Question for the general bey community (about the technical aspect of Bey)

(Oct. 11, 2008  3:02 AM)Gravity Fox Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2008  2:59 AM)Gotruto Wrote: yah, im horrible at wording. And did i forget something, or isnt friction the force that slows things down?

And it CAn be worded as "Centered around the beyblade" It simply means all of the weight is "centered" (On) the edge (Around it). Its like saying "Intelligently Stupid" i forgot what its called when a phrase contradicts itself, yet still says a meaning.

haha yeah i get it now. yeah friction slows down objects that are in motion, but without friction, the beyblade wouldn't be able to "stick" to the stadium surface.

Which I believe is one of the reasons why flat tips have low endurance.

And something can't be centered around something. You're talking about positioning, not centering. Centering weight is placing the most weight in the very center, which is not was the Wide disc does.

(Also, a paradox is when an entire statement contradicts it's own meaning, such as "This statement is false")
(Oct. 11, 2008  2:32 AM)Gotruto Wrote: 5) I THINK, a 3 pronged beyblade can easily regain itsbalance because the 3 prongs increase the range of gravity.

My God, it's so simple... How did I not see this before?!

XD
(Oct. 10, 2008  11:14 PM)Grey Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2008  3:18 AM)Spinster Wrote: Must... resist... urge... to go Bill Nye all over this thread....

I'm finding it hard to not answer this guy's questions, too...especially since a lot of these aspects aren't hard to grasp, anyway. A lot of it is common sense.

Please answer these questions.

By expert I meant those that are writing physics guides or have done extensive research in the past for Beywiki. I have read most of these player's responses to these sorta questions before on Damashii and OTC.

Not really anything to do with player level.

To clarify my intention and clear any confusion, I'm primarily doing this because I want to see how different levels of ability in this community have a grasp on the science, engineering and design fundamentals which are behind the beyblade hobby.

I'm not doing this to catch anyone out ^^

There's also something helpful coming your way (I think possibly it may not be needed anymore) after I have finished this research Smile.

Thank you all who have thus far answered my questions.

I look forward to reading more responses!
Just to add to my previous statement, any inaccuracies in answers I will focus on and help you guys with.

There have been some informative answers!
hey no one told me if im right or not?! Angry i would like some constructive criticism as well ;_; lol
(Oct. 08, 2008  10:32 PM)Raikun Wrote: 5) What causes a three pronged blade to wobble and not tip over?
I love the implications of this question.
(Oct. 11, 2008  7:17 AM)AnchoredCross Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2008  2:32 AM)Gotruto Wrote: 5) I THINK, a 3 pronged beyblade can easily regain itsbalance because the 3 prongs increase the range of gravity.

XD

from the Metal ball Defencer page "When spinning rapidly, the metal balls in MBD's base roll up the ramps inside to a position closer to the outside of the blade. This gives a higher center of gravity and increased stability, due to a more uniform distribution of overall weight."

This gives a higher Center of Gravity, AKA Increasesw the diameter,the RANGE, of the beyblades gravity. I thought a 3-Pronged was like master dragoon/Master draciel AR...
(Oct. 08, 2008  10:32 PM)Raikun Wrote: 5) What causes a three pronged blade to wobble and not tip over?

Voodoo.
(Oct. 11, 2008  4:22 PM)Gotruto Wrote:

XD

from the Metal ball Defencer page "When spinning rapidly, the metal balls in MBD's base roll up the ramps inside to a position closer to the outside of the blade. This gives a higher center of gravity and increased stability, due to a more uniform distribution of overall weight."

This gives a higher Center of Gravity, AKA Increasesw the diameter,the RANGE, of the beyblades gravity. I thought a 3-Pronged was like master dragoon/Master draciel AR...

:pwn:

XD

How does that increase Gravity Range? That distributes weight; it's not like Gravity only affects where the metal balls are. I'd suggest reading something on how Gravity works.

Gravity's range =/= strength of Gravity's pull. Gravity doesn't really have a range, actually.
(Oct. 12, 2008  4:44 PM)Grey Wrote: Gravity's range =/= strength of Gravity's pull. Gravity doesn't really have a range, actually.

the previous parts of what you said were correct, but the gravitational field strength which affects a body decreases the further you are from the centre of the Earth. Gravity is the force which attracts bodies towards the centre of the Earth (or equivalent body), and the further away you are from there, the weaker the pull of gravity.
hmm, I dont really know how to word it but "The range of the gavity that hits the parts of the beyblades is increased" should work.
(Oct. 11, 2008  2:29 PM)Nic Wrote:
I love the implications of this question.

Wink))

the trick is spotting the implication.
lol at some parts of this thread.

Please everyone STOP using "Weight"!!!!!!!!!!
You should use MASS. weight changes, mass does not. Weight is a measurement of the force of gravity on mass.

