[Product]  BB-124 Kreis Cygnus 145WD

It's not entirely free-spinning? Aw man, I was hoping for it to be fully free-spinning. As I expected though, it's just metal-on-metal, so no metagame breaking here.

However, that bey is still beautiful.
I can tell just by what parts Kreis Cygnus comes with (145WD) that Takara-Tomy put a lot of design into the metal wheel and it might show some promising results. Just think about it, every starter that came with 145WD had a top tier metal wheel, and I wouldn't be surprised if Kreis gains a spot in the meta-game. Too bad it didn't come with a super-gimmicky 4d bottom. Unhappy
the free spinning gimmick may hinder its stamina due to friction. but in attack mode, it may be very good for defence, since it does look like basalt.
(Jan. 15, 2012  11:13 PM)dragoonevo Wrote: the free spinning gimmick may hinder its stamina due to friction.

You might want to start calling it the "sliding gimmick" now that we know that it is not entirely free-spinning at all ... Do not mislead people any further.
Can anyone try to confirm or infirm how I think sliding is possible, but only for a few degrees ?

I think that the four small points on the underside of the Metal Frame when in Defense Mode are basically put between each of the four small points of the Core itself. Therefore, it can rotate within these parametres, but the small cubes on the Core stop the Metal Frame from rotating any further.

And the Metal Frame is fixed in Attack Mode simply because its protrusions are made to fit in the holes of the Core perfectly.

I used these photographs as referrence :
http://ameblo.jp/papitan-fumitan/image-1...05068.html
http://ameblo.jp/papitan-fumitan/image-1...09643.html
http://ameblo.jp/papitan-fumitan/image-1...09644.html
its interesting. the box advertises the top to have MB as the tip and the 85 track, (See 0:57) but when he actually has it out of the box in the video the track is 145wd (as well as the name). hmmmmm.
(Jan. 17, 2012  12:43 AM)Enorith Wrote: its interesting. the box advertises the top to have MB as the tip and the 85 track, (See 0:57) but when he actually has it out of the box in the video the track is 145wd. hmmmmm.

What ? You are probably referring to the combinations TAKARA-TOMY suggests, not the actual Track and Bottom Kreis Cygnus is supposed to have and which are written all over the box ...
(Jan. 17, 2012  12:43 AM)Enorith Wrote: its interesting. the box advertises the top to have MB as the tip and the 85 track, (See 0:57) but when he actually has it out of the box in the video the track is 145wd (as well as the name). hmmmmm.

Those are the recommended combos
(Jan. 16, 2012  3:12 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Can anyone try to confirm or infirm how I think sliding is possible, but only for a few degrees ?

I think that the four small points on the underside of the Metal Frame when in Defense Mode are basically put between each of the four small points of the Core itself. Therefore, it can rotate within these parametres, but the small cubes on the Core stop the Metal Frame from totating any further.

Yeah that's what I could tell from what I had seen.

And looking at Akiras Daddy's video again, it seems that the distance it rotates is the same as the distance of those notches.
Just like SSJ, those were my first impressions too.

must be true
I would like to mention that since it slides and doesn't freely rotate, that it is closer to ultimate balance mode diablo that you guys first believed.

Not same mind you, but I feel that I was somewhat right with my prediction at least lol.
Aw, I am so disheartened to hear that this can spin freely only to a certain degree.
The sliding gimmick though, is quite impressive as I see it. Of course a fully free spinning wheel would be better, but this is no bad!
How much I wish I could get this piece of art now! Joyful_2
I can see a few battle videos of Kreis from MSpapitan in the Video Suggestions column, but owing to my super slow internet connection, I cannot post the link...
I haven't really been updated..but because of that, I'm just happy that part of it at least spins freely. To a point.

I've already gotten 4 of these for my shop. I won't be holding on to one until testing can be done. I would hate to have a piece of scrap metal which is outclassed by other better wheels for its purpose.

It is quite beautiful though...
Wow, that is probably not "scrap metal". Tongue_out
Even if it be outclassed, that thing is SO beautiful! If I got 4 of those like you did, I would hold up on all of them!
Also, as it was already known that it would be spinning freely, what you said- "Part of it at least it spins freely" wouldn't be the most perfect expression. Wink
But yeah, there were certain speculations of the two metal parts "grinding" when free spinning. At least that is not the case....
And of course, its beautiful!
Although I would hate the look of it...once Kreis has been used for such a long time, maybe it would look...*shudders* simply horrible.

Then get out the brasso an' polish 'er up! I really think if you have it on hand you should test it. Wink
I might keep one out of the 4 I'm getting, so having one will not be a problem at all.

I might test it. Hopefully it has some value...
VS Phantom Orion B:D
VS Death Quetzacoatl 125RDF
VS Fusion Hades AD145SWD
Hope you like them. These are MSpatimans, not mine.
It does have a good amount of value, as of now.
Its new, its good looking, it is expected to do extremely well.
All I wish is, this bey would do at least something to get a balance in the meta-game... I wish it equals(by equal, I mean equal. Neither more powerful, nor too weak) the power of Death/Duo/Phantom in either Defense or Stamina... At least that would bring some amount of balance to the game...
Cygnus- Thanks a lot for posting the links. I saw those before, but due to my super slow internet connection, neither could I see the video, nor could I post the link...
The draft for Kreis Cygnus is up :
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...gnus_145WD

I never thought I would have to describe the Metal Frame in so many words ...
Hmmm, that gimmick looks similar to my blueprint of my beyblade
I'm sorry, did it just lose to Death Quetzalcoatl 125RDF while it was on WD in its sliding mode?

I'm very disappointed, but will remain positive until I see official tests.
Still have hopes for this. Smile . Kries Cygnus is probably already top tier with BD145CS =_= lol.
Cool halo swan, nice gimmick as well. Why dont they release a metal doughnut with a needle for the tip? It would beat everything.
Phantom is a metal doughnut, but a tip that thin would have balance and defence issues.