Quad Quetzalcatl

I have no idea how they will write the ending, but unlike Metal Fight Beyblade's Quetzalcoatl, this is really pronounced as 'cattle' at the end. Also a reminder that Quetz- is pronounced like 'kets', not 'kwets'.

So this is confirmed to be the Q Dual Layer Beyblade and it should come out around fall or winter.
FINALLY, A QUETZ BEY! I HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR THIS Unsmith

So happy to be getting a Quetz in Burst, but the name makes me think it will have 4 attack points instead of having 2 slops; Quad. But, I am happy never the less! :')

Thank you sooo much for the info, Kai-V.
Interesting. I have a feeling this will be a great design. I'm sure there will be a lot of speculation about the "Quad" part, but honestly how many beyblade-fitting words beginning with "Q" are there?

Anyway, thanks for the information, Kai-V!
Man I expected Q to stand for Quetzalcoatl.

It's good that we're getting more DL Beyblades that aren't just upgrades from the previous Burst system.

Like Brad once said, the alliteration isn't literal like MFB, it's just to make it sound cool.
Shame, was hoping for Qbert.
wow i was thinking they will never release Quatxalcoat again but it's here!

thanks Kai-V
(Jun. 24, 2016  7:26 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Shame, was hoping for Qbert.

I was thinking the same thing ;u;

Hope this is a good Attack type. I dunno.
It would be so ironic if Quad Quetzalcoatl was the exclusive Beyblade that was included with the upcoming Beyblade Burst 3DS video game. The release date certainly falls close.

Thank you Dual, Hato and FIREFIRE CPB.
Quetzalcatal... I hope they change the name before release Tongue_out Instead of sounding like a dragon, it sounds like a cow XD
It would be interesting to see if they adopt the design from Quetzacoatl Hah !
Looking Forward to this Release And As Always Thanks V !!!!
Cheers !!!
Burst.
Wonder how the heck TT is going to manage to make the layer resemble a 'Q'.
But this is actually kind of exciting, can't wait to see it in the fall or winter, as well as mad minoboros, exceed evileye?, unlock unicorn, zillion Zeus, jeir jormungand, and perhaps more.
Good stuff, Kai-V
Thank you Kai-V for the info. Grin Can´t wait to see what it looks like. ^__^
So we get a J and a Y pronounced the same in Jeager Yggdrassil but they pronounce Quetz with a K and give it an actual Q prefix? TT why?
(Jun. 28, 2016  11:11 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: So we get a J and a Y pronounced the same in Jeager Yggdrassil but they pronounce Quetz with a K and give it an actual Q prefix? TT why?

"Yeager Yggdrasil" works well in Japanese (and I honestly don't think it's a big deal, fictional names based in mythology all the time and it's a pretty cool name). Quad and Quetzalcatl is fine, what are you trying to say? The actual name Quetzalcoatl is pronounced "ketsal". That's not a decision Takara-Tomy made.
It's still a decision to pair "Ketsal" with a Q and not a K so that it's not verbally alliterative like every other dual layer.
I don't think pronunciation has anything to do with how they decide write any name
They are japanese, not english or american, for them is a foreign word no matter how it's pronounced

That's more like a personal issue with the way you may have to read it

Has a spanish (not mexican) speaker I have more problems making people pronounce "Beyblade" than "Quetzatcoatl", and Quetzalcoatl, even if it's a "hard" word, makes more sence for us to pronounce it

(If I sound to rude let me know and I will try to rephrase to be more polite)
I'am not surprised because Quetzalcatl was not shown off at all and appeared last minute but I'am happy Quetzalcatl finaly having it's chance to shine in the newest area of beyblade
It has always clearly been a matter of just having two words that start with the same letter, nothing more. Yeager is sort of different, especially considering how Jormungand also gets pronounced as yor, but whatever, perhaps they had a reference where it was written as Yeager instead of Jeager and they went for it.

For what it is worth, in Japanese Victory Valkyrie is pronounced as biktori varkiri, so clearly they do not care about pronunciation as long as the words begin with the same letter.
(Jun. 29, 2016  2:31 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It has always clearly been a matter of just having two words that start with the same letter, nothing more. Yeager is sort of different, especially considering how Jormungand also gets pronounced as yor, but whatever, perhaps they had a reference where it was written as Yeager instead of Jeager and they went for it.

For what it is worth, in Japanese Victory Valkyrie is pronounced as biktori varkiri, so clearly they do not care about pronunciation as long as the words begin with the same letter.

Jormungand is based on Jörmungandr which is a creature from norse (scandinavian) mythology. The old germans beleived in the same gods as the scandinavians. In the German language the J is pronounced the same as the Y in English. Yaeger is the english-kinda-writing of the German word Jäger/Jaeger which simply means "hunter" in English. I think Takara Tomy is trying to make the words start with the same letter but with the German pronounciation.
(Jun. 29, 2016  8:43 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: It's still a decision to pair "Ketsal" with a Q and not a K so that it's not verbally alliterative like every other dual layer.

I seriously don't understand what you're saying. Both words start with a K sound, not that it matters. Quad is pronounced "kwad".
(Jun. 29, 2016  2:31 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It has always clearly been a matter of just having two words that start with the same letter, nothing more. Yeager is sort of different, especially considering how Jormungand also gets pronounced as yor, but whatever, perhaps they had a reference where it was written as Yeager instead of Jeager and they went for it.

Making a little research it's a possibility that "Yeager" is also a surname derived from Jäger (Hunter), so it could be they use the surname has the actual word (to much Yggdrasil) or a simple mistake even
(Jun. 29, 2016  2:31 PM)Kai-V Wrote: For what it is worth, in Japanese Victory Valkyrie is pronounced as biktori varkiri, so clearly they do not care about pronunciation as long as the words begin with the same letter.

But Bs and Vs are the same letter?!?!
Seriously, that's weird.
Even though it is written as ヴァ ヴィ ヴ ヴェ ヴォ, they are usually still pronounced as the b sound. So "Bikutori Barukiri". But I still think ヴィクトリーヴァルキリー will look better.
When a language doesn't have the V sound, B replaces it.
Korean, Spanish and other languages do this too.

Disclaimer: I'm not Japanese.
Pretty sure with japanese it's less of a B replacing the V and more a case of the same half way house sound being used for both. That said though, if your spelling is accurate, they're using a fu with an i instead of a hi, to make their B/V sound. I don't know if fi sounds different to hi once transformed with a dankuten but would guess that's where the B/V difference is if any exists.
(Jun. 30, 2016  9:53 AM)エダルバイブ Wrote: Even though it is written as ヴァ ヴィ ヴ ヴェ ヴォ, they are usually still pronounced as the b sound. So "Bikutori Barukiri". But I still think ヴィクトリーヴァルキリー will look better.
When a language doesn't have the V sound, B replaces it.
Korean, Spanish and other languages do this too.

Disclaimer: I'm not Japanese.

Spanish doesn't replace V with B, we have both, If we don't have something is the phonetic difference, but we have the gramatical differentiated :/

Example (with words almost the same has english):
Combination = Combinación
Convertion = Converción