Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

For you, what's the best animated move in the entire franchise?
[Image: giphy.gif]
(Aug. 10, 2021  6:58 PM)Instarez Wrote: For you, what's the best animated move in the entire franchise?

I always thought that burst had the best animation.
(Aug. 10, 2021  7:18 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2021  6:58 PM)Instarez Wrote: For you, what's the best animated move in the entire franchise?

I always thought that burst had the best animation.

Need people to stop saying this when Tyson vs. Kai exists. There's really no real reason for this argument besides age, which isn't a factor at all. Bleach and Naruto still have animation that beats out 90% of anime today. 
[Image: FaintHeavyBarracuda-size_restricted.gif]
[Image: aea85b3b93175170fd556f205657e6fe25af43fc_hq.gif]
I havn't seen vforce since i was a kid but when i heard the theme again recently it came right back to me lol
Apparently Moses crossed the red sea with a beyblade

(Aug. 10, 2021  7:22 PM)Instarez Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2021  7:18 PM)Zeutron Wrote: I always thought that burst had the best animation.

Need people to stop saying this when Tyson vs. Kai exists. There's really no real reason for this argument besides age, which isn't a factor at all. Bleach and Naruto still have animation that beats out 90% of anime today. 

I feel like a couple battles don't really highlight the og animation for me. Also really like the better quality animation of modern anime.
(Aug. 10, 2021  9:42 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2021  5:26 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Apparently Rashad also gets hate because he uses a red Savior. Like if you're gonna hate the man then hate him for an actual reason, i feel like hating his hairline would be a better argument than him using someone else's bey

(Real talk though, Rashad do got a nice hairline)

Wholeheartedly agree with just about everything that you have said. Sad part is that Rashad is arguably a lot more creative and well developed than most of the overly dramatic characters in the burst franchise as is, and he has hardly done anything yet so you can imagine how I view a lot of the characterization. 

Some Valt fans truly make me sick too, the way they worship him as some type of perfect unfailing character (and ironically, completely perfect and mistakeless characters are considered some of the absolute worst in terms of writing quality and story building) and feel like any form of breach regarding his character is negative. Like seriously, I remember Valt fans going crazy after the DB teaser was leaked (It looked like he had black sclera due to poor quality) because they thought Valt having an evil arc would be a "betrayal to his character" and were much more comfortable with seeing him acquire zero development whilst more or less having the same role he has had for the past 3 seasons- yeah, that's as crazy as some Valt fans can be. Personally, I would admit that Valt is also my favorite burst character but if I am being brutally honest, Rashad is a lot more respectable as a character. Valt is one of those typical overly enthusiastic, morally bright, journey to the top recurring anime protagonists whilst Rashad is actually a lot more creative in pretty much all aspects from design to personality to role in the story. Valt uses tons of overly used character tropes and has a basic design alongside a totally generic journey and moral complexity, in other words, he is what many people would call a "safe play." Basic overused characters full of easily implemented and overused concepts as well as a low amount of creative depth all of which are quite common in anime protagonists and kids shows. Rashad on the other hand is an actual risk and a thoroughly thought out character which is far more applaudable.

The hardcore Valt fans will absolutely loathe me for this post.

That's cool and all. But respectively, you need to explain when you said that Free is a generic character. Valt and Shu are way more generic than Free. The only character Free remind me of is L from Death Note, but other than that I don't see any other character that is role model to Free. Can you also give me characters that would be an "emo powerhouse" like Free? Because when it comes to Valt and Shu, I can name characters that they take after.  
(No disrespect or hate intended)
(Aug. 10, 2021  8:46 PM)Dark red Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2021  9:42 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Wholeheartedly agree with just about everything that you have said. Sad part is that Rashad is arguably a lot more creative and well developed than most of the overly dramatic characters in the burst franchise as is, and he has hardly done anything yet so you can imagine how I view a lot of the characterization. 

Some Valt fans truly make me sick too, the way they worship him as some type of perfect unfailing character (and ironically, completely perfect and mistakeless characters are considered some of the absolute worst in terms of writing quality and story building) and feel like any form of breach regarding his character is negative. Like seriously, I remember Valt fans going crazy after the DB teaser was leaked (It looked like he had black sclera due to poor quality) because they thought Valt having an evil arc would be a "betrayal to his character" and were much more comfortable with seeing him acquire zero development whilst more or less having the same role he has had for the past 3 seasons- yeah, that's as crazy as some Valt fans can be. Personally, I would admit that Valt is also my favorite burst character but if I am being brutally honest, Rashad is a lot more respectable as a character. Valt is one of those typical overly enthusiastic, morally bright, journey to the top recurring anime protagonists whilst Rashad is actually a lot more creative in pretty much all aspects from design to personality to role in the story. Valt uses tons of overly used character tropes and has a basic design alongside a totally generic journey and moral complexity, in other words, he is what many people would call a "safe play." Basic overused characters full of easily implemented and overused concepts as well as a low amount of creative depth all of which are quite common in anime protagonists and kids shows. Rashad on the other hand is an actual risk and a thoroughly thought out character which is far more applaudable.

