[Product]  BB-114 VariAres D:D

Even Japanese seem to have difficulty making out what the name is from the Katakana, but dividing it as "vari" and "Ares" since BB-114 is supposed to be inspired from Mars makes more sense.

http://ameblo.jp/takahisa4227/image-1089...70295.html

Starter to be released on July 16th 2011. 1,365 yen.

Can rotate both ways, like Gravity Perseus.

Link to the VariAres Beywiki Article:
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/VariAres_D:D

Links to testing threads:
VariAres: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Vari-Ares-Discussion
Thanks Kai-V for posting this! I'm having trouble seeing where the clear wheel is. It wouldn't be surprising if it was underneath the metal wheel like L-Drago Destroy.
Loving the MW shape. Reminds me somewhat of the plastic gen ARs.
That's quite the interesting bey... The Facebolt looks like some type of badge or something... I like the shape of the MW and the CW looks similar to Pegasis to me :v Thanks for posting this too Kai-V!
Thanks for posting this Kai-V! I'll be saving up my allowance when school starts so I can buy the 4D beys! This looks beast!
You can see that there is something yellow with only three "wings" underneath the odd, darker shape. I wonder if that is the Track/4D Bottom.

Thank you Hero, Raigeko13 and BeybladerPotter.
Hmm, this bey looks...interesting. To me, it looks like both the track and clear wheel fill in "gaps" that the MW has.

Again, thanks for this info Kai-V.
It looks to me like there's going to be modes, and no CW I think. There is a little circle crossing out what looks like a Big Bang Pegasis, with an arrow pointing to the top wheel. If that is the case, then the track looks like a form of BD145.
Some Japanese have been talking about "Triple Drive" for the 4D Bottom ... I hope it is not just three wings, like the three yellow parts we see.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH OH WOW, that is a HORRIBLE name. Hopefully it'll be changed or something will be done.
Otherwise, I suspect the owner may actually be Dr. Seuss.

But, OH LAWDY, that is a SWEET looking bey.

Also, looks like it's another Metal Frame on top of PC Frame? Pretty cool. That also explains the name being weird, because like L Drago Destroy, it's just considered a single part.

Kinda odd that I wasn't super excited about the Mars bey, considering Mars/Ares is the God Of War, meaning: Obvious attack type.

Those spikes look kinda nasty, though. I'd be worried about damaging other beys.

Oh, also, as we can obviously see from the shape, this will probably be recoil-tastic. Kinda like Pre-HWS saggitario but with possible spike attack.

Oh, yeah, possible SPIKE attack. I've been waiting for that. Hopefully, this delivers.
(May. 13, 2011  6:09 AM)th!nk Wrote: This is the Dual Spin one, right? Looks like Gravity might be replaced as my favourite wheel.

No, there is nothing about that in CoroCoro, otherwise I would have posted it.
The Dual Spin is supposedly Nemesis right? Anywho, I just zoomed in on that picture a few times and it is indeed a Big Bang Pegasis being crossed out in that bubble.
There is no confirmation of any Beyblade having "dual spin", so neither do we have any confirmation on which Beyblade would have that ability, obviously ...
it looks like a perseus type clear wheel. the red part looks like it's part of the clear wheel. and then when you 180 the clear wheel, the red part will be where that other blue arrow is pointing to.

cause there's no way a normal right spin clear wheel would fit on there.
(May. 13, 2011  6:19 AM)Otsu Wrote: it loos like a perseus type clear wheel. the red part looks like it's part of the clear wheel. and then when you 180 the clear wheel, the red part will be where that other blue arrow is pointing to.

cause there's no way a normal right spin clear wheel would fit on there.

What red part ?
http://ameblo.jp/takahisa4227/image-1089...70295.html
As far as I know, that is the background of the page, not the Beyblade itself ...
The red part is just the background.

EDIT: Beaten
i'm referring to the red pentagon shape thing that the top blue arrow is pointing to.
(May. 13, 2011  6:25 AM)Otsu Wrote: i'm referring to the red pentagon shape thing that the top blue arrow is pointing to.

That is a hole in the Wheel. We just want to make sure that you know it is a hole, because you could not refer to it as "the red part" when a better picture is released, since the background will probably not be red again ...
oh that's a hole? i thought it was a red paint or sticker. like the red dots on gravity perseus. but anyway, you know what i mean about the possible clear wheel/mode change.

i didn't think it was a hole cause i'd imagine there would be something underneath it that would show.
(May. 13, 2011  6:11 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 13, 2011  6:09 AM)th!nk Wrote: This is the Dual Spin one, right? Looks like Gravity might be replaced as my favourite wheel.

No, there is nothing about that in CoroCoro, otherwise I would have posted it.

Oh, wow, my bad, sorry. I was under the impression that a dual spin bey was being released in June or thereabouts, from what some people posted. I just connected the two, I guess.

Man, now I've sent this thread off the rails a little. I feel bad Uncertain

Anyway, even if it is right-spin locked, I'm still impressed. Cool looking bey, the face looks pretty cool, and it looks smash-ing.

Also, I hope those aren't holes, because if so, unless the metal around it is quite thick, it'd deform/break like crazy, given it's location. I'd honestly be a bit worried/surprised.
Also, the top detailing (is it a CW on top?) Looks quite a bit like Perseus Attack Ver.
Finally, the god of war emerges. And wow, this one looks really evil! The overall look reminds me of older generation bey.

Could the katakana 'VARI' probably mean 'VARY'?

Thanks Kai-V.
I just realized something... I got this bey and the BBP recolor mixed up... *DOUBLE MEGA FACEPALM* XD Is it just me or does the facebolt seem to have different colors like a rainbow like a bubble? Ya know when the colors are all swirling around? It seems to have that "holographic" kind of deal on it. Sorry for the mixup xD
(May. 13, 2011  6:32 AM)Uwik Wrote: Could the katakana 'VARI' probably mean 'VARY'?

It could be, but right now I have no idea what it could officially be.

Thank you BeyFan and Uwik.

Those are definitely holes, by the way.
Is there any info about those holes (like that blue arrow?)

Also, given how close the name sounds to "Vary", the warrior-themed perseus similarity (and the fact that a god of war bey locked to right spin seems a bit lame), the unusual design, the double-sidedness of attacking points, and the fact that it doesn't really look much like a normal CW will fit, I'm still kinda hoping it'll be dual spin.

But yeah, I shouldn't speculate on that.
Would like this bey to be dual spin, only because I want to see more left spin beys.
(May. 13, 2011  6:26 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 13, 2011  6:25 AM)Otsu Wrote: i'm referring to the red pentagon shape thing that the top blue arrow is pointing to.

That is a hole in the Wheel. We just want to make sure that you know it is a hole, because you could not refer to it as "the red part" when a better picture is released, since the background will probably not be red again ...
Well, if those are indeed holes, then I'd say it is a metal wheel rather then plastic. Hmm, actually, that is what I hope that wheel is. Only because the holes would lead to a lot of breaks, as those parts of the bey will be making plenty of contact during battles.

But, the more I look at the image, the more I think it'll be plastic...