Questions about the WBO

(Jun. 01, 2021  3:21 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: Question, is there an application for a moderator?

There is not. We make selections and extend offers to users privately based on our needs at any given time.

Loving Beyblade, being active in the community online or offline, being helpful to others, mature, and/or possessing skills which are valuable are the sorts of things that would of course make someone stand out to us when we are looking to add new staff members.
(Jun. 10, 2021  6:17 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 01, 2021  3:21 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: Question, is there an application for a moderator?

There is not. We make selections and extend offers to users privately based on our needs at any given time.

Loving Beyblade, being active in the community online or offline, being helpful to others, mature, and/or possessing skills which are valuable are the sorts of things that would of course make someone stand out to us when we are looking to add new staff members.

I see. Thanks!
Can you change your user name?
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:27 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: Can you change your user name?

Pm Mana.
I wouldn't I pm-ed mana but that was last week

she still hasn't answerd
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:39 PM)Super A Wrote: I wouldn't I pm-ed mana but that was last week

she still hasn't answerd

Quick reminder that Mana uses he/him pronouns
~Mana~ can you please PM me on how I can change my username (when you've got the time) thx :)
(Jun. 19, 2021  2:50 AM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: ~Mana~ can you please PM me on how I can change my username (when you've got the time) thx Smile

Actually I wanna know to!
(Jun. 16, 2021  1:40 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:39 PM)Super A Wrote: I wouldn't I pm-ed mana but that was last week

she still hasn't answerd

Quick reminder that Mana uses he/him pronouns

I am indeed male. Though, given that everyone assumes I'm not, perhaps I'm just an unusual female and don't know it yet? 😅

(it's actually just entertaining to not correct people, hence why I've never addressed it in the past several years)

(Jun. 19, 2021  2:50 AM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: ~Mana~ can you please PM me on how I can change my username (when you've got the time) thx :)

PM me with the username you want to change to (make sure you check that it's available first), and I can take a look into it.

Of note, we only offer one username change per user, so make your choice count. Similarly, we can't change the username of a user who has taken part in a processed ranked event either, so keep that in mind.
(Jun. 19, 2021  9:38 PM)~Mana~ Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2021  1:40 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Quick reminder that Mana uses he/him pronouns

I am indeed male. Though, given that everyone assumes I'm not, perhaps I'm just an unusual female and don't know it yet? 😅

(it's actually just entertaining to not correct people, hence why I've never addressed it in the past several years)

(Jun. 19, 2021  2:50 AM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: ~Mana~ can you please PM me on how I can change my username (when you've got the time) thx Smile

PM me with the username you want to change to (make sure you check that it's available first), and I can take a look into it.

Of note, we only offer one username change per user, so make your choice count. Similarly, we can't change the username of a user who has taken part in a processed ranked event either, so keep that in mind.

Ok I sent you a message thx Smile
(Jun. 20, 2021  12:13 AM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote:
(Jun. 19, 2021  9:38 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: I am indeed male. Though, given that everyone assumes I'm not, perhaps I'm just an unusual female and don't know it yet? 😅

Ok I sent you a message thx Smile
What are you changing it to? Unhappy
(Jun. 20, 2021  12:19 AM)USN Wrote:
(Jun. 20, 2021  12:13 AM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: Ok I sent you a message thx Smile
What are you changing it to? Unhappy

You'll see Smile

Thank you Mana Do yall like my new name?
This has probably been answered but I really don't want to go through a thread that dates back to 2008. Anyways I am curious about one of the tournament rules. It says that you have to announce to the judges and player clearly if you are left or right spin. I find that a bit odd as to why thats a rule. I'm not arguing or griping but I'm trying to read and understand the rules before I actually compete and this was one that struck me as extremely odd and irrelevant.
(Jun. 25, 2021  5:09 AM)LoneStarBlader Wrote: This has probably been answered but I really don't want to go through a thread that dates back to 2008. Anyways I am curious about one of the tournament rules. It says that you have to announce to the judges and player clearly if you are left or right spin. I find that a bit odd as to why thats a rule. I'm not arguing or griping but I'm trying to read and understand the rules before I actually compete and this was one that struck me as extremely odd and irrelevant.

