[Product]  BB-113 Scythe Kronos T125EDS

Hmm, that was pretty good, considering EDS was never going to be great defensively (especially with no Tornado ridge for the D-ring to catch), looks like Scythe has some ability to hold it's ground in that respect. No apparent "wobbling" from EDS, too, which is promising.

As I said, EDS seems a bit like an Eternal SD, with a Defence ring around it, which should give it decent balance.

@Raigeko: If you've ever used Beat, the wheel itself, in attack mode, has pretty poor stamina, it loses a lot of spin on impact due to high recoil.

Also: Scythe Kronos: 1. Dude's foot: 0 Unhappy

Thanks for posting those, Kai-V! Grin
Lol I forgot Beat has bad recoil. And yeah, T125 DOES seem to help out JUST a little Tongue_out
The side-part of Scythe seems to have quite a bit of recoil, reminiscent of Burn, especially with the 'somewhat' near smooth round shape. Could be interesting for LTSC, and EDS definitely looks promising.

Thanks for the update Kai-V
As I expected.
Just a weird thought- Scythe as a destabilising wheel?
Maybe so, but most of us think that it will work best as an endurance (stamina wheel) .
Uwik: must say I disagree, looks to have very low recoil to me. If it were burn-like, I doubt it would have been so stable against fang.
Thanks for the videos Kai-V! Stupid
I knew it! TT would always try to improve their eternal tips, you know... ES was a FLOP, EWD was OK, but found some use, EDS looks promising.... and so on. Well, if they improve the parts, it will be great.
Well, I agree with th!nk. Not 'as much' of recoil, but OK. Surprisingly, EDS does show that low grip... Firstly, its Eternal, and secondly, its a sharp tip.... Good balance, but no grip at all. Scythe Kronos is quite a heavy bey overall, but still, its total weight is almost equal to the weight of Basalt...
I believe, the weight of Scythe Kronos was 46.28, while Basalt(only metal wheel) is 47.(something) according to Mr.N's draft...
This does prove that its light compared to Basalt combos, but still, its quite a bit on the heavier side...
Still, this bey was tossed around recklessly... Isn't it due to the low grip? Correct me if I am wrong...

EDIT- Post edited, as I think Meteo L Drago was confused by my post.
Thank you kai-v for the videosSmile
(Jun. 18, 2011  9:14 AM)th!nk Wrote: Uwik: must say I disagree, looks to have very low recoil to me. If it were burn-like, I doubt it would have been so stable against fang.

You, of course, could be correct. I hope to receive mine soon to give it a thorough testing.
(Jun. 18, 2011  12:07 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Thanks for the videos Kai-V! Stupid
I knew it! TT would always try to improve their eternal tips, you know... ES was a FLOP, EWD was OK, but found some use, EDS looks promising.... and so on. Well, if they improve the parts, it will be great.
Well, I agree with th!nk. Not 'as much' of recoil, but OK. Surprisingly, EDS does show that low grip... Firstly, its Eternal, and secondly, its a sharp tip.... Good balance, but no grip at all. Scythe Kronos is quite a heavy bey overall, but still, its total weight is almost equal to the weight of Basalt...
I believe, the weight of Scythe Kronos was 46.28, while Basalt is 47.(something) according to Mr.N's draft...
Still, this bey was tossed around recklessly... Isn't it due to the low grip? Correct me if I am wrong...
Besides that, it is because Basalt Horologium's weight is mostly ON its metal wheel,
while Kronos' weight is on the whole bey.
Don't forget that Horologium is shaking all the time(that is,the death staircase).
Definitely some recoil on the PC Free Spin Mode. But EDS is much more Defensive than I thought. Versing Fang Leone in the 1st match we see that EDS is attracted to the middle, but it is just the FS part on EDS that draws toward. Quite interesting.

The Kronos CW weights 2.7 G, pretty good weight.
Really cause then weights are off in your post about them cause that leaves 2 or 3 grams unaccounted for? Yes I know they are from AD.
(Jun. 18, 2011  12:58 PM)Meteo LDrago Wrote: Basalt Horologium's weight is mostly ON its metal wheel,

What does that even mean.... The metal wheel is obviously going to be be part with the most weight. Scythe Kronos is no different.
Those 2 or 3 G would be added on from the PC Frame and the Facebolt. The PC Frame looks as it has quite a lot of weight. Free spinning in it looks like a Heavy hit.
(Jun. 18, 2011  3:18 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Really cause then weights are off in your post about them cause that leaves 2 or 3 grams unaccounted for? Yes I know they are from AD.
(Jun. 18, 2011  12:58 PM)Meteo LDrago Wrote: Basalt Horologium's weight is mostly ON its metal wheel,

What does that even mean.... The metal wheel is obviously going to be be part with the most weight. Scythe Kronos is no different.