The hardcore Valt fans will absolutely loathe me for this post.

That's cool and all. But respectively, you need to explain when you said that Free is a generic character. Valt and Shu are way more generic than Free. The only character Free remind me of is L from Death Note, but other than that I don't see any other character that is role model to Free. Can you also give me characters that would be an "emo powerhouse" like Free? Because when it comes to Valt and Shu, I can name characters that they take after.  
(No disrespect or hate intended)

I cannot name any character of the top of my head because Free is not a generic character composed of a single archetype, but rather dozens of generic and  uninspiring archetypes. My explanation isn't needed either, there are thousands of characters pertaining to those types of archetypes in all types of media and literature, not just anime/manga need I say more? The overpowered edgelord and boring emo archetypes are everywhere, I highly doubt that L from death note is the only charatcer you can find the corresponds to one or the other but that is something only you would know. As for your initial statement-I agree, Valt and Shu are a lot more generic than Free, there is no doubt about it but unlike Free, they have actually received proper charatcer development and emotional appeal while Free is just as much of a statue as he has ever been.
(Aug. 10, 2021  7:42 PM)LegendJustice Wrote: Apparently Moses crossed the red sea with a beyblade

…… I mean A+ on creativity, but BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA on pretty much every other thing besides the made up stories
(Aug. 10, 2021  8:42 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2021  7:22 PM)Instarez Wrote: Need people to stop saying this when Tyson vs. Kai exists. There's really no real reason for this argument besides age, which isn't a factor at all. Bleach and Naruto still have animation that beats out 90% of anime today. 

I feel like a couple battles don't really highlight the og animation for me. Also really like the better quality animation of modern anime.

I already covered this. Animation quality does not always get better overtime. That's not like a set rule. Multiple battles rival or are completely better than modern ones.
(Aug. 11, 2021  12:21 AM)Instarez Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2021  8:42 PM)Zeutron Wrote: I feel like a couple battles don't really highlight the og animation for me. Also really like the better quality animation of modern anime.

I already covered this. Animation quality does not always get better overtime. That's not like a set rule. Multiple battles rival or are completely better than modern ones.

Ok lol how about this, I like the way the burst animation looks? For inexplicable reasons but I just do 😂
(Aug. 10, 2021  7:18 PM)Zeutron Wrote: I always thought that burst had the best animation.
Need people to stop saying this when Tyson vs. Kai exists. There's really no real reason for this argument besides age, which isn't a factor at all.
The only argument is the quality yes the og series was made in the early 2000s but keep in mind the word best animated we have to compare it based on quality, how much people vote it for the best, the movement ect ect ect . it certainly a very good animated battle compared to other stuff ive seen in the og series but it doesn't that modern day standard in terms of quality yes it might took the spot of the best in the early days but seeing it now for me at least it doesn't qualify as it.
(Aug. 11, 2021  12:30 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2021  7:22 PM)Instarez Wrote: Need people to stop saying this when Tyson vs. Kai exists. There's really no real reason for this argument besides age, which isn't a factor at all.
The only argument is the quality yes the og series was made in the early 2000s but keep in mind the word best animated we have to compare it based on quality, how much people vote it for the best, the movement ect ect ect . it certainly a very good animated battle compared to other stuff ive seen in the og series but it doesn't that modern day standard in terms of quality yes it might took the spot of the best in the early days but seeing it now for me at least it doesn't qualify as it.

Do you have any reasons? Movement? MFB and Gen 1 have way more movement than Burst, in Burst they're stationary the whole battle.
[Image: tumblr_n3jaxveVU81txa62uo1_500.gifv]

Fluidity? That's pretty much existed for a long time. I already posted and example but I'll repost it. Gingka's motion and Pegasis' effect aren't just good for the time, they're good period.

Beyblade has always and will always have plenty of effects. I already showed this, but the flaming wing effects are still valid examples.

