Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

Good news for German Beyblade fans! Sunrights have signed over the German localisation for Burst to m4e, so hopefully we'll hear more about that soon!
https://twitter.com/m4eag/status/740440812740300801
Ausgezeichnet! More opportunities to brush up on my flimsy German Smile
(Jun. 07, 2016  8:21 AM)C a o S³ Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2016  1:51 AM)ForZ Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2016  11:39 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Let's hope for... uh... Dragoon MV??? It makes sense if the toyline did continue.

I'd like for the other cast to get upgraded MS beys first, like Draciel MSUV, Dranzer MSUV, and Driger MSUV.
I hope this will never happen for this reason: We all know that the last beyblades of Takao and Kai are respectively Dragoon MF and Dranzer MF, instead in the 'next generation' chapter they re-use Dragoon MSUV and Dranzer MS so probably the two MF got destroyed in their last battle (Makoto and Goh don't possess the MF series). So a new 'MV' series will wipe away the storyline, the same for the 'MSUV' upgrade.

I didn't mean to imply that they should do that in the story, because I really don't know a whole lot about it. I meant that in response to the "if the toyline did continue." I like my MS beys, that's all.
Ah, so cool to see that Aoki updated his site! I need to find out what day the issue of CoroCoro comes out.

I think the more likely scenario than further upgrading the MS Beys, would instead be Takara coming up with Burst editions of Dragoon, Driger, Dranzer, and Draciel(and Einstein and and Gaia Dragoon?). Have we gotten any wind that they might be doing that? Seriously doubt they want to promote a defunct part of the hobby.

And, that isn't to say they couldn't re-issue some of the more popular Plastics/HMS as a sort of collector's item for an anniversary down the line or or something. 2019 will be the 20th anniversary...
(Jun. 15, 2016  4:51 PM)Psykick B Wrote: Ah, so cool to see that Aoki updated his site! I need to find out what day the issue of CoroCoro comes out.

I think the more likely scenario than further upgrading the MS Beys, would instead be Takara coming up with Burst editions of Dragoon, Driger, Dranzer, and Draciel(and Einstein and and Gaia Dragoon?). Have we gotten any wind that they might be doing that? Seriously doubt they want to promote a defunct part of the hobby.

And, that isn't to say they couldn't re-issue some of the more popular Plastics/HMS as a sort of collector's item for an anniversary down the line or or something. 2019 will be the 20th anniversary...

You might wanna read this thread: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Bakuten...lade-Burst

They are based on the S-series and at the minimum, Driger S is being reproduced as a Burst Beyblade.
Thanks for the heads up, Brad. Exciting times.

Yoshihiro Nagamori(character designer for everything minus 2001) drew Takao and Kai just an hour ago. Iiiiinteresting timing!
If it interests anybody, Shuu's and Kensuke's voice actors are featured in this video from 2:39 to 13:38. They explain what Beyblade is and probably talk about their experience voicing these two characters.

I think I can confirm that Shaka's name is really Xhaka after seeing it on a product that will be sold at WHF. I find it to be an odd name, especially since it's his family name combined with his name (Kaizer), so don't know why the X is the first letter...
(Jun. 21, 2016  10:28 PM)Hato Wrote: I think I can confirm that Shaka's name is really Xhaka after seeing it on a product that will be sold at WHF. I find it to be an odd name, especially since it's his family name combined with his name (Kaizer), so don't know why the X is the first letter...

We already confirmed that a few weeks ago, if not over a month ago. The last name is spelt Xhakuenji, so it makes sense that Xhakuenji Kaiser would be mixed into 'Xhaka', the first syllable from each name.
(Jun. 21, 2016  11:01 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 21, 2016  10:28 PM)Hato Wrote: I think I can confirm that Shaka's name is really Xhaka after seeing it on a product that will be sold at WHF. I find it to be an odd name, especially since it's his family name combined with his name (Kaizer), so don't know why the X is the first letter...

