[Product]  B-86 Starter Legend Spriggan.7.Mr (dual spin, Metal God Chip!)

(Jun. 02, 2017  1:44 PM)Limetka Wrote: It looks great but I'm gonna be dissapointed if L/R is its only gimmick, not a fan of that.

Sorry but Dual rotation is its only gimmick
This release will either Nerf dF because of dual spin or it will make it more OP because of Metal God Chip, can't wait for this gamble Andrew
Little off topic but I don't think the Metal God Chip would work well for Drain Fafnir, my hypothesis on Drain Fafnir Bursts other Beyblades so easily is its high OWD. The Metal God Chip would reduce that and reduce its Burst attack.
Ammm ok lol, since when is dF used for attack...  dF is for spin equalizing and a LAD battle... Metal God Chip will just make it more deadly because L2 won't be able to knock it around as easily.  Also dF doesn't burst stuff easily lol... It only bursts stuff if your opponent is ignorant enough to hard launch against dF...  The only thing I see metal god chip doing is affecting its overall LAD, but we'll see
From the videos I've seen, it does seem like dF has a lot of Burst attack when slower than the opponent.

High OWD resists spin changes, including spin increases so the opponent's Layer will stop moving with the Disk and Driver since it has trouble moving dF. An effect increased by the rubber.

Or maybe I'm just talking out of my carp, you have far more experience with dF than me so I very well could be.
Please don't base your thoughts on YouTube beyblade videos. Those are literally all click bait and probably manipulated. Also I really have no idea what you're saying about this OWD thing, that's probably only something that works when there's 2 drastically different sizes of beyblades, which there isint any in burst... Literally weak launching against dF will just lead to equalization of spin which will end in a LAD battle. If you're trying to input physics into beyblade then you should really stop because even my physics teacher couldn't help me with something much simpler than what you're saying and that's calculating spin time of a beyblade without actually measuring the time and using variables instead, she said there's just too much to account for, and I'm sure your situation is the same. Simply testing stuff is much more effective and time efficient than thinking up of a hypothesis with millions of variables.
If lS is fairly rounded, then a left spin lS could maybe make dF obsolete depending on teeth and all that of course.
Because it is left and right, maybe it could have a tip that is like VariAries? D : D was really interesting and I think something like that would be awesome for a probable balance type.
(Jun. 02, 2017  7:57 PM)RayUniStriker Wrote: Because it is left and right, maybe it could have a tip that is like VariAries? D : D was really interesting and I think something like that would be awesome for a probable balance type.

I'd see something like that more on a potential Neptune evolution, actually. This is prolly like F : S or the Shooter Change Cores.
(Jun. 02, 2017  8:05 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2017  7:57 PM)RayUniStriker Wrote: Because it is left and right, maybe it could have a tip that is like VariAries? D : D was really interesting and I think something like that would be awesome for a probable balance type.

I'd see something like that more on a potential Neptune evolution, actually. This is prolly like F : S or the Shooter Change Cores.

I wouldn't mind that, as much as people hated on F : S I really enjoy it haha
How would they be able to use a shooter change core. Wouldn't it need to hit the driver or disk to change modes which would be extremely difficult
anyway does h god chip's weight really affect the beyblade

it looks very small
(Jun. 03, 2017  7:47 AM)MPZLShadow Wrote: anyway does h god chip's weight really affect the beyblade

it looks very small

It's metal compared to plastic so yes
(Jun. 03, 2017  8:18 AM)MPZLShadow Wrote: how heavy is it any way

We don't know
7? they will finaly release other number then 2 4 6 and 8, nice!
That's a terrifying thought honestly, the last thing we need is another stamina type like Dark Deathscyther.
I hope there will be a counter to this bey, maybe the God Version of Longinus? I have the feeling this is supposed to be made to counter out Fafnir, since dF.P.At. is apparently becoming a life after death monster. TT should probably think around ideas to prevent layers from being banned like D2 and D1.
And on the topic of the teeth, let's just hope that they are enough to atleast be used competitively, that's what everyone honestly wants, a competitive Spriggan Layer.
(Jun. 03, 2017  11:17 PM)Free De La Hoya Wrote: That's a terrifying thought honestly, the last thing we need is another stamina type like Dark Deathscyther.
I hope there will be a counter to this bey, maybe the God Version of Longinus? I have the feeling this is supposed to be made to counter out Fafnir, since dF.P.At. is apparently becoming a life after death monster. TT should probably think around ideas to prevent layers from being banned like D2 and D1.
And on the topic of the teeth, let's just hope that they are enough to atleast be used competitively, that's what everyone honestly wants, a competitive Spriggan Layer.

