[Product]  Nightmare Rex SW145SD.

WOW. May I say, Takara-Tomy did the impossible: Pull off a Hasbro?
Before you guys ask (those who don't know), that's softening up the names of parts, like Killer to Evil in Killer Gemios, usually to avoid teaching kids in school about it.
Kinda pointless. I mean, they've already got Killer and Poison and Cancer, so why not just go with the Genocide?

All it's gonna do is disappoint fans Uncertain
i think it still sounds cool mebbe not as cool Genocide
Genocide sounds better. D:
What is Nightmare ? Seriously.
i see nothing wrong with the word genocide why on earth would they change it :\
the colors dont even match it(lol..) if they wanted a nightmare wheel at least change the clear wheel and face black :\ then nightmare rex would fit perfect(lol)
but love that clear wheel. Also a pretty cool face. I was hoping for a new balance type bey hopefully the "Rex" wheel does better then "Bull"
and if they wanted to rename it anything it should be lava or magna rex :\(just cause of seeing the face looks like a dinsaur made out of magna..)
*Nightmaaarrrrreee Rexxxxxx*
Not as good Unhappy
I think Nightmare works a thousand times better.
I mean, not only is it a better descriptor, it actually makes sense linguistically.
(Oct. 16, 2010  12:04 AM)Extic Wrote: I think Nightmare works a thousand times better.
I mean, not only is it a better descriptor, it actually makes sense linguistically.
... Storm Pegasis ? Lightning L Drago ? The names are not supposed to make sense at all, and in no way are they descriptive. Most Metal Wheels look like nothing.
(Oct. 16, 2010  12:04 AM)Extic Wrote: I mean, not only is it a better descriptor, it actually makes sense linguistically.

I'm pretty sure Nightmare Rex does not make sense linguistically. Nightmare is not an adjective (at least, not in the way it's used here).
(Oct. 16, 2010  12:07 AM)Kai-V Wrote: ... Storm Pegasis ? Lightning L Drago ? The names are not supposed to make sense at all, and in no way are they descriptive. Most Metal Wheels look like nothing.

I meant descriptor of the T-Rex..... I thought it was obvious. Pinching_eyes

(Oct. 16, 2010  12:08 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: I'm pretty sure Nightmare Rex does not make sense linguistically. Nightmare is not an adjective (at least, not in the way it's used here).

I didn't mean in terms of sentence structure, just that a T-Rex could be described as a Nightmare [but not a Genocide].
I wrote that the Metal Wheels were not supposed to describe anything though.
Maybe the guy who came up with the design for this Beyblade had a Nightmare about a T-Rex and decided to change the name to Nightmare Rex. Lol I'm JK!

I hope this Beyblade's Metal Wheel is good. Hopefully it's not as bad as Dark, or Sol.

EDIT: And hopefully it's better than Storm, or Ray.
(Oct. 16, 2010  12:16 AM)Extic Wrote: I didn't mean in terms of sentence structure, just that a T-Rex could be described as a Nightmare [but not a Genocide].

Unless it kills everything, but I digress.
(Oct. 16, 2010  12:23 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I wrote that the Metal Wheels were not supposed to describe anything though.

They might not be supposed to, but I don't think you can deny that they try.
And I think because of it fitting better, it comes off as a better name.
Honestly, I'll just call this thing Genocide Rex anyway...
(Oct. 16, 2010  12:25 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote: Maybe the guy who came up with the design for this Beyblade had a Nightmare about a T-Rex and decided to change the name to Nightmare Rex. Lol I'm JK!

I hope this Beyblade's Metal Wheel is good. Hopefully it's not as bad as Dark, or Sol.

EDIT: And hopefully it's better than Storm, or Ray.

hahaha making a bey up then having a nightmare of being chanced by it(in its"spirit form" or whatever you wanna call it.) would make me change it to nightmare Grin
and its impossible to suck worse then dark :T
and why so attack types can get another awsome atatck wheel and destroy the other types haha i hope its etheir stanima or defense Grin
It won't be though. You can tell just by the way it looks, it's obviously an attack wheel.
In memory of Genocide :
[Image: mfbds4.jpg]

(It is clearly written "GRex" on the right, and "ジェノサイドレックス" below the Beyblade.)
Genoocide...not a very good name. Nightmare is better

"Souls! Need more souls!" - Nightmare, Soul Caliber series

sorry off topic. anyway, excited for this release

you know what this means, we need a wheel called Dream, or Salvation lol (only slightly joking)
I know that everyone is well aware of the Japanese site, but for those that just want a link straight to a clearer picture of it...

http://www.hudson.co.jp/beyblade/ds4/bey.html
(Oct. 24, 2010  5:42 PM)Separated Spine Wrote: I know that everyone is well aware of the Japanese site, but for those that just want a link straight to a clearer picture of it...

http://www.hudson.co.jp/beyblade/ds4/bey.html
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Nightmar...#pid385391
Personally I think that this wheel is going to be quite useful.
This is an awesome Bey.
The underside, photo by Kerry :
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

Somewhat looks like the underside of Tornado, IIRC.