We already confirmed that a few weeks ago, if not over a month ago. The last name is spelt Xhakuenji, so it makes sense that Xhakuenji Kaiser would be mixed into 'Xhaka', the first syllable from each name.

Welp, guess I missed that post. Thanks for the heads up Joyful_3;;
I might have posted about that in this forum, but otherwise it was mostly discussed in the Beyblade General forum, so it would be normal if you missed it hah.
Kaizer's name in the dub should be Xavier, or something like that.
Grin
I've been watching beyblade burst up to the latest episode,and there are two things that i have to give this show credit for. Character designs are actually pretty neat,and the animation quality is loads better than in your average beyblade show. (Meaning standbard season anime quality) As for the plot,i don't have much to say exept i'm glad that it's not like the metal seasons.
(Jun. 23, 2016  7:32 PM)Taomon Wrote: I've been watching beyblade burst up to the latest episode,and there are two things that i have to give this show credit for. Character designs are actually pretty neat,and the animation quality is loads better than in your average beyblade show. (Meaning standbard season anime quality) As for the plot,i don't have much to say exept i'm glad that it's not like the metal seasons.

But the animation is not particularly any better than any other beyblade series other than season one. I also don't get your comment about the plot since burst is doing what every other first season has at the start in that there's a regional tournament. Which is exactly how the metal seasons did it in the first series...
(Jun. 23, 2016  11:28 PM)Ultra Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2016  7:32 PM)Taomon Wrote: I've been watching beyblade burst up to the latest episode,and there are two things that i have to give this show credit for. Character designs are actually pretty neat,and the animation quality is loads better than in your average beyblade show. (Meaning standbard season anime quality) As for the plot,i don't have much to say exept i'm glad that it's not like the metal seasons.

But the animation is not particularly any better than any other beyblade series other than season one. I also don't get your comment about the plot since burst is doing what every other first season has at the start in that there's a regional tournament. Which is exactly how the metal seasons did it in the first series...
I admit that i phrased myself incorrectly. It's more about the other elements in the show.
Yes,there is a regional tournament. But,does burst have a generic mechanic character whose only job is to explain how a plastic piece increases the enemy beyblade's power by over 9000? Does the protagonist automatically win almost every battle because BEYSPIRIT? No,he messes up multiple times during the first episodes. (But the protagonist is still terrible) Does burst have evil organization plots and villains whose plastic tops are evil because they spin left or are some evil gods or whatever? Not yet,and hopefully will not. It's better to have the monsters be more like fighting spirits not some damn gods or whatever. I like it that the show is more like a slice of life show where a bunch of kids compete with spinning tops instead of THIS BEYBLADE IS FORBIDDEN AND EVIL BECAUSE LEFT SPIN LETS SAVE THE WORLD something. And about the animation,it's more about the battle animations evolving from poor mid 2000's cgi to acceptable cgi quality that you would see in a videogame. Also,on another completely diffirent subject,beywheelz is almost the worst thing ever made in beyblade fiction ever in my opinion. The entire backstory is just "BEYBLADES WERE BORN IN SPACE BUT THIS BEYBLADE EVOLVED INTO A RUBBER WHEEL BECAUSE REASONS"
Looks like Takao will be wearing a vest again and Max has new overalls.

[Image: bey20160627.jpg]
(Jun. 30, 2016  11:27 PM)Paper Lung Wrote: Looks like Takao will be wearing a vest again and Max has new overalls.

[Image: bey20160627.jpg]

The artwork looks rad!
Thanks for the pic, Paper Lung!
Grin
Am I the only one that doesn't like the idea of MFB and Burst bladers not having Bit Beast-like creatures like Bakuten Shoot bladers did?I feel like it makes the stakes higher when they are battling each other, especially in times when it is good versus evil.
I'm rather mixed, the bit beasts are cool and are more of a reason to feel emotion when a Beyblade is losing or damaged, basically as long as they don't wrestle like they did in V-Force, I'm okay with them. Having no bit beasts in the other series I guess makes it that the Beyblades do the destructive work rather than the beasts and MFB are naturally powerful in the show without them.

