Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Jun. 17, 2019  3:22 AM)God Dragruler Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2019  2:25 AM)Okanie Wrote: Off topic, but does anyone know how Delta actually launches his bey? I’m a bit confused from the manga panel as to how he’s exactly launching his bey... does he just kick or spin after kicking his feet off the ground...?

From what I remember,  it look like he just kick the ground to launched his bey mid air but I might be wrong though.
We let Aerial Boost/Hi Jump/Dolphin Shoot, Joshua's launch, and Joe's launch pass, so I'm honestly fine with that.
(Jun. 03, 2019  2:35 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Alright, we've talked about why V Force is meh, the Metal trilogy, Wheelz, Radierz, I still need to find anyway to find Cyborg, and we've been arguing about Burst....which leaves three seasons...three questions.

1. Which Bladebreaker/G Revolution did you prefer, Max, Ray, or Daichi?
2. Favorite Zero G character(s)?
3. Is it just me or after Kai lost to Spencer, almost no water element beyblade has beaten a fire element bey unless it was a Synchrome or a rematch? Kai beat Max, Konzern's balls got knocked away by Hades, Zero beat Eight and Kite, and Suoh beat Fubuki.....wait Hikaru beat Kenta the first time...wow I just realized HIkaru's got a sad backstory and a wasted character. Poor girl.

One more thing, did any beys Burst that were competitively good get nerfed in the anime? I know about Houi, but across all three seasons, any in particular?
Season 3:
DEFINITELY: Hell Salamander, Orb Egis

mights: Crash Ragnarok, Hazard Kerberus, Emperor Forneus, Geist Fafnir, Cho-Z Spriggan 

Season 2: 

DEFINITELY: Tornado Wyven, Blaze Ragnarok, Alter Chronos, Maximum Garuda

mights: Legend Spriggan, Ark Bahamut

Season 1: 

DEFINITELY: Dark Deathsyther, Obelisk Odin, Unlock Unicorn, Beast Behemoth, Rising Ragnarok, Acid Anubis
(May. 31, 2019  3:53 PM)Megacharizardx Wrote: why are dragon beys so common in gt?
except joker and ashura,all other beys are dragon beys

has the writer run out of ideas?? dragons are too common

You forgot about Valkyrie :p
(Jun. 19, 2019  5:28 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: So there was a Beyblde manga for girls....has some good concepts in there.
https://beyblade.fandom.com/wiki/Beyblad...int_Lolita

The fact that its pretty much a genderbend type of thing makes me a little skeptical lol
(Jun. 19, 2019  5:28 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: So there was a Beyblde manga for girls....has some good concepts in there.

That sounds wild. Like reading the whole page... wow... So it's basically a genderbent version of Bakuten Shoot? Just aimed for the female demographics...? This is the first time I've ever heard of this... even some of the character designs kind of seem... a bit strange...
(Jun. 19, 2019  6:42 PM)Okanie Wrote:
(Jun. 19, 2019  5:28 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: So there was a Beyblde manga for girls....has some good concepts in there.

That sounds wild. Like reading the whole page... wow... So it's basically a genderbent version of Bakuten Shoot? Just aimed for the female demographics...? This is the first time I've ever heard of this... even some of the character designs kind of seem... a bit strange...
I agree with the character designs. Some of the character motivations are pretty interesting and I'd love to see those interpreted in the main show, like a girl taking up a beyblade originally meant for her brother. A lot of people, including myself want a female to eventually surpass Ren and Sasha.
Ren?

I mean I’m fine with the development that they get so far in the Burst series. They don’t necessarily make it only for boys since there are some background girl characters throughout the show—which is way better than when beyblade first came out in my opinion....
(Jun. 19, 2019  11:38 PM)Okanie Wrote: Ren?

I mean I’m fine with the development that they get so far in the Burst series. They don’t necessarily make it only for boys since there are some background girl characters throughout the show—which is way better than when beyblade first came out in my opinion....
Only problem is that none of them have the.."hey we're one of the 16 important bladers for this season with the modern bey system" status, which should change. Ren's the only Bey female in recent memory other than Nicole from Beywheelz to have that status.
I agree with Strider Xanthos.

I mean in the OG series, Mariah, Mariam, Salima, Queen, Julia, Matilda and even Ming-Ming had decent amount of development, were strong bladers but also all had unique beys (Emily also had a unique bey too but she didn't really get much focus or development).

MFB at least had Hikaru, Sophie and Ren have unique beys and even though I'm not a huge fan of Hikaru, she does have some decent development and focus. Mei-Mei and Lera were okay but nothing interesting. Madoka was also pretty cool too.