Some layers, such as every Spriggan after dual layer, or Master, can spin in two directions. You have to tell the judge the spin direction so you don't try to switch it mid-match, which is no longer legal.
(Jun. 25, 2021  5:09 AM)LoneStarBlader Wrote: This has probably been answered but I really don't want to go through a thread that dates back to 2008. Anyways I am curious about one of the tournament rules. It says that you have to announce to the judges and player clearly if you are left or right spin. I find that a bit odd as to why thats a rule. I'm not arguing or griping but I'm trying to read and understand the rules before I actually compete and this was one that struck me as extremely odd and irrelevant.

(Jun. 25, 2021  2:37 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:

Some layers, such as every Spriggan after dual layer, or Master, can spin in two directions. You have to tell the judge the spin direction so you don't try to switch it mid-match, which is no longer legal.

I think one of the rules was that if you have to take a part your bey to switch modes it has to be a part of your deck but what do I know
I was wondering when because then I would host a tournament in Washington state which hasn't had a tournament in years
First, while it's not available, you should probably read the organizer's guide through. You'll be in trouble when the event comes if you don't. Second, you need to be 13 or above. It is not a suggestion.
(Jun. 25, 2021  4:18 PM)Beybladedb Wrote: I was wondering when because then I would host a tournament in Washington state which hasn't had a tournament in years

I think the 28th that's what mana said (please host a tournament there)
Probally 28-29
Wrong subforum, wrong thread. https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Questio...ut-the-WBO
(Jun. 25, 2021  2:49 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:

(Jun. 25, 2021  2:37 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Some layers, such as every Spriggan after dual layer, or Master, can spin in two directions. You have to tell the judge the spin direction so you don't try to switch it mid-match, which is no longer legal.

I think one of the rules was that if you have to take a part your bey  to switch modes it has to be a part  of your deck but what do I know

I guess that makes sense. Still it seems a bit passive? I mean I know not everything can be like the shows but still it kind of seems to me that true mastery of beyblading would come from being able to handle whatever tricks your opponent might throw at you. Announcing thst seems to be making sure no ones feelings get hurt rather than it being unfair in competition🤷🏻‍♂️its all good though I appreciate the both of you weighing and responding to my question. Keep on spinning!
(Jun. 25, 2021  7:21 PM)LoneStarBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2021  2:49 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: I think one of the rules was that if you have to take a part your bey  to switch modes it has to be a part  of your deck but what do I know

I guess that makes sense. Still it seems a bit passive? I mean I know not everything can be like the shows but still it kind of seems to me that true mastery of beyblading would come from being able to handle whatever tricks your opponent might throw at you. Announcing thst seems to be making sure no ones feelings get hurt rather than it being unfair in competition🤷🏻‍♂️its all good though I appreciate the both of you weighing and responding to my question. Keep on spinning!

The point of no spin direction switching is to prevent LAD combos from taking over the meta. True mastery of Beyblade is letting go of anime logic and using real life logic.
(Jun. 26, 2021  3:00 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2021  7:21 PM)LoneStarBlader Wrote: I guess that makes sense. Still it seems a bit passive? I mean I know not everything can be like the shows but still it kind of seems to me that true mastery of beyblading would come from being able to handle whatever tricks your opponent might throw at you. Announcing thst seems to be making sure no ones feelings get hurt rather than it being unfair in competition🤷🏻‍♂️its all good though I appreciate the both of you weighing and responding to my question. Keep on spinning!

The point of no spin direction switching is to prevent LAD combos from taking over the meta. True mastery of Beyblade is letting go of anime logic and using real life logic.
I didn't say anything about using anime logic if I thought that way I'd be running around 10 miles a day and trying to pull tractor tires with one hand and use one beyblade combo until it shattered in a firey clash with a rival  lol players are constantly switching up parts I mean thats a no brainer but what I'm  is if you have l/r spinning beys and you're going to be using them in both directions anyways in different matches announcing it is irrelevant. Correct me if if wrong but you can't switch parts unless something serious happens to your beyor directions in between matches so what difference does make? Not sure what LAD combos taking over the metagame have to do with announcing the direction of your spin mere moments before you launch. I do appreciate you answering though thanks! Nice to see a community with active and friendly members! Been a fan of the show since the 90s but never actually realized there was a competitive real life counterpart as well until just a few months ago...smh...so many years of potential play lost☹
(Jun. 27, 2021  4:23 PM)TitanDragon Wrote: Can I become an organizer here?

K so you have over 50 posts so on the 28th or 29th the organizer quiz will be back up so just study then take it