so there.

- Unlike the last version of this thread, these rules will be enforced heavily and strictly by myself and the rest of the staff. I will not hesitate to warn and even ban those who can't follow the rules. So, if you even think that your post might qualify as spam or be potentially uninteresting, save yourself the trouble and don't post it.

Alright, let's get this show on the road!
w00t, first post!

Has anyone else noticed that Hasbro copies everything that Takara makes (Is this acceptable? Please don't warn me, I'm just testing if this counts as interesting, as I think it is), or is this common knowledge? Why Takara? Also, congrats to the new mods! This is the 'shake up' you (Roan, Khel) were talking about, correct?
Ah. I was wondering when this thread would get a reset. Regardless, I just finished testing out my new Beast Deck, along with the side deck I built with it, and I found that I could get out 5 monsters in one turn without Double Summon, with it, I could get out both of my Ancient Crimson Apes in my 1st turn.

@ above Hasbro only distributes what Takara makes, since it is the broad distributor for Beyblade. It gets it's own molds, so it can reproduce it with better material, because of Hasbro's wealth.
(Jan. 09, 2011  5:53 AM)Wraith Wrote: w00t, first post!

Has anyone else noticed that Hasbro copies everything that Takara makes (Is this acceptable? Please don't warn me, I'm just testing if this counts as interesting, as I think it is), or is this common knowledge? Why Takara? Also, congrats to the new mods! This is the 'shake up' you (Roan, Khel) were talking about, correct?
Maybe They are Running out Of Ideas.
The staff changes are what we were referring to in the previous Random Thoughts thread, yes.

It was proposed a while back that I become a moderator of the Off-Topic Forums (General, Media, Video Games, Your Creations), but we decided in the end that it would be better if I were made a global moderator to help better control the amount of new members and spam we've been getting.

The other staff changes were made due to lack of activity on the board, etc.
Meh. Was bound to happen eventually. Congrats, Roan!
(Jan. 09, 2011  5:54 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: Ah. I was wondering when this thread would get a reset. Regardless, I just finished testig out my new Beast Deck, along with the side deck I built with it, and I found that I could get out 5 monsters in one turn without Double Summon, with it, I could get out both of my Ancient Crimson Apes in my 1st turn.

Wouldn't that belong in the general yugioh discussion thread?
Anyways I find this interesting cause I am a science nerd and know somebody with cancer.
And if this isn't interesting I would be glad to know what is considered interesting.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...083735.htm
Congragulations On becoming A Global Mod Blader DJ Is ProudDJ 2002 - Yeah!
(Jan. 09, 2011  5:59 AM)Gloomy Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2011  5:54 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: Ah. I was wondering when this thread would get a reset. Regardless, I just finished testig out my new Beast Deck, along with the side deck I built with it, and I found that I could get out 5 monsters in one turn without Double Summon, with it, I could get out both of my Ancient Crimson Apes in my 1st turn.

Wouldn't that belong in the general yugioh discussion thread?
Anyways I find this interesting cause I am a science nerd and know somebody with cancer.
And if this isn't interesting I would be glad to know what is considered interesting.

It probably should, but I literally just finished testing, and I wanted to post the results immediately. Sorry if it was spam.
(Jan. 09, 2011  6:00 AM)Ichiro Wrote: Congragulations On becoming A Global Mod Blader DJ Is ProudDJ 2002 - Yeah!

You could have posted that in Changes to the Staff. I posted mine because it was relevant to RT3.
Hrm...The Saints got owned by the SeaChickens...Any thoughts on that? I have been hawking the NFC West for a while now, and I am glad to see the Saints gone. I thought it would be the Rams to do so, though.
(Jan. 09, 2011  5:59 AM)Gloomy Wrote: Anyways I find this interesting cause I am a science nerd and know somebody with cancer.