IMO with Burst, they had a lot of female characters but Kris and Shasa were the only good characters that had either decent character growth, awesome moments and/or good episodes whilst Gumita at least had a few funny moments but meh otherwise. I wasn't a fan of Nika, Momoko was absolutely nothing (the generic classmate), Honey was just... there, Naru's okay but feels like another Tokonatsu/Nika/Kit. Also, most of them were the generic cheerleader-type characters, characters I usually dislike.
And that's my problem, they're just background characters for the most part. There's really no major female blader with a unique beyblade. Kristina is the only really major female character and she's not even a blader. Sasha is probably bursts most major blader but I don't consider her to be a major blader.

I'll give you that Sasha and Kristina do have some decent character growth, and they're the most interesting female characters in Burst bar none. I wouldn't mind lack of character growth if they were at least enjoyable, cool and had a bigger blading role.

As for the rest of them, Nika has no character growth, I mean she suddenly becomes the exposition character in Chouzetsu, for seemingly no reason. In the end Nika isn't interesting. Honey is flat out one of the worst characters in the Beyblade franchise, she has no purpose at all, no growth and isn't interesting. With Gumita, she really had a change of heart to the main cast, but that's only whenever Ranjiro, their gang leader did first. She's also not interesting either. Angie and Chiharu Aoi are interchangable mother figures (although out of the kids free will in Angies case), and have some funny moments but aren't really enough.

I won't say much for Ichika since she's fairly new and isn't done yet, but from what I can tell, she'll just be Sasha level at best.

I think the female representation from the previous gen and even BEYWHEELZ was better.

I don't necessarily need female representation in Beyblade, but if they do, I'd at least hope a few of them were done well, as opposed to having most of them being useless or boring.
(Jun. 20, 2019  6:28 PM)Jinbee Wrote: And that's my problem, they're just background characters for the most part. There's really no major female blader with a unique beyblade. Kristina is the only really major female character and she's not even a blader. Sasha is probably bursts most major blader but I don't consider her to be a major blader.

I'll give you that Sasha and Kristina do have some decent character growth, and they're the most interesting female characters in Burst bar none. I wouldn't mind lack of character growth if they were at least enjoyable, cool and had a bigger blading role.

As for the rest of them, Nika has no character growth, I mean she suddenly becomes the exposition character in Chouzetsu, for seemingly no reason. In the end Nika isn't interesting. Honey is flat out one of the worst characters in the Beyblade franchise, she has no purpose at all, no growth and isn't interesting. With Gumita, she really had a change of heart to the main cast, but that's only whenever Ranjiro, their gang leader did first. She's also not interesting either. Angie and Chiharu Aoi are interchangable mother figures (although out of the kids free will in Angies case), and have some funny moments but aren't really enough.

I won't say much for Ichika since she's fairly new and isn't done yet, but from what I can tell, she'll just be Sasha level at best.

I think the female representation from the previous gen and even BEYWHEELZ was better.

I don't necessarily need female representation in Beyblade, but if they do, I'd at least hope a few of them were done well, as opposed to having most of them being useless or boring.
Yeah and its not that hard, just do with what you do with all the character, name, fun personality, motivation, dynamics, they've done it in the Metal Saga and its spinoffs, even the original has more. Burst has written a grand total 50 of those characters, one of them being a girl shouldn't be that hard.

Then again, one time I said having one female blader wouldn't hurt and a girl basically told me "Shut the carp up feminist. I don't give a carp if you go carp sucking about girl's right in other anime's but you stay away with you're femenazi carp in Beyblade, got it?" This was back when Burst God started airing so I had no idea since the subbers were taking longer, but I'm all for it.
Okay, kinda random but I been visiting here for a while and decided to make an account finally. I haven’t following burst since Gachi got announced, did I miss anything important? Sorry if this is irrevelant.
(Jun. 22, 2019  6:15 PM)faaaafnir Wrote: Okay, kinda random but I been visiting here for a while and decided to make an account finally. I haven’t following burst since Gachi got announced, did I miss anything important? Sorry if this is irrevelant.
6 main bladers, 12 episodes, 4 beyblades released with at least 4 more on the way, ChoZ ended while the dub is two thirds done.
(Jun. 22, 2019  6:43 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2019  6:15 PM)faaaafnir Wrote: Okay, kinda random but I been visiting here for a while and decided to make an account finally. I haven’t following burst since Gachi got announced, did I miss anything important? Sorry if this is irrevelant.
6 main bladers, 12 episodes, 4 beyblades released with at least 4 more on the way, ChoZ ended while the dub is two thirds done.
Thanks. Glad to know I didn’t missed anything major.

