[Product]  B-37 Booster Kaiser Kerbeus.L.P

It actually looks similar to claw
Description: 本体の周囲に張り出した突起による重量アップと、接地面の多い半球状の軸先でスタジアムに食いついて飛ばされにくいディフェンス系ドライバー。
The protrusions only serve as a weight-adder. It is also rated as the heaviest among the drivers.
Why protrusions? Why not at least a large bumpy ring like Vortex Apes SP?
(Mar. 16, 2016  7:14 PM)Zera Wrote: Maybe the 4 walls of press have springs inside and get pressed in when hit to absorb shock. That would be cool.
That would be a cool gimmick, but I doubt it would be useful since nothing really comes into contact with the driver in burst, more of a kiddy gimmick they show off in the anime to get you hyped for the top like Flame Sagittario and Screw Fox. I hope they don't do too much of this kind of advertisement in burst, They basically had Madoka sell you the toy in MFB like a fun infomercial.
(Mar. 17, 2016  8:22 PM)StormPyxis Wrote: I hope they don't do too much of this kind of advertisement in burst, They basically had Madoka sell you the toy in MFB like a fun infomercial.

The anime is literally an infomercial for the toys. That's kind of the point.
(Mar. 17, 2016  10:41 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Mar. 17, 2016  8:22 PM)StormPyxis Wrote: I hope they don't do too much of this kind of advertisement in burst, They basically had Madoka sell you the toy in MFB like a fun infomercial.

The anime is literally an infomercial for the toys. That's kind of the point.

@[Bey Brad] @[StormPyxis]

Oh I could tell by their lack of subtlety in advertising the angle compass:

[Image: 334ls0k.jpg]

Comparable to:

[Image: ivfy42.jpg]

Now the question is, which is the bigger sellout?

CHA-CHING!
I think it´s called Push because the weight pushes it to the ground.
It's called Press.
(Mar. 18, 2016  5:51 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: It's called Press.

I´m sorry. In the last weeks I had to study a lot for school so I´m not that up to date with burst so here´s a new try:

I think it´s called Press because the weight presses it to the ground.
(Mar. 18, 2016  6:09 PM)Zera Wrote:

I´m sorry. In the last weeks I had to study a lot for school so I´m not that up to date with burst so here´s a new try:

but isn't that gravity's jobStupid
sorry for this joke, which is really not that funny.
on a more serious note, if by chance press does not use spring as "shock absorbers", then couldn't TT have just release a defense driver with a more weighted circle.
has anything been said about exactly how press works.
I don't think there's anything to explain. The spike details are decorative and also add weight to the outer perimeter of the Driver. That's it.
(Mar. 18, 2016  10:01 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I don't think there's anything to explain. The spike details are decorative and also add weight to the outer perimeter of the Driver. That's it.

I think this is the most boring driver so far. There´s nothing special about it exept for it´s weight.

(Mar. 18, 2016  9:54 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote:
(Mar. 18, 2016  6:09 PM)Zera Wrote:

but isn't that gravity's jobStupid
sorry for this joke, which is really not that funny.
on a more serious note, if by chance press does not use spring as "shock absorbers", then couldn't TT have just release a defense driver with a more weighted circle.
has anything been said about exactly how press works.

That´s exactly what I said. Smile
(Mar. 18, 2016  10:07 PM)Zera Wrote: I think this is the most boring driver so far. There´s nothing special about it exept for it´s weight.

Does it matter if it's boring? It could be good. Defense is currently very popular and it's just a ball tip.
Press could be better in stamina and stability then Defense about that weight and weight distribution. finally Defense will be finaly outclassed. Until we have try it we can't say how it perform but High expectation for it.
if the blocks on the sides simply add weight, what was the point of calling it press?
it could be a good driver, but it just seems like a misleading name.
(Mar. 18, 2016  10:33 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Mar. 18, 2016  10:07 PM)Zera Wrote: I think this is the most boring driver so far. There´s nothing special about it exept for it´s weight.

Does it matter if it's boring? It could be good. Defense is currently very popular and it's just a ball tip.

LOL gimmicky Drivers are cool.

As long as it makes no contact and gives good weight distribution, OH GOD let's hope for the new Kerbeus to be good, it looks so awesome so it can't let us down now!
(Mar. 19, 2016  12:34 AM)NEET no Kami Wrote: if the blocks on the sides simply add weight, what was the point of calling it press?

Do the names have to describe the part's functionality? This isn't MFB. They are clearly going for more stylized naming conventions.

We're getting to the point where we're complaining about names ... seriously, I am at my wit's end.
(Mar. 19, 2016  12:42 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2016  12:34 AM)NEET no Kami Wrote: if the blocks on the sides simply add weight, what was the point of calling it press?

Do the names have to describe the part's functionality? This isn't MFB. They are clearly going for more stylized naming conventions.

We're getting to the point where we're complaining about names ... seriously, I am at my wit's end.

Blow and Zephyr were especially more abstract names, both could have easily been a DF145 gimmick.
(Mar. 19, 2016  12:46 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2016  12:42 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Blow and Zephyr were especially more abstract names, both could have easily been a DF145 gimmick.
fair enough, i see your point, about the names not really having to relate to the functionality of the part.
i think i just got too used to MFB where the name of the part relates to the functionality.
It's pretty much necessary for them to maintain the alphabetized naming scheme. (Though they seem dangerously close to running out of letters already, so we'll see how that goes!)
(Mar. 19, 2016  12:54 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: It's pretty much necessary for them to maintain the alphabetized naming scheme. (Though they seem dangerously close to running out of letters already, so we'll see how that goes!)

If you ask me, the choice that makes limiting to like 26 letters is really stupid, even if they use special characters or lower case like Amaterios, they'll run out eventually. Hopefully they'll use sub letters, kind of like how there's R2Fs tiny '2'.
(Mar. 19, 2016  12:53 AM)NEET no Kami Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2016  12:46 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Blow and Zephyr were especially more abstract names, both could have easily been a DF145 gimmick.
fair enough, i see your point, about the names not really having to relate to the functionality of the part.
i think i just got too used to MFB where the name of the part relates to the functionality.

Blow was a bit abstract but Zephyr adequately describes how most of the surface that the bey spins on is, infact, air.
by looking at what TT says. https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/parts?id=valkyrie

i think press's gimmick is really it's weight. it presses stadium with weight and that tabs prvent it from KOing
(Mar. 24, 2016  6:04 AM)FIREFIRE Wrote: by looking at what TT says. https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/parts?id=valkyrie

i think press's gimmick is really it's weight. it presses stadium with weight and that tabs prvent it from KOing
That's very likely. This is only the first series of burst so we aren't gonna see many gimmicks I would think
the series is young. don't forget they have a full three years to complete Burst hah!