[Product]  BBG-09 Random Booster Vol. 1 Thief Phoenic E230GCF

Since i couldnt give up, I finally got theif pheonic.
Anyways heres how it looks with "rare" parts.
Ugh, I'm tired of seeing red!

But it does match the Phoenix = Red though..

(Apr. 21, 2012  2:28 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I don't think it is an accident that they are compatible ... surely TT would not overlook that.

I dunno man, they've had a lot of oversights like that with 4d beys. For example, a whole load of wheels can sit on Diablo's ultimate balance mode, including Basalt of all things, Death's Metal Frame sits comfortably on Scythe, and so on (I spent a while fiddling with that kind of thing, haha). Even before that, there's even the interchangeability of ED145 and WA130.

So yeah, I can see them overlooking it or just plain not worrying about it, as rules are now much more specific in MFB, unless something is clearly endorsed in the instructions, it's generally not legal. They basically stopped caring. If we did legalise that kinda thing, we'd have 160g beyblades running around (okay an upside down LDG Metal Frame on ED145's Track causes a lot of stamina problems but you get the point right?)

Good point. But don't forget that it is specifically stated that 4D metal wheel parts must stay with their respective metal wheel. The track compatibily, however, is not directly mentioned.

Personally, I like "secret" combos. The game feels less strict on customization, like plastics were.
Was it directly stated though? I forget.

That said, hey if I'm allowed to use ED130 I'm cool with that. It sucks, but it looks cool.

Oh, and forgot to mention, Phoenix looks gorgeous with the red parts.... I wish they were sold like that by default haha.
Definitely. Thief Phoenec looks amazing with the red Crystal Wheel. I also love the aqua blue Shinobi. If I don't get the super rare blade, I'd be happy with one of the cool recolours.
Brad, did you not write before that it was dettachable only for production purposes ? That it would take more time if they bothered putting the disk and the Track together, so they sell them separated, and they are just too lazy to change their mechanism of insertion ? Plus, if they always had a different mechanism of insertion/composition, perhaps it would just become too confusing for the kids.
Yes, that looks MUCH better Brood! Grin
Whoa, BD145's disk on E230 is certainly quite interesting!
Its true, that one may not call it an unintentional "compatibility error"; seeing how large the possibilities of the two being compatible were, TT certainly wouldn't overlook the matter.
BD145 being immovable on the E230 track does indicate that the Molds are different, and a difference exists.
I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the original disk of E230 could move, so TT intentionally made it capable to hold a "fixed" BD145. But well, that is nothing more than a fantasy, haha!
As it is, unless we have TT saying something, we'd have this as an illegal modification. Sooo....

The E230 disk looks thinner than BD145 of course... No wonder its lighter, haha!
This 230 track is also not as smooth as the original one, so one may not expect Defense similar to 230 here...
We may expect something different, though!

Also Brood, Phoenec looks awesome with the red! I actually did not disapprove of its original colors that much, as it still looked quite beautiful to me. The color combination was too bad, and even the theme wasn't kept in mind(I wouldn't care about this, as we all have had a blue Phoenix bey, and we all probably loved it; i.e. Dranzer), but I still liked the design and the colors (if considered individually and not as a combination, that is).
All in all, I love eet!
Phoenic Phoenic E230GCF(gray) looks like something you would find in a sawmill hacking up lumber... I think this might be one of the only cases where I like it more when it isn't Synchromed(aside from the nasty purulent sputum crystal wheel), but it still overall looks fantastic.

As for the Boost Disk... given how wacky Boost Disk is in the Zero-G Stadia, I can't imagine it being useful there, but in BB-10s, it could be something really neat.

However, it also really doesn't feel legal, and if we allowed it, it would break our usual tradition of "keep parts where they were made to go", wouldn't it?
Honestly, I think Phoenix will be better synchromed with something else. One good thing about synchrom is it gives us more separate control over weight and contact point to some degree, and honestly, the whole synchrom thing exponentially increases the amount of testing we need, though I guess looking for other wheels that expose contact points and/or add weight in the right places will generally be the main thing.

And yeah, I actually really like the beyblades looks, but only with the red parts. Your description of the color of the stock one is perfect.

And personally, based on the fact we never considered ED145/WA130's inter-compatibility legal, this wouldn't be legal either IMO. I'd also be terrified of what "BD230" would do in BB-10 (though E230 already seems to perhaps be a threat, and honestly, I get the feeling based on Takara Tomy's discontinuation of BB-10 that these new parts maybe aren't intended for BB-10 anyway). If it were plastics we were dealing with, yeah it would be legal, but MFB just isn't like that...

With the way Phoenic is set up, synchroming it eliminates the potency of the primary contact points, and only really creates one more valid new one, is the problem. So, we'll probably want to stick something circular under it that doesn't eclipse the contact points, if possible.

