Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Jul. 27, 2012  11:30 PM)To Wrote: Pfft, a Beyblade live action movie would never be able to beat the quality of King of Warrior EX.

as much as i love beyblade it would be ridiculous outside of a animation medium. Think about it who would see it besides die hard fans. What would the battles be like? would actual beys be used and if so would they be hasbro or TT and lastly how do we know that it wouldn't wind up like the horrible mess that shall not be name
Some new information on the Metal Fury adaptation since Beyblade.com actually got updated :
http://beyblade.ytv.com/seasons/characters/5/metal-fury

For certain, it is not supposed to be written "Dynamis" ... It should really be Dunamis.

"Tithi" is an OK translation though, I suppose.

Everything else seems intact.
The links leads me to a page that says Beyblade.com is unavailable. This one works for me. http://www.beyblade.com/seasons/characters/5/metal-fury
(Jul. 31, 2012  3:23 PM)Imperial Wrote: The links leads me to a page that says Beyblade.com is unavailable. This one works for me. http://www.beyblade.com/seasons/characters/5/metal-fury

None of them work for me, haha: (Click to View)
(Jul. 31, 2012  3:50 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Everything else seems intact.

Except the website XD
I watched the brazilian dub of Metal Fusion on tv and I'm pretty sure they based on English dub, because Ryuuga's voice was very silly and annoying...
Well uh, I guess this is a random thought. I'm trying to start subtitling the original Bakuten Shoot series. I probably won't get far, considering all else I have to do. Translating anime is really tough though. XD I've translated manga before, though, with relative success. But there's no way I'd find Japanese raws of the manga anywhere though.

If there are raws for the Metal Fight manga, I'd be happy to do them in my free time, I think. I'm just on a Japanese version/nostalgia kick, and I find it a shame that no one's ever stepped up to subtitle the Japanese version, though. Very slowly I've been studying Japanese though. So I feel like I'll get there eventually!
The v-force graphics just...sucked. they even made the beys computer programmed. They tried to make it like that's how they looked since season 1! But no sir!
So, in Zero-G, who is that girl that looks like Madoka? Are they related? The internet has given me nothing so far
(Aug. 06, 2012  6:31 PM)Nitrohammer Wrote: The v-force graphics just...sucked. they even made the beys computer programmed. They tried to make it like that's how they looked since season 1! But no sir!

uh what? The graphics were like 10x better than season 1. You're crazy.
(Aug. 12, 2012  7:44 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: So, in Zero-G, who is that girl that looks like Madoka? Are they related? The internet has given me nothing so far

She is called Mal. As far as is officially known, they are not related, because Madoka is still too young to really have a child ...
The only explanation I can think of then is unoriginality and poor character design, haha
Hm, bad news for us who were hoping Metal Fight Beyblade would be back to thirty minutes in fall ... Cross Fight B-Daman is still getting releases ...
(Aug. 13, 2012  3:41 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, bad news for us who were hoping Metal Fight Beyblade would be back to thirty minutes in fall ... Cross Fight B-Daman is still getting releases ...

Really? I would've loved to see Beyblade to be back to thirty minutes..
May I ask where you get that information? (I haven't found anything new on takaratomy's page and the twitter sites)
o.o? I swear I read that it was being extended?
As far as I know, it was definitely nothing official, what you read ...

Unless TAKARA-TOMY really takes the weird decision to continue releasing Cross Fight B-Daman products while not going on with a second season to actually promote those toys, then, if Metal Fight Beyblade is to get back to thirty-minutes, TAKARA-TOMY would have to purchase a whole new time slot for one of the two shows.
Well, there are rumours that Yu-Gi-Oh ZEXAL is switching to Sunday in October, and the rumours are supported by some magazine evidence too, so there's a free timeslot on a Monday that Takara Tomy could go for if they wanted to.

Of course, they could also decide to cut Transformers due to it's slump in sales.
(Aug. 13, 2012  5:28 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: Of course, they could also decide to cut Transformers due to it's slump in sales.

Do you have a source for this? They've only released 1 quarterly report so far this year so Transformers Prime was barely on TV in that period.

As for replacing Zexal's slot, that's not possible. Some moe otaku trading card game show already has claimed it.
To, both Transformers and Beyblade sales have declined a lot in the latest quarter, according to reports. I can confirm it.
(Aug. 14, 2012  7:55 AM)To Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2012  5:28 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: Of course, they could also decide to cut Transformers due to it's slump in sales.

Do you have a source for this? They've only released 1 quarterly report so far this year so Transformers Prime was barely on TV in that period.

As for replacing Zexal's slot, that's not possible. Some moe otaku trading card game show already has claimed it.

Transformers Prime is airing in Japan as well?

Beyblade goes through phases where it does good for a while, then goes down hill, then does good again. Just give it time. I'm sure the sales for Zero G Beys will get better during the 2nd half of the 1st season.
(Aug. 14, 2012  7:39 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2012  7:55 AM)To Wrote:

Transformers Prime is airing in Japan as well?

Yes, it began broadcast in April. It has continued the trend of having inaccurate and edited Japanese dubs of North American Transformers series. Though it's far from the worst days of Beast Wars and Animated.

I am sure the Japanese find English dubs inaccurate as well, haha. Japanese and English, as we all know, is a hard thing to translate, let alone 100% correctly. There are bound to be things lost in translation due to certain expressions in each language taken out of context, decisions made by the dub editors to improve (or unintentionally worsen) the quality of the dub (ex. "Its over 8000" vs "its over 9000") and then there is the matter of how good modern editing is, and what is being dubbed (1980's vs now) (dubbing CGI vs a cartoon, although I don't know which would be harder). One of the reasons the Beyblade dubs tend to be of lower quality is because the voice actors used are not trained enough to match their dialogue with the edited mouth movement, which is very difficult, especially when the editing isn't top tier, and gets even more so if you try and make your lines not sound idiotic at the same time. If you notice, Ginga's VA in the dub does other cartoons in which he does a much better job than in Beyblade (I caught a glimpse of Almost-Naked Animals once...eh).
There is a difference between things lost in translation and rewriting series so that they're completely comedic (Beast Wars), and attempting to retrofit them into movie canon when they aren't part of said movie canon (Animated). Prime's had the most literal dub of the western Transformers series in Japan, but even then characters like Airachnid have been completely rewritten. If the Beyblade anime series had been dubbed into English like the Transformers series are dubbed into Japanese I imagine this forum would not be very happy.
That moment when people say that the anime (Beyblade, Metal Saga, Beywheelz, english dub) is owned by Hasbro not Nelvana and TV Tokyo. -__-
TV Tokyo technically does not own Beyblade either. D-Rights does.