I honestly doubt this will be another D. The shape seems more conducive to Smash Attack.
My only concern as of now, is how durable the piece is going to be that determines how it fits on the launcher and its rotation. I can already imagine that with it being able to rotate it could cause some serious wear issues and cause it to slip and not stay in place after rigorous use. I would hope TT would forsee this and prevent it, but you see all these other layers that are prone to breaking and it doesnt leave me with much hope for the durability of this layer. This is all of course my own anxiety riden speculations.
I'm very excited for this release. I hope it's as versatile as Gravity was back in the day. I just can't wait to get my hands on Metal God Chip.
(Jun. 02, 2017  3:36 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Please don't base your thoughts on YouTube beyblade videos.  Those are literally all click bait and probably manipulated.
And you would, of course, know.
(Jun. 02, 2017  3:36 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: If you're trying to input physics into beyblade then you should really stop because even my physics teacher couldn't help me with something much simpler than what you're saying and that's calculating spin time of a beyblade without actually measuring the time and using variables instead, she said there's just too much to account for, and I'm sure your situation is the same.  Simply testing stuff is much more effective and time efficient than thinking up of a hypothesis with millions of variables.

Lol what? Beyblades obey the laws of physics, just like any other object. That's how we know the properties of the different materials used. It's how we know the mechanics behind Bassalt's pendulum effect. And it's how we theorycraft about beys and decide what to test.
No, it's not perfect due to the sheer number of variables involved in a bey battle but that doesn't mean it should be laughed out of court either.
And how is spin time simpler when the effects of relative weight distribution are just one of the many variables involved in working it out, alongside tip and stadium friction, part balance, player strength, minutia of launch angle and countless other minor details?
(Jun. 02, 2017  3:36 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Also I really have no idea what you're saying about this OWD thing, that's probably only something that works when there's 2 drastically different sizes of beyblades, which there isint any in burst...

Nope. Even between similarly sized and weighted MFB beys, metal placement had a huge impact and, while the effect was less in the plastic era, the importance of weight distribution is documented there too. The theory that Outward Weight Distribution impedes momentum change is both sound and known to the beyblading community but, as is the case for many things tied to angular momentum, it is heavily dependent on spin speed.

From pure theory, I can tell you that both beys going fast means a high relevance to this effect but limited actual impact due to little difference in spin speed. Opponent going slow and dF going fast means dF loses little spin but the opponent isn't going fast enough to burst itself and shouldn't need to steal too much to keep that speed going. dF going slow and opponent going fast means less effect from the weight distribution but huge momentum difference, meaning that there's a lot to turn into torque on the layer if dF refuses to burst. Both going slow means little effect and little spin diffrence, the effect might as well not be there.

So yes, weak launching counters this effect but it doesn't negate it's existence, only it's application.

As for adding weight to the bey, I'd be more concerned about the increased momentum per speed requirement making it harder for the opponent to keep it going. A simple metal chip shouldn't do too much though.
We knew what the mechanism was, with the piece underneath the Legend Spriggan Layer being rotated to change where the prongs would fit for the different spin direction, but in case anybody had difficulty figuring it out and needed a visual drawing of it:

[Image: LegendSpriggan_patentdualspin.jpg]

Full size picture: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/images/d/d...alspin.jpg
From what you said, it seems like the disk plays more of an effect on OWD (which it obviously should it makes up like 50-70% of the beys weight), which I know all too well about (common sense really), but monodragon said it's all in dFs layer which is why I said what I did, you even said so "effect was less in the plastic era".
Just wanna add that... Like you can perfectly balance burst beys... If you didn't know... So honestly all this off balance details you're adding is pointless, each beys OWD is almost exactly the same when you take time to perfectly balance the beys, so once again I don't really see a big deal in this OWD thing either than making stuff spin longer and have more LAD (me and Kei had a 100% perfect balance deathscyther battle and no clicks were lost ever, not even when the spin velocity started to be drastically noticable).

Also yes I do know a lot more than you do about how YouTube works, even in my stock battles, they're not to be used for assumptions because me and pyrus usually launch in ways which would never equal to something you would do in a tourney (they're meant to give dynamic results for the video to be interesting), just imagine how terrible YouTube beyblade videos (entertainment wise for the general audience of probably 90% that's not into competitive beyblade) would be if they were all taken super seriously like they are in tournaments, however all my combo test vids are legit.

Also sure you can use simple physX to determine how something will go out which I never said you can't do, I just said you can't get it down to the decimal detail outcome which I have no idea how you missed (I even used a redicilous example of me trying to get exact spin time of a bey).  Obviously I'm not some physX god so I don't know how to explain stuff with physX so I just avoid it and I think the same thing should go to anyone that doesn't have a full understanding of how physX works in beyblade that's why I replied to monodragon with "stop using physics".  Obviously someone that put time into learning physX like yourself can make those assumptions so what you said is obviously true because it's also backed up by tests (or should I say general knowledge of dF).  Though, I do question a bit if you could tell me the same thing before all the dF knowledge was dropped, a bit sketchy but I'll trust.

Just a little pet peeve to add but your reply literally seems like it avoided all context and just replied to me directly.  I was replying to someone not making a statement, so please use context next time.
Alright, so Spriggan will go back to the thin teeth. So my idea how the Hasbro version will work will work as well with thin the thin teeth of the Takara Tomy version.