Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

Hey i just had a thought... How did nemesis get Variares' spirit/star fragment. It was never battled in a power sucking stadium and never came into contact with nemesis. King was battleing with ice titan and and the other bey...
Didn't you ask that before?
I did but nobody replied. Its on this page, bey brad changed the subject
(Apr. 19, 2015  12:43 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2015  4:17 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Watched G-Revolution episode 30 last night in Japanese with no subs and laughed so hard I cried

What an absolutely insane show

I know, the Kai and Takao battle was so damn stupid, especially that stupid space scene which had no reason to be there, and THEY FLY up when they clash their tops, WHAT?!

I know I'm posting that I'm laughing at it, but I thought it was a pretty good fight. Beyblade hasn't exactly aged well as I've gotten older and gained an appreciation for better animation and better storytelling, but I appreciate that in the latter half of G-Rev they took some risks with how the battles are represented. That's also why I like Kai's first fight against Brooklyn.

Of course, the final fight of G-Revolution totally jumps the shark, but I can't think of a better time to do so than in what you know is the very final episode of your story.
(Apr. 19, 2015  6:31 PM)GhostShot Wrote: I did but nobody replied. Its on this page, bey brad changed the subject

Wasn't my intention to change the subject. Lots of people posting in this thread about lots of things; if someone knows the answer to your question, they'll answer it. I definitely don't.
(Apr. 19, 2015  7:24 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2015  12:43 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2015  4:17 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Watched G-Revolution episode 30 last night in Japanese with no subs and laughed so hard I cried

What an absolutely insane show

I know, the Kai and Takao battle was so damn stupid, especially that stupid space scene which had no reason to be there, and THEY FLY up when they clash their tops, WHAT?!

I know I'm posting that I'm laughing at it, but I thought it was a pretty good fight. Beyblade hasn't exactly aged well as I've gotten older and gained an appreciation for better animation and better storytelling, but I appreciate that in the latter half of G-Rev they took some risks with how the battles are represented. That's also why I like Kai's first fight against Brooklyn.

Of course, the final fight of G-Revolution totally jumps the shark, but I can't think of a better time to do so than in what you know is the very final episode of your story.

I didn't get the last paragraph.

Anyway, I understand if you like it but I don't post saying the I thought the fight had stupid moments to agree with someone, I honest to god dislike the space like scenes, the battle was epic but some scenes in it I thought were so damn ridiculous.

I personally liked the Brooklyn fight against Takao, while not much was going on the the "Tyson seeing Brooklyn as a little kid" seems like a random backside pull which screams "THAT NEVER HAPPENED!" I thought the scenary was still epic.
Well yeah, of course Takao and Brooklyn didn't know each other as kids. Seemed more like Takao trying to reach out to Brooklyn's innocence in the midst of his madness.

What I meant by the show jumping the shark during that fight meant that the show reached a point that was so extreme, there was no possible way for them to continue onwards from it. Since it's the final episode, they can get away with this.
Ah I see what you mean, the only thing more radical is SPACE!!! Time travel and all that complicated stuff. However, 4D was way more dynamic as a final episode than the bland Zero G one which in comparison is very underwhelming, I know it's Zero G but it's still part of the Metal Saga, the only explanation is that they planned a second series.
(Apr. 19, 2015  7:09 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Beyblade is just a really funny show, conceptually — you've got kids fighting with secret Russian organizations bent on world domination with spinning tops, and such. In G-Revolution, BEGA is seen as villainous because they have like, private spinning top stores. It's just nuts.

But the latter half of G-Revolution adds Dragon Ball Z to the show's formula and oh man, it's just really nuts to see how athletic it all gets. And then Dragoon and Dranzer create an explosion so huge it covers half of the earth, and then the tops create some sort of hyper-romantic cosmic pocket dimension.
It's no surprise really when you consider that the director of G Revolution, Mitsuo Hashimoto, worked on a lot of Dragon Ball stuff.
I will be scanning in the new Beyblade Burst manga next month in June 2015's Coro Coro Comics. I pre-order them on Amazon Japan, and I get them just a few days after release date. I've been getting them like 4 months ago so I can scan the Future Card Buddyfight manga. The scan quality will be like I've been doing on my Buddyfight manga scans. Here's a sample page
I'm rewatching the dub and just noticed that "Swing High, Swing Low" debuts very late in the first season; when Kai steals all of PPB's spirits. That's 40-something.

