[Product]  B-98 God Customize Set

Just got my set and
OH MY GOD Deep Chaos can destabilize SO WELL
The spring loaded outer layer really lets it destabilize other beys, especially ones that don't move much.
Bearing is, tbh, a disappointment. It just isn't that good IMO, it gets knocked around too easily, it's stamina gets wasted when it barely tips, and it has an incredibly hard time standing straight when low in stamina
(Nov. 22, 2017  7:45 AM)Mage Wrote: Just got my set and
OH MY GOD Deep Chaos can destabilize SO WELL
The spring loaded outer layer really let's it destabilize other beys, especially ones that don't move much.
Bearing is, tbh, a disappointment. It just isn't that good IMO, it gets knocked around too easily, it's stamina gets wasted when it barely tips, and it has an incredibly hard time standing straight when low in stamina

Deep Chaos is great, and it's well-balanced because like Guardian Kerbeus, it's defeated easily by Attack. I'm excited to see what the metagame is going to look like now with Maximum Garuda banned and the best Stamina Layers/combos actually relatively easy to beat with Attack (not to mention the new KO ruling we introduced recently).

However, I disagree about Bearing. As I mentioned on the previous page, it was perfectly designed because if the spring inside of it was as strong as something like Revolve it would have been overpowered. Because TAKARA-TOMY was clearly aware of what they were doing in designing this Driver, we now are in an interesting position competitively because while Bearing does technically have the best Stamina of any Driver, in some match-ups it can even be bursted by same-spin Revolve or Atomic combos. This means that it will largely be relegated to being competitive in opposite spin match-ups where bursting is less likely and where it is now the undisputed king of life after death. It has a place in the metagame without question (it did immediately upon release while I was in Japan and then continued this past weekend at the last tournament I attended, for instance); it is just thankfully something you have to be smart with.
I'm just concerned about the standing of defense in the meta, if it's where it should be.

Yes, attack should be SLIGHTLY more powerful due to the general skill needed to successfully use one, but I'm mostly concerned if attack holds dominance over attack types. I feel a defense type should have a small chance of KO.

I know it seems like a large sum of randomness, but what I am saying is that the boundary between a good defense and stamina type is relatively blurred in this meta.
(Nov. 22, 2017  4:12 PM)Sıon Wrote: I'm just concerned about the standing of defense in the meta, if it's where it should be.

Considering how inconsistent Attack has been throughout the life of Burst, I'm not concerned about that really. The line between Stamina/Defense is blurred sometimes, certainly. But I think we should all be happy with changes that make Attack more viable in this series.
Does dC work on mobile combos? Can someone test dC4bz
I got my packages today. By doing multiple comparisons, I found that Arc Bahamut can only be useful with very low speed (for example, hand spin).
(Nov. 23, 2017  1:05 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: I got my packages today. By doing multiple comparisons, I found that Arc Bahamut can only be useful with very low speed (for example, hand spin).

Are you sure its good just by hand spinning it
(Nov. 23, 2017  4:27 AM)beyblader 5372 Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2017  1:05 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: I got my packages today. By doing multiple comparisons, I found that Arc Bahamut can only be useful with very low speed (for example, hand spin).

Are you sure its good just by hand spinning it

I don’t mean that it’s good, but just a little better than usual. Because of the horrible teeth, aB is really easy to be bursted if you launch it with a normal launcher.
could proto launchers become competitive???
Or just ... don't use it lol.

I haven't tested it much myself yet, but the teeth are so horrible it's been hard to think about how it could be more useful than Drain Fafnir.
(Nov. 23, 2017  9:20 AM)Beatlynx27 Wrote:
could proto launchers become competitive???

I am afraid not. This is just a trick that can make aB only a little bit better, but there is actually a lot of risk if you use it.

(Nov. 23, 2017  8:11 PM)Kei Wrote: Or just ... don't use it lol.

I haven't tested it much myself yet, but the teeth are so horrible it's been hard to think about how it could be more useful than Drain Fafnir.

Totally agree. I really cannot understand why Takara Tomy give Bahamut such terrible teeth...
I think the reason TT made the teeth on aB so weak was to try and allow the gimmick appear more useful, but clearly this wasn't the case, haha. aB is pretty much just a worse dF from what I've tried.
What was the original price of this set upon its release in Japan?
(Dec. 02, 2017  4:06 PM)TheLionisDead Wrote: What was the original price of this set upon its release in Japan?

I got you fam
I found a really cheap b-98 on eBay. The picture and description both confirm that its tt but I'm still suspicious because it's so cheap (even with fees) could someone tell me if this is real?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BEYBLADE-BURST-...SwxixaHX7H
(Dec. 03, 2017  1:46 AM)Foxer Wrote: I found a really cheap b-98 on eBay. The picture and description both confirm that its tt but I'm still suspicious because it's so cheap (even with fees) could someone tell me if this is real?

The shipping says latest delivery February 1st xD
I don't think the price justifies waiting a quarter year lol
(Dec. 03, 2017  2:11 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote:
(Dec. 03, 2017  1:46 AM)Foxer Wrote: I found a really cheap b-98 on eBay. The picture and description both confirm that its tt but I'm still suspicious because it's so cheap (even with fees) could someone tell me if this is real?

The shipping says latest delivery February 1st xD
I don't think the price justifies waiting a quarter year lol

it does for me lol. idc how long it takes lol
I got the last one

It is coming to Maryland the 11th
I just got mine from powerpig, Im going to do some testing with aB, im not as interested in dC, but if a post hasnt been started ill start one in a few days.
Deep Chaos is my thing from this set. I loved Chaos despite how easy it was to burst, and the fact that there's actually a Chaos with a possible use has me happy, especially as I loved running a destabilizer in the early days of the Metal Saga in the form of MF Flame Bull 85 SF. Bearing is neat, and the potential use it has in zombies is similarly nice.

Honestly, between Drain Fafnir, Deep Chaos, Bearing, Atomic, 7, Bump, and 2 Metal God Chips, it's pretty sweet for a set with only 4 new parts. It's pretty nice getting my hands on Tornado Wyvern too, only because it's a random booster release and opening a bunch of random boosters for one layer is for the birds.
(Dec. 25, 2017  8:11 AM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: I just got mine from powerpig, Im going to do some testing with aB, im not as interested in dC, but if a post hasnt been started ill start one in a few days.

sorry...I have a question to ask...since you are interested in testing aB...could you help on my thread for testing?
Maybe if you put an A1 Mold of Godchip, it would burst less, kinda like gK
I just got this set for christmas (woo) and I been doing some really crude tests with bearing/glaive combos. By crude I mean launching the bey onto a smooth tabletop for solo spin time because I left my stadium in my dorm room before winter break lmao. Still, I've been getting dF.4G.Br to spin an average of 10 seconds longer than dF.7G.Br, which is weird because 7 is almost universally accepted as the better disk for stamina. I attribute this difference to the fact that 7 is heavier than 4, and therefore the combo is more likely to tip over all the way while precessing, so dF.4G.Br usually spends more time spinning on the actual bearing. Don't know how this'll apply to actual battles in a stadium, but considering 4G is probably harder to burst than 7G because of it's lighter weight, I wonder if 4G'll be a better match for Bearing overall.

Also less serious side-note but L2 looks beautiful with Bump, it kinda reminds me of Dark Knight Dragooon color-scheme-wise
Would this be recomendable for 51$/44€?
I got it 4 Christmas too, and tW, out of the box, absolutely crushed my aB in stock. The green star frame works well with my green God Valkyrie