[Product]  BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D

(Aug. 09, 2011  6:07 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2011  6:00 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2011  5:58 PM)Arctic Wrote: I have a feeling this is going to be banned somewhere along the line. Unless Blitz can somehow take it out?
A good attacker will do, remember the attack stadium isnt as unforgiving as the stadium Wolborg MS was released in. Blocking on name.

This is a great point, Tornado Attack was much shallower, in MFB Attack, attackers KO zombies much easier due to the different angles of attack, at least with zombies.

Yeah your probably right..

@ Ultrablader It looks like the BGrin would snap in half if basalt was used on it. It doesn't seem very durable.
(Aug. 09, 2011  6:15 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: UltraBlader
Imagine a rubber one like on W2.
Oh god.

That is bearing core 2.
I think its perfectly fine, but this is one of those times I'm happy Low Track attackers are not in use: this would take such a beating. (like actually break lol)
Is the design likely to be finished?

When do we have to consider some sort of design to not be final before release?
(Aug. 09, 2011  6:17 PM)Arctic Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2011  6:07 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2011  6:00 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2011  5:58 PM)Arctic Wrote: I have a feeling this is going to be banned somewhere along the line. Unless Blitz can somehow take it out?
A good attacker will do, remember the attack stadium isnt as unforgiving as the stadium Wolborg MS was released in. Blocking on name.

This is a great point, Tornado Attack was much shallower, in MFB Attack, attackers KO zombies much easier due to the different angles of attack, at least with zombies.

Yeah your probably right..

@ Ultrablader It looks like the BGrin would snap in half if basalt was used on it. It doesn't seem very durable.

It's not feasible to release a part which would break if used with certain Wheels.

It is thin, but bear in mind that it will probably be made of Polycarbonate like everything else ...
Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Or does that not come on W2? <--offtopic
Dan
True, true, but I do believe Basalt will do fine on it. The real question is, can B:D hold it up easily without a higher risk of breakage?
Basalt isnt the problem. No metal wheel is. The real problem here is the wearing of the base. TT will obviously make this thing support and take a lot obviously, but who knows how or how fast it wears out?
I'm just scared it wears quickly. I don't want to bust the bank to make a zombie.
I really don't see how it will wear more easily than something like a WD. They may wear fast, but ehh, I don't know.
(Aug. 09, 2011  6:23 PM)Dan Wrote: Basalt isnt the problem. No metal wheel is. The real problem here is the wearing of the base. TT will obviously make this thing support and take a lot obviously, but who knows how or how fast it wears out?
I'm just scared it wears quickly. I don't want to bust the bank to make a zombie.

Welcome to most competitive hobbies?
Bearing are back! =)

Well I better start preparing for a metagame apocolypse
(Aug. 09, 2011  6:20 PM)♥ Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2011  6:17 PM)Arctic Wrote: @ Ultrablader It looks like the BGrin would snap in half if basalt was used on it. It doesn't seem very durable.

It's not feasible to release a part which would break if used with certain Wheels.

It is thin, but bear in mind that it will probably be made of Polycarbonate like everything else ...

As far as I'm concerned, by looking at the picture, if it is a standard height (Ex:145 track and small bottom such as B or D series), then I really don't see any less durability than CH120. They look similar in shape, and CH120 moves up and down, which makes it less durable. I don't think I've ever seen a CH120 that has been snapped or even cracked.

Plus, I don't think I've seen a 230 being broken (although I might have...), so There has to be some standard for durability.

Obviously they would test for this sort of thing. They're not idiots.
But I've seen a snapped Rock (Mold 2)and a snapped Ray (Mold 1)
(Aug. 09, 2011  6:30 PM)Shadow Scythe Wrote: But I've seen a snapped Rock (Mold 2)and a snapped Ray (Mold 1)

That happens. I'm not saying that B : D will never break, I'm just saying that it's not a fragile little part that will be used for a week then break, which is what Some people seem to be assuming.
(Aug. 09, 2011  6:15 PM)Dan Wrote: Stamina and defense are dead with zombies around..?
We have excellent attackers now, bro. Libra was a time where Storm was top-tier. :V
TBH I don't think we have the proper metal wheel to maximize this base anyway. Scythe will do.
Gravity and Vari? Too much recoil tbh considering where the wheels will be hit.

Sorry, my bad, I meant to say for countering this part, given they aren't spin locked, but that 7 minute spin time is causing me concern either way tbh, though it could just be the wheel, which could have too much recoil, etc etc.
This is awesome, but I think there will be some catch to this. After Libra, I don't think TT will make the mistake of releasing a too over-powered part. I know nothing about bearings except for the fact that they are good though.
I wasn't around for the plastic era to know what zombie builds are capable of, (and I'll get right on reading up on them via the wiki) but this is pretty mind blowing in itself. Could someone elaborate to me what kind of metagame shift I can expect when this part is released? I assume this doesn't help attackers much (or any,) but what I mean to ask is: Is B : D potentially degenerate, or will it promote a healthy diversity?
Zombies spin forever basically. (exaggerated) Zombies spin for VERY long amounts of times, and if you can't KO it, you'll usually lose by an OS.
(Aug. 09, 2011  6:41 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Zombies spin forever basically. (exaggerated) Zombies spin for VERY long amounts of times,

No.

Read the zombie article on beywiki.
looks like kronos cant wait!
(Aug. 09, 2011  6:43 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2011  6:41 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Zombies spin forever basically. (exaggerated) Zombies spin for VERY long amounts of times,

No.

Read the zombie article on beywiki.

Pinching_eyes Arg, I always say that I don't know why.
Taken from Beywiki:
Quote:A Zombie customization is a Beyblade combo that is designed to steal spin from the opponent and have the "Life After Death" ability. They must steal the opposing Beyblade's spin because they can not last long on their own compared to survival types. Zombies use specific parts in order for it to work together. The AR used on a Zombie are either compact or aligns with the WD in order to prevent any recoil from hits. The WD and SP used on this type of customization are usually circular in shape which allows a minimum amount of friction between the two Beyblades to let it steal spin as well as to help in the "Life After Death Ability". The BB and SG used determines which direction it steals spin in, what type of bearing and shaft are to be used, and whether or not to have a SP with it.
I don't knwo why I always tell myself that xD
well perhaps this can replace my broken wolborg (thats another story)

thanks to the fact i've mastered using staminas i think i could use this bey well!
LIFE AFTER DEATH ABILITY! The metagame is screwed somehow ( =w=") I thought Hell Kerbecs was the 'ultimate' stamina bey lol. Cant wait till my birthday.... :< Thanks alot man. Old skool is reviving again!
I'm definitely pre-ordering this.

Basalt Aquario B:D... Hopefully this won't mess up the metagame.

EDIT: I meant this is going to be tough to beat, haha.
Just putting it out there that the metagame is constant and a new part can't "end" it as such, just change it significantly ...
tbh Attack should still ravage it.
Even with MFH and Basalt Bull or w/e.