ALSO note that FRICTION is DEPENDANT on the friction Co-EFFICIENT and NORMAL FORCE (gravity when concerned with tip), nothing else.
Not surface area. Not surface area.

friction Co-EFFICIENT- ratio of the force of friction between two surfaces (ie plastic tip on Plastic stadium) represented by "µ".
(Oct. 12, 2008  10:21 PM)Raikun Wrote: Your point is completely moot.

how
(Oct. 12, 2008  4:44 PM)Grey Wrote:

XD

How does that increase Gravity Range? That distributes weight; it's not like Gravity only affects where the metal balls are. I'd suggest reading something on how Gravity works.

Gravity's range =/= strength of Gravity's pull. Gravity doesn't really have a range, actually.

Haha, my point exactly.

Gotruto... Erm. Modern science has yet to figure out a way to increase the "range of gravity". Probably because it's impossible.
(Oct. 12, 2008  4:55 PM)Gravity Fox Wrote:
(Oct. 12, 2008  4:44 PM)Grey Wrote: Gravity's range =/= strength of Gravity's pull. Gravity doesn't really have a range, actually.

the previous parts of what you said were correct, but the gravitational field strength which affects a body decreases the further you are from the centre of the Earth. Gravity is the force which attracts bodies towards the centre of the Earth (or equivalent body), and the further away you are from there, the weaker the pull of gravity.

Actually, gravity doesn't have a range. Even at an infinite distance, it still pulls.

(Oct. 12, 2008  10:19 PM)Blue Wrote: Please everyone STOP using "Weight"!!!!!!!!!!
You should use MASS. weight changes, mass does not. Weight is a measurement of the force of gravity on mass.

ALSO note that FRICTION is DEPENDANT on the friction Co-EFFICIENT and NORMAL FORCE (gravity when concerned with tip), nothing else.

friction Co-EFFICIENT- ratio of the force of friction between two surfaces (ie plastic tip on Plastic stadium) represented by "µ".
I think, for things that are not traveling near the speed of light and doesn't leave very far from the ground, we can just interchangeably use "weight", especially since this is a layman setting.

Also, whatever they tell you about friction in high school, it is a lie. There's no real indication of how exactly friction works. Sometimes, it's perfectly fine to use this approximation. Sometimes, changing the surface area affects. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes, other factors come into play. Over time you start to distrust friction. I have no idea how well it applies here, so I'll personally just leave it as generally having more or less friction.

What actually happens here is that wider tips, having a bigger radius, cover more ground. It's like having bigger wheels. That's all there is to it. Think of bicycles with smaller wheels being able to make small turns easier.
(Oct. 12, 2008  10:19 PM)Blue Wrote: lol at some parts of this thread.

Please everyone STOP using "Weight"!!!!!!!!!!

blue, air resistance/drag is a form of friction. Increased surface area increases a body's drag. i think that means it does matter. Besides, in terms of traction, surface area certainly affects it.
I think Blue was being sarcastic about the discussion about gravity in this thread.
#1 if you have a blade like the s series like dragoon storm driger slash and the f series dranzer flame and stuff the small blade would defintlly spin faster and have a ton of energy depending on how you launch it. but it doesn't neccssiarily mean it is strong it makes up for lack of power but not stronger. if the blade attack ring or blade base are light and the weight disk is made out of the right metal that is heavy for stabillity but not wide small but heavy and the the core gear is heavy then the blade can be stable and fast for 2 times the power. and the attack ring should have extra grip like the attack ring of dragoon(feel the side of dragoon galaxy) and the attack ring should be circular but not straight like dragoon v2. #2 the spinn energy will be reduced depending on how its hit or which angle its hit like episode 1 of g-revoloution when tyson used the force of daichis blade for potential energy to kineic with gravitational force and inertia. to get the maximum spin speed try to keep the hand you use to launch steady and pull the launcher closer to you and try to pull the rip cord and not move the laubcher because if you move the launcher it will mess up the formation of the launch and also hit the air and drag to get half the speed if the blade makes contact with another blade sometimes it can act like newtons cradle the energy from your blade (if your attacking) will hit the other one will return the energy back to you and vice versa.#3 the flat tips can be endurance because the friction is equally distributed on the stadium. pointy tips are attack because the weight leans to each side that can flow to each way.#4 the way you launch mostly spin speed if you get your blade to spin at maximum speed it will stablelize so any contact will immidiately spin and start rippin up and with the maximum speed the attack ring redirevts the energy and damage it receives to half to get full spin speed if you hold the launcher tight to keep stabillize and pull the ripcord fast without moving the launcher forward in mid launch or else the drag from the push will slow the spin speed to half.#5
Try this magical tool!
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=necroposting

I have always wanted to use this.

Also just a note to you; paragraphs are an amazing thing; they actually make posts more readable. I would highly advise you to start using them if you want people to start taking your posts seriously.
thank you i fell exactly the same way as you do friend