Basically, I don't mind as long as they don't wrestle again LOL.
(Jul. 07, 2016  8:30 PM)Jinbee Wrote: I'm rather mixed, the bit beasts are cool and are more of a reason to feel emotion when a Beyblade is losing or damaged, basically as long as they don't wrestle like they did in V-Force, I'm okay with them. Having no bit beasts in the other series I guess makes it that the Beyblades do the destructive work rather than the beasts and MFB are naturally powerful in the show without them.

Basically, I don't mind as long as they don't wrestle again LOL.

Yea, I'd rather they not wrestle. It ain't Bit Beasts WWE, lol

I feel as though it would better explain why each person's Beyblade is so powerful. From the get go, MFB just felt too powerful in the anime, but there were no bit-beasts or anything like that to explain why they were so powerful. Was it just the fact that these were crazy strong kids or super dangerous weapons? At least in Bakuten Shoot, it felt as though you had to earn a beast or do something insane so that you could have such power. It doesn't seem like it, but I hope they introduce bit-beast or something like it as Burst continues on. There might be some hope is Takao/Tyson and the crew actually show up.
Does anyone know where I can buy COMPLETE manga sets, of the whole series at one time, or at least most of it? This not only being beyblade but also pokemon, Naruto, etc. Thanks!
(Jul. 08, 2016  4:31 PM)Stamina. Wrote: Does anyone know where I can buy COMPLETE manga sets, of the whole series at one time, or at least most of it? This not only being beyblade but also pokemon, Naruto, etc. Thanks!

I had a very difficult time buying all the volumes myself, especially at reasonable prices, and I had to look for months and buy them from different sellers, so I really doubt you will be able to buy the whole collection at once, unless you really want to give up hundreds of dollars.
Just wanted to make a list of HMS Beys, and their respective owners in the manga...

Dragoon MS, Dragoon MSUV and Dragoon MF - Tyson Granger
Draciel MS - Max Tate
Einstein MS/Hopper Attack MS - Kenny
Driger MS - Ray Kon
Dranzer MS and Dranzer MF - Kai Hiwatari
Gaia/Strata Dragoon MS - Daichi Sumeragi
Wolborg MS - Tala
Death Gargoyle/Dark Effigy MS - Miguel
Thunder Dragon MS - Tenmaru Shishi

Others-
Rock Bison MS (Resembles Advance Averazer MS) - Rick Anderson
Seaborg MS (Resembles Advance Striker MS) - Spencer
Falborg MS - Bryan Kuznetsov
Galeon MS - Lee
Torch Pegasus/Thunder Pegasus MS (Resembles Sea Drake MS) - Raul and Julia
Pierce Hedgehog MS (Resembles DEMS, not Samurai Changer MS!) - Mathilda

Hope this helps.
Grin
(Jul. 10, 2016  7:40 PM)Big Smoke Wrote: Just wanted to make a list of HMS Beys, and their respective owners in the manga...

Dragoon MS, Dragoon MSUV and Dragoon MF - Tyson Granger
Draciel MS - Max Tate
Einstein MS/Hopper Attack MS - Kenny
Driger MS - Ray Kon
Dranzer MS and Dranzer MF - Kai Hiwatari
Gaia/Strata Dragoon MS - Daichi Sumeragi
Wolborg MS - Tala
Death Gargoyle/Dark Effigy MS - Miguel
Thunder Dragon MS - Tenmaru Shishi

Others-
Rock Bison MS (Resembles Advance Averazer MS) - Rick Anderson
Seaborg MS (Resembles Advance Striker MS) - Spencer
Falborg MS - Bryan Kuznetsov
Galeon MS - Lee
Torch Pegasus/Thunder Pegasus MS (Resembles Sea Drake MS) - Raul and Julia

Hope this helps.
Grin

@[vikrambeyblade]
how do falborg ms and galeon ms look like?
can you post a picture