[Product]  BB-36 Metal Face

Then the alloy is probably not zinc. Takara-Tomy likely doesn't use a different alloy than Hasbro does. I'll e-mail them about it.
Ha, toldya Brad. XD
Anyways, these looks awesome. Will try to get my hands on some.
Its pretty smart how they come in the tool!
I'm sure these will run out fairly quickly, so I'll have to buy a few packs as soon as they're released.
Ooo I really like the look of these Metal Faces! I'm gonna be getting quite a few of these Grin
(Apr. 10, 2009  7:29 PM)Anubis Wrote: Then the alloy is probably not zinc. Takara-Tomy likely doesn't use a different alloy than Hasbro does. I'll e-mail them about it.
If it helps you, some Japanese beyblader had succeeded in melting a Wheel in a frying pan ... I will try to find that video again.

Perhaps the alloy is different to what was used for HMS beyblades and Metal Fight ones.

I suppose we could also calculate a Face's density and compare it with either 4.5 or 3 grams.
Definitely gettin me some of them *drools* Shame about the engraved faces though.
(Apr. 10, 2009  7:36 PM)Kai-V Wrote: If it helps you, some Japanese beyblader had succeeded in melting a Wheel in a frying pan ... I will try to find that video again.

Perhaps the alloy is different to what was used for HMS beyblades and Metal Fight ones.

I suppose we could also calculate a Face's density and compare it with either 4.5 or 3 grams.

I don't think it's 3 grams.. I sincerely doubt any metal they would use is so light. 4.5 grams seems far more reasonable to me. It is possible and likely that the face is cored out. If this is true, you will see an empty space from the bottom of the threaded cylinder.

If I do that calculation, then the metal is 4.245 times heavier than the plastic.

Aluminum is 2.637 times heavier than the plastic, so it obviously isn't die cast aluminum. I'm trying to find something to come close to this measurement.

Also, to melt zinc die cast, the temperature would have to exceed 700F. The melting point is higher for just about everything else. I'm not sure what kind of heat source this guy was using, so...
(Apr. 10, 2009  8:02 PM)Anubis Wrote: I don't think it's 3 grams.. I sincerely doubt any metal they would use is so light. 4.5 grams seems far more reasonable to me. It is possible and likely that the face is cored out. If this is true, you will see an empty space from the bottom of the threaded cylinder.

If I do that calculation, then the metal is 4.245 times heavier than the plastic.

Aluminum is 2.637 times heavier than the plastic, so it obviously isn't die cast aluminum. I'm trying to find something to come close to this measurement.

Also, to melt zinc die cast, the temperature would have to exceed 700F. The melting point is higher for just about everything else. I'm not sure what kind of heat source this guy was using, so...
Toys 'R' Us Japan and Amazon are saying that a Metal Face is "3g UP!".

Also, Amazon writes "Material : ABS, PC, Zinc Alloy". They write similar things for Escolpio and Capricorne though.
They look awesome!
Totally buying several.
Storm Pegasis90RF with a metal face Grin .
(Apr. 10, 2009  8:13 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Toys 'R' Us Japan and Amazon are saying that a Metal Face is "3g UP!".

Also, Amazon writes "Material : ABS, PC, Zinc Alloy". They write similar things for Escolpio and Capricorne though.

Okay, so then I'm pretty sure it's zinc that's been hollowed out in some areas.
LeoneWD145SF Metal Face!
(Apr. 10, 2009  8:40 PM)Hero Wrote: Storm Pegasis90RF with a metal face Grin .

...Will slow it down? It's more like LibraD125D with a metal face, dude.
There is almost no reason not to use a metal face.
High Speed Smashers don't use a Heavy Metal Core do they? There is no reason to use something that slows the beyblade down, on a momentum based attacker.
I really haven't done enough testing to know if it's really so effective to decrease the weight of an attacker. I should figure that out.
(Apr. 10, 2009  6:39 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Two, it seems.

[Image: MetalFace.jpg]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
beyblade logo? Where's the logo?
Pegasis Logo, Wolf Logo, Leone Logo
It's a prototype?
^^ I did wonder what your reaction might be. Joyful_3

And no DGoon, this is the real thing. They don't come with a particular beyblade as of yet so a design isn't needed. :3
(Apr. 10, 2009  8:53 PM)DGoon Wrote: beyblade logo? Where's the logo?
Pegasis Logo, Wolf Logo, Leone Logo
It's a prototype?

Hybrid Wheel blades come with two face stickers.
add your own if you want.
Another item to add to my ever-growing birthday list.
^ I could really use a birthday about now. :\
(Apr. 10, 2009  8:58 PM)Rocky Wrote: ^ I could really use a birthday about now. :\
Same.
I've got to wait till october. =/
(Apr. 10, 2009  9:00 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: Same.
I've got to wait till october. =/

The Bearing Bottom should be released by then Wink