Oh, and the episode where Ray and Mariah battle on the mountain is ugly as sin, even for this show.
The only thing Beyblade related in June 2015 Coro Coro issue.

(May. 19, 2015  11:18 AM)DranzerX13 Wrote: The only thing Beyblade related in June 2015 Coro Coro issue.

I am disappoint. Perhaps in July.
So I rewatched 2002/V-Force. As some of us already knew, it's not very good.

Everything before Kane and his friends show up is pretty bad. The mystery behind the Saint Shields is not very exciting and the Enemy-Blader-of-the-Week format gets old. Takao becomes a real little sh*t after winning the first championship and is insufferable. Hiromi is in the same boat. She's obviously been added because the show is a sausage fest but she borders on sexist and offensive with how grating she is. Max and Rei don't do much of anything, and Kai's relationship with Yuuya is half-baked. He's barely there, so it's not really sad when he dies.

There's an uptick when the finalized Psykicks arrive, but not much. We all know the show is animated on the cheap and we occasionally get a nice looking episode, but just about every even-numbered episode was a dog. And Dragoon VS Cyber Dragoon? It's the Goku VS Freeza fight of Beyblade. Too long, the story has no real weight(Kane just intermittently takes or loses control), and the Beyblades just tap and grind at each other most of the time. Actually, that's a problem with this season as a whole. Dr. B is, I think, unintentionally hilarious.

The Rock Holy Beast arc is, again, a mixed bag. Slightly more thought was given to these Bladers than the one-off Psykicks, so there is that, but they still don't have quite the gravitas as Kane's group. Also, Zagart just has another facility full of Bladers ready to go when Psykick fails? I guess you can handwave it that he's rich. The amusement park battle is great. The Saint Shields' mantra is put to the test and BBA Team earns the right to not be stalked by cloaked freaks anymore.

The World Championship arc was equally great up until the Zeo reveal. King and Queen are unique in that they're the only main characters in the entire show that are flat-out jerks, even though they get minor redemption. Zeo being an android is just dumb, and it completely falls apart if you think about it for any long period of time. The manga counterpart, with Leon, works specifically because he's a human. He grew up for years with his identity basically stolen from him, it makes sense he would be angry. Android Zeo? That all depends on when did the original Zeo die in the anime, which we are never told. How long ago was Android Zeo built? How long has he been living this lie? Is he programmed with the original Zeo's memories? If he was built many years ago when Zagart stole the original Holy Beast Rock and disappeared, did Zeo ever age? These are things the scriptwriters didn't think anyone would notice or care about when they came up with this. My theory is that it was a "controversy scrubbing." What happens in the manga, while highly improbable, is not impossible. A father could theoretically go insane and raise his second-born as his first-born, given the second-born isn't old enough to remember having a name. The anime is just science fiction, could never happen, and is inimitable, so it's less "impactful" on viewers. It's an out-of-nowhere Pinocchio story. I hate it.

Best battles in 2002:
Takao VS Ozuma at the Amusement Park
Zeo VS Ozuma
Max VS Jim
King & Queen VS Mariam & Yusuf
Takao VS King
Max VS Queen

And then you have battles that, while not having outstanding Beyblade choreography, where buoyed by strong writing/directing and story(Kai VS Goki, Ray VS Salima, Max VS Mariam at the Amusement Park). Worst battle, as I said before, was Dragoon VS Cyber Dragoon. The majority of the battles this season felt like filler inbetween the trash-talking, and lots of gimmicks(Phantom Spider spitting webbing, Battranzer operating in the dark, etc.).

I guess I have to mention Takao VS Zeo. It's well animated, and I like the idea that it was so intense they completely eradicate the stadium and have to finish the battle in a freaking crater, but it's SERIOUSLY bogged down by the "I'm a robot" thing. Also, there's a scene where the battle takes to the sky, they start destroying the fluorescent lights, and sparkles rain down on the arena. I guess this is supposed to be "cool" or whatever, but if you think about it longer than five seconds, you realize broken glass is raining from the sky onto thousands of children. It's so incredibly stupid.
I remember when many use to tell me that Old Gen wasn't only better for the toyline, but the anime episodes were better too, oh really? Can you explain V-Force?! I have never ever seen a series this bland that wasn't Zero G! If you like it, then that's fine but I don't.

