[Product]  BB-36 Metal Face

(Apr. 24, 2009  9:31 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: i think a case is a bit overkill ... that would be 48 metal faces ...
*cough* >_>

24 metal faces... Beyblading army?
We're the masters of overkill brad
Mmm , can't wait to get some.
It seems the official weigh was not posted here ...

Hind says that a Metal Face weighs 5 grams, which is 4 more grams than a normal Face.
I thought it was 3.5 grams?
(Apr. 26, 2009  1:10 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It seems the official weigh was not posted here ...

Hind says that a Metal Face weighs 5 grams, which is 4 more grams than a normal Face.

Awesome! That's great news XD 5g is a lot more than I expected. This will definately make a huge difference. A lot of wheels such as L Drago can be used a lot more now. I'll be buying an extra few packs of these Wink

But Libra + Metal Face = ?!?!
(Apr. 26, 2009  1:13 PM)blader9 Wrote: I thought it was 3.5 grams?

What gave you that idea?
(Apr. 26, 2009  1:17 PM)josh-jf Wrote: What gave you that idea?

It was posted earlier that the actual weight might have been 3.5g instead but that was unofficial, I don't know why he took it so serious.
The packaging says "3.5g Up"
But if its actually an extra 4g, this is fantastic!

A 5g face, Pretty much the most useful part now. Tongue_out
(Apr. 26, 2009  1:26 PM)Crimson Wrote: The packaging says "3.5g Up"

It says that? odd, the production always have inconsistencies with the weight.
Actually, hind might be rounding up a lot since he does not give any decimal. The actual weight might be of 4.5 grams.

Kyoganken should confirm that in some days or weeks ...
Alright, that makes much more sense.
It's easier to say it's 5g (and have it be too much), than round down to 4g (and have it not be enough) if you're not going to use decimals.

And since the official packaging says its an extra 3.5g, I don't think Takara-Tomy would say it's lighter than it actually is.
what does the metal face do to the mfbs itself.
(Apr. 26, 2009  3:04 PM)cutewolfsam Wrote: what does the metal face do to the mfbs itself.

Add weight to make the MFB heavier.

A normal plastic face is 1g, whereas a metal face is 4.5-5g.

The heavier the blade, the more spin velocity it will have, it will have better defense, etc.
Oh , ok thanks for telling cause i really couldn't see any advantage but now i can , so anyway im definetley buying 4 packs of them.
(Apr. 26, 2009  3:07 PM)Aqua Wrote: Add weight to make the MFB heavier.

A normal plastic face is 1g, whereas a metal face is 4.5-5g.

The heavier the blade, the more spin velocity it will have, it will have better defense, etc.

More weight does not increase the maximum rotation speed. It decreases it. The amount of max rotation speed lost depends heavily on how far the weight is from the axis. That's why a Ten Wide will make a blade spin more slowly. Ten Heavy will make that same Beyblade spin faster, but not due to its weight. It's due to where the weight is.
(Apr. 26, 2009  1:26 PM)Crimson Wrote: The packaging says "3.5g Up"

this is about right as the fac eis only coated with metal the center is still plastic
Just got this from Carl off theINtoy -
'We have BB-35 in the air. At this time, our supplier has not had enough BB-36 to supply outside of Japan. We are working on this with other suppliers.'
Unhappy
Working with other suppliers? Inside Japan? I can just see them intercepting Japanese peoples packages and stealing the precious Metal Faces within. XD

But geez, that sucks. Sorry guys. Unhappy
(Apr. 28, 2009  11:13 PM)Blitz Wrote: Just got this from Carl off theINtoy -
'We have BB-35 in the air. At this time, our supplier has not had enough BB-36 to supply outside of Japan. We are working on this with other suppliers.'
Unhappy

I just got a similar email in response to my enquiry. I had a hunch this would happen with theINtoy. Metal Faces are one of the most popular products in MFB at the moment purely because of their use in customizations. I do hope we get some before the event in London.
(Apr. 28, 2009  11:20 PM)Rocky Wrote: Working with other suppliers? Inside Japan? I can just see them intercepting Japanese peoples packages and stealing the precious Metal Faces within. XD

But geez, that sucks. Sorry guys. Unhappy

Ever seen MI-3?

Really hoping theintoy get some before Spinoff, but it's fast approaching..
Definitely going to be tight.
(Apr. 29, 2009  1:49 PM)dieddead46 Wrote: Ever seen MI-3?

Really hoping theintoy get some before Spinoff, but it's fast approaching..
Definitely going to be tight.

I believe they will get some in time for the event. They work extremely closely with their contacts and will try their best to get products in ASAP.
In all honesty, I knew the demand for the metal face would be high, but for it to be at the point where suppliers can only supply their own countries because of such high demand.
(Apr. 29, 2009  3:39 PM)dieddead46 Wrote: In all honesty, I knew the demand for the metal face would be high, but for it to be at the point where suppliers can only supply their own countries because of such high demand.

Bear in mind that the Japanese manufacturers would only make enough for their country seeing as it is a Japanese product and would only be supplied to a Japanese supplier. Whatever we get would be leftovers from what the Japanese suppliers order. I think I'm right in what I'm saying. Brad or somebody with a bit more marketing know how might be able to give a bit more detail. But this what I believe.
This deals with more supply chain management (which has marketing aspects) than typical marketing. The local stores probably purchase higher volumes and and have stronger networks with suppliers which would give them preference for inventory.

Since this game is rapidly taking off there are bound to be some shortages to hype up the demand for the good. Unfortunately stores like the intoy etc. will have to fight harder to get there share upon launch. Mind you this should blow off in a couple months when the supply increases for these releases.

Also BeyUK, you are right about production being primarily for the local market. We are the aftermarket and make up a small percentage of sales. Frankly we are not really considered when deciding on production volumes. This is a good produced for the Japanese market right now, so unfortunately it's very plausible that this won't be an isolated incident. As this game takes off, there is a possibility of other large releases having this problem.

In other words, be prepared to wait a little bit extra for the good stuff.