Naw you don't get that....
Basalt weights for 44-46g, while Scythe weights for 37g (approximate)
Basalt Horologium's weight mostly comes from its metal wheel,
and Scythe Kronos weight comes from multiple parts,
so I made that conclusion.
(Jun. 18, 2011  3:15 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Definitely some recoil on the PC Free Spin Mode. But EDS is much more Defensive than I thought. Versing Fang Leone in the 1st match we see that EDS is attracted to the middle, but it is just the FS part on EDS that draws toward. Quite interesting.

The Kronos CW weights 2.7 G, pretty good weight.

Huh? Stamina Mode should have lower recoil, in attack mode, the fixed projections can cause recoil, while in stamina mode, they shouldn't cause any, as it spins freely... Where are you getting that idea from???
I don't see any "FS" part either... The centre is too wide to be FS... As I've said, it reminds me more of an SD.

Also, according to AD, the Clear Wheel is only 2.63g.

The PC Frame makes up the rest of the weight at 2.39g (not included in the Metal Wheel weight).

These are from AD's vid.

A clear wheel's weight generally isn't "pretty good", it's either "Woah, this weighs the same as Kerbecs/Aquario/Bull", or "It doesn't, so it's not that relevant". It's basically another one for the pile of "average" CW's. Looks sweet though, and given how unimportant CW's are, I'd still use it for stuff Tongue_out

UltraBlader: PC Frame and Face make up most of the difference (still .1g or so remains, that's likely rounding from the scales or whatever).

Meteo LDrago: Actually, Horogium+145+WD would weigh similar to Kronos+T125+EDS. It's only Basalt's greater weight that takes up the total weight, and makes them take up a lower % overall. TBH, not that important an observation...

Also guys, all up, the PC Frame and Metal Frame, and thus, Scythe over-all, should weigh 39.72g
That's by adding AD's weights. Cute
Wait a minute.......
Kronos+T125+ED145?
typo or what?
(Jun. 18, 2011  3:50 PM)Meteo LDrago Wrote: Wait a minute.......
Kronos+T125+ED145?
typo or what?

I am sure he meant Kronos+T125+EDS
Still, what I meant, Meteo, was that Scythe Kronos is comparatively heavy. Therefore, it may be proved that even though EDS looks promising, it does have low grip. Correct me if wrong, because there are 2 reasons why I might go wrong-
1. The stadium was not TT attack
2. Any other reason you know of.
....... oh well.
I'm such a noob.
th!nk, I'm getting this from the videos. What you see is much more compelling than of what is being thought. When the guy changes to Free Spin it's reversed. The protrusions on Scythe and the PC's Free Spin enable it to as SEEN have recoil. I'm not sure if this is correct, but from the videos it's very clear.
Meteo LDrago Probably not worth posting just to say that, and yes, typo. I make mistakes, moreso because I'm ill right now Tongue_out

jan: As it's a stamina tip, Low Grip is good, it just needs stability. I'm hoping it'll provide that due to the extra width of the tip compared to a normal DS Cute

And yes, even Scythe itself is quite a weighty wheel, due to it's width. Pretty good for it's defensive ability.

BeybladeStation: Yeah, after re-viewing the fang video, I see what you mean. It doesn't make logical sense, though, so I'm thinking it was more random chance... I dunno. We must wait for testing Tongue_out
Everyone, stop using those fake names. There is no such thing as "Free Spin mode". It has always clearly been either Attack Mode or Stamina Mode.

Thank you th!nk, Uwik, Janstarblast, and Ultimate Zero.

The PC Frame does weigh nearly as much as the Clear Wheel, which is odd.

Solo spin time :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XCoxhCznHE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE_fsLI__iA
Very good even without a modified Rev-Up Launcher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH4zpvwdTWU
4:58?! Ok, that was awesome. It seems like the Stamina Mode has some amazing solo times. I still can't find on just how this works.

Thanks, Kai-V

EDIT: th!nk, I'm sure you didn't know the complete name of the mode.
Oops, sorry, took it from BBS's post. Thought there was a simpler name, I'll be more careful in future Smile

I don't think it's that odd, as it's quite thick, and if you look at it, it's quite large. Roughly the same amount of plastic. That said, I thought the Clear Wheel would be heavier. I guess it's a bit hollow underneath? (it's hard to tell from videos/pictures)

Also, those solo spin times are great, and BB18Libra's Scythe Kronos ED145EDS did quite well there, against Pegasis. Confused

Thanks again for finding the vids, Kai-V
Heh, this would've done better for "Maximum Stamina" than Killer Beafowl...

Thanks for the vids, Kai-V!

I have to test out MF-H Scythe Aquario 85CS as soon as I get it...
Thanks for the vids, Kai-V! Well, would this really beat Killer Beafowl, Mr. N? Just asking...
Well, that SST(solo spin time) is great! The problem is, we don't know yet, that is this because of-
1. EDS only.
2. Scythe.
3. Scythe combined with EDS..
Therefore, looking forward to your tests, Mr. N...