[Product]  B-48 Starter Xeno Xcalibur .M.I

I can't read japanese in any capacity, and google translate doesn't seem to be quite effective. Does anyone know what this is about?

https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/info_d...myPost=374
(Jul. 24, 2016  11:38 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote: I can't read japanese in any capacity, and google translate doesn't seem to be quite effective. Does anyone know what this is about?

It just states that you need to be careful that you don't hit your fingers when you use the launcher.
(Jul. 24, 2016  11:57 PM)TheGalaxyHeart Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2016  11:38 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote: I can't read japanese in any capacity, and google translate doesn't seem to be quite effective. Does anyone know what this is about?

It just states that you need to be careful that you don't hit your fingers when you use the launcher.

Ah, thanks. I was afraid it was something more serious like a recall, which would be a bummer considering how awesome the Sword Launcher is.
(Jul. 21, 2016  6:04 AM)✱ Wrote: @[Kei], I didn't get a chance to try your launcher, but mine only worsened, unfortunately. It's unusable now, (shocked that this happened on the day I bought it) and I've retired it in favor of returning to my light launcher.

That being said, I've finally gotten around to performing an autopsy to figure out what exactly killed my new high-rev launching sweetheart, and the results are fairly disheartening for something that was supposed to be hailed as the new strongest in game launcher.

That sucks so much, ✱. Unhappy Thanks for posting the complete breakdown with photos, though.

Thankfully my "broken" one is still usable, and the other one I mentioned in my previous post as still working perfectly has remained that way even after the tournament this weekend. Has anybody else ran in to this issue? Hopefully it isn't as common as it seems based on our experience.
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that desing flaw in Sword launcher lays in its "locking mechanism". Problem is that locking gear is placed on gear no. 3 or the rightmost one. This means that all the stress of the locking/breaking the beyblade is transfered trough the rest of the gears (gear teeth). Even the gear ratio is unfavorable because bear no 1. is smaller than gear no. 3 which results in torque increase and ultimately stresses the locking mechanism even further.

In laymans words this is like putting brake before the gearbox (where the engine is) instead on the wheel hub where it actually is.

Light launcher avoids this problem because locking mechanism and "driver" gear lay on the same shaft meaning "braking" stress is transfered trough the shaft and not the gear teeth.

Possible solution would be placing the locking mechanism on the gear no. 1 Uncertain
(Jul. 25, 2016  2:58 PM)model850 Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that desing flaw in Sword launcher lays in its "locking mechanism". Problem is that locking gear is placed on gear no. 3 or the rightmost one. This means that all the stress of the locking/breaking the beyblade is transfered trough the rest of the gears (gear teeth). Even the gear ratio is unfavorable because bear no 1. is smaller than gear no. 3 which results in torque increase and ultimately stresses the locking mechanism even further.

In laymans words this is like putting brake before the gearbox (where the engine is) instead on the wheel hub where it actually is.

Light launcher avoids this problem because locking mechanism and "driver" gear lay on the same shaft meaning "braking" stress is transfered trough the shaft and not the gear teeth.

Possible solution would be placing the locking mechanism on the gear no. 1 Uncertain

While that makes sense, the ratchet is in the place that it is to make best use of the "Control side" gimmick (Which I explained in detail on page 22, post 427) If it were in the place you suggested, the control side gimmick would be rendered moot. Granted, I doubt anyone uses it anyway.
(Jul. 25, 2016  6:22 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote: While that makes sense, the ratchet is in the place that it is to make best use of the "Control side" gimmick (Which I explained in detail on page 22, post 427) If it were in the place you suggested, the control side gimmick would be rendered moot. Granted, I doubt anyone uses it anyway.

What enables this "gimmic" is the toothless part of the ripcord because this part holds pawl in disangaged position while lack of teeth means no power input ("neutral mode"). Uncertain

What I didn't mention in my solution is that it would require one of the addidional modifications:

a) extending the ripcord by the offsetted lenght of the locking mechanism because it would be inside the launcher and not on the ripcords "exit" port. Downside of this modification is ripcord that is few inches/centimeter longer with no additional "power".

b) incorporating some sort of hard/strong linkage that would transfer the pawls mowement to the ratchet gear ( explanation ). Downside of this solution is increased complexity. More parts mean higher price, and ultimately more ways for lancher to fail.