There really is no good reason besides just genuine bias. The argument is flawed. It's not definitively worse cause it's older. They didn't come up with a new way to animate that makes every way better.
(Aug. 11, 2021  1:09 AM)Instarez Wrote: Do you have any reasons? Movement? MFB and Gen 1 have way more movement than Burst, in Burst they're stationary the whole battle.
Sorry I didn't really specify this before but the CG is what I meant by quality the lack in quality. the CG usage as has a bad spinning effect
Hey, does anyone know where I can find DranzerX?
(Aug. 11, 2021  1:09 AM)Instarez Wrote:
(Aug. 11, 2021  12:30 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: The only argument is the quality yes the og series was made in the early 2000s but keep in mind the word best animated we have to compare it based on quality, how much people vote it for the best, the movement ect ect ect . it certainly a very good animated battle compared to other stuff ive seen in the og series but it doesn't that modern day standard in terms of quality yes it might took the spot of the best in the early days but seeing it now for me at least it doesn't qualify as it.

What I think is the reason is that the art style has changed to a more "modern" outlook. That is what I think everyone is trying to say. Burst Has been more aesthetically pleasing. I don't think there has been any significant change in animation per say but the art style has definitely improved with the help of modern technology

wow you popped off faster than i'd expect
you kinda started something from nothing in that case
he just said that he "always thought burst had the best animation" not "burst has the best animation"
Man, I want to see Rashad's real Bey!!! I think it will be Reginleif, one of Odin's Valkyries. And I think its avatar is going to be a red version of Valkyrie's avatar (a warrior on a horse).
(Aug. 11, 2021  2:23 AM)Dark red Wrote: Man, I want to see Rashad's real Bey!!! I think it will be Reginleif, one of Odin's Valkyries. And I think its avatar is going to be a red version of Valkyrie's avatar (a warrior on a horse).

I doubt it'll be super similar to Valkyrie, in fact, it might just be a completely different bey that shares no resemblance whatsoever
(Aug. 11, 2021  2:30 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Aug. 11, 2021  2:23 AM)Dark red Wrote: Man, I want to see Rashad's real Bey!!! I think it will be Reginleif, one of Odin's Valkyries. And I think its avatar is going to be a red version of Valkyrie's avatar (a warrior on a horse).

I doubt it'll be super similar to Valkyrie, in fact, it might just be a completely different bey that shares no resemblance whatsoever
yeah that would spark rashad's new taste in originality (if it exists)
(Aug. 11, 2021  1:57 AM)Vtryuga Wrote:
(Aug. 11, 2021  1:09 AM)Instarez Wrote:

What I think is the reason is that the art style has changed to a more "modern" outlook. That is what I think everyone is trying to say. Burst Has been more aesthetically pleasing. I don't think there has been any significant change in animation per say but the art style has definitely improved with the help of modern technology

I don't know what you mean by this lol. Art Style is subjective, that's not definitive at all.

Also being more aesthetically pleasing just doesn't make sense at all Some effects sure, but I've never seen anyone go to Burst for aesthetically pleasing. That hasn't really changed overall.
[Image: Kai-and-Tyson-beyblade-31083357-500-375.gif]
Art style is definitely subjective. However, I dont disagree with Burst coming off as more “modern.” The CGI in Burst is pretty advanced and clean compared to the previous series, because technology marches on and people get better with graphics. And speaking of art style being subjective, I hope no one comes after me for this: Im not a huge fan of Burst’s art style and similar details, but I can overall live with it

Ive said it before — Burst is has a more “child-friendly” artstyle, meaning very colorful and something that would attract kids’ attention. Bakuten and Metal Saga had a lot more realistic and normal-colored hairstyles (although theres still a fair amount of “anime hair’), whereas nearly every single character in Burst has outrageous hair. As for the Beyblade avatars, I agree with the sentiment that the designs look rather “busy” and “nonsense” than appealing. At least in Yu-Gi-Oh!, the monsters had memorable and appealing designs. With Burst, the avatars are too detailed in an unappealing way. It just hits differently from Bakuten and Metal Saga’s styles
By the way, no one answered my question. Please do that, I was interested in the results.
This is probably pretty unoriginal but my personal favorite is the good ol’ Requiem Slash, I think I mainly like it because of the symbolism in both Blader and Beyspirit sharing in it (and it actually looking good unlike Mirage Claw), but it might very well be nostalgic-ish bias because it’s the very first Slash move and all. Idk, I just find it pretty cool and can’t recall anything else off the top of my head that looked better.