The battle is underwhelming of Zeo VS Takao, I know things like dimensions or world destruction are stupid but they were enjoyable and show more effort while Zeo vs Takao is just an average episode.

I like Ray and Salimas relationship, it was cute but Dragoon and Cyber Dragoon battle definitely sucked, lasting 3 episodes and most of it is Cyber Dragoon "Growing Bigger"... Okay bull****, Cyber Dragoon is constantly growing bigger YET he retained his size, and he is ONLY a bit bigger than Dragoon, by his tail! Hiromi is unnecessary and annoying, she's a Tsundere type character which you all know I usually hate, she is no better, she whines and does that stupid face while yapping, she is useless and without her, no doubt will it be easier. That worthless trash cooks and trains and does that Back To Basic poster yeah, but Koju is easily capable of that! Takaos Grandfather can cook already. Episode 20, oh my god this one really pissed me off, this shows Takaos new self, and he is an arrogant little brat and is unlikable, he is so angry ALL the time and I HATE HIM, HATE HATE HATE HATE him as much as Hiromi in V-Force, Takao isn't even funny here. The big problem with Episode 20 as I mentioned constantly throughout my time here, is the hypocracy of the characters, I know it's a "kids show" and I'm being picky, well I guess I am but here's two reasons why I still don't accept it: one, just because it's a kids show that's NOT an excuse, two, the mistakes I mention are from the actual plot of the episode. Takao wants to cheat which is out of character, but the characters say he can't modify his beyblade to three layer attack rings, even though it's perfectly fine for Tryhorn, okay I'll give it the benefit of the doubt that this rule came later which was why the wacky blades from Season 1 were never seen again. However, these are the same hypocrites who accept the HMS system just like that, it's an entirely different system and they are meant to be heavier and stronger and they are okay with it? But yet Takao can't modify a LARGER attack ring, Trypio had a large attack ring even to this day, so making a new system which are very powerful and almost unfair is okay, but a larger attack ring, nope that's too much, at this point I believe these rule changes are just to keep the plot going. You know what, I could tolerate the other three that wasn't Takao but now I don't care for any of them(In V-Force at least). They radically changed the art style which is fine and the new CGI looks... interesting but haven't aged well, to be expected however. The story is heavily focused on Bit Beasts and unfortunately that means more corny Bit wrestling, which is... stupid...
The Saint Shields are... okay I guess, Ozuma is pretty cool and I like his attitude, it's not too bland and I like his English voice, Yusuf is pretty forgettable IMO, he never EVER has his own focused episode, Mariam and -snickers- Dunga are overly focused, yes, more than Ozuma, but the first Kai vs -snickers- Dunga was pretty good, and Max vs Mariam created some good chemistr between the two, Dunga is pretty funny and Mariam is a strong female character which I like.

The Psykicks are pretty good, Kane is errr Kane, he is pretty cool but pretty whiny, same with Jim Jam, Salima is kind and sweet and her chemistry with Rei is some of the best in the series, Goki... is pretty forgettable as there needs to be more scenes with him but he's just a harmless meathead I guess.

Zeo himself is okay, he's determined and reminds me of Sora a little but whines only because the main character is being an absolute doodoo bag to him, unlike Ginga. But him beig a robot?! Come on! That screams a**pull! At least it seems this way because it was never really explained how he was built, only why he was. The need to gather bit beast to create life... WHAT?! The other random Psykicks ones are pretty generic and pointless and seems like filler. Yuuya is just Kai's fan who determines to beat him and dies... Oooh what a shame. Anyway, as for the plot, it's pretty repetitive and ridiculous and can get stupid, it can be fun but can be boring at times, it leads to a meh conclusion, I only really liked the Psykick segments with Kane and all that, except the last battle which took too long, shouldn't Zeos battle last longer? Oh well. The Saitn Shield plot is here and there but can be repetitive, but the battles are cool I guess, and the conclusion seems worth it.

But still, this is one of the worst Beyblade series ever, I had this rated better than Zero G which I thought was the worst, but this one may overtake it this time.
The head writer for G Revolution worked on all of Metal Fight, so it doesn't surprise me that 2002 was worse. I've only seen about ten episodes of MF; the subs were very slow. Is it even completely translated?
(May. 20, 2015  5:22 PM)Psykick B Wrote: The head writer for G Revolution worked on all of Metal Fight, so it doesn't surprise me that 2002 was worse. I've only seen about ten episodes of MF; the subs were very slow. Is it even completely translated?