Ngl, I hate how boring the show is without “beyblades destroying the world”(I know there’s Phi and Aiga but they’re spiritual characters, more than unrealistic plot) but also with “beyblades destroying the world” it’s very cringe. I’m watching G-Revelution rn, the battles and the overall story is very good but...it’s missing something? Might be just me. I hope that they will be able to write good plot with fantasy one day

Also sorry if this sounded a bit odd. English is not my native launguage
(Didn’t meant to reply, sorry!)

One more thing also: Hell Salamander’s avatar is actually a (unintended) reference to Strata Dragoon’s bitbeast. I think Forneus and Hazard Kerberus is also a reference to some V-Force bitbeasts but I don’t really remember. Just thought it was nice.
Let's talk about a character we can't agree on and a character most of us don't like.

Despite that his win record in the God Bladers Cup is only against Cuza, I think we underestimate him a bit too much since Boa is pretty interesting of a character. You know how Akira shares a lot of similarities of Valt and we argue about a character's starting point a lot when it comes to Aiga, Boa's kind of the underdog who could be a protagonist in his own right if he was the star. In a sense, he just wanted to train to be a stronger blader, found/got his bey, and just went around beating the same people that destroyed the Snake Pit. Sure some people can question how he got that strong, but in comparison to Valt battling 99 people and went from losing to Ren Wu to beating Ruway and Xhakander and Aiga defeating 186 randos back to back for experience, doesn't seem to farfetched. Plus, Ruway's fatal flaw is that his battle strategy revolves one seeing one pattern in a era where everyone’s battling style is changing and unique, and Boa's bey is definitely unique. There are rumors that an Bahamut will be in GT, and I'd honestly be okay with that since it'd be cool to see him grow.
If Dread Bahamut shows up in the anime, Boa better come back. I kinda doubt it because all the popular evolutions are being handed away except for Valkyrie
I just realized that Ichika has the exact same Operate color as Salamander.
To be honest after the last episode of GT, I like Fumiya even more. The relationship between him and his sister needs to be explored more for sure
I definitely agree that their relationship is hopefully explored more throughout the anime-- maybe go in depth as to how it was before Ichika left Spark Devils--
Yeah, episode 12 were pretty damn awesome. Though if he wanted Ichika to be at the top, he would've just made her a GT bey lol. Wait, in the manga, he built it, designed it, or brought his Wizard Fafnir? Cuz if he has a good Beytrainer....maybe. Also is Ichika in the manga?

Can I complain about something that’s sorta stupid, but also really true and annoying. When Turbo’s and Cho’Z’s opening was released and even know, there are people complaining that Valt’s not in the season and how’ll they’ll miss him so much and curse season 3 for not having Valt at all

….you know, even though he’s in the opening, and in episode 1, and is technically a semi main character within Cho-Z/Turbo and wasn’t an advertised extra.

Like come on, this isn’t Pokemon Opening N for Zillion Zeus’ sake, and sure half of anime openings lie, but he was there from the very first episode, and Beyblade anime typically don’t lie. Heck, say what you want about Lui being underultlized, he was in the first of the four openings and was in that first arc.

Sorry, just REALLY need to get off my chest.
I'm not sure whether or not he built or designed it-- there's no beytrainer that was mentioned, and tbh I think he tried to keep that mentality of 'winning is the only thing that mattered' and it didn't matter Ichika whether she had a GT bey or not. I doubt the author would go that far in-depth with their story... but it's why she left. She didn't care much about winning, but having fun with beyblade. That's more important to her than anything... so even with a GT bey... they most likely would have her lose a lot...

I mean... I kind of agree with them? Despite Valt being there in the first episode of Chou-Z along with being in the opening, he wasn't... exactly a main character or semi-main in that season. Reasons being that he would be there and then the next moment he's gone-- take the battleship cruise arc in which that was a tournament that was... basically his own? The anime had him suddenly leave despite the winner being the one that would challenge him. Like, that doesn't really seem Valt like considering he would want to know who would be his opponents and who he would be up against. The opening also advertised characters surrounding Aiga that never showed up throughout the anime (they weren't even in the background, and that's saying something.) It also advertised that we may get a Free vs Kit battle which we never did etc. It advertised a lot of what was supposed to happen or what could have happened-- but never went through with it. So I can see where the complaints come from...

I mean I do like the opening and with how Valt was show in it, however.... it advertised too much and gave so little back.... At least, these are my thoughts and a few others that I know have complaints...
I feel like Poison Hydra on marutti’s post is probably going to be owned by the guy with the crescent-shaped hairstyle because of the color scheme.
(Jun. 27, 2019  2:30 AM)Okanie Wrote: Which one is that one again...?

The guy who we thought was going to be the owner of Zwei Longinus. I have trouble posting pictures but he had mint green hair shaped like a crescent moon and yellow eyes. He and all the characters on the first GT cover