[Product]  BB-122 Diablo Nemesis X:D

Well, even if it turns out competitively useless(which is looking more and more likely...), at least it's had some serious thought and effort put into how much it displays the various Constellations it incorporates.
I'm starting to feel like this will become basically a Bey for collection, as it looks like it has no competitive value, like what Hazel said, but of course, some testing must be done first, and we will still have to wait a little bit. I am hoping some parts will at least be useful.

After all, the looks may be cool, but if the performance sucks, then the looks don't mean anything.
That clear wheel looks hella thick, note just from the perspective used.
It does look quite thick at one point, but another part of it looks extremely thin comparatively - I'm getting the feeling it will be exceptionally poorly balanced.
Poor balance isn't always a bad thing. Think Basalt. It can be very advantageous instead. Paired with a good smash, which Diablo seems to have, would be overwhelming.
To be honest, basalt would probably be better without the stairway of death. It adds certain abilities, yes, but there are huge tradeoffs.

That said, you could be correct, seeing as this is a more attack-oriented wheel, it should be able to make better use of those attributes, and the attributes traded off (stamina etc) are generally not the primary concern of attackers.

Of course, in attack it has to compete with Variares and Blitz, which have exceptional smash as well as good balance. The somewhat arbitrary design of the wheel will likely make consistency an issue, as well (testing this thing is going to be a nightmare, especially if the CW is also imbalanced. And then I'll have to look into it on basalt and oh wow I'm already feeling overwhelmed)

If that is the track underneath in the first picture, man, it looks bulky as heck... I won't speculate much here, but I certainly see some possibilities there. I'm honestly glad D: D has been done, otherwise I'd be expecting of that sort of gimmick. And whilst I hope it's a new track, we haven't actually seen any new tracks outside RBV7, just new tips and 4D bottoms, plus it's basically the bey all of 4d has been leading up to so I'm guessing it's the latter. Again, speculation.
(Nov. 14, 2011  8:23 PM)th!nk Wrote: To be honest, basalt would probably be better without the stairway of death. It adds certain abilities, yes, but there are huge tradeoffs.

Are you sure Basalt would be better if it were perfectly balanced and 2-4 grams heavier? (If you've ever made a statement more obvious I'm unaware of it.)

Think of it this way, th!nk - DGrin may be done, but what if they opt for even MORE possible tips? There's a horrifying thought to be accompanied by dramatic organ music, for you. Regardless, I don't think we've got any solid basis to guess about the track, yet.

(Nov. 14, 2011  8:20 PM)Uwik Wrote: Poor balance isn't always a bad thing. Think Basalt. It can be very advantageous instead. Paired with a good smash, which Diablo seems to have, would be overwhelming.

I was talking about the CW, actually, not the MW. The MW is going to have disgusting recoil - anyone who has ever launched a Beyblade could see that just by looking at it. Goofy contact points and such probably won't help it, either... kind of a Burning Kerberous AR situation, where no matter how good the individual heads are, the lack of consistency is just overall terrible. That part of the discussion, though, hinges a bit too much in unseen variables, so we'll just have to wait and see.
At the same weight I'm not 100% sure. But the extra balance would fix it's stamina issues and make tornado stalling it significantly more difficult. That said, I used "probably" for a reason Tongue_out

As for 2-4 grams heavier, BB18Libra (youtube guy) has a basalt with a custom filling for that gap. The solo spin time is 10 minutes, though I can't find the exact video in a timely manner. It's also very difficult to KO despite the fact he uses it on 145WD.

As for this bey, as much as I generally agree that consistency alone will be a huge issue, don't dismiss it entirely just yet. We once laughed at 230. Then it obliterated our LTSC/LTAC (and probably would be LTDC) metagame. Speechless

Oh of course. I'd just rather assume it's going to be awful and be surprised than get my hopes up, especially given the shapes and such.
This is going to be great!
Not in the sense of it winning of course, just complete and utter comical beyblading madness.
Not complaining, but I wish there was a bit more creativity. Looks cool, for sure!