I doubt it, I watched the series back in 2010 in May and there were only 14 episodes subbed for MFB and it slowly gave away subbed episodes.
@J.I.N.B.E.E! - Originally, I also thought Zero G and 4D were the worst but looking back at them, they wasn't as bad as I had described them and besides that, I also find V-Force to be much worse (And a god awful one at that). Here are my positives and negatives.
The positives are that... the animation does not make the characters look fat (I guess)... not that being fat is a problem but the way they are designed, they weren't suppose to look fat and yet they do in the Beyblade 2000 series. Thankfully here, they look slightly better although smaller. I also liked Salima, King and Queen.
Ok positives are over, time for the negatives.
The negatives are... oh I dunno... HOW ABOUT ALMOST EVERYTHING?!!! I really hated this series. The HUGE inconsistencies in between the series are a joke, the characters are mostly bland or unlikeable, the episodes are extremely repetitive, the bit-beasts are more abundant than they were in the previous series, the World Championship is not worthy as it was only set in Japan, the battles are boring (especially Dragoon vs Cyber Dragoon) and the plot and dialogue is so horrible that even the Duel Masters ENGLISH DUB would laugh at it...

V-Force Fans: -they all gasp very loudly and concernedly-

Oh that's right, I (inserts f word) said it! I hate this series that much!!! Now let's get to why this sucks so much!
The inconsistencies just baffles me considering it's SUPPOSE TO BE CANON to the 2000 series, as J.I.N.B.E.E said, episode 20 tells me that you cannot modify or upgrade your Beyblade despite them doing it ALL THE TIME. Do not tell me that it is perfectly legal to have a MODIFIED SPRING BASE, THREE ATTACK RINGS AND A WOOLLY BEYBLADE BUT NOT A LARGER ATTACK RING!!! Not only isthat inconsistent but it makes Max, Ray, Kai and ESPECIALLY Kenny a bunch of massive hypocrites. Didn't Kenny also design HMS Beyblades when it's not a compatible system? Again, what a hypocrite! I don't give a donkey's (a word) if they have no Beyblade parts, if they have the material provided by the All Stars then they can just make more plastic Beyblades!!! Another inconsistency is that the previous contestants from the 2000 series do not appear (even though they were back in G-Revolution) and you would hink they would come back to the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! Wait... I'll explain the World Championships afterwards.
The characters mostly suck in this series. Tyson is such a massive git, all he does is act cocky, arrogant, egotistical and downright mean. He never listens AT ALL (Even 2000 and G-Revolution Tyson actually listened sometimes) and always runs off to have a tantrum. Ray is extremely modest in this one which is out of character. Max is... meh. Kai... GOOD LORD, what has happened to Kai. Asides from him (along with the others) being a hypocrite in episode 20, he is also too soft in this series in which I understand gives him more emotion which is fine but he is too damn nice and says cheesy things (in the dub). Lets not forget he tried to quit blading twice because he was bored (which is legit) but the second time is stupid. He quit the second time because he lost Dranzer. Why does Kai care? I know Dranzer was like a friend to him but I don't think Dranzer would want Kai to quit and become a weaker person. Does Kai really need a lousy bit beast to win? Hilary... I LOATHE HER SO MUCH. If you thought Jar Jar Binks was a bad character... he still is but we have someone more annoying than him and that's Hilary. All she does is whine and complain. She is useless in any category she tries to be in, her cooking is horrible, she isn't as smart as Kenny etc. Her voice grates on my ears and ugh... I don't even think she is good enough to appeal to the female audience because if you wanted to promote BEYBLADE to girls then make a female blader. The Saint Shields are repetitive, the generic Psykick members are boring and bland, the four main Psykick members are okay (Salima is cool though) and I guess Zeo isn't bad either.
The episodes are repetitive because they USUALLY go like this... "Team Psykick sends a member to steal the Bladebreakers bit beasts..." That sounds familiar...
The bit beasts are such bothersome gimmicks to sell the toys but they also take away the focus lf the tops battling CONSIDERING THIS IS A BEYBLADE SERIES!!! The bit beats would wrestle and scratch each other which makes me cringe... seriously, if I wanted to see monsters battling each other then I'd go and watch Pokemon instead as it makes more sense.
The World Champion is a steaming pile of carp because IT ONLY TAKES PLACE INSIDE JAPAN so it technically means it's not a WORLD Championships, it's Japan's Championship. Oh and the World Championship here is very boring with the exception of any battles with King and Queen.
The battles are repetitive like the episodes, any episode with a generic Psykick member battling is not fun and it is repetitive, I didn't enjoy Tyson vs Kane because it was long, cringe-worthy and just not fun. I didn't even like the battle between Tyson vs Zeo.
The plot is like Pokemon excpet written much worse. It is so stupid and dumb. With Pokemon, it works because the whole universe is based on monsters but in Beyblade, it's always been about spinning tops. If Zagart wants to transfer bit beats inside Zeo then just destroy the Bladebreakers beys and allow them to transport into Zeo's body... I mean, Zagart has done radical things before so...