If not, though, Phoenic Phoenic will probably still be better...
Hm, but unless my spatial reasoning is failing me, it's not "mirrored" when synchromed with itself, so the contact points would be facing opposite directions and risk obscuring themselves. Also, isn't it "aimed" to be the bottom synchrom, as in all spikes face "forward" in right spin when it's the bottom synchrom wheel? In that case, you'd want to have a heavier/nicely distributed, unobtrusive top chrome wheel, if such thing exists.

Honestly as I said, this is going to result in a lot of us having to go over every possible synchrom combination to find good ones, and that could become a huge task as the series progresses, if they keep weights roughly equal...
Yeah, I said it would eliminate the potency of the primary contact points, which is the same as obscuring them. But, even so, it'll still be the only Zero-G wheel so far with significant contact points at all.

I really want to see Phoenic laid atop the smallest current chrome wheel/under it, before I make any real judgement calls, though.
Ahh, I misinterpreted your post, haha.

It may even be neccessary to match it up with all of them, in case the shape of one wheel, present, past, or future, has particularly good synergy...

Eeesh, this is going to be a lot of work to test...
There's no way BD230 would be legal. It's not for intended use. Simpler concept like swapping PC frames on 4D Metal Wheels is not allowed. It'll remain as E230, NOT BD230.

Street fight style battles for fun, is a different story altogether though. Smile
Really glad having identical pulls can stop being a major turn-off for some. I wouldn't mind getting both Phoenics with two purchases.
(Apr. 21, 2012  9:31 PM)Uwik Wrote: There's no way BD230 would be legal. It's not for intended use. Simpler concept like swapping PC frames on 4D Metal Wheels is not allowed. It'll remain as E230, NOT BD230.

I dunno ... Brad makes a good point. I don't think any of the things he mentioned were explicitly stated as "legal" when the came out, yet they were still accepted in that way. Has TAKARA-TOMY ever explicitly stated that compatibility between parts like this and ED145/WA130 are illegal?
With MFB, the case has always seemed to be that unless they explicitly stated something to be legal, it wasn't.

Whether that is TT's intent or not, I am not sure, but that's basically always how we've called things.
(Apr. 22, 2012  1:42 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2012  9:31 PM)Uwik Wrote: There's no way BD230 would be legal. It's not for intended use. Simpler concept like swapping PC frames on 4D Metal Wheels is not allowed. It'll remain as E230, NOT BD230.

I dunno ... Brad makes a good point. I don't think any of the things he mentioned were explicitly stated as "legal" when the came out, yet they were still accepted in that way. Has TAKARA-TOMY ever explicitly stated that compatibility between parts like this and ED145/WA130 are illegal?

Well, yes and no. I fully agree that it's not an overlook on TAKARA-TOMY's part on the compatibility between parts. They must know about these things.

I do disagree about 'just because nobody mentions it doesn't mean you can't do it' for obvious reasons. I mean they don't need to explicitly list and explain the details of what can / can not be done. Imagine the length of instruction sheets overtime. TAKARA-TOMY is not a stage mom kinda company. Tbh, no one cared about ED145/WA130 then because they are not great tracks, but when you mash up the 2 most powerful tracks in MFB history, all hell will break loose.

Yes, it's detachable by design, because they simply recycle the design. The whole purpose is to allow mode changes whenever possible, NOT parts changes.
In my opinion, you always need to imagine yourself in the Beyblade world championship, with the TAKARA-TOMY employees checking all your parts. Would they have agreed to "WA145" ? I really do not think so.
Sorry to disturb this delightful BD230 conversation; do we know the types of all the Beys included in the Random Booster?
(Apr. 22, 2012  5:10 AM)Kai-V Wrote: In my opinion, you always need to imagine yourself in the Beyblade world championship, with the TAKARA-TOMY employees checking all your parts. Would they have agreed to "WA145" ? I really do not think so.

Maybe. Maybe not. I think that either way, TT will issue a ruling about this soon. Maybe ask one of the Japanese parents?
(Apr. 22, 2012  2:25 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2012  5:10 AM)Kai-V Wrote: In my opinion, you always need to imagine yourself in the Beyblade world championship, with the TAKARA-TOMY employees checking all your parts. Would they have agreed to "WA145" ? I really do not think so.

Maybe. Maybe not. I think that either way, TT will issue a ruling about this soon. Maybe ask one of the Japanese parents?

Ask parents for what?If its asking on the phone... I can handle it....I think.
(Apr. 22, 2012  9:10 AM)Manaphy12342 Wrote: Sorry to disturb this delightful BD230 conversation; do we know the types of all the Beys included in the Random Booster?

"types"? I'm not sure of TT's designations for them, but we do have a complete list of all the Combinations in the Random Booster a page or two back.