It is indeed very interesting, but not as interesting as the fact that according to medical science radiation is both the cause and cure for cancer.
It is really weird to see this thread while it is on the first page.
(Jan. 09, 2011  5:38 AM)Roan Wrote: OP

THANK YOU. We really needed this.
I was about to ask for one myself, but I'm so glad that it was made.
This was long overdue. It was getting impossible to navigate the thread.
(Jan. 09, 2011  5:53 AM)Wraith Wrote: Has anyone else noticed that Hasbro copies everything that Takara makes (Is this acceptable? Please don't warn me, I'm just testing if this counts as interesting, as I think it is), or is this common knowledge? Why Takara?

Hasbro and Takara have had relations since the 1970's (and maybe even before then). Both at the time were the second largest toy companies in their respective nations (Mattel being #1 in the US, and Bandai #1 in Japan), so it made sense to partner with each other and export things. It lead to the creation of Transformers, and Duel Masters, among other things.

The relationship is also mutual. Hasbro may bring over a Takara line, and Takara may bring over a Hasbro line (the famous example being a few Transformers toylines which were just Hasbro releases with Japanese stickers on the box). It's back and forth. You only see what Hasbro does, given your location, but it doesn't mean Takara doesn't do the same.

With the merger of Takara and Tomy, they might be larger than Bandai in Japan (well, they should be), and Mattel has lost a lot of ground over recent years, so Hasbro may have become bigger than them (which would actually make them the largest toy company in the world).
For the new maximum series i was wondering if they were going to make Storm northern cross and calamity raven from the anime! cos they sound so cool! on wiki theres a list of all beyblades and there owners and Calamity raven and Storm northern cross like one of the only ones that havent been realised
When Kai-V stated that there would probably be some new moderators to come, I just had the feeling as if some people are trying to get competitive so they can be one, haha.
Anyway, check this out. It seems very interesting to me. I think this is an explanation to our origins, but there is some possible errors like India's partly covered green, but it's mostly Indonesia since of the Aborigines origins are South-East Asian. India is very interesting as it has many origins.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Huxley_races.png
Ok, A' firstable the topic that now the "Random Topic" isn´t that; as well, of course; more moderators for more control over the forum, is very difficult to keep in line a big forum like this. And for your another comment, I don´t think that a map of human "races" is a way to explain the origin, because in it only is refering to the color of skin
You are very, very wrong. It is not that, it is the common ancestries that have moved from different areas and so. Also, you didn't listen. Of course we need more moderators at this time, I'm not trying to say that. I'm saying how it's just that I feel maybe some people are being competitive. I'm not being negative.
(Jan. 09, 2011  7:19 AM)To Wrote: The relationship is also mutual. Hasbro may bring over a Takara line, and Takara may bring over a Hasbro line (the famous example being a few Transformers toylines which were just Hasbro releases with Japanese stickers on the box). It's back and forth. You only see what Hasbro does, given your location, but it doesn't mean Takara doesn't do the same.

Takara also currently brings over Nerf products as well.
Has anyone seen that story about the lady who got stalked online? o_0

How did I find it? Well, I fixed the internet on the CPU at my Dad's practice and had to test it, I reset browser setting so Ninemsn came up, horrific stuff Tired

I really hate NineMSN though...

I'm going to Sydney in a few days as an unaccompanied minor.

I thought it was well known I was 11 years old?

First time Smug

@L2 YOU FORGOT DAEGOR Argh!
Wow, new Random Thoughts. Well, congrats Roan on being a moderator! And congrats Daegor on being on the staff!

EDIT: Better?
Umm, anyone heard of the polar shift affecting the airport in Florida (was that Florida?) ? It's kinda disturbing to me... I think the polar shift is also the reason of birds suddenly falling from the sky, and the fishes that were dying.

Scientists really need to show us what these really mean.

If you have time, search for HAARP too.
You mean this one? I guess I overlooked it, I don't read international news, hah.

Here:

http://www.redorbit.com/news/oddities/19...a_airport/
Finally a an other random taughts!
(Jan. 09, 2011  2:05 PM)-Nv.ReNgAN Wrote: Umm, anyone heard of the polar shift affecting the airport in Florida (was that Florida?) ? It's kinda disturbing to me... I think the polar shift is also the reason of birds suddenly falling from the sky, and the fishes that were dying.

Scientists really need to show us what these really mean.

If you have time, search for HAARP too.
I heard about that,it is pretty discusting...