Overall, it's probably the worst Beyblade series (unless you count Beyraiderz) with only a few decent episodes that don't even compare to Byblade 2000, G-Revolution or any if the MFB series. This series is horrible.
Oh. And the dub made bad, worse. So it even has that.
At least the JP show had really great music.
(May. 20, 2015  9:28 PM)Neo Wrote: Oh. And the dub made bad, worse. So it even has that.

Yeah, BG music was quite good and the op of V-Force is great.
(May. 20, 2015  9:30 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(May. 20, 2015  9:28 PM)Neo Wrote: Oh. And the dub made bad, worse. So it even has that.

Ah, OFF THE CHAINS, although not really a Beyblade song per say, is my favorite Beyblade theme to date.
(May. 20, 2015  9:40 PM)Neo Wrote:
(May. 20, 2015  9:30 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:

Ah, OFF THE CHAINS, although not really a Beyblade song per say, is my favorite Beyblade theme to date.

I still think Go Ahead is one of the best, but my favourite beyblade ED music of all time is "Sign Of Wish", I love this ending! It sounds so nice and I always have a good time listening to the singing.

Hell, I even love the Ming Ming song Kira Revolution, not beyblade like but it's a nice tune.
Yeah, for a while the first 14 Episodes were on repeat on Cartoon Network if I remember correctly,then again they used to air a new episode on Saturday and Sunday morning. So it is a decent excuse.
Yeah, the Holy Beasts just wrestling stuck out a lot. I guess the upside is that the few times they actually DID something, it was made a lot more enjoyable by how scarce it was(Draciel slamming Cyber Draciel's head into the wall, Cyber Dragoon electrocuting Dragoon until Dragoon's head just hangs). Also, this is from 2001, but another really great, only-happened-once moment is when they're fighting Team WHO/the Dark Bladers. Rei finds a silver coin, flips it onto his bit chip, and Driger roars out with completely metallic skin. He uses it to beat Howling/Lupinex.

And I forgot to mention the other weird thing about 2002's championships; it makes zero sense. It's got a Mexican representative team and... Nowhere else? How do you even qualify for the tournament that year? Zeo is in the (supposed)Japanese regionals, drops out... but then Zagart is able to get him back in along with Gordo(I don't think it's ever even said why Daitenji/Mr. Dickenson allows this). Same with King and Queen; they didn't even have to compete! Does the Japanese version say anything about this?
(May. 21, 2015  12:10 AM)Psykick B Wrote: Zeo is in the (supposed)Japanese regionals, drops out... but then Zagart is able to get him back in along with Gordo(I don't think it's ever even said why Daitenji/Mr. Dickenson allows this). Same with King and Queen; they didn't even have to compete! Does the Japanese version say anything about this?

Considering how close Mr.D and Zagart once were. It's heavily assumed that he did it out of friendly compassion. Since based on the little information we have, Zagart usually never asked Mr.D for much so it's an overwhelming sensation. Considering it was 30 Years long past. He would've given in to it.

Let's rip up what we know of King and Queen...There is a few things that could answer how they got to the world tournament.

-Only way they stood a chance against the Blade Breakers is with Dr.Ks data...Which didn't help.
-Are parts hunters, obsessive ones at that.
-To quote Episode 46:
King:"I do hate tournaments, with all of there unnecessary people."
Queen:"Think of it as one big part store."
-Compete only for parts (Seen with Mariam and Jospehs defeat and limiting the competition with Kane and Jim)