Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

Technically yes, but in this case, official merchandise has never led us in another direction: Rei has always been spelt Rei.
I finally figured it out. I believe Rai is the official spelling for his name. Rai means thunder in Japanese. Maybe they decided to take Lai and make his name a pun. His bey does use Lightning attacks.
OK but even with that wordplay the sticker has the official spelling and it is Lai. It still gets pronounced in Japanese as rai.
(May. 26, 2016  9:11 PM)Kai-V Wrote: OK but even with that wordplay the sticker has the official spelling and it is Lai.

It's probably a romanization error. We all called them light launchers for years, but I'm like 98% positive it's supposed to be right launcher. It happens sometimes, especially in cases where both letters are correct.
(May. 27, 2016  2:05 AM)Wizard Wrote:
(May. 26, 2016  9:11 PM)Kai-V Wrote: OK but even with that wordplay the sticker has the official spelling and it is Lai.

It's probably a romanization error. We all called them light launchers for years, but I'm like 98% positive it's supposed to be right launcher. It happens sometimes, especially in cases where both letters are correct.

No, the official spelling is indeed Light Launcher, since there are Light Launchers LR.
The package of the original light launcher release actually says Light Launcher on it as well.
Today I was watching Takao Aoki's website (CLICK) and I saw this...

...someone know what is written on?
(May. 29, 2016  3:03 PM)C a o S³ Wrote: Today I was watching Takao Aoki's website (CLICK) and I saw this...

No, but I want to! If they're bring back Bakuten Shoot for a special issue or something then I might just pick it up.
Well, it could be. '2016' makes no sense with Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, there is no anniversary.
So until we don't know what is written on...who knows!
I used Google Translate and got "Bakuten Shoot Beyblade - Summer 2016 Restart"

While it is Google Translate, it seems correct, as we did know that Bakuten Shoot was getting a one chapter special. But from "Restart", it makes me think that we will get more than 1 chapter.
(May. 29, 2016  3:18 PM)Hato Wrote: I used Google Translate and got "Bakuten Shoot Beyblade - Summer 2016 Restart"

While it is Google Translate, it seems correct, as we did know that Bakuten Shoot was getting a one chapter special. But from "Restart", it makes me think that we will get more than 1 chapter.
OMG. Ok guys, now I'm super hyped. I also read what ~Mana~ wrote recently.
(Mar. 17, 2016  11:12 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: Guess which Beyblade manga looks to be getting a one-shot return in CoroCoro Aniki on July 15th...

[Image: rkPWlCA.jpg]
So we have to wait.
(Mar. 17, 2016  11:23 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(plz don't report me for my one word post)
Basically...my reaction to this.
(May. 29, 2016  3:03 PM)C a o S³ Wrote: Today I was watching Takao Aoki's website (CLICK) and I saw this...

Nice find! Happy to hear Aoki may be involved with this!
(May. 29, 2016  6:55 PM)Paper Lung Wrote:

Nice find! Happy to hear Aoki may be involved with this!

omg the nostalgia!!
Yeah, I did report this a couple of months ago, haha. It releases on July 15th in Corocoro Aniki, and I believe it is a one-shot. Not sure what "restart" implies here though; Aniki releases four times per year so, unless they want to do it as a side series that releases once every three months, I wouldn't rely too much on it being a "restart".

I'd love it if it was though, haha.
(May. 30, 2016  2:23 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Yeah, I did report this a couple of months ago, haha. It releases on July 15th in Corocoro Aniki, and I believe it is a one-shot. Not sure what "restart" implies here though; Aniki releases four times per year so, unless they want to do it as a side series that releases once every three months, I wouldn't rely too much on it being a "restart".

I'd love it if it was though, haha.
I haven't saw that post until now haha.
I think the same, a reboot is quite improbable. I think we have to read the "restart" as a "resume".
Sorry for the double post:
Takafumi Adachi posted this on his tumblr...

[Image: tumblr_o42a43veLy1tkz7sdo1_1280.png]

"(It’s my respect rough drawings of Bakuten Shoot Beyblade characters)

News!

On the Coro Coro comic extra magazine “Coro Coro Aniki”, it seems new works of Aoki sensei’s Bakuten Shoot Beyblade manga will be published in July!

I don’t know what volume the new manga… short comics or long.
However, depending on the reader’s voice & echo, it has the potential to be continued..
Let’s wait for this summer!! "
Very nice sketches.

Also nice to know that it will be Aoki Takao again, but that also means that he really has chosen to ignore the Beyblade fanbase up until now and had not just disappeared altogether hah.
Those sketches from Takafumi are awesome. Love the subtle Kai redesign (those thigh cut-outs are really something).
(Jun. 06, 2016  8:31 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Very nice sketches.

Also nice to know that it will be Aoki Takao again, but that also means that he really has chosen to ignore the Beyblade fanbase up until now and had not just disappeared altogether hah.
Mh from what I know this project was planned years ago (the same girl that reported me this fanart, Robby-chan, told me that), so probably his silence was already planned, maybe caused by bureaucracy at higher levels, I don't know.
Maybe a last resort for the brand popularity? One way or another Bakuten Shoot Beyblade always had the bigger fanbase.

EDIT: In the past years Adachi also sketched other fanart of Bakuten Shoot on his pixiv account if I remember correctly.
Fingers crossed that this chapter will be a direct continuation of the manga (after the G.B.C. World Tournament arc). I'm also curious to see what Beys they'll have. The last time we saw Takao and Kai in all their glory, they were using Dragoon MF and Dranzer MF, respectively.
Let's hope for... uh... Dragoon MV??? It makes sense if the toyline did continue.
(Jun. 06, 2016  11:39 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Let's hope for... uh... Dragoon MV??? It makes sense if the toyline did continue.

I'd like for the other cast to get upgraded MS beys first, like Draciel MSUV, Dranzer MSUV, and Driger MSUV.
(Jun. 06, 2016  8:18 PM)C a o S³ Wrote: "(It’s my respect rough drawings of Bakuten Shoot Beyblade characters)

News!

On the Coro Coro comic extra magazine “Coro Coro Aniki”, it seems new works of Aoki sensei’s Bakuten Shoot Beyblade manga will be published in July!

I don’t know what volume the new manga… short comics or long.
However, depending on the reader’s voice & echo, it has the potential to be continued..
Let’s wait for this summer!! "
So according to Adachi, Aoki's one-shot next month has the potential to continue if the reception is good. Corocoro Aniki is supposedly a magazine for older readers, so perhaps Aoki will be given more flexibility with his storytelling this time around. I know he wanted to incorporate Yuriy's dark backstory into his manga during serialization but couldn't.
(Jun. 07, 2016  1:51 AM)ForZ Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2016  11:39 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Let's hope for... uh... Dragoon MV??? It makes sense if the toyline did continue.

I'd like for the other cast to get upgraded MS beys first, like Draciel MSUV, Dranzer MSUV, and Driger MSUV.
I hope this will never happen for this reason: We all know that the last beyblades of Takao and Kai are respectively Dragoon MF and Dranzer MF, instead in the 'next generation' chapter they re-use Dragoon MSUV and Dranzer MS so probably the two MF got destroyed in their last battle (Makoto and Goh don't possess the MF series). So a new 'MV' series will wipe away the storyline, the same for the 'MSUV' upgrade.