Questions about the WBO

(Dec. 17, 2020  12:31 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2020  12:30 AM)EarthHelios Wrote: anyone else your missing?

well Harry does not mind being summoned
while Amane and Rantaro does, they are busy, but Harry is more powerful than them anyway

You forgot Carl and Free's deer.
(Dec. 17, 2020  12:31 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2020  12:31 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: well Harry does not mind being summoned
while Amane and Rantaro does, they are busy, but Harry is more powerful than them anyway

You forgot Carl and Free's deer.

DOnt you dare make me call mine and Harry's nemesis Carl
and the Deer is not from Free, is the opposite Free is from Deer
... why do i keep reading these!? this almost feels like a scary tv show

"Questions about the WBO"? no i think this is "Question all users"
I want to know how long the sports thread has been dormant for
(Dec. 17, 2020  1:01 AM)EarthHelios Wrote: I want to know how long the sports thread has been dormant for

Little bit over a year.
when will WBO have an option to change your username?
will the WBO market have metals
(Dec. 17, 2020  1:59 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: will the WBO market have metals

It all depends on MOT,
i HOPE SO wow
What is with the revives and bumps that are unneeded? There are posts hours to minutes before and then a bump or revive, which is basically just spamming at this point. It’s one thing if it’s been dormant for a while, or if it’s marketplace, but that’s not where I’m seeing it.
Shouldn't you close older threads to avoid nercoposting?
Yeah staff I am telling you how to avoid your website to be a mess.
Don't harm me lol.
I was being nice.
(Dec. 18, 2020  12:33 AM)kai edits Wrote: Shouldn't you close older threads to avoid nercoposting?
Don't harm me lol.
I was being nice.

Well here’s the thing, a lot of older threads are still of use. It’s usually only threads with general discussions, released products, answered/fulfilled requests and minor topics that apply to the necroposting rule. In other words, it varies from thread to thread. That being said, when you factor in the tons of old threads alongside the fact that they would have to particularly look into each thread to decide where it’s worth closing or not do you really think anyone has the time for that?
(Dec. 18, 2020  12:33 AM)kai edits Wrote: Shouldn't you close older threads to avoid nercoposting?
Don't harm me lol.
I was being nice.

I have a few things to say about this.

Going through every single thread and checking would take quite a while and mods don’t have time for that.

You have contributed (and still are to an extent) quite a bit to the ‘mess’ that you’re talking about, and maybe you should think in the staff’s shoes for a bit before posting? I’m a moderator elsewhere, and if a member started bossing me around or complaining that the staff supposedly doesn’t do anything (which, they do lots) I would be very upset. Do you think these kinds of posts make you cool?
Don't harm me lol.
I was being nice.

Or...hear me out here...people could read the dates for the threads instead and refrain from posting if it's been a long time, haha.

I think it needs to be said on behalf of the whole moderation team honestly; if we moderated every single scenario on the site, we'd never live our own lives, and at some point people's common sense needs to kick in with regards to these things. Whether it's necrobumping, spam posting, or anything that doesn't fall into our rules, guidelines or even just what we'd expect from quality posting, there definitely needs to be a "help us help you" kind of situation going on here else it just comes unmanagable.

What we see at the moment is a lot of low-quality posting, necrobumping, spam posting etc, and a lot of cleanup that needs to be done as a result. And it piles up continually over time because people just expect it to be the moderation team's problem if they've broken a rule or gone a step too far. And then the "incompetent moderators" or similar remarks start (and yes, it does happen), which is obviously super unfair and discouraging to hear given the efforts everyone puts in, whether it's publicly visible or not.

And I really have to say it: sometimes the ones who are most vocal about the place effectively becoming a dump are the people who contribute the most to making the place a dump. Not referring to anyone specifically here, but it's just some food for thought for everyone really as it's definitely a trend we notice at times.

Ultimately, as I remember Shindog previously saying, people need to show some restraint and work with us, not against us, and that helps us keep a managable workload and also keeps the WBO looking tidy and approachable across all platforms. The forum is what the community makes of it after all; put some effort into your own posts and it improves the quality of discussion. If you don't, the opposite can also be true.

To go back to your point though; obviously if necrobumping really is an overwhelming issue, we can probably put something more technical in place to manage it. But that comes at the cost of some of the cool stuff we're working on (which we'll talk about next month!), so we'd prefer not to take that route if we can avoid it. But the Moderation team are meeting this weekend to discuss what could end up being some tougher measures towards upholding rules and general moderation across all platforms too, so we'll bring this topic up then too.
~Mana~ would replying to a old yet still valuable topic (like an old anime or show or whatever-) be considered necroposting?
(Dec. 18, 2020  1:52 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: ~Mana~ would replying to a old yet still valuable topic (like an old anime or show or whatever-) be considered necroposting?

If you're actively looking to contribute to it, not at all! It can actually be nice to revive some of these older threads rather than making entirely new ones (which is another moderation issue we notice, lots of duplicate threads), and also means that users can explore perhaps some older posts from a different time and find some discussions they missed. There's a lot of quality content that gets lost in the depths of time onsite after all.

So short answer: if you're looking to properly contribute to it, I'd say it's fine! But if it's a low-effort post like "I like Pegasis" on a "What's your favourite Bey" thread from 9 years ago...in the nicest possible way, it's probably better for everyone that you keep that to yourself and find an active thread instead, if any, haha.
(Dec. 17, 2020  2:52 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: when will WBO have an option to change your username?

It might cause confusion a little bit but just simply having an option to change you username and maybe some extra function to find out the users past names would be an easy fix to the problem. I would personally want this 100%.
(Dec. 18, 2020  2:12 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2020  2:52 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: when will WBO have an option to change your username?

It might cause confusion a little bit but just simply having an option to change you username and maybe some extra function to find out the users past names would be an easy fix to the problem. I would personally want this 100%.

To do that is a lot harder than you think.
(Dec. 18, 2020  2:17 AM)Piplup Person Wrote:
(Dec. 18, 2020  2:12 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: It might cause confusion a little bit but just simply having an option to change you username and maybe some extra function to find out the users past names would be an easy fix to the problem. I would personally want this 100%.

To do that is a lot harder than you think.

Just have an option to change your username, and the past username simply goes into a special place that you can access under the member icon or whatever where ou can just press the thing to see past usernames. Not saying coding is easy, but it doesn't take a genius to make think of this fix.
(Dec. 18, 2020  2:19 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 18, 2020  2:17 AM)Piplup Person Wrote: To do that is a lot harder than you think.

Just have an option to change your username, and the past username simply goes into a special place that you can access under the member icon or whatever where ou can just press the thing to see past usernames. Not saying coding is easy, but it doesn't take a genius to make think of this fix.

I believe the reasoning for removing the username-changing feature was that it might cause some inconsistencies or issues when it comes to the ranking system.
There needs to be a better way to prevent bots and rude people. I don't think ReCaptcha is doing the trick.

(Dec. 20, 2020  2:02 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Please just let this troll be. Staff will get to them, you’re just feeding the troll. Nothing good is coming out of this

Thank You Cheeto! Im getting sick of him anyway.
~Mana~ Can’t you just ban the ip addresses of these certain accounts? It would effectively stop most of them unless they really are that desperate.
Exactly what I've been doing, but they're using different IPs each time. Hard to counter it when that's the case and just means that we have to waste time moderating everything manually now, haha.
(Dec. 20, 2020  2:08 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Exactly what I've been doing, but they're using different IPs each time. Hard to counter it when that's the case, haha.

Ahh ok that’s understandable. Must be someone really desperate for attention.
Well do your best, it probably isn't easy dealing with this chaos.