Really hoping it is incorporated on how recoil and balance will work.
A bigger picture of the 4D Metal Wheel's parts and Nemesis :
http://ameblo.jp/otenki2010/image-110796...71588.html
(Nov. 16, 2011  3:55 AM)Kai-V Wrote: A bigger picture of the 4D Metal Wheel's parts and Nemesis :

Holy derp... THANK GOD I PRE ORDERED THIS BAD BOY!!! Grin
Intredasting...
Yep, I see a lot of recoil in there.
>dat CW
so sexeh
Oh, wow that bey looks really.....beast hah!! I can't wait for
It to come out it'll be a very awesome Beyblade I bet!! Grin thanks as always, Kai-V! Grin
Looks slightly better, but still looks like Triple Attacker* 2: Electric Boogaloo.

*Burning Kerberous' AR
I seriously do not think there will be that much of an imbalance in this Beyblade. It will not necessarily be notable. If Basalt did not have the Spiral Staircase of Death, it is known that it would be better, but does it just constantly wobble around ? Not really. I think TAKARA-TOMY spread the designs around the parts consciously so that each portion had around the same amount of metal.
(Nov. 16, 2011  5:10 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I seriously do not think there will be that much of an imbalance in this Beyblade. It will not necessarily be notable. If Basalt did not have the Spiral Staircase of Death, it is known that it would be better, but does it just constantly wobble around ? Not really. I think TAKARA-TOMY spread the designs around the parts consciously so that each portion had around the same amount of metal.

You could be true for total weight-wise for each side/portion, but placement of the weight is as important too for balance.

Kinda like seesaw. 2 children can weigh the same and sit on each sides, but where they exactly sit, matters.
(Nov. 16, 2011  5:18 AM)Uwik Wrote: You could be true for total weight-wise for each side/portion, but placement of the weight is as important too for balance.

Kinda like seesaw. 2 children can weigh the same and sit on each sides, but where they exactly sit, matters.

I know, but I think the 'empty' portions are evened out by the 'fuller' portions. What I mean is that Poison is not really imbalanced because it has emptiness between its potrusions.
(Nov. 16, 2011  5:58 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2011  5:18 AM)Uwik Wrote: You could be true for total weight-wise for each side/portion, but placement of the weight is as important too for balance.

I know, but I think the 'empty' portions are evened out by the 'fuller' portions. What I mean is that Poison is not really imbalanced because it has emptiness between its potrusions.

Also, Phantom, Scythe, and Death all have high concentration of metal to the outside. And they are all filled. I suggest that we simply wait and see, for we can speculate, but unless we get some kind of evidence to support a hypothesis, no one is right.

And one last thing, have some faith that Takara Tomy knows what theyre doing. Look at Basalt. Most unbalanced bey ever. Guess who dominated the metagame untill July?
Note that Kai-V never claimed it would have "perfect" balance, so we're really just debating how imperfect the balance will be. That said, I definitely see what Uwik is saying, and I am generally leaning towards his thoughts on the matter being the more likely. That said, as it's almost certainly going to have too much recoil for defense or stamina, it's not a huge issue.

As for attack, I don't necessarily think imbalance will be the wheel's main downfall. The main issue is that it's still Triple Attacker 2: Electric Boogaloo, and I'm not afraid to say I expect similar inconsistency.
Ohhh, the bigger pic kinda shows it wont be that imbalanced. Looks even better than before! But- WHY WONT THEY SHOW THE TIP FGJFGFGYGUFGYJGHGYDTSR...
Perhaps it won't be as imbalanced. Maybe they used the exact amount of metal on each side of the metal wheel, but they simply made it a different shape, which might make it have the same weight on each side. I can't wait to test this one out.

EDIT: Just looked at this again. Did not see Kai-V's post above. Sorry.
(Nov. 16, 2011  4:24 PM)Ryu13 Wrote: Perhaps it won't be as imbalanced. Maybe they used the exact amount of metal on each side of the metal wheel, but they simply made it a different shape, which might make it have the same weight on each side. I can't wait to test this one out.

Really.... Is there an echo in here?

(Nov. 16, 2011  3:55 AM)Kai-V Wrote: A bigger picture of the 4D Metal Wheel's parts and Nemesis :

it is not gonna have special CW? how sad. But it looks good. and TOo much recoil to me