Maybe best and simplest soluton for this problem would be use of stronger plastic or maybe polycarbonate (material that was used in Dragoon F's attack ring).
Diverging a bit from the discussion already going on here. Was wondering about testing, as anyone tested X2TX? That is, Xeno, Triple, Xtreme.
(Jul. 25, 2016  7:05 PM)Syphon Wrote: Diverging a bit from the discussion already going on here. Was wondering about testing, as anyone tested X2TX? That is, Xeno, Triple, Xtreme.

I don't think anyone's in the mindset to test X2 anytime soon with how common breakages are for it.
I can test it in the next few days, I think.
(Jul. 25, 2016  8:18 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2016  7:05 PM)Syphon Wrote: Diverging a bit from the discussion already going on here. Was wondering about testing, as anyone tested X2TX? That is, Xeno, Triple, Xtreme.

I don't think anyone's in the mindset to test X2 anytime soon with how common breakages are for it.

I think you shouldn't state that definitively. I'll definitely test it out once it arrives.
I look forward to the tests. I've been having a lot of success with X2HX on my own, as would be expected really, but I try not to take my own uses and tests as gospel.
(Jul. 25, 2016  8:51 PM)Syphon Wrote: I look forward to the tests. I've been having a lot of success with X2HX on my own, as would be expected really, but I try not to take my own uses and tests as gospel.

You could post them in the Beyblade Customizations forum though, since they can be useful for others hah.
I figured that X2HX and X2FX would both be pretty obvious plays, that's why i would really like to see like X2 Triple X and something weird like X2 Upper X tested
They are obvious plays, but not obvious winners.
(Jul. 25, 2016  9:04 PM)Syphon Wrote: I figured that X2HX and X2FX would both be pretty obvious plays

They are, but how they compare to XHX or VHX for example is relatively unclear still, along with what particular Layers it might be stronger against.
Well, in my own testing against Wyvern Heavy Orbit X2FX tends to get burst kills quite often on both sides of the sword launcher when Wyvern is launched first. Still, I just straight up dont trust my own testing since I'm still pretty 'new' in comparison to older members
For those that hadn't heard, thanks to the generosity of @[Bey Brad], I was given a second chance with the Sword Launcher at yesterday's Tournament.

Unfortunately, it too broke even sooner than the previous one had. The plan was to hold on to both launcher corpses to see if, in the case of different components failing in either launcher, I could cobble together a functioning launcher. Finished open surgery an hour or so ago.

If you'd like to see pictures, back track to the previous page and check out my last post; Sword Launcher 2nd Attempt broke in pretty much exactly the same way. (A bit worse this time, two whole teeth missing, but still from the middle transfer gear.)

I'll be stripping these for usable parts (launcher prongs and 'skipping' pieces) and chucking them in a box somewhere for some potentially neat future project. Would not recommend over the standard Light Launcher. ):
It was pretty heart-breaking to hear the Sword Launcher I'd gifted you had broken like an hour after I'd given it to you ... haha.

The Sword Launcher is pretty powerful and feels really cool to use, but ultimately I feel there's just way too much resistance in it for me to want to use it in competitive play. Launching with it feels sluggish and imprecise, whereas the newer Light Launchers go from pull to release almost instantly, making it easy to keep the launcher steady and aim more accurately.

Xeno Xcalibur itself doesn't seem much like a must-have to me yet, but I'll do some tests soon. Curious to see how it takes on Odin, too. But Kei told me he broke one of his Sword Launchers too, so I'm kinda scared to use it at all. Durability issues plague Burst yet again, and I wonder if trying to get a message to them through Hasbro might be the best course of action at this point.
I'm having a similar experience, it feels like it has too much resistence, fortunately I don't mind that much, but the part of the aim, I can't really launch the way I want like with a string o light launcher, I still mess up my launches with it pretty often

I will have to keep practicing and hope it doesn't break in the meantime
Similar for me with the SL. Just as I managed to start getting some accurate launches off with the thing something on the inside started crunching and grinding when I launched. Very dissappoint.
Thanks Kai-V.

Those recolours completely trump on the original, oh wow they are so beautiful, but that ice blue one is definitely the better of the two, I love both though.
Ice blue is a stunner.
When will